IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship

19 cats and counting

10 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Can you please post the link for the episode synopsis. I only saw one for the boys birthday party and the premiere episode.

I also think the courtship started not too long ago. I remember before it was confirmed Alyssa and John were courting, on the episode of 19 kids when Erin was getting married you could see in the background, when she was showing her dress to the cameras, you could see clearly see in the background "John" spelled out on the wall. When the girls re did their room also when Michael was taking her stuff down there was nothing of the sort.

Side note: I think it's really strange how courting fundie girls decorate their rooms with stuff from the guys like a shrine. They get creepy pillows like Josh and Anna, or mugs like Jill. If I was sharing a room with 10 other people I'd get annoyed. But maybe because I'm not the cheesy type. 

Here:

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/on-the-next-new-episode-of-bringing-up-bates/

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The batesfam_19kids has the video posted on their instagram account. They said new beaus and she commented she saw Bobby. It definitely looks like I Love You Day. Wonder if it's their official courtship day

This is totally random but was Tori the one who insisted in an episode that none of the engaged couples could use green as a wedding color because she wanted it? I wonder if she'll stick to that.

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

This is totally random but was Tori the one who insisted in an episode that none of the engaged couples could use green as a wedding color because she wanted it? I wonder if she'll stick to that.

That just shows how young and immature she is. Come on. You can't claim a wedding color when you have a zillion siblings that are marrying age.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That just shows how young and immature she is. Come on. You can't claim a wedding color when you have a zillion siblings that are marrying age.

At least specify a shade or something. Like if you wanna say "please don't use this particular mint green" okay fine. But all of green? Really?

19kidsandlovingit posted some pics of Bobby, not sure if they all came from a public instagram so Iwont post. But Bobby looks like a normal college kid to me. Sleeveless shirts, playing sports, even a shirtless picture.

25 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

19kidsandlovingit posted some pics of Bobby, not sure if they all came from a public instagram so Iwont post. But Bobby looks like a normal college kid to me. Sleeveless shirts, playing sports, even a shirtless picture.

I've looked at his FB and he has a lot of friends that look fundie and he goes to PCC so I'm guessing fundie. Just maybe not Gothard fundie.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All of my cousins ages 15+ called dibs on baby names one Christmas and stuck to it since we had a zillion people in the baby-making ages.. Except I'm the youngest, so my ideas of good names back then are not names I would choose now. But I don't totally see the harm in it compared to the internal anger/hurt when your sibling or cousin chooses that one baby name you've coveted since you were a little girl. 

Wedding colors are a little sillier and less of a big deal, IMO. 

I called dibs on a baby boy's nameat work. I say it mostly as a joke since most of my coworkers are through having kids. One of my friends is having a baby in the winter and we have a name we both want to use but if she did before I had kids I'd be cool with it

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Didn't one of the Keller sisters  lay claim to Anna's bridesmaids dress pattern and Anna had to talk her into using it?

36 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Did Bobby attend Hillsdale Academy before PCC?

It looks like his mom might work at New Testament Christian School. So maybe he went there?

52 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Did Bobby attend Hillsdale Academy before PCC?

Ok I just looked at the Hillsdale Baptist Church FB page and Bobby and his younger sister are pictured and said to be on the bible quiz team. So that probably means they went to the school affiliated with the church.

55 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Didn't one of the Keller sisters  lay claim to Anna's bridesmaids dress pattern and Anna had to talk her into using it?

I think Anna maybe have used the same BM dress pattern as Rebekah maybe? I can't remember now. I know they talked about it on the J and A wedding episode but I haven't seen that one in a LONG time. I can't rematch that awkward fundie Trainwreck. 

Also have you guys looked at the Hillsdale Church FB page? It's so full of closed mindedness and bigotry. It's gross. So if Bobby goes to that church then we can bet he believes all that disgusting stuff and is fundie.

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok I just looked at the Hillsdale Baptist Church FB page and Bobby and his younger sister are pictured and said to be on the bible quiz team. So that probably means they went to the school affiliated with the church.

Thanks for finding that. If I am looking at the right face book  page, I'm not encouraged by what I see.

2 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

It was Susanna.

2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Thanks for finding that. If I am looking at the right face book  page, I'm not encouraged by what I see.

Yeah that church FB page is really bad. It's not looking good for Tori. 

Don't let clothing choices fool you. The vast majority of fundies dress more mainstream than these people. Trust me, I have them in my family and community.

10 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I'm not sure, but i think susanna bought a dress that she loved and convinced anna to dress her bridesmaids like that. Maybe i'm remembering it wrong

5 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I'm guessing Fundie lite for Bobby, especially if there's a shirtless picture of him.

I doubt it. Kelly posted pictures of her sons in wet shirts that were see through and left little to the imagination and I'd hardly say Kelly Bates is fundie-lite. Bobbies seems to share the same awful beliefs as the Bates. Does anyone really think Gil would let one of his daughters marry someone whose core beliefs didn't line up with the Bates'? 

13 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

I called dibs on a baby boy's nameat work. I say it mostly as a joke since most of my coworkers are through having kids. One of my friends is having a baby in the winter and we have a name we both want to use but if she did before I had kids I'd be cool with it

I have a few friends that already have kids and with the exception of one I love all their names. Unfortunately they picked a few names that I really like.. now I'm looking for new names which is kind of ridiculous since I'm single AF.

Of course all of their fundamental beliefs line up. But do you not understand the difference between fundie and fundie lite? Some people here seem to refer to the two as different things but when push comes to shove aren't ever willing to admit that maybe some people are more relaxed about certain things.

Some people here are all too willing to use the same brush to paint them all!

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

Of course all of their fundamental beliefs line up. But do you not understand the difference between fundie and fundie lite? Some people here seem to refer to the two as different things but when push comes to shove aren't ever willing to admit that maybe some people are more relaxed about certain things.

Some people here are all too willing to use the same brush to paint them all!

So they believe the same awful fundamental Christian things, yet I'm supposed to believe that they are different and less fundamental in their beliefs because they wear different clothes? So what, they have more relaxed views on clothes? Please explain how that is a huge difference when the same horrible core fundamental beliefs? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived