Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Seven

samurai_sarah

9 minutes ago, fiery redhead said:

It's called social media.

socIal MEdia

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodwills will ship the "good" stuff to where the money is. There's one near me that even gets furs and wedding gowns. They have "rare" items in the front... some antiques and some Vera Bradley stuff, some high end men's shoes that are barely worn, the "better" women's shoes, etc.. jewelry.. up front and sometimes behind glass cases. Another local GW has a "silent auction" of pricier items, normally collectibles or household items that people might pay a better dollar to obtain. Still cheaper than an antique store, usually, but more than you might want to pay at Goodwill. 

Salvation Army has begun to do the same. Longaberger baskets are behind the counter. They have an antiques appraiser on call.

Still good stuff, still the thrill of the hunt, and still, you might get a salesperson who thinks that item you want is priced too high. That's how I got MY Enid Collins "roadrunner" box purse, in gorgeous shape, with a few jewels missing, for FIVE BUCKS.  I'd have paid the $25 that the original person had marked it at; but I hesitated at the register, and the salesgirl said, "You know? That's too much. How about five?" SOLD and i didn't even di the happy dance until I was at home! (Got replacement jewels on eBay)

ALWAYS sigh, look, turn things over at the register. You might get lucky.

I think the Duggars do this on purpose, but if Jessa was the one who posted this (I'm #blessablocked, so I can't say for sure), she would be banning all constructive criticism anyway. 

6 minutes ago, nst said:

apart from the dirty floor - i don't see the problem 

but then I don't have kids :D

I see no problem at all; dirty floors build immune systems, and if he gets bopped in the face, so be it -- he'll get his first important life lesson: "did the thing you just did hurt or feel unpleasant? Then don't do the thing". He's not breaking sacred courtship rules with an appliance that can fall on him or hurt him with rapidly moving parts, he's not improperly restrained in a gigantic and irresponsibly driven motor vehicle, nothing's on fire, he's just flicking something that might hit him in the face.

On 6/17/2016 at 4:05 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

People might think he was named after any old Charles...maybe even Darwin! 

To that end, he could have been named Charles Spurgeon Seewald which would have specified what Charles he was named after and at least he would have a normal first name.   Spurgeon as a middle name would not have raised as many eyebrows either.

I still think that poor kid.   I understand having an unusual first name as I have one myself but there's unusual first names that are fine to give a child but this one.....just no.

11 minutes ago, nst said:

apart from the dirty floor - i don't see the problem 

but then I don't have kids :D

Those little white nubbies come off pretty easily, so it's a potential choking hazard. :my_sad:

I think if she's there taking pictures, she's going to take the white end thingy out of his hand if he gets it off. Is this the second time I'm defending Jessa? Oh, no, a trend! 

It's a cute picture.. and the floor's not THAT dirty. Immune system boost!

Seriously people? Jessa is clearly RIGHT FREEKING THERE cos she took the picture. Every single one of my kids have been entranced by the door stopper and guess what, none of them fucking died from it. If he takes the white thingy off, take it away from him and let him play. Also, if you have ever had a natural stone floor, those fuckers are practically impossible to keep clean. I swept mine an hour ago, and guess what, you can't tell that it ever happened.

Who among us actually keeps a house that they would not be going OH SHIT if their mother-in-law, or whoever plays the hypercritical role in their lives, walked in right now without notice? I sure as shit don't, and never did. Clearly I should stop posting pictures of Luna because someone might see that my room needs vacuuming and talk shit about me on the internet.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived