IGNORED

Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Seven

samurai_sarah

Damn!  I came over here to see the snark on Jessa's latest contribution to the culinary world:  "Beef & Potato Bake"

She doesn't know how to use a knife, doesn't preheat the oven (as usual), and this concoction is just :my_sick:

4 lbs. of potatoes (unevenly cubed/diced/sliced/whatever), 1 lb ground beef (divided into 4 wads), throw in a pan and bake.

That sounds like dog food. I take that back, animals deserve better food than...whatever the hell that is.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Damn!  I came over here to see the snark on Jessa's latest contribution to the culinary world:  "Beef & Potato Bake"
She doesn't know how to use a knife, doesn't preheat the oven (as usual), and this concoction is just :my_sick:
4 lbs. of potatoes (unevenly cubed/diced/sliced/whatever), 1 lb ground beef (divided into 4 wads), throw in a pan and bake.

Pregosaurus Rex is sitting here like:

image.jpeg

In unrelated news, I miss the vomiting smiley face. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, hollywood said:

Sounds like a nasty variation of hamburger helper

Hamburger helper has seasoning. I dont know what the hell that is supposed to me. No cheese, nothing? These are some no-cooking people.

I know this has stated before but there are so many simple, delicious recipes on the internet that tell you EXACTLY what to do. You don't need to be a culinary genius. Heck. All she'd have to do is watch some YouTube videos like the ones she keeps making! 

I don't think Michelle ever taught even the older girls anything. Everyone is just flying by the seat of their pants (or jean skirt). How much you want to bet Michelle ascribes to some bullshit about women being innately able to cook and clean and figured it'd set in on her girls sometime. 

1 hour ago, RabbitKM said:

Where did she post this "recipe"?

The Seewald Family blog. It's a video.

1. My mama would kill me for chopping potatoes and onions like that. Those are big pieces!

2. Spurgeon is so cute just sitting there.

3. It's a quick meal you can throw together, but in terms of looks, I don't know if I'd serve it for friends. I didn't like how the meat just sat there looking like rocks.

4. Someone left this comment on the YouTube video: "I just made this and threw up. Thanks Duggar family."

Someone responded by saying: "You didn't have an idea you might by looking at how she made it?" Ouch.

Spurge is so damn cute with his little penguin feet and petting his stuffed animals. Those fat little cheeks kill me.

The nicest thing I can say about that meal is at least it doesn't have any processed junk in it. Nothing frozen or out of a can! So a little bit of progress for a Duggar, I suppose.

Potatoes, no matter how small, will take a lot longer to cook than ground meat. They had to be raw.

I'm cooking a corned beef in the crockpot today Jessa. Come over & I'll show you.

They should put together a cooking basket w/cookbooks & recipes like they did for Erin Paine. It was the Duggar girls that did that, right, or was it Erin's family?

1 hour ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

They should put together a cooking basket w/cookbooks & recipes like they did for Erin Paine. It was the Duggar girls that did that, right, or was it Erin's family?

It was the Duggar girls. I thought it was hilarious, given their own lack of culinary achievements.

I don't get the hate on Molly Weasley, Sirius, or Ron. Molly is a great mother. Not perfect (because who is?), but pretty good. 

Edited to add: I watched the video. She added dried Italian herbs to the beef, and salt and pepper so it wasn't as bland as I thought it would be originally. It doesn't look great, but it's an improvement on Chickenetti.

7 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I don't preheat the oven for some stuff, either. With baking desserts I always do, as well as with any type of meat that I'm cooking from raw, but anything from frozen (french fries) or that I'm reheating (leftover pizza, leftover subs, etc), I'll put it in while it's preheating and it's done 5 or 10 minutes after the preheat buzzer goes off. It hasn't killed me yet.

7 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

It's just a variation on tater tot casserole.  Did she add stock?  Maybe some herbs and spices; onion, green pepper?  Partially precook the potatoes (a microwave will do)?

Potatoes and hamburger. Yum ( not). No seasoning, not even onions. You're kidding. My 12 year old grandson made a more appetizing foil dinner when we were camping last week.

Wait, it has onions and seasoning. I make something similar with sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, ginger, evoo, but without the meat. It's delish as a side dish, served with roasted chicken and a salad or green vegetables.

20 hours ago, season of life said:

I wonder if Hermione could be a middle name for a potential daughter of mine. You know, I used to pronounce Ginny's name all wrong. Not Jinny, but with a g like guinea pig. I was so embarrassed when I watched the movies to realize I got it wrong.

Guinea Weasley :pb_biggrin:. I had a sorta similar one with the Lord of the Rings. I couldn't get the pronunciation of Legolas right, so I referred to him as "Legless" for a while.  

13 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

If we were to play a game of what would you rather eat would you pick:

1. Michelle's tater tot casserole.

2.Anna's chicken strips.

3. Jessa's beef and potato bake.

I would have to go with #3. I am not a big meat eater so I would be fine with sweet potatoes and onions with a bite or two of ground beef. In real life I would season it a bit more.

5 hours ago, Swamptribe said:

It's just a variation on tater tot casserole.  Did she add stock?  Maybe some herbs and spices; onion, green pepper?  Partially precook the potatoes (a microwave will do)?

It was sweet potatoes, onions olive oil salt and pepper. Then the ground beef had Italian seasoning salt and pepper. 

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

If we were to play a game of what would you rather eat would you pick:

1. Michelle's tater tot casserole.

2.Anna's chicken strips.

3. Jessa's beef and potato bake.

Don't forget Anna's barftastic chickennetti!

2 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Don't forget Anna's barftastic chickennetti!

I meant chickenetti! Lol, it's so gross my phone refuses to aknowledge it! I never even noticed.

Ok I just watched the home cooking show with Jessa.  What the hell. She didn't even peel the sweet potatoes??? And what was going on with the meat just blobbed in like that? I literally have never seen that before. 

I just looked up the chicken netti recipe, there are like 5 cans of stuff in it. That has to be almost unbearably salty!

Welp, based on my user name - and the fact that TTC is equal with liver - I'd default to chickenetti. 

7 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Ok I just watched the home cooking show with Jessa.  What the hell. She didn't even peel the sweet potatoes??? And what was going on with the meat just blobbed in like that? I literally have never seen that before. 

Why do people insist on peeling every vegetable? That's where most of he nutrients and fiber are. Not to mention the peels get nice and crispy. I just scrub them clean and remove any "bad" looking spots. I wouldn't make a recipe just like Jessa's (I'm not into ground beef and usually prefer fresh herbs), but this is better than a cream-of/tater tot recipe. 

1 minute ago, luxfilia said:

Why do people insist on peeling every vegetable? That's where most of he nutrients and fiber are. Not to mention the peels get nice and crispy. I just scrub them clean and remove any "bad" looking spots. I wouldn't make a recipe just like Jessa's (I'm not into ground beef and usually prefer fresh herbs), but this is better than a cream-of/tater tot recipe. 

I wouldn't peel every veggie, but sweet potato skin is too tough for my taste. 

I agree that it is a step up from tater tot casserole, but there is a lot of room for improvement.  Oh and those flimsy thin cutting boards drive me crazy. Never again!

Just now, RabbitKM said:

I wouldn't peel every veggie, but sweet potato skin is too tough for my taste. 

I agree that it is a step up from tater tot casserole, but there is a lot of room for improvement.  Oh and those flimsy thin cutting boards drive me crazy. Never again!

Definitely tons of room for improvement. But yes! I hate those cutting boards, too! Pieces of junk.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived