IGNORED

Tedious, Complicated, and Particular: Erika Shupe, Part 8

FundieFarmer

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

Erika shared an article about the Stanford rape case.  

And then some piece of shit commentor named April Smith wrote that "any man can make a mistake" and the rape was "digital rape" which isn't rape at all and if it were her son, she'd want everyone to know it wasn't really rape. Then I threw up all over my keyboard. 100 bucks says Erika says nothing. I wonder if April Smith is a troll trying to upset people? It worked. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

And then some piece of shit commentor named April Smith wrote that "any man can make a mistake" and the rape was "digital rape" which isn't rape at all and if it were her son, she'd want everyone to know it wasn't really rape. Then I threw up all over my keyboard. 100 bucks says Erika says nothing. I wonder if April Smith is a troll trying to upset people? It worked. 

Any man can make a mistake?????

Sounds like April Smith went to the Duggar School of apologetics.

So, what exactly is "digital rape"? I don't see it on my chart :pb_confused:

gop_rape_advisory.gif

April replied.

Ok, ok ladies, no need to get crazy here. I am just asking why our daughters can get blackout drunk and start making out with someone and pass out and have zero responsibility but our sons get drunk and make out with someone and they pass out during and he goes to jail? I will be frank with you and say I was this girl as a teen. I used to party and make poor decisions. I found myself in less than desirable situations that I regretted, but can clearly see my responsibility in them. I understand what the author is saying, women ARE sacred, and this is what I teach my 5 sons. But we all make mistakes and when our sons do they should be treated fairly and not just vilified because some "Angel" girl who slammed 4 shots of straight vodka before she even left the house is innocent by virtue of being a woman and your son is guilty by virtue of being a man.

Except making out is NOT FUCKING RAPE. Fuck you, April.

So glad everyone else has already seen April's shitshow responses to the article.  What a rape culture apologist.  Vile.  I am quite happy to see that she's gotten some solid responses already.  Damn shame she's digging in rather than reevaluating her position, but then again, you can lead an idiot to logic and good reasoning, but you can't make them think.

7 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

So glad everyone else has already seen April's shitshow responses to the article.  What a rape culture apologist.  Vile.  I am quite happy to see that she's gotten some solid responses already.  Damn shame she's digging in rather than reevaluating her position, but then again, you can lead an idiot to logic and good reasoning, but you can't make them think.

Nice adaptation of the old leading a horse to water saying!

Some people are just disgusting.

8 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

Her latest response reads, to me, like someone who might have been victimized and is trying to rationalize it to herself. Its sad, really. 

2 hours ago, defraudingjezebel said:

Her latest response reads, to me, like someone who might have been victimized and is trying to rationalize it to herself. Its sad, really. 

Totally agree that it seems like someone who was hurt but never healed is now trying to dissuade others from judging abusers.  It's terribly sad for her, but the point she's trying to make is still horrendous. I find it sad until she starts to point fingers at other women; my sympathy ends there.  

7 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Erika shared an article about the Stanford rape case. It was...not bad? I mean, there was some fundie stuff about women being "of man's rib" and so on, but the author really emphasized how men need to be responsible for their actions and that alcohol isn't an excuse. I was surprised there wasn't a lot of blatant victim shaming tbh. 

A few years ago, I made an angry facebook post about the Steubenville rapists, and quite a few of the fundie-lite acquaintances from my childhood liked it, and a few commented in agreement with me. I was kind of surprised at first, but then I remembered that any extramarital sex is a big deal to them, so they probably regarded what happened as two men despoiling another man's future wife in an unusually bad way. 

On 6/10/2016 at 0:53 PM, refugee said:

Any man can make a mistake?????

Sounds like April Smith went to the Duggar School of apologetics.

Well, she's right that anyone can make a mistake, but this wasn't a mistake. A mistake is staying up all night before you have to get up early in the morning. It's drinking one too many glasses of wine and not taking your mascara off before you go to bed. This wasn't a mistake- it was an intentional victimization of a helpless person, and if it were her daughter that had been raped (and no, there's not a difference between "real" rape and "digital" rape- he forced something in her vagina without her consent and that is RAPE), she'd be screaming from the rooftops that Turner needed to go to jail or that she'd kill him herself. 

I was the first one to reply to her and I got some likes and agreement. I was surprised by that frankly....Erika has not responded but I don't expect her to.  I am waiting for the LAF to post something vile. I got into it with them when they published Chrissy Hynde's story about how she blamed herself for her rape because she was a "biker chick" and dressed the part.  Of course LAF agreed with her because you know only promiscious women get raped. I am waiting for them to say something like " we know rape is wrong but don't go out and get drunk"

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

I was the first one to reply to her and I got some likes and agreement. I was surprised by that frankly....Erika has not responded but I don't expect her to.  I am waiting for the LAF to post something vile. I got into it with them when they published Chrissy Hynde's story about how she blamed herself for her rape because she was a "biker chick" and dressed the part.  Of course LAF agreed with her because you know only promiscious women get raped. I am waiting for them to say something like " we know rape is wrong but don't go out and get drunk"

My go-to retort to shaming "rape prevention" tactics like that is to say, "Ohhh, I get it. So what you're saying is that I need to make sure that I don't dress slutty or drink too much in order to ensure that he rapes someone else--maybe that hussy in red lipstick down at the other end of the bar? Ok cool." 

1 hour ago, JesusCampSongs said:

My go-to retort to shaming "rape prevention" tactics like that is to say, "Ohhh, I get it. So what you're saying is that I need to make sure that I don't dress slutty or drink too much in order to ensure that he rapes someone else--maybe that hussy in red lipstick down at the other end of the bar? Ok cool." 

*slow clap*

*fist bump*

*all the upvotes*

Erika is having a "retreat" at her parents' house where she gets steak, breakfast in bed, and ice cream. Erika needs to go back to her children and let them have an Erika-free retreat with yummy food, breakfast in bed, and time to chill out without her insanity, crazy eyes, and schedule.

A whole sugar free peanut butter cup!?  Where will the insanity end?  Seriously though, I feel bad for Karen and Melanie being the parents all weekend.  I hope they gave their siblings all the jelly beans and tell Erika they spilled and had to be thrown away. 

Jesus that steak looks depressing. It just looks so alone on that plate. No fries? So Erika's anti carb as well as everything else? Good grief.

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Erika is having a "retreat" at her parents' house where she gets steak, breakfast in bed, and ice cream. Erika needs to go back to her children and let them have an Erika-free retreat with yummy food, breakfast in bed, and time to chill out without her insanity, crazy eyes, and schedule.

It's ironic how Erika's mom seems to be able to organize a fun, relaxing and by all appearances normal girls' weekend. Too bad Erika can't or won't do the same for her own kids. She seems to have a decent relationship with her mom but doesn't see how the way she raises her kids might drive wedges between them  

I agree that the kids deserve a retreat of their own!

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Jesus that steak looks depressing. It just looks so alone on that plate. No fries? So Erika's anti carb as well as everything else? Good grief.

I'm anti-carb 90% of the time and I look and feel so much better so I'll take it. The book Wheat Belly Total Health has changed my life. I do think it's weird she took picture of her steak but I'm not a fan of the close up picture of her toes either. 

2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I'm anti-carb 90% of the time and I look and feel so much better so I'll take it. The book Wheat Belly Total Health has changed my life. I do think it's weird she took picture of her steak but I'm not a fan of the close up picture of her toes either. 

I hate seeing close up pictures of people's feet. I'm sure they're clean and all, but feet gross me out a bit (or a lot).

I'm surprised she didn't have some kind of side dish with her steak though. What do low-carb eating people usually eat as side dishes? 

3 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I hate seeing close up pictures of people's feet. I'm sure they're clean and all, but feet gross me out a bit (or a lot).

I'm surprised she didn't have some kind of side dish with her steak though. What do low-carb eating people usually eat as side dishes? 

Salad's always a good bet. Isn't she the salad queen?

1 minute ago, princessmahina said:

I have vegetables as sides, mostly. I eat a lot of vegetables, salads, meat, and some fruit. It can be hard at restaurants when your side options are 4 different versions of potato, but there's usually a vegetable option. And I drink water and I feel fantastic. 

3 minutes ago, refugee said:

Salad's always a good bet. Isn't she the salad queen?

I imagine she's tired as hell of salad. I know I would be. 

4 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I have vegetables as sides, mostly. I eat a lot of vegetables, salads, meat, and some fruit. It can be hard at restaurants when your side options are 4 different versions of potato, but there's usually a vegetable option. And I drink water and I feel fantastic. 

For whatever reason I had the impression that vegetables were high in carbs (probably from family members who are on low carb diets and just don't like veggies). Good to know!

I thought that was a bowl of salad at the top left of the plate; my dad always eats salad from a bowl.  I would imagine Erika doesn't want the salad dressing touching anything else. 

10 minutes ago, mallallory said:

I thought that was a bowl of salad at the top left of the plate; my dad always eats salad from a bowl.  I would imagine Erika doesn't want the salad dressing touching anything else. 

Is that a thing? One of my kids never liked different kinds of food touching on their plate. Food items had to be in carefully isolated piles. The exception was gravy at Thanksgiving, which got ladled over several different otherwise not-touching food items.

3 minutes ago, refugee said:

Is that a thing? One of my kids never liked different kinds of food touching on their plate. Food items had to be in carefully isolated piles. The exception was gravy at Thanksgiving, which got ladled over several different otherwise not-touching food items.

I'm not generally a picky or fussy eater, but I hate salad dressing getting in my other food. I always serve it in a bowl, separate from everything else. Other foods can touch and I don't care, but salad dressing has to stay in its own place. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived