IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship

19 cats and counting

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's funny that you assume I don't know much about this family just because I like that Alyssa doesn't keep sweet or I notice her body language in the show. I've always seen the bates family the same as the Duggars. They are both big nasty turds, one just happens to be in a cute gift wrapped box. But I can also talk about things that might be good or promising while still knowing they have a shitty core of disgusting beliefs. 

That was a reference to your contention that no one was squeeing over the Bates, not your knowledge of the Bates.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

That was a reference to your contention that no one was squeeing over the Bates, not your knowledge of the Bates.

I'm just talking of this thread and the few recent ones. I admit I can't say anything about the old ones as I haven't read them. 

Personally I like talking about a variety of mundane fundie behaviors. Some may seem promising and I would like to feel free to talk about them without people getting upset.

Im very happy to debate! I just don't enjoy hyperbole or any perceived hostility. It really gets in the way of a great debate. I enjoy a lively fundie debate though.

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm just talking of this thread and the few recent ones. I admit I can't say anything about the old ones as I haven't read them. 

Personally I like talking about a variety of mundane fundie behaviors. Some may seem promising and I would like to feel free to talk about them without people getting upset.

Im very happy to debate! I just don't enjoy hyperbole or any perceived hostility. It really gets in the way of a great debate. I enjoy a lively fundie debate though.

Do yourself a favor, if you have not, and check out the Shupes and Candy. Archived threads are pretty damn funny and talk about.... behavior.  They are a good place to start. And have you met Jill Rodrigues?

Spoiler alert- Candy wears a headcovering because she doesn't want demons to come down (up?) and have sex with her. Because... I got nothing.

Why is it every time I wander I'm here I feel like I've been transported into the pages of Tiger Beat of fundy teen idols?

I used to anxiously await new hair care tips from Tracy Austin, I still remember Dana Plato's confessional about how just a touch of mascara and some sheer gloss gives you a natural look.

Somewhere someone is trying to take the poster of Lawson out without ripping from the staples.  Shopping Cherin isn't new - someone got paid to write Joannie Loves Chachi FFS.

Ooooh what does John Webster do on a date?! His favorite flavor of pop-tart?  I had to know all of that about Jimmy Baio too, once upon a time, but I didn't discuss it on a forum where the purpose was exposing the evils of said Baio...or mass produced breakfast pastry.

The big sign says it's not s Bates Fan site but I look around and think either some people are confused or I got really lost...so I should wander back out before someone slaps an I Heart Gil puffy sticker on my Chandler.

and I now I have to google Lip Potions bubble gum gloss to see if they still make it...or a trip to Target for some Bonne Belle.

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Why is it every time I wander I'm here I feel like I've been transported into the pages of Tiger Beat of fundy teen idols?

I used to anxiously await new hair care tips from Tracy Austin, I still remember Dana Plato's confessional about how just a touch of mascara and some sheer gloss gives you a natural look.

Somewhere someone is trying to take the poster of Lawson out without ripping from the staples.  Shopping Cherin isn't new - someone got paid to write Joannie Loves Chachi FFS.

Ooooh what does John Webster do on a date?! His favorite flavor of pop-tart?  I had to know all of that about Jimmy Baio too, once upon a time, but I didn't discuss it on a forum where the purpose was exposing the evils of said Baio...or mass produced breakfast pastry.

The big sign says it's not s Bates Fan site but I look around and think either some people are confused or I got really lost...so I should wander back out before someone slaps an I Heart Gil puffy sticker on my Chandler.

and I now I have to google Lip Potions bubble gum gloss to see if they still make it...or a trip to Target for some Bonne Belle.

Dr. Pepper flavored! Didn't Jimmy Baio wear a conch shell necklace?

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

Do yourself a favor, if you have not, and check out the Shupes and Candy. Archived threads are pretty damn funny and talk about.... behavior.  They are a good place to start. And have you met Jill Rodrigues?

Spoiler alert- Candy wears a headcovering because she doesn't want demons to come down (up?) and have sex with her. Because...

The fundies I have followed over the years are of course the Duggar and bates families. I used to read Zsuzsu's when she had like 5 kids only and I was introduced to Jill a couple years ago when she blogged about that ridiculous baby cage in the RV. I've inly seen little bits of other fundie families. After a little FB research I've come to fully believe Bobby is just as fundie as the rest even though I haven't found ATI/IBLP ties. So Tori will soon be the perfect Fundie wife pregnant by her 3 month wedding anniversary. 

28 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Perhaps it's time to take a step back and let things settle.

I'm bringing the wine.  :margarita: Or is martinis?

Ooooh martini...make mine French please.

Amd keep em coming.

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Ooooh martini...make mine French please.

Amd keep em coming.

I'll take a glass of pinot, a loaf of french bread, and some brie please.

12 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Dr. Pepper flavored! Didn't Jimmy Baio wear a conch shell necklace?

I believe he was a fan of many types of neckwear....scroll to the pic in the comments.

Seriously, be a little impressed that I wrote a blog post 2 months ago just so I'd be ready to go with Jimmy Baio pics should the need arise in a thread.  The preparation I do for FJ...I'm really very saint-like.

btw the last thing I need is another rabbit hole right now, but how am I supposed to resist head coverings to protect from demon sex?  thats an almost poetic level of crazy.

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Oh god, that sounds so good.... I'll join you!!

On 5/31/2016 at 11:16 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think laying claims to names is silly. You can't claim a name. I don't think it's a big deal at all if cousins share a name. I have a ton of cousins. Some have similar names and many have the same middle name. It's not that serious.

I think this depends on the situation a little bit.   If one of the kids is a lot older, I wouldn't take issue with it.  When my son was born we named him after his dad (his first name is dad's middle name) and my grandpa (his middle is my gpa's first).  THREE MONTHS later when my son's aunt (his dad's sister) had a baby, she named him the same first name, which she knew was her brother's middle name and nephew's first name.

I was a tad bit miffed because it's not like she didn't know well before and could have picked something different.  We only had 1 boy name (and no girl ones so thank FSM we had a boy lol), so our name was set for some time.

If it had been someone further down like a cousin using the name or something it wouldn't have bothered me.

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I believe he was a fan of many types of neckwear....scroll to the pic in the comments.

Seriously, be a little impressed that I wrote a blog post 2 months ago just so I'd be ready to go with Jimmy Baio pics should the need arise in a thread.  The preparation I do for FJ...I'm really very saint-like.

btw the last thing I need is another rabbit hole right now, but how am I supposed to resist head coverings to protect from demon sex?  thats an almost poetic level of crazy.

EVEN SASQUATCHES THROW ROCKS AT CANDY!

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/276-candy-brauer-joyful-christian-homemaking/

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm falling down that rabbit hole right now. Would you care for a link?

Ladies and gents, if I'm not back in 24h send help and wine!

1 minute ago, Curious said:

I think this depends on the situation a little bit.   If one of the kids is a lot older, I wouldn't take issue with it.  When my son was born we named him after his dad (his first name is dad's middle name) and my grandpa (his middle is my gpa's first).  THREE MONTHS later when my son's aunt (his dad's sister) had a baby, she named him the same first name, which she knew was her brother's middle name and nephew's first name.

I was a tad bit miffed because it's not like she didn't know well before and could have picked something different.  We only had 1 boy name (and no girl ones so thank FSM we had a boy lol), so our name was set for some time.

If it had been someone further down like a cousin using the name or something it wouldn't have bothered me.

It is odd when people use the same name only a few months apart because our current culture in the US is all about "unique names." So yes I might side eye that but I also know that in the long run, it's not a huge deal. When I was pregnant I actually encouraged some other pregnant friends to use the name I was going with because I thought it might be cute to have kids with the same awesome name. I didn't get any takers though! I get it. America likes uniqueness. That's ok. 

6 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Well im never going to bed now....

8 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I was really expecting you to request som beignets, but you go with cheese?  Not just cheese but gooey cheese thst smells like feet?

I'll be over at the desert table covered in powdered sugar if anyone needs me?

6 minutes ago, Curious said:

THREE MONTHS later when my son's aunt (his dad's sister) had a baby, she named him the same first name, which she knew was her brother's middle name and nephew's first name.

Three months is really pushing it.  Using a sibling's name always strikes me as weird.

On 5/31/2016 at 2:20 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm just an extreme never nude.

My chihuahua is not happy with you.  I laughed so hard when I read this that I woke her from her 4893745489354th nap today ;)

26 minutes ago, Curious said:

Yeah it really depends on the relationship for me.  I loved my nieces name, but wouldn't have used it because my brother did first.

but I have a cousin like 20 years older than me whom I've seen maybe 4 times in my life...we both have sons named after Grandpa and daughters named after Grandma (variations of same name.)

kids are 25 years apart and never met so no one is scarred.  I do like to think of our grandparents being super wealthy in heaven...crazy money and when we all get there Monte Hall is telling us that behind door #1 is cash and prizes and freshly baked pflaumenkuchen for the good grandchildren who honored them with their children's names....and saltine crackers and a pile of old Reader's Digests for the others.

because heaven is totally a game show and im not going if there aren't cash, presents, and cake.

ETA for those still with baby naming in your future...Buffy works for a boy or a girl and is appropriate with any culture...and sounds great with all last names.  Very versatile.

37 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Buffy works for a boy or a girl and is appropriate with any culture...and sounds great with all last names.  Very versatile.

I am very sorry but I have to disappoint you. Buffy is pronounced like "baffi" in Italian. Here are some clues of the meaning...

Spoiler

images (6).jpgimages (1).jpgimages.jpg

...but maybe you will like those more...

Spoiler

images (5).jpgimages (3).jpgimages (2).jpgimages (4).jpg

*runs for cover

19 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I am very sorry but I have to disappoint you. Buffy is pronounced like "baffi" in Italian. Here are some clues of the meaning...

Reveal hidden contents

...but maybe you will like those more...

Reveal hidden contents

*runs for cover

That was hilarious!  Although now I'm hearing it in Fabio Viviani's accent and not hating it...

tossing the cat in there ...my hat is off to you!

okay - I was in bed trying to sleep...too much anxiety about...stuff....pick up iPad and this is the first thing I see.  made me laugh so maybe I can relax and sleep.  Thanks :) 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

See it's this kind of talk that drives people away. You are being extreme. I don't see anyone "fan girling" or "worshipping" anyone. Your language is over the top and it's off putting. 

Off putting like this?

Oh, I think I understand it perfectly. It's that nobody on here is allowed to have an opinion that differs from the standard "if someone is born to a fundie/seen with a fundie/ or even looks at a fundie, they're guilty by association, even if they never voice their opinion for or against the environment in which they were raised."

This post was quite over the top.  No one here is being silenced.  Everyone in this thread is stating their opinion with no interference.   Stating your opinion doesn't mean you are free from criticism or disagreement.

This post was quite over the top.  No one here is being silenced.  Everyone in this thread is stating their opinion with no interference.   Stating your opinion doesn't mean you are free from criticism or disagreement.

Silenced? No. Hand slapped within minutes? Yes.

That can be enough to silence anyone.

I don't come here to fan girl. I am well aware of what goes on with these families, that is why I am here and not on a fan site. To tell me I am not aware, simply because I don't see everything as black and white is pretty demeaning to my intelligence.

There are multiple users that have contacted me and said they agree with my posts but are too afraid of posting because of how quickly and intensely any posts are jumped on, which is unfair really. If people want the discussions to continue, sooner or later new points of view must come in to play. That is how our minds and conversation evolve. My mind is always open to new possibilities because I know that everything is not black and white.

Fair enough people feel it their duty to educate FJ members on the harmful behaviours of these cults, but the way in which certain members go about this is very hostile and does the opposite of what a forum should do - oppress conversation - that's not cool. And it's kind of ironic that similar rigid behaviours on here are exhibited by the fundies we all dislike.

I don't wish to encourage any more of that hostile behaviour, so if anyone would like to discuss this matter with me further, please do so via PM.

Expressing opinions isn't problematic, it's when opinion is presented as fact that issues arise.  Opinion based on the incorrect interpretation of superficial changes that then gets reported here time after time soon morphs into an incorrect "truth".

Not so long ago the Bates threads were all about cute babies, cute dresses etc. I, for one, am happy that @formergothardite @Palimpsest @nelliebelle1197 etc have worked so hard to effect change here.

7 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Perhaps it's time to take a step back and let things settle.

I'm bringing the wine.  :margarita: Or is martinis?

If I'd read this properly last night I'd have asked for a brandy.  And I don't drink spirits.

This morning I'll settle for a nice cup of tea if you are still buying.

And chocolate.  Always chocolate.:)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived