IGNORED

The Bates before they were so shiny and perfect including grifting

formergothardite

@PennySycamore - my current feline headships, Stanley, Sugar and TJ, are fans of First Mate. It is more expensive, however it is extremely good for them. They eat less, and poop less. Though pee they do muchly.

My previous feline headships, Sasha, Sami and Saku, eat much with the fancy feast still. They also poop a lot more. 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I signed up for wikipedia but apparently the Bring up Bate's page is "semi-protected" so I have to wait 4 days plus make a few edits before I can edit it. If someone else has the ability to edit it please do. Otherwise I'll still do it in a few days. Just got edit some pages first. First edit was to the IBLP page because it only mentioned the first 5 women on the lawsuit, not the 5 that have since joined.

Thank you, @TuringMachine.  Good work, especially editing the IBLP page.  I expect the reason the BUB page is semi-protected is to stop fans from using it like Radar Online.

There may be others here who can edit it the page but no-one else has come forward yet.

Oh man, what a lovely rabbit hole to be in today. I was hoping by the time I finished it, someone would've found Michael(a) in that vest.

I forgot how cringy Sarah/Zach was.

And I have to comment on canned chicken...I had no idea that was a thing until I watched an episode of Chopped where it was a mystery basket ingredient. That thing slithered out of its can BY ITSELF. So f***** disgusting. 

15 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Thank you, @TuringMachine.  Good work, especially editing the IBLP page.  I expect the reason the BUB page is semi-protected is to stop fans from using it like Radar Online.

There may be others here who can edit it the page but no-one else has come forward yet.

Funny thing is the 19 Kids and Counting page isn't semi-protected. I guess it doesn't surprise me though. The Bates (or maybe someone on the BUB team) are a lot more aware of how the public views them.

And as I said I'd be more than happy to do it once I'm allowed. Just figured I'd ask in case someone wants to do it now.

I have never seen canned chicken. EVER! Now...I might buy a cheap whole chicken, toss it in a pot with some carrots, celery, onion, and Sazon and boil the shit out of it....like I've done with turkey carcasses. I RARELY use canned beans, I prefer to buy the dried beans (a buck a pound at the dollar store or less in bulk at WinCo), and make them myself...soak overnight and toss in the crockpot. But then again, I've become a bit of a snob when it comes to food. Except for the crock pot stuff, I don't think I've ever spent more than an hour in the kitchen making a meal...even when I was feeding 7 people. Well...baking bread can take all day...but about 90 minutes of that is letting the bread rise so I can be doing other things while that's going on. 

My mother was not a great cook nor did she teach me how to cook. I taught myself over the years...with the help of the Betty Crocker cookbook...then branched out into just being creative. What is it with these fundies? I feed the two of us nutritious, tasty meals for maybe 20 bucks a week. Smith's always has discounted meats, right now they're having a run on pork...I got two pork roasts for like 6 bucks, a big london broil for 8 bucks and a bag of frozen, boneless chicken thighs for 5 bucks. Beans, some produce and household goods come from the dollar store. 

25 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Give me your secrets.  I can't even feed myself for 20 dollars per week.  

IF I cook everything from scratch, I can feed 4 people for under 200$ a month. Keep in mind, I live in Canada, and groceries are WAY more expensive here. That said, I tend not to have time to make everything from scratch and my expensive food purchases are always pre-made food. 

I wasn't suggesting that you were.  I was offering information since there is a lot of it in the threads over there.  Plus it will be a lot easier for you or anyone else to find the information later if it's in one of those identified threads.  

18 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Give me your secrets.  I can't even feed myself for 20 dollars per week.  

Me too!!! I can't even make myself breakfast for $20 a week... (though food is relatively expensive down under!!)

On 5/9/2016 at 4:08 PM, PennySycamore said:

Or as we would say in the South, "He had the sugar."

Law have mercy!!  How have I forgotten this gem?!

Re: canned chicken - You can buy it flaked in a can like tuna. I imagine that is what she's referring to, not the whole chicken in a can. Still not great, but not as horrible as I imagine the whole one is.

I cannot even imagine voluntarily buying a canned chicken.  Maybe if I was prepping for the end times or something, but I think I'd probably go with freeze dried things instead.  

9 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

I cannot even imagine voluntarily buying a canned chicken.  Maybe if I was prepping for the end times or something, but I think I'd probably go with freeze dried things instead.  

What other disgusting things come in a can? I didn't even know they made canned chicken. 

Pretty much anything in a can is disgusting, IMO.  You can even buy tuna in a pouch nowadays, and so I do.  My daughter loves tuna salad for some reason I cannot comprehend.  

7 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

What other disgusting things come in a can? I didn't even know they made canned chicken. 

Canned ham and all manner of canned meat suspended in gelatinous goo.

19 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

Head cheese! Aka the bits of meat that remain in a gelatinous goo, after you boil the head of an animal for several hours. I'd personally say it's an acquired taste...

I need 3 more edits before I can touch the Bates's page. Anyone know of any page that needs an edit lol?

10 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Caviar and either squid or octopus can be bought in a can from Walmart.

Oddly, Walmart also sells Escargot, shell included, just not in can form.

8 hours ago, Geechee Girl said:

Every summer my mom served us canned ham. I had a phobia for gelatin as a child so would wash the meat before eating it. My mom thought it was hilarious to see me stand there and wash meat. But she let me do it as long as she didn't have to do it for me.

13 hours ago, Skellington said:

Caviar and either squid or octopus can be bought in a can from Walmart.

Oddly, Walmart also sells Escargot, shell included, just not in can form.

True story:  I have bought escargot at Aldi.  

15 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I need 3 more edits before I can touch the Bates's page. Anyone know of any page that needs an edit lol?

Does Gothard himself have a page?

Archived