IGNORED

Lori Alexander- the Mindless Mentor: Part 8

1 hour ago, molecule said:

(quoting Lori) Learn from godly women who focus their teaching on make an idol of Titus 2:3-5.

Fixed it for her.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Hisey said:

The famous misogynst Dalrock has commented to tell Lori that her argument makes no sense.

Lori says Ken is going to come to her rescue but in the meantime tries to teach Dalrock a thing or two. Dalrock's complete response:

Thank you. I'll hold my response for Ken then.

How many paragraphs will Ken produce defending Lori's ministry? :popcorn:

3 hours ago, Florita said:

Lori says Ken is going to come to her rescue but in the meantime tries to teach Dalrock a thing or two. Dalrock's complete response:

How many paragraphs will Ken produce defending Lori's ministry? :popcorn:

Spoiler

tumblr_mssdnaaLqC1shm9rjo1_500.gif

I was thinking of good old "godly mentor" tonight as I was cooking dinner...homemade tortillas (made a double batch), and fajitas. The BEST part...we were at the grocery store and I said I didn't feel like making tortillas and I was just going to buy some...followed by a pouting hubby who said "what? You're not going to make tortillas????"....gee...this feminist MAKES her own tortillas FROM SCRATCH every couple of days (yeah...it's the Latina thing) and her gringo husband REFUSES to eat store bought...Have I mentioned that he won't eat store bought bread anymore either??? Yep, this feminist beyatch makes her own bread FROM SCRATCH too! 

I'd love to have Lori watch me whip up a meal...on a DAILY BASIS!!!

7 hours ago, Hisey said:

The famous misogynst Dalrock has commented to tell Lori that her argument makes no sense.

Holy shit, I thought you were kidding.

You're not. :TRUCDEOUF:

I'm going to have to have another vodka cocktail to get through Ken's Giant Wall of Text.

I'm either losing my mind, or Lori's blog is becoming a parody of itself.

First you have the blog entries, which are basically always the same, regardless of the actual topic (I am commanded, blah, blah, blah...anyone who interprets or adds to the Word is a false teacher--except for me, I'm allowed, because I am, don't argue...also, please forget anything I said in the past that contradicts what I'm saying today...look, just shut up and remember that I am right and you are wrong, okay?  Detractor!! Red Herring!! The night is dark and full of terrors!!!!), written with all the flair of a 3rd grade book report. 

Then you have the comments, dominated by creepy men who apparently see nothing strange about following a woman's teaching blog, so they can chime in with posts about how women shouldn't be teaching men; and by women who try to out-do each other bragging about how uninformed, easily deceived and subservient they are. (There is also the occasional woman with a semi-reasonable comment; I'm pretty sure they are only allowed through to give the villagers someone to poke with their pitchforks.)

Yesterday's comments were especially special, with one yahoo rambling about women not being created in God's image, only to be shut down by Lori, who shouldn't be correcting a man, should she? My head hurts. (Never mind, see above.)

Then the "famous" Dalrock condescends to point out to Lori that her argument is contradictory and makes no sense,* leading to a long and rambling (duh) defense by Ken, which involves twisting some verses around to explain that Lori is always right and it doesn't need to make sense. (Again, see above. Detractor.)

This is all interspersed with a seriously ridiculous debate about when, where, to whom and under whose authority a woman is permitted to teach/speak/think. (Can she teach at a women's Bible study? In Sunday School? How about in a house? Or with a mouse? Can she teach here or there? Can she teach anywhere????)

Honestly, if there weren't women actually following her advice to smack their babies and cater to their abusive husbands, it would be funny.  Maybe.

*(Of course, he's right that it is illogical, but I'm pretty sure he wants to resolve the issue by having women should just shut up in general.)

20 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

(Can she teach at a women's Bible study? In Sunday School? How about in a house? Or with a mouse? Can she teach here or there? Can she teach anywhere????)

I feel as if I hardly need to visit the blog at all. Any time I want a Lori "fix" I just need to re-read this comment to immerse myself in the whole experience...

:bathtime:

Why don't we just speak the truth (or, sorry, "the Truth"). Men don't want women to teach them because it gets men's panties in a twist. Men who care about this issue are failures who need to be "above" someone to feel good about themselves.

38 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Why don't we just speak the truth (or, sorry, "the Truth"). Men don't want women to teach them because it gets men's panties in a twist. Men who care about this issue are failures who need to be "above" someone to feel good about themselves.

Yes, yes, yes! How I wish I could speak the truth so succinctly!

So, now can you sum up what's wrong with the women???

@Emilycharlotte, I think it's possible that Lori is losing it, not you.  (TBH, I don't see her being able to handle parody, because that takes some smarts and writing skill)

12 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

So, now can you sum up what's wrong with the women???

Too scared (or too lazy or too beaten down) to decide for themselves what they believe and then live by it. 

Plus a few who I am guessing enjoy being contrary and/or feeling persecuted by the ungodly

Or deeply jealous of women who have accomplished something they'd like to do. In Lori's case, she is clearly jealous and threatened by women who have received fame and fortune by teaching the Bible. She lacks the courage to speak the truth, which is "I'd love to do that, but my poor health prevents it, plus I lack the self-discipline and know-how, plus my husband wouldn't allow it."  So instead she says, "They are wrong and ungodly." 

The problem with these people is, nobody cares what they think. Dalrock can analyze the Bible till the cows come home, and no matter what he concludes, some women will continue preaching the Bible, others will teach men in universities and churches, women will lead in the military, and there may even be a woman president who makes laws he must submit too. So ha ha to you, Dalrock and Ken. Your "analysis" means nothing to anybody but you.

Lori also won't achieve that fame because her message is dangerous and she'd be eaten alive if she tried to go big. So she disparages us and says her words are only for the few.

Like any good cult leader.

3 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Lori also won't achieve that fame because her message is dangerous and she'd be eaten alive if she tried to go big. So she disparages us and says her words are only for the few.

Like any good cult leader.

True. Even someone like Dalrock, who should be an ally, is telling her that her arguments don't hold weight. Heh. She seems pretty flustered by that. I don't think that when she threw out the term "more easily deceived" she expected a Biblical analysis.

Heh heh heh :my_biggrin:

I logged in just to say that Lori was pushed to the second page of Quiver Full of Snark, for the first time in my memory at least. Wouldn't she hate that?!

It's almost like her hate-filled messages and personalised hotline to God isn't enough for some people.

:crazy: :crazy::crazy:

(And yes, I realise I've just put her back on top by commenting. But she deserves it, y'all. She does what she does to help us, ya know...)

4 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

I logged in just to say that Lori was pushed to the second page of Quiver Full of Snark, for the first time in my memory at least. Wouldn't she hate that?!

It's almost like her hate-filled messages and personalised hotline to God isn't enough for some people.

(And yes, I realise I've just put her back on top by commenting. But she deserves it, y'all. She does what she does to help us, ya know...)

I agree, The Godliest Woman in the World should never be pushed to the second page.  Suddenly, Glen Close from "Fatal Attraction" has entered my head. 

{...I WON'T BE IGNORED, DAN!}

Anyway, I'm sure if your comment had not bumped her, Ken would have contacted Goggle and made the Goggle police do it.  "Hello, it's me, Ken...yes, again.  You know those mean women who called my wife a monster?? Well, now they've demoted her to page 2. What can you do to help me?" After all, the only way to fight evil Goggle Tactics is with Godly Goggle Tactics. 

And what's even better is that in two days, she's only had two comments on her blog. Two on yesterday's post and zero--ZERO!!--on Saturday's. 

Of course, today she begins her TTUAC study. That'll bring out the worst of her leg-humpers, I'm sure. :?

Today's post is less about the book and more about what a wonderful job she and Ken did raising their kids.  She's basically saying "We didn't even need the book; we had already done it perfectly. But all of you should...you know...read the book."

6 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Nobody puts the Godly Mentor on the second page!

I'm surprised Ken hasn't turned up asking for her to get pinned, or even better - her own Godly subforum...

How jealous must she be of the fundamentalist Mormons right now!?

Very first post, and I'm making it about Lori, the Godly Mentor. 

After reading her blog, it FINALLY (might I say, SEVERELY) occurred to me: Lori is saying the exact same shit that my mother in law says. Preach the modesty. Menz are teh best! If you don't have a super clean house- you suck. Beat your kids with a paint stirrer from Home Depot. 

So now when I wonder, "What would my MIL want me to do" (because it happens so often :sarcasm:), I can just read me some Lori. And then do whatever I think is best.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived