IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship

19 cats and counting

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Idk. These people pick and choose. They have kids out of wedlock, drink, etc but then use their religious beliefs to back up their ignorance and hatred. It's crappy.

Almost all fundamentalist pick and choose what they want to follow based on what is most convenient for them. Fundamentalist use their beliefs to deny rights to others and to spread hate, ignorance and to encourage discrimination.

40 minutes ago, HowsMolly said:

. A "fundie" as used on this site is a religious (usually Christian) fundamentalist. There are plenty of bigots who are not especially religious.

We have had a lot of discussions here about how even non-religious people can be fundamentalists in their beliefs. While we typically discuss religious fundamentalists, we have discussed non-religious ones. One of our banned members who was not religious at all was also a fundie in many of her beliefs and she was willing to deny rights to and marginalize groups of people based on her beliefs. So she was just as fundie as the Christian fundies she mocked and just as dangerous.

When I look at who is and isn't a fundamentalist, I don't look at who is drinking or wearing shorts, I look at their beliefs and if they are going to use those beliefs to hurt or marginalize others. A person who drinks, has sex outside of marriage but uses their beliefs to try and deny groups of people rights isn't any better than a skirt wearing Christian who  uses their beliefs to try to deny groups of people rights.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

If someone is willing to use their religion to deny others rights, what makes them not fundamentalist? It seems to me that part of being a fundamentalist is thinking everyone should have to follow your beliefs and that the beliefs and rights of others are not important. 

One can make an argument that fundamentalists exist in every religion.  

For example, the FLDS (F stands for fundamentalist) are considered fundies by this site and the outside world.  However, they're a very insular community.  You're not going to see a FLDS person giving a server a tract disguised as a $10 bill.  You don't see them lobbying to change marriage laws to recognize polygamy.  As evil as Warren Jeffs is, his actions did not reach beyond his cult (as far as I know).   And I haven't seen any FLDS politicians (granted I am on the east coast-- nowhere near the FLDS community) and to my knowledge, they have little to no political influence.

Other fundies (FLDS, Ultra Orthodox Jews) don't try and convert people the way that many fundamentalist Christians do (if at all).  

Ultra Orthodox Jews only interact with the outside world for business transactions (and from my retail experience, the men are downright rude to women in these positions), but they do have political influence (mostly at the local level) and will mobilize for/against issues that they care about (in my state's marriage equality fight, they were the most vocal opponents).  

A Fundamentalist Athiest is just as bad if not worse than Fundamentalist Christian. They both glory in being "right" at all costs.  One uses religion to abuse and belittle and hurt others,  one uses science Same thing in  the end.  

Yeah.  Make zero mistake, athiests can be narcissistic misogynist pigs, too.  I was married to one for 13 years.  The woman he immediately replaced me with and IMMEDIATELY impregnated after we split up is now in the same position I was when I was married to him.  In the same house.  To some men, women are fungible goods, and religion makes zero difference.

Joseph Duggar is starting to look a heck of a lot like Josh Duggar. At a first glance I thought it was Josh. 

Good pictures. When I saw Gil's green shirt I wondered if he'd raided Michelle's closet. She called Bobby Tori' s friend but the other girl said they were courting? Same thing maybe?

1 hour ago, Nashville92 said:

Good pictures. When I saw Gil's green shirt I wondered if he'd raided Michelle's closet. She called Bobby Tori' s friend but the other girl said they were courting? Same thing maybe?

I think they didn't want to offend Tori by calling him her BF before she has announced it herself. 

But come on. These people calling their BFs "friends" are just stupid. They tell each other they love one another before they even officially court. They are not just friends.

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Hahaha check out her hand placement on Lawson as opposed to Joe.

But also look where hs hand is!

That girl is cute. Anyone  know who she is?

It said her name is Taylor and she's from Michigan. I haven't seen anything else. It also said she traveled about 8 hours. I lovr her outfitn. It'd be something I wear

3 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

But also look where Joe's hand is!

That girl is cute. Anyone know who she is?

I like how everyone in that photo appears to be ass-grabbing.

3 hours ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

That girl and her mum have the exact same face.

Which girl and mom do you mean? There are quite a few possibilities... but if you mean the girl Taylor who shared the photos and her mom, yes, I do see lots of similarities. 

1 minute ago, Kitcae said:

Which girl and mom do you mean? There are quite a few possibilities... but if you mean the girl Taylor who shared the photos and her mom, yes, I do see lots of similarities. 

That's the one I meant, sorry that wasn't clear! The Bates fan who sent in the pictures and her mother, in the photo with Kelly Bates.

8 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

But also look where Joe's hand is!

That girl is cute. Anyone know who she is?

I went back and looked at that photo, the hand placement is so funny!! I'm quite surprised with how relaxed the guys are when posing with girls they've never met before.

3 minutes ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

That's the one I meant, sorry that wasn't clear! The Bates fan who sent in the pictures and her mother, in the photo with Kelly Bates.

Okay! The mother sure does look like just an older version of her daughter!

Gil looks kind of thinner in that photo, not just in the midsection but around the neck/face, although it could just be the angle.

Bobby is SO much taller than Tori. This is not a snark in any way, but all of these photos I've seen he kind of looks like he's been photoshopped or green-screened in, I suspect it's just a combination of his colouring and the angle at which the photos are taken because they're all clearly looking up (look wayyyy up...) to get him in the frame with tiny Tori.

The seemingly ass-grabbing nature in the Lawson-Taylor-Joseph picture is pretty damn hilarious. Joe, what would your mother think?!

Erin hardly looks pregnant in the picture of her. I thought she was much further along than she appears to be.

20 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Erin hardly looks pregnant in the picture of her. I thought she was much further along than she appears to be.

They announce so early, it seems like they are pregnant forever. 

40 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

The seemingly ass-grabbing nature in the Lawson-Taylor-Joseph picture is pretty damn hilarious. Joe, what would your mother think?!

She should be about 6 months along but I don't remember her being really big last time so I bet she just doesn't pop like Whitney. Remember how small Alyssa was? Maybe the Bates girls just carry a bit small. I was gigantic by the end. I waddled and grunted everywhere.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She should be about 6 months along but I don't remember her being really big last time so I bet she just doesn't pop like Whitney. Remember how small Alyssa was? Maybe the Bates girls just carry a bit small. I was gigantic by the end. I waddled and grunted everywhere.

Yes, Erin was also on the smaller side during her pregnancy with Carson. It wasn't until near the end that she did get a little bigger, but even then, she was not that big.

(P.S. I love your username, I laugh every time I see it!)

On 5/20/2016 at 6:42 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm kind of rolling my eyes at her calling Bobby Tori's "friend."

yeah, he's just a friend....

Yoooooouuuuuuuu, you got what I neeeeeeeeeeed, but you say he's just a friend, but you say he's just a friend, oh baby, yooooouuuuuuu....

On 5/21/2016 at 11:58 PM, Kitcae said:

I went back and looked at that photo, the hand placement is so funny!! I'm quite surprised with how relaxed the guys are when posing with girls they've never met before.

Okay! The mother sure does look like just an older version of her daughter!

Could she be a Crown College student and they know each other from there?

47 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Could she be a Crown College student and they know each other from there?

I think it said in the other Bates thread that on the original blog she said she'd travelled 8 hours to meet them, or something. So I think she's just a mega leghumper. They might have met before, though. 

2 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

I think it said in the other Bates thread that on the original blog she said she'd travelled 8 hours to meet them, or something. So I think she's just a mega leghumper. They might have met before, though. 

The fans are from Michigan. If you read what Taylor (the fan) wrote along with the photos, it really sounds like they've never met before. She said she was nervous to talk to the Bates.   http://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2016/05/another-fan-shares-grad-party-pics.html

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived