IGNORED

Life as Daughter of Patriarchy Movement/Alternet (MERGED)

fundiefan

Maybe it's because so many stories are similar because of the overall philosophy, but this story sounds familiar to me.

Either way, it's hit AlterNet. And while AlterNet is not exactly CNN and isn't considered mainstream media, it does have a pretty wide audience.

http://www.alternet.org/teaparty/152393/

*ETA: Reading the comments on the article, I see now why it's familiar. It's from the woman who writes Love, Joy & Feminism.

Boo, I can't read it... :( there's an ad to 'stop the tea party team' which covers the whole screen. I think it's been sized for a larger laptop screen than mine (I have a 13 inch netbook), because there's no button for me to close it.

It's too long to quote here. I had no trouble on my 13" notebook. Was also able to read it on my iPod Touch, which has a tiny screen. I hope you can work out how to get rid of the advertisement so that you can read it too.

Boo, I can't read it... :( there's an ad to 'stop the tea party team' which covers the whole screen. I think it's been sized for a larger laptop screen than mine (I have a 13 inch netbook), because there's no button for me to close it.

there is a button "skip this" on the very bottom of the ad'- click this and you are good to go (it is a good article - so worth it to try)

While the goal is to take back the world for Christ through the polls, force is never completely ruled out. I was taught that someday the government might take away our rights entirely, become a dictatorship, and crack down on everything we believed in. My father used to point out the armory to us and tell us that that is where we would mount the resistance when this happened. Force, though, was to be a last resort.

It frightens me that we are going to have a generation of poor, barely skilled Americans who are willing to accept black and white answers to their problems.

Very good article and I agree with the others it is a scary article at the same time. When I read the part about how when she was 12 and cooking dinner and doing laundry for the whole family, it made me think of those people who think the Duggars and other QF families are cute. Those people should read this article and realize the truth about "cute families".

there is a button "skip this" on the very bottom of the ad'- click this and you are good to go (it is a good article - so worth it to try)

The button's covered up. Actually, I think my screen is 11 inch so that may be why... I'll try to read on my parents' gigantor desktop computer when I visit.

I'm linking this article on my blog, mainly because I don't want to lose it. It's scary for me to read. It's like she knows my family! Every last word in this article comes from real life--right down to that government cracking down on us thing. My hasband actually has a "bug-out bag" packed and waiting for every member of the family, right down to the 2 year old. I have told the children that they are for a natural disaster, so as not to scare them, but my husband is convinced the government will eventually "come for our guns," at which time we will have to run into the wilderness and eat squirrels.

(I made that joke only to hide my horror that I actually allowed this to happen to me and my kids.)

Archived