IGNORED

The Bates before they were so shiny and perfect including grifting

formergothardite

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 3:47 PM, JMO said:

This is my favorite courting pic.  Just the look on her face. 

0400045311.jpg

"...hmmm, how fast do I need to run to get away from this creepy sweaty guy?"

On 5/5/2016 at 3:33 PM, JMO said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20101021192120/http://gilbatesfamily.com/blog/

This one page has a lot going on.  The Duggars dropped off some used ping pong tables and get a tribute from Zak.  The family gets gifted a carpenter from out of town to help finish up the trim in their house (WHA?) after another church raises a collection to pay for his lodging. They get a visit from a politician that they had supported and the kids get his autograph. And we get a full explanation of Judson's name and a discussion of his birth.  

Well, I was way off with my assumption that it's a portmanteau of Judd Nelson:my_blush:

13 hours ago, formergothardite said:

One of the parents should have picked up the vibe that she wasn't really into him before they decided to go with the televised courtship proposal. She looks so uncomfortable in all the pictures around him. And he just leers over her in a creepy way. 

I guess in their world it's preparation for submittin' to her headship and his :output_eeMbjt:

If anyone wanted proof of Gil Batesesesesssses' griftin' for Jesus ways (also known as welfare for irresponsible, college-educated, Christian white people, because they are the only ones who can get praise and houses for having more kids than they can afford. Make Gil and Kelly a brown couple, and see how fast Trump tries to deport them) @formergothardite's treasure trove on the old Bates blog has the proof. I know this has been posted here before, but let's take a moment to reflect on how good it is to be irresponsible white people in America.

Here's the new house post. Look at the donor list. Free supplies, free labor, free dishwashers, free hotels, free food... free free free all because your wife's uterus didn't fall out after a few kids and because you quit your comfortable job in corporate America to study the power of Chalk Talks.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100822021139/http://gilbatesfamily.com/blog/

Special Acknowledgments

posted by Gil

On Mother’s Day, 2009, the Duggar family surprised us with the offer to build an addition to our 1700 sq. ft. house. Jim Bob’s plan was to add a 300 sq. ft. laundry room. Over the next few days those plans were GREATLY enlarged and modified as a HUGE 3-story 2900 sq. ft. addition began to materialize!

We have been blessed by the MANY volunteers and laborers who have offered help, materials, discounts, encouragement, and prayers! As we continue to work on the on-going adventure of building and remodeling, we remind ourselves of 2 very important things:

As much as we LOVE our new MEGA-sized home, we know that the MOST important blessings that we will experience in this house are the people that walk through its doors! A friend recently reminded,”The most important things in life are NOT THINGS!”

We would not be where we are except for the MANY others God has brought across our path .This is true in our family, in our spiritual walk, and in this building project! So, with much gratitude we say, “Thanks” to our fellow laborers, suppliers, and friends!

Special Acknowledgments

DUGGAR FAMILY – the special friends who began this incredible project of labor and love!

RUSTY CORNETT (Clinton, TN.)- Our master designer and chief builder! Rusty does it all – from drawings to framing to trim work and everything in between… He has been the brain and the brawn!

CLARK WILSON FAMILY (Magnolia, MS) – Co-designer and fellow laborers!

JOEL AND BETH PIPER OF KNOX RAIL SALVAGE (Knoxville, TN) – Donated a beautiful $1500 solid oak door and 4 tub/shower combos. Also provided unbeatable prices on interior and exterior doors, flooring, wainscot, trim, and many other building supplies.

MATT TINDELL AND STEVE BACHELOR OF TINDELL’S LUMBER CO. (Lafollette and Knoxville, TN)- Provided engineering advice, trusses, and most other building materials at HUGE discounts and PROMPT timing!

TIM HODGES, TRACY BERRY, AND DAVID WILLIAMS OF LOWE’S (Lafollette, TN.)- Provided numerous discounts on appliances, building materials, metal roofing, and many other supplies. Also donated many faucet fixtures.

JOHNNY PATTERSON AND DEREK HAUN OF PATTERSON EXCAVATING (Lake City, TN.)- Voluntarily performed massive excavation work, dug footers, and provided machinery and labor.

RONNIE SITLER AND JAMIE DAVIS OF CREATIVE RESTORATION AND FLOORING (Kingston, TN) – Donated most of the tile and wood flooring and labor.

POWELL CLINCH UTILITY (Lake City, TN.)- There are too many workers to name individually, but we are grateful for the 2 months that workers labored in and outdoors to bring gas and water lines to our home. All supplies and labor was donated, in addition to 2 instant tankless water heaters!

KERRY AND KATHY BOLTON (Knoxville, TN.)- Donated labor to help with our electrical needs, including problem solving to correct blunders we made along the way!

BILL BUCHANAN OF HILANDER RAILING (Atlanta, GA.)- Donated, delivered, and installed all porch railing!

MICHAEL DEMPSTER OF DEMPSTER’S POURED FOUNDATIONS (Knoxville, TN.)- Donated labor, work crew, machinery, and advice.

ERIC AND JIM RISDEN OF RISDEN CUSTOM CABINETS (Clinton, TN.)- Built and installed gorgeous custom kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities at incredible rates and deadlines.

DAVID STEVENS OF CONTRACT SURPLUS (Knoxville, TN.)- Provided tremendous window discounts- which is why we have so many!

JEFF CONNELL OF CONNELL PLUMBING (Clinton, TN.)- Provided discount plumbing.

MARK REYNOLDS OF CONNELL HVAC (Clinton, TN.)- Provided discount heat and air.

RICK KELLY OF KNOX DRYWALL (Knoxville, TN.)- Provided discount drywall service.

RICK SHUBERT OF UNIQUE STONE SOLUTIONS (Clinton, TN.)- Formed and installed fireplace stone at great discount.

STILL WATERS BAPTIST CHURCH (Knoxville, TN.)- Our sweet home church family donated all paint!

MIKE AND BRENDA LAWSON (Briceville, TN.)- Painted at discount rate.

BRUCE VANCE (Heiskell, TN.)- Donated crushed ice maker.

TREA BYRGE AND FAMILY (Lafollette,TN.)- Donated wood stove.

CHARLIE’S PIZZA (Lafollette, TN) – Donated commercial dishwasher.

RONNIE NELSON OF NELSON CONCRETE (Lake City, TN.)- Provided concrete at discount rate.

USA AGGREGATE (Knoxville, TN.)- Donated much of the gravel used to enlarge driveway and parking area.

EDDIE SOLES (Clinton, TN.)- Finished concrete foundation for house and porch at discount.

EAGLE INSULATION (Maynardville, TN.)- Provided discount spray foam insulation.

LANSING MATERIALS (Knoxville, TN) – Provided discounted siding.

J.P. FRESHOUR (Knoxville, TN.)- Donated extended use of wood flooring tools.

JEFF JOHNSON OF SMOKY MOUNTAIN LOG CRAFTS (Sevierville, TN) – Donated many hand carved black bear and western decorations.

CASEY ANTHONY OF HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS (Clinton, TN.)- Allowed us to move in and overtake their motel for 3 1/2 long weeks- donating 5 days and offering an unbelievable discount for the remaining weeks! Not to mention, they provided extra chocolate milk and yogurt!

Many individuals and families contributed to this project in various ways. Some drove long distances to give of themselves and lend a hand. Some endured hard labor and some prepared meals or brought groceries. All gave the much needed encouragement to pursue this massive endeavor. We are grateful for each of you and pray that we too can be channels to pour out God’s love as you have done for us!

"We are grateful for each of you and pray that we too can be channels to pour out God’s love as you have done for us!
They can start pouring out God's love to me. I could use a house (and all the donated supplies and labor, especially would love the fireplace),  3 1/2 month free motel stay, discounted heat and air, and a crushed-ice maker. I'd love a dishwasher, although since I don't have eleventy billion kids it doesn't have to be commercial. I only need one shower/tub combo and I'm perfectly willing to live without the hand-carved bear and Western decorations. Please come pour out God's love in this direction.

"POWELL CLINCH UTILITY (Lake City, TN.)- There are too many workers to name individually, but we are grateful for the 2 months that workers labored in and outdoors to bring gas and water lines to our home. All supplies and labor was donated, in addition to 2 instant tankless water heaters!"

If this utility company actually allowed its workers to be on the clock, or "encouraged" its workers to "volunteer" off the clock while they installed anything, or at any point allowed its resources to be donated to the Batess, the other people serviced by this company need to file a class action suit. And as utilities are regulated, the ebil government needs to get involved.

Before they were on TV, thanks to their friends the Duggars, they were just like the pre-TV Duggars. Gothard robots who used their twisted religious beliefs to justify their choices, actions and mere existence. 

They are just like any and every other ATI family with skewed morals and even worse beliefs which lead to a really fucked up family. 

They made themselves more digestible to the general public, having learned from many Duggar mistakes. That only means they learned to sell themselves, not that they are actually any better or different.

Wouldn't the Bates family owe income taxes on the value of these gifts, or are they their own church? 

@Julifornia, yes the Bateses would owe income taxes on the value of these gifts, unless they have tax exempt status as a church.  Tax exempt status needs to end for churches in the country.  It just breeds grifters.

@patsymae, I completely agree that the customers of the Powell Clinch power company would be justified in filing a class action suit.  I'd frankly be boiling mad if I were one of their customers.

I believe that if I were the manager of that Holiday Inn Express that I'd change my name.  Good hotel accommodations is not what most people think of when they see that name.  They think of murdered toddlers.

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@JuliforniaI believe that if I were the manager of that Holiday Inn Express that I'd change my name.  Good hotel accommodations is not what most people think of when they see that name.  They think of murdered toddlers.

That's how I knew the name. That's really unfortunate

On a scale of 1-10, I suspect Alyssa's level of hate for waybackarchive exposing her in those outfits is about 15.

At least in her defence, we all know she didn't actually have a say in wearing them. But still! 

On 5/7/2016 at 8:12 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

CASEY ANTHONY OF HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS (Clinton, TN.)

I wonder if she changed her name as not to be associated with her FL namesake. 

Is anyone else bothered that the Bringing up Bates Wikipedia doesn't mention the lawsuit? I mean it is relevant to the show since it's a show about their lives right? Plus it make me happy for there to be evidence for who Gil Bates really is font and center.

11 hours ago, Geechee Girl said:

I wonder if she changed her name as not to be associated with her FL namesake. 

She may be he. Casey is a man's name. too. If so, then it might not be as big a deal!

10 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Is anyone else bothered that the Bringing up Bates Wikipedia doesn't mention the lawsuit? I mean it is relevant to the show since it's a show about their lives right? Plus it make me happy for there to be evidence for who Gil Bates really is font and center.

Are you volunteering to edit the Wikipedia page? :)  It will probably revert back but it will be interesting to see how fast that happens.

At the very least Gil's position in the board of IBLP could be added.  The lawsuit is mentioned on the IBLP page.

Throwing it back a page or so to the canned whole chicken, I knew there was such a thing but I had no idea it existed today! My dad told me about when he was in his teens in the 70's, and he finally got his mom to throw away the 10+ year old canned chicken that had been gathering dust in their home and carted around when they moved etc..... :my_sick: I had never seen one here before in my life, so I assumed they weren't even made any more.... Kind of horrified I was wrong about that! 

I couldn't figure out what all the fuss about canned chicken was. But I didn't realize there is whole canned chicken. I was trying to figure out what was so gross about chunk canned chicken, lol

I've never seen one except in the photo and I hope that's as close as I ever get.

Telling the truth isn't taking them down. Anyone who thinks the Bateses are better hasn't known of their life before the show, just like some Duggar fans. They have pulled some Duggar like stunts like labeling the cake for Bill Gothard at Erin's wedding as a "Groom's cake" when s*** hit the fan.

And I used canned chicken 1) because boneless breasts are expensive to buy all the time 2) It is just the two of us. Don't the Bateses know you can buy Beannie Wienies? It's like baked beans that already has hot dogs. They could buy several cans of those, and save big time. The only recipe I like of theirs is their "Poor Man's Pizza'

I'm pretty sure Rusty Cornett was the guy who stated that he and his wife had purposely didn't have children since they felt it was impossible to have well behaved children in the current world but the Bates had shown him it was possible.  If he only knew how they did that..... I always wondered if he had gone on to have children after that. He had been married like 17 yrs already. 

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I've never seen one except in the photo and I hope that's as close as I ever get.

And you know that evil @OkToBeTakei finds the most horrifying photos she can of Steve. just to torture us.

14 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Are you volunteering to edit the Wikipedia page? :)  It will probably revert back but it will be interesting to see how fast that happens.

At the very least Gil's position in the board of IBLP could be added.  The lawsuit is mentioned on the IBLP page.

I'd do it. Where in the page would it go?

6 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I'd do it. Where in the page would it go?

Thanks so much.  I'd try to do it but I've never edited Wikipedia or registered there and I'm intimidated by it. :lol:

Perhaps use the Duggar page as a template and put it just above the contents box?

This is what the wikipedia article on the Duggars says and it would be easy just to change a few words and make it just as relevant to the Bateses.

The reality show focused on the life of the Duggar family who are devout Independent Baptists,[1] and frequently discusses values of purity, modesty, and faith in God. The Duggars avoid birth control saying they have decided to allow God to determine the number of children they have. All of the children are homeschooled, and access to entertainment such as movies and television is limited. They practice chaperoned courtship, in which a couple acquaints itself only in a group setting.[2] The values presented on the show have been associated with the Quiverfull movement, which has been described as promoting strict family conformity, male hierarchies, and subservient roles for women.[3][4][5] The Duggars have stated they are not associated with the Quiverfull movement.[6]

Add in "Gil Bates pastors Bible Baptist Church (link to the Bates blog mentioning it)" and something like: "the Bates family has close ties to the Institute in Basic Life Principles (internal wikipedia link) where Gil Bates is on the Board of Directors (add link to the IBLP page here http://iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate-information/board-directors)."

That should cover it!

On 5/3/2016 at 10:19 AM, 19 cats and counting said:

Call me an snobby northeastern liberal, but the only meat in a can I would go near is marketed towards feeding your feline headship, not yourself.  I'd sooner go vegetarian than eat meat out of a can.

I'd pay good money to see a fundie blog share a recipe that uses Fancy Feast.

Call me a snobby small city descendant of farmers who lived farm to table, but meat does not belong in a can. Nor does soup. In fact, food in general should not come out of a tin can. Tomato sauce and paste are the only exceptions.

My feline headship is partial to fancy feast. 

@devoe364, my feline headships both ate Fancy Feast.  Some varieties are great for diabetic cats because they are low in carbohydrates.  Yep, Snorpi was a sugar cat!  Or as we would say in the South, "He had the sugar."

Archived