IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship

19 cats and counting

I've seen her somewhere else though! Maybe with the Duggars? That's why I asked if anyone knew anything about her, other than the info provided on that blog.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe she's a friend of the Keilen family? They are from Michigan.

On 5/17/2016 at 3:41 PM, QuiverDance said:

I am jealous @Catholic and NOT 'ebil'  I grew up in Louisiana in a coastal parish, but it was marshy, not beachy, coast.  We'd often go to Grande Isle, but iot was not nearly as pretty as Orange Beach/Gulf Shores or the Fla. Panhandle beaches, which I love.  

OT, but I've wanted to go to Grand Isle ever since I read Kate Chopin's "The Awakening." Love it. I live in Alabama so it's not too far. Maybe a summer trip. :pb_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Mrs. Figg said:

This IGer is claiming this is Tori and Bobby. It looks an awful lot like Brandon and Michael.

image.png

it looks like Brandon and... Tori to me. LOL that'd be a plot twist. 

2 hours ago, Mrs. Figg said:

This IGer is claiming this is Tori and Bobby. It looks an awful lot like Brandon and Michael.

image.png

It is REALLY HARD to differentiate between fundies when so many of them have the same basic hairdo: side parts sprayed or gelled into a helmet for men, and loooooonnnnnng for women. 

On May 21, 2016 at 3:20 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

9 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

It is REALLY HARD to differentiate between fundies when so many of them have the same basic hairdo: side parts sprayed or gelled into a helmet for men, and loooooonnnnnng for women. 

they are all wearing coats so it looks like cold weather. And it hasn't been cold in TN for awhile. So this pic can't be recent.

It does look like Tori and Bobby to me.  I think there was a picture of them sitting together at a viewing of a BUB episode in the beginning of last season so my guess is that they've been together since late last year.  This looks like they may have been fillming a courtship proposal, chaperones visible. I remember we were speculating about why she wasn't at the Duggars for New Year's along with the rest of her siblings.  She may have been with Bobby and his family.

That skirt is definitely too short for Michael (though I agree, the resemblance is striking), so it probably is Tori and Bobby!

It's probably a picture taken when Bobby asked Tori to court. My question is where is Bobby's family on the IBLP totem pole? All of the married/courting Bates are paired with IBLP royalty or close (except Zach and Whitney).

The guy looks a lot like Brandon because of his hair but the girl has to be Tori because that is totally her style of clothing. Michael doesn't wear that sort of thing. The skirt is too short for it to be Michael too.

11 hours ago, sunshine said:

It could be for the I Love You Day. A synopsis says that Bobby shows up, so...

Can you please post the link for the episode synopsis. I only saw one for the boys birthday party and the premiere episode.

I also think the courtship started not too long ago. I remember before it was confirmed Alyssa and John were courting, on the episode of 19 kids when Erin was getting married you could see in the background, when she was showing her dress to the cameras, you could see clearly see in the background "John" spelled out on the wall. When the girls re did their room also when Michael was taking her stuff down there was nothing of the sort.

Side note: I think it's really strange how courting fundie girls decorate their rooms with stuff from the guys like a shrine. They get creepy pillows like Josh and Anna, or mugs like Jill. If I was sharing a room with 10 other people I'd get annoyed. But maybe because I'm not the cheesy type. 

On May 20, 2016 at 2:57 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

But come on. These people calling their BFs "friends" are just stupid. They tell each other they love one another before they even officially court. They are not just friends.

Haven't read past here (I'm just catching up). I'm a lifelong southerner whose family is pure Appalachian and they call every non-married partner someone's "friend." I'm engaged and they refer to my fiancé as my "friend."  They also use the term "friend" for gay partners (and now spouses, I suppose). 

I realize the friend stage seems a more official step in Bates courtship world but in my experience it's quite common to use "friend" as a descriptor for a very official couple. 

3 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Can you please post the link for the episode synopsis. I only saw one for the boys birthday party and the premiere episode.

I also think the courtship started not too long ago. I remember before it was confirmed Alyssa and John were courting, on the episode of 19 kids when Erin was getting married you could see in the background, when she was showing her dress to the cameras, you could see clearly see in the background "John" spelled out on the wall. When the girls re did their room also when Michael was taking her stuff down there was nothing of the sort.

Side note: I think it's really strange how courting fundie girls decorate their rooms with stuff from the guys like a shrine. They get creepy pillows like Josh and Anna, or mugs like Jill. If I was sharing a room with 10 other people I'd get annoyed. But maybe because I'm not the cheesy type. 

It's all a little Helga Pataki from Hey Arnold!

Though then again I sent my sister a drunken play-by-play of my last Tinder date, so who am I to judge?

I bet that picture was from I Love You day. She's wearing red, the trees in the background are bare, the guys are wearing jackets/coats and he's giving her red roses. It also lines up with the airing of episodes. The bates are often 4-5 months behind when airing episodes. So I bet it is Tori and Bobby on ILY day.

And I haven't read about any ties Bobby may have to the cult, but he does go to PCC and has a bunch of fundie friends. So he's probably fundie. Just not Gothard fundie.

So the screen shot posted earlier was of Tori and Bobby. I was watching UP and the preview of the new season said "new beaus" and showed Tori and Bobby hugging outside in the cold with the red roses. So it's confirmed. It's not Michael and Brandon. It's definitely Tori and Bobby.

I don't know. Smith is a very common surname. I'm still betting his family has IBLP ties or is some sort of prominent fundie (in their circle anyway).

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So the screen shot posted earlier was of Tori and Bobby. I was watching UP and the preview of the new season said "new beaus" and showed Tori and Bobby hugging outside in the cold with the red roses. So it's confirmed. It's not Michael and Brandon. It's definitely Tori and Bobby.

Do you have a link for the peview showing Tori and Bobby?

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I don't know. Smith is a very common surname. I'm still betting his family has IBLP ties or is some sort of prominent fundie (in their circle anyway).

No I just saw them on the UP channel when I was watching an old episode of Gilmore Girls. But from what I saw, it was definitely Tori and Bobby. And it looked cold out so I bet it was ILY day since Bobby lives in FL and would probably drive all the way up there for that.

ETA: sorry I responded to the wrong post.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived