IGNORED

Lori Alexander- the Mindless Mentor: Part 8

50 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Remember how Lori thinks Bill Clinton invented oral sex and that in the good old days people just weren't like that!....

Well--

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3581008/Inside-John-Humphrey-Noyes-19th-Century-Oneida-NY-commune-people-believed-sleeping-ultimate-medicine.html

John Humphrey Noyes, hmm? I wonder if Jill Noyes Rodrigues is a descendant. Funny coincidence, at the least.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ken:

I think one of the more interesting questions to be pondered is what does a spouse do when they discover they are married to a child who did not learn self-discipline and self-control? Is there a way to partner with that spouse to train them in these things and watch them grow up in these vital relationship areas? 

I think that self-discipline and self-control can be learned at any age, and if a Believer is unwilling to learn them with the help of a spouse, the Lord will step in and train us in such discipline Himself. Far too many Believers cannot understand why their circumstances are not going as they would like or as planned, and cannot see that this is the hand of God's discipline on their lives. 

It is so vital that we not only train our children in these vital areas of relationship and responsibility, but also that we help them realize they are life long lessons to be learned. One can be completely disciplined in some ares of life, yet fully undisciplined in others where they need to grow up. Allowing your spouse, to in a sense, parent you to learn discipline in these deficit areas will lead to a far more peaceful and fulfilling life. 

Train your children well parents so that they have far fewer areas of discipline and self control to learn. And protect them from having to learn the lessons from a loving heavenly Father who insists on our growing up into Christ Jesus. And notice the discipline comes with a promise: 

"Our fathers disciplined us for a short time as they thought best, but God disciplines us for our good, so that we may share in His holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." (Heb. 12:10-11)

:angry-cussingblack:  Spouses don't "parent" and "train" each other.

Lori's creepy response:

Thanks for keeping me accountable! ;)

From a commenter: 

When she gets her feelings hurt, I keep telling her that she needs to learn to laugh at herself. If others laugh at something silly she does, she has to laugh with them or she's going to spend her life being miserable, taking herself too seriously and having way too much pride!

This is something my parents used to do with me. It wasn't spiteful or hateful. They were genuinely trying to "toughen me up" with the best of intentions. But it really had the opposite effect. Instead of just accepting that I was a naturally sensitive person, they spent a lot of time picking at and poking me trying to change me.  God made some people bulls in china shops like Lori. But he also made some of us butterflies. You cannot turn a charging bull into a butterfly, nor can you turn a butterfly into a bull. Lori seems to think that everyone should be a snorting, snarling bull never realizing that the world would be an ugly place without us butterflies.

Some can raise great children without spanking but it takes a ton more time and patience. 

Heaven forbid we actually spend time and energy rearing our children. :my_rolleyes:

Ken:

I think one of the more interesting questions to be pondered is what does a spouse do when they discover they are married to a child who did not learn self-discipline and self-control? Is there a way to partner with that spouse to train them in these things and watch them grow up in these vital relationship areas? 

I think that self-discipline and self-control can be learned at any age, and if a Believer is unwilling to learn them with the help of a spouse, the Lord will step in and train us in such discipline Himself. Far too many Believers cannot understand why their circumstances are not going as they would like or as planned, and cannot see that this is the hand of God's discipline on their lives. 

It is so vital that we not only train our children in these vital areas of relationship and responsibility, but also that we help them realize they are life long lessons to be learned. One can be completely disciplined in some ares of life, yet fully undisciplined in others where they need to grow up. Allowing your spouse, to in a sense, parent you to learn discipline in these deficit areas will lead to a far more peaceful and fulfilling life. 

Train your children well parents so that they have far fewer areas of discipline and self control to learn. And protect them from having to learn the lessons from a loving heavenly Father who insists on our growing up into Christ Jesus. And notice the discipline comes with a promise: 

"Our fathers disciplined us for a short time as they thought best, but God disciplines us for our good, so that we may share in His holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." (Heb. 12:10-11)

:angry-cussingblack:  Spouses don't "parent" and "train" each other.

Lori's creepy response:

Thanks for keeping me accountable! [emoji6]

Brb, puking.

I note that Ken forgets to mention that this only goes one way- only the man shall parent the wife. Oh Ken, what if it's the husband who needs to do the growing up?

@polecat, I hear you on trying to toughen kids up.  There's not catering to it and then deliberately trying to be hurtful.  I didn't get less sensitive, but I did stop telling people when I was bothered because there was no point.

52 minutes ago, polecat said:

From a commenter: 

This is something my parents used to do with me. It wasn't spiteful or hateful. They were genuinely trying to "toughen me up" with the best of intentions. But it really had the opposite effect. Instead of just accepting that I was a naturally sensitive person, they spent a lot of time picking at and poking me trying to change me.  God made some people bulls in china shops like Lori. But he also made some of us butterflies. You cannot turn a charging bull into a butterfly, nor can you turn a butterfly into a bull. Lori seems to think that everyone should be a snorting, snarling bull never realizing that the world would be an ugly place without us butterflies.

Heaven forbid we actually spend time and energy rearing our children. :my_rolleyes:

Poor Lori, not only is she a snarling bull but she's done her very best to physically and emotionally mold those around her into  bull form too.  In years to come, when she's in need of help and kindness, she'll be surrounded by those Bulls wondering why there's no butterflies in her abyss. 

One could almost feel sorry for her

but

bitch! 

12 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Poor Lori, not only is she a snarling bull but she's done her very best to physically and emotionally mold those around her into  bull form too.  In years to come, when she's in need of help and kindness, she'll be surrounded by those Bulls wondering why there's no butterflies in her abyss. 

One could almost feel sorry for her

but

bitch! 

I can't help but wonder if one of her daughters is a butterfly, and if that little butterfly might not have fluttered far out of the bull's reach long ago. If so, I'm glad. I hope she's kept her pretty wings intact in spite of Lori's snorting and snarling. 

From a reader:

By the way, I am really looking forward to the study on child training. I bought the Kindle version of the book and hope it isn't too late for any mistakes I am making with my 7 and 4 year olds (they are both pretty good kids to start with though).

1) My heart breaks for those kids.  If their mother foolishly adopts the practices of Mike and Debbi Pearl, their little lives are about to be turned upside down.  So very sad.

2) Why (if she has good kids as she asserts) would she worry that she's made mistakes that it's too late to fix?

Further, why does she trust Lori and the Pearls more than she trusts her own judgement?  To my knowledge, not a single one of them is qualified to be giving the kind of advice they're giving.

More verbal diarrhea from Ken:

Hi Mrs. G! 

Is not the purpose of marriage to help each other grow up, especially grow up into Christ Jesus? I have found in my marriage and coaching others is that the more the godly spouse can stay Christian in all that they think and do towards the other, the more the other's sins stand out like sore thumb and beg to be changed. That is the promise to wives with disobedient husbands, and it tends to work quite well for husbands with rebellious wives. Consistent loving behavior, backed by accountability and discipline, whether raising children, a spouse or employees to want to be the best they can be.

Pretty sure husbands aren't tasked with raising or disciplining their spouse.

58 minutes ago, Koala said:

Consistent loving behavior, backed by accountability and discipline, whether raising children, a spouse or employees to want to be the best they can be.

Pretty sure husbands aren't tasked with raising or disciplining their spouse.

Ew, or "raising" their employees, either. I think Ken has NO boundaries! 

Do Ken's professional clients have any idea what his nauseating beliefs actually are? I can't imagine doing business with someone without first doing at least a cursory Google search on them.

I think that's what prompted him to visit FJ.  I think he was getting some negative feedback from some of his customers?.  Or maybe he googled himself and was worried what was said here would affect his business?

There is no way I'd do business with someone like Ken.  His own awful words would turn me off, never mind what FJ said about him.

He and Lori go on and on about mothers working outside the home, and yet I've no doubt a very good portion of offices he consults with employs women who have young children.

That means he and Lori get some of their income off the backs of moms employed outside the home.

9 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I think that's what prompted him to visit FJ.  I think he was getting some negative feedback from some of his customers?.  Or maybe he googled himself and was worried what was said here would affect his business?

There is no way I'd do business with someone like Ken.  His own awful words would turn me off, never mind what FJ said about him.

He and Lori go on and on about mothers working outside the home, and yet I've no doubt a very good portion of offices he consults with employs women who have young children.

That means he and Lori get some of their income off the backs of moms employed outside the home.

There's at least one testimonial on his website from, GASP!!, a female doctor!!  And she appears to have an all-female staff, as well!   Wonder if Ken told them all they should be at home being trained by their husbands.  

Actually, I wonder if any of the people whose testimonials are on that website have any idea what kind of person they are supporting.  Gross. 

58 minutes ago, polecat said:

Consistent loving behavior, backed by accountability and discipline, whether raising children, a spouse or employees to want to be the best they can be

I guess I need to start spanking my residents- lovingly of course.  I'm sure they'll appreciate the opportunity to be the best they can be and HR will be totally on board.

Lori:

I didn't like the term "Domestic Goddess" however.  I never want to have the word God in what someone calls me since there is only one God

I wish I had a dime for every time Lori had referred to herself as a "godly older woman".  The smart is not strong with that one....

6 hours ago, polecat said:

Consistent loving behavior, backed by accountability and discipline, whether raising children, a spouse or employees to want to be the best they can be.

Yeah...and I can "train" my cats too...We've gotten as far as "no you may not scratch on the sofa (after application of tin foil and packing tape)". We have yet to learn that we don't fart in mommy's face, we don't try to watch mommy take a shower and being under mommy's feet when mommy is cooking dinner is a really bad idea for both the feline headships and mommy. 

And raising a spouse...ummm....NO!!!! He's grown...he can act right or get the f**k out. 

10 hours ago, Koala said:

To my knowledge, not a single one of them is qualified to be giving any kind of advice.

Fixed that for you, @Koala :)

I kind of hope this whole "study" blows up in Lori's face when she is doing nothing but talking Pearl's all day, every day people might start to clue in that she is dangerous.

8 hours ago, Koala said:

Pretty sure husbands aren't tasked with raising or disciplining their spouse

and DEFINITELY not their employees!

6 hours ago, kpmom said:

This may or may not be the reason why I tend to type out full names on different pages rather than our short hand names for these 2.  He has his own tag as well :content:

These two and googlefu...it's a wonder they have any women willing to work for them at all.

These two and googlefu...it's a wonder they have any women willing to work for them at all.

Well, they think Google is spelled "goggle" so that's their first problem...

Lori:

Many of these women stand in front of men and women and teach the Word? Is this what they are called to do? "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence" {1 Timothy 2:12}. Oh, but many will say, "They are in an auditorium and not in a church. This verse is for the church only." Well, guess what, the Church isn't a building; it is a body of believers, therefore, no woman should ever teach men the Word anywhere.

Even on a blog?  Because Lori has several men who comment frequently when she "teaches the Word" on her blog.  She can say her blog is directed at women, but she never hesitates to engage with and advise the men in comments.  Just a couple of weeks back she was advising one man about sex- going so far as to tell her verbatim what she wanted him to say to his wife.

Storage Sociopath, "Charles", "Rob", "Dave", "Earl"....all men, all being taught by the Godly Mentor.

God doesn't want women teaching men His Word because we are the ones more easily deceived. 

Wait- so God doesn't want women teaching men because they are easily deceived, but it's A-Okay if they teach other women?

We need to be so very careful who we listen to these days. We must not learn from anyone who isn't teaching the Truth of God's Word, makes up words that aren't in the Bible

Kind of like how Lori always adds to the story of the Proverbs 31 woman?

Matter of fact, I believe Lori said the following:

God doesn't have to give us a Bible verse for everything but He did give us common sense and wisdom. 

Do not be deceived by the rich and famous women who are teaching things that aren't biblical. 

Lori's just preparing her minions for that new book she's 'writing.' Got to push all those other women and their books out of the way so SHE can be rich and famous, dontcha know.

All those women she's been quoting and praising for years.:roll:

Her jealousy is showing again today.

Contemplative prayer is really just a process people can use in praying. The fact that it is similar to meditation is irrelevant. It doesn't make it an Eastern religious act; it just means that it is a process that helps the human mind step transition from our daily reality into a state of prayerfulness. Beth Moore is the woman to teaches about this. Lori really thinks she's superior, but my guess is that Beth Moore points a lot more women to the cross than Lori ever will.

They teach all about God's love and grace but never about sin and repentance.

It isn't any better to teach all about sin and repentance but never about God's love and grace, as Lori does.

Learn from godly women who focus their teaching on Titus 2:3-5.

And here she goes again, elevating these verses above all others. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived