IGNORED

Lori Alexander- the Mindless Mentor: Part 8

Lori Alexander, queen of the overshare:

Recently, my mom was sharing with me that when she was taking a shower Alyssa's dog, who my mom watches often, was standing by the shower wagging his tail and all excited. My dad replied, "I'm the same way when I watch your mom take a shower!" 

I would be absolutely mortified if my husband said that in front of anyone.  Having it posted to the internet doesn't even bear thinking.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori Alexander, queen of the overshare:

I would be absolutely mortified if my husband said that in front of anyone.  Having it posted to the internet doesn't even bear thinking.

Agreed. What is modest about that comment? It was inappropriate for the dad to say (if he really said it) and grossly inappropriate for Lori to share with the world.

You can wear all the skirts you want, but if you are repeating jokes about the sex life of your 85-year old parents, you are not a modest person.

And then just the whole narcissistic "I'm the reason my parents are now still together and happily married because *I* showed them how a wife is supposed to be submissive to her husband."

Jeez...get over yourself, Lori.

I can't help but wonder what her family thinks of her blog.  I've never seen her mom, her sisters, or her children comment, even when she addressed them specifically.  

I know 2 of the aunts have taken her to task (bless them).  

3 hours ago, Koala said:

I can't help but wonder what her family thinks of her blog.  I've never seen her mom, her sisters, or her children comment, even when she addressed them specifically.  

I think they probably don't care for it and are probably mortified by some of the things that Lori has written. She admitted that her son Ryan and daughter in-law Erin requested that she not post pictures of her grandson. My theory on that is they were mad about her posting about Ryan force feeding a crying Emma when she was 1 or 2. That incident was discussed here on FJ and many said it was dangerous since there was the risk of Emma choking. When Erin was pregnant with the grandson Kenny, Lori only posted about it once and she posted sometime after he was born with a picture of him with Emma. I think Lori's kids and their spouses agree with some of her conservative or religious beliefs, but they don't know want certain info out there and they avoid commenting on her blog.

Lori has admitted to being the bossy older sister and her sisters may get along ok with her, but might still be bugged with her as an adult. She has also trashed her parents a few times and if they know, I can see them being hurt especially since they still dote on her as an adult.

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Well, obviously her kids (at least some of them) and her kids' spouses (at least some of them) don't subscribe to some of her policies, since we know her own daughter wears pretty skimpy clothing sometimes, and her daughter-in-law wears a bikini. :pb_surprised:

I wonder if they have had conversations about that kind of thing. Because I'm sure Lori just can't keep her mouth shut and probably lectures them about being stumbling blocks for other men out there who might get boners if they flash a collarbone or a bit of cleavage or cheekage.

13 hours ago, Koala said:

Recently, my mom was sharing with me that when she was taking a shower Alyssa's dog, who my mom watches often, was standing by the shower wagging his tail and all excited. My dad replied, "I'm the same way when I watch your mom take a shower!" 

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

I could totally hear my husband saying that. I canNOT imagine sharing him saying something like that on a Godly Mentor (tm) blog, though. I wonder how Lori's mom feels about that story going out to the masses? (Then again, I'm not sure I'd be telling that story to my kids, anyway. That's something I'd laugh about with my girlfriends).

2 hours ago, polecat said:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

I could totally hear my husband saying that. I canNOT imagine sharing him saying something like that on a Godly Mentor (tm) blog, though. I wonder how Lori's mom feels about that story going out to the masses? (Then again, I'm not sure I'd be telling that story to my kids, anyway. That's something I'd laugh about with my girlfriends).

I laughed when I read that part, too, because it is something my husband would say about me showering. For Lori to share a comment like that from her own marriage (like if Ken had said that about her) would be fine. But sharing a for-family-only comment from someone else's marriage is just not okay in my book.

She has a hand-slappy post up today about being grateful and accepting whatever give you are given by your husband and children and not complain about it.

It takes some digging to see that it's actually written by The JoyFilledWife. :roll: Teeny tiny letters underneath the graphic, and then again at the bottom of the post.

My ferocious feline headships guard the bathroom when I take a shower...I think it befuddles them that I willingly get wet. BUT...if my husband said anything like that to ANYONE I'd die of mortification. 

Oh...and speaking of feminists and not making food from scratch...I landed on a great tortilla recipe...and make a batch almost every day. Takes a whole 30 minutes to make and bake...and a helluva lot cheaper than buying tortillas or bread. And...GASP...it even involves a rolling pin!

28 minutes ago, Koala said:

Leave the potatoes out of Lori's soup- you'll see how grateful she is.

:pb_lol::pb_lol:

Let's trot this one out for posterity's sake, shall we? Behold:

Is wanting a potato so bad?  That is all I wanted.  After several days of excruciating pain and not hardly able to eat anything, I just wanted a potato, something soft and filling. [...]

The next day, she bought me some good potatoes and made a big pot of vegetable soup for me.  I couldn't wait to finally have some potatoes.  I went to get some soup and there was not ONE potato in the whole soup!!!  I almost lost it.  I did shed a few tears.  I wanted to text her, "Where are the potatoes???"  Make her feel bad, you know.  Then I remembered she put in all that effort to buy all the ingredients for me and cut up all the vegetables.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/05/having-pity-party.html

40 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

My ferocious feline headships guard the bathroom when I take a shower...I think it befuddles them that I willingly get wet. BUT...if my husband said anything like that to ANYONE I'd die of mortification. 

Oh...and speaking of feminists and not making food from scratch...I landed on a great tortilla recipe...and make a batch almost every day. Takes a whole 30 minutes to make and bake...and a helluva lot cheaper than buying tortillas or bread. And...GASP...it even involves a rolling pin!

I had a bloodhound who used to make a game out of sneaking into the bathroom and stealing my towel. Inevitably she would leave it in the living room in front of all of the glass picture windows. Thankfully the house is surrounded by woods so I didn't make any of the neighbors stumble and lust after me. That being said I'm pretty sure my husband would say something like that but I know how he is and I would be slightly embarrassed but mostly roll my eyes.  But I'd make sure I got him back later because I didn't get the memo about being a submissive helpmeet. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Holy shit.  She's doing a study on TTUAC.

I just saw that. Her Pearl worship comes through especially loud in this post. I can understand how reading Created to Be His Helpmeet made a dramatic change in Lori's marriage. I really do get it. She was a bitch of a wife before, and something she read in the book helped her see that and make some changes. But the fact that she refuses to see why the Pearls' books are seen as dangerous by so many is just plain ignorant. She doesn't have to agree with others, but she uses other people's concerns as a measure of their godliness, not as an occasion to step back and understand what others see. She can still disagree if she wants, but her blind faith in the Pearls is damaging. She has made them an idol. She expresses more joy and commitment to the Pearls and living as they say than she does to God. She is a dangerous woman.

I'm torn. Part of me is thinking, ooh, some seriously good snark will come from this new 'study.' The other part is thinking about how dangerous the Pearls' teachings are and how awful it will be if even one of Lori's readers is converted to plumbing line use and hitting babies. :?

11 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I'm torn. Part of me is thinking, ooh, some seriously good snark will come from this new 'study.' The other part is thinking about how dangerous the Pearls' teachings are and how awful it will be if even one of Lori's readers is converted to plumbing line use and hitting babies. :?

That's what I'm scared of. For some unfathomable reason, there are people out there who mistake "Lori logic" for actual good advice, and teaching. So, I hope that she utterly fails in convincing anyone!

34 minutes ago, molecule said:

I just saw that. Her Pearl worship comes through especially loud in this post. I can understand how reading Created to Be His Helpmeet made a dramatic change in Lori's marriage. I really do get it. She was a bitch of a wife before, and something she read in the book helped her see that and make some changes. But the fact that she refuses to see why the Pearls' books are seen as dangerous by so many is just plain ignorant. She doesn't have to agree with others, but she uses other people's concerns as a measure of their godliness, not as an occasion to step back and understand what others see. She can still disagree if she wants, but her blind faith in the Pearls is damaging. She has made them an idol. She expresses more joy and commitment to the Pearls and living as they say than she does to God. She is a dangerous woman.

I don't think CTBHH helped Lori to see she was being a bitch. I think she preferred to be a bitch, but saw her marriage was failing, then CTBHH informed her that the answer was to agree with everything Ken wanted. That kind of black and white solution appealed to her. She is not one for introspection.

45 minutes ago, Hisey said:

She is not one for introspection.

Good point. 

A commenter says that her nine-year-old daughter cries and has a bad attitude when she doesn't get her way.

Here is Lori's advice:

Let her know that getting her feelings hurt easily is Satanic since it comes from self-pity. 

Yes, Lori, tell a child that her natural feelings are satanic. That's bound to help. :my_rolleyes:

1 hour ago, molecule said:

I can understand how reading Created to Be His Helpmeet made a dramatic change in Lori's marriage. I really do get it. She was a bitch of a wife before, and something she read in the book helped her see that and make some changes. But the fact that she refuses to see why the Pearls' books are seen as dangerous by so many is just plain ignorant.

TBH, I think Lori was (and is) just a bitch in general (not that I think Ken is a prize either).  If she found something that helped her make their relationship better, but she fails to understand that everyone is not like her.  I don't need to be submissive to Mr. DV because I'm not a bitch to him (most of the time, we all have our moments!) - although it is fun sometimes. :) But our relationship works and we're happy the way WE are. 

Like the whole thing with the potatoes.  Instead of just saying "I don't feel well, and potato is the only thing that really appeals to me", she has to be a passive-aggressive whiner and expect everyone to read minds.

As for JFW's Mother's Day post, who do these women hang out with?

For Mother's Day this year, I got my mother a gift card to Brighton.  Why?  Because she let me know that what she would really appreciate would be either a GC for Brighton or Starbucks.  My parents' financial situation is not super, so the Starbucks cards are good because it lets her give herself a little treat every day.  The Brighton card is going towards a new purse she wanted - I would have bought the purse outright, but Mom was still dithering on the color.

I got my grandmother flowers, because she has let all of us know she would rather have that or similar (perishable gifts) than stuff.

It just saves so much time if women actually communicate with people around them in a straight-forward manner.

34 minutes ago, molecule said:

Good point. 

A commenter says that her nine-year-old daughter cries and has a bad attitude when she doesn't get her way.

Here is Lori's advice:

Yes, Lori, tell a child that her natural feelings are satanic. That's bound to help. :my_rolleyes:

Lori has made that assertion multiple times, and never once offered any solid biblical evidence to support her position.  "But Oslwald Chambers said..." or "I read it in a book somewhere..." doesn't cut it.

Some can raise great children without spanking but it takes a ton more time and patience. 

It's pitiful that Lori knows there are alternatives to her leather strap, but didn't use them because she felt it took more time and patience than she was willing to invest in her kids. 

"Some can raise great children without spanking but it takes a ton more time and patience."

Wow, so she spanks because it would be too much of an inconvenience to have patience and give up time for herself. I am sure the bible says a lot about the importance of patience.  

If a woman said I could stay home with my kids but that takes a lot of patience so I put them in daycare instead, Lori would rip into her. Ah the double standards. Patience for thee, but not for me. 

There are plenty of godly women who love to wallow in the self-pity of being attacked! "They attacked me" or on about the trolls and the nasty things they say. Well, get over yourself. It is satanic to have such feelings about being attacked! 

This comment is just a big WOW

"Being obedient to God, staying with my DH and striving to be a help meet to a man who "doesn't love me" after 29 yrs together, without complaining is my biggest challenge my life."

How depressing. I don't believe she went 29 years without a single complaint, LOL, that makes you not human and is why these women are not relatable. Plus, I get the vibe she is looking for a medal, a pat on the back. "You stayed with a man who doesn't love you....take heart your reward will be in heaven for all that suffering!" Something like that. Marriages like that then become more important or better than a happily married couple because she suffered. 

1 hour ago, desertvixen said:

TBH, I think Lori was (and is) just a bitch in general (not that I think Ken is a prize either).  If she found something that helped her make their relationship better, but she fails to understand that everyone is not like her.  I don't need to be submissive to Mr. DV because I'm not a bitch to him (most of the time, we all have our moments!) - although it is fun sometimes. :) But our relationship works and we're happy the way WE are. 

Like the whole thing with the potatoes.  Instead of just saying "I don't feel well, and potato is the only thing that really appeals to me", she has to be a passive-aggressive whiner and expect everyone to read minds.

As for JFW's Mother's Day post, who do these women hang out with?

For Mother's Day this year, I got my mother a gift card to Brighton.  Why?  Because she let me know that what she would really appreciate would be either a GC for Brighton or Starbucks.  My parents' financial situation is not super, so the Starbucks cards are good because it lets her give herself a little treat every day.  The Brighton card is going towards a new purse she wanted - I would have bought the purse outright, but Mom was still dithering on the color.

I got my grandmother flowers, because she has let all of us know she would rather have that or similar (perishable gifts) than stuff.

It just saves so much time if women actually communicate with people around them in a straight-forward manner.

I think the same things too. Lori has posted about being a bossy child and she said she had friendship issues as a child.  I did feel bad for Ken when he was posted here when he mentioned how he and Lori clashed over money in the early years of their marriage. He didn't come from a well to do background and it seemed that Lori didn't try to empathize with him on that. Ken isn't likable either and there have been posts where he slammed poor people. Ken and Lori deserve each other.

Ken has chimed in:

I think one of the more interesting questions to be pondered is what does a spouse do when they discover they are married to a child who did not learn self-discipline and self-control? Is there a way to partner with that spouse to train them in these things and watch them grow up in these vital relationship areas?

I think there will be a lot of discussion of spanking in this 'study,' and some of it will have to do with adults.:shifty-kitty:

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived