IGNORED

Lori Alexander- the Mindless Mentor: Part 8

Fuck that bitch...I worked 10 hours yesterday, came home, fixed dinner, bitched at Mr. xtian because his truck needed oil and air in the tires and he was a jackass about it, MADE him go do it right (because I sure as hell wasn't going to do that too).

I'm not my husband's mother, he has one of those...she's a fullashit cunt.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well before her standard line has always been that she sabotaged the birth control because SHE wanted to stay home, which looks even more more selfish in light of the newest post, wherein she says Ken intended for her to stay home when their situation was more stable. 

Second all the people saying that Lori is a hypocrite on this issue.  Convenient how she understands how everyone else should do things, now that she is no longer in that season of life.

Thanks to everyone who posts the snippets from Lori's blog - I used to read there but I had to stop, partly because of rage and partly because I didn't want her to have the clicks. But I'm still a bit obsessed, so cheers guys!!:beer:

On 4/29/2016 at 0:31 PM, docmom said:

You know, the "let's leave all the conveniences of modern life behind and get back to a more simplistic existence" has been tried and I'm pretty sure Lori would not like it.  It's been tried on a small scale by many people and for a great many of them, it wasn't fun.  Remember too that these people may have been living simplistically but they're still surrounded by the infrastructure of modern living that makes life a great deal nicer than it was in the past.

Perhaps she could go stay with the Nauglers.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I'm not my husband's mother, he has one of those...

Preach it sista'! My husband (sometimes*) says to me I treat him like a child, then I look at him and say- then stop acting like one! (I shouldn't have to remind a grown man to put laundry away, or to do laundry for the family or that beer keg needs to be returned -too heavy for me to lift or that the mower shouldn't sit in the yard for 5 days with a blown out tire and to get it fixed.) Men wonder why wives become nags it's because they act like one of the children.

* now many times he does things fine but sometimes he gets in a lazy rut and it is annoying!

I had to nag my husband about taking his seizure medication, and that's the main reason he's no longer here. :pb_cry:

16 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I had to nag my husband about taking his seizure medication, and that's the main reason he's no longer here. :pb_cry:

That is very sad, I am so sorry. It isn't easy watching a loved one decline in health, especially if it is treatable and they choose otherwise.

My husband is on many meds- diabetes, cholesterol, etc I don't pay attention to what he takes because I watch him eat and he isn't helping himself. I found I can't control what he puts in his mouth and it drives me crazier than it drives him so I have had to let it go. Now, I still get mad/frustrated when he is "sick" because of his meds and/or diet and sometimes I can't let it go but I work on it all the time because I can't make him. :(  

Does Ken have a point in his teaching today? He meanders through feelings, bad counseling, childhood hurt, Christianized eastern mysticism, failed parental bonding due to daycare, benefits of counseling, the crazy cycle, and the bondage of sin--but does he actually try to make a point? 

6 minutes ago, molecule said:

Does Ken have a point in his teaching today? He meanders through feelings, bad counseling, childhood hurt, Christianized eastern mysticism, failed parental bonding due to daycare, benefits of counseling, the crazy cycle, and the bondage of sin--but does he actually try to make a point? 

I couldn't tell you; my eyes glazed over about three paragraphs in and I just gave up. :?

13 minutes ago, molecule said:

I really think Ken might be drunk when he does the majority of his posts. 

I tried living on hub's disability check...ummm...no. Just no. Screw that bitch.

I think his point was:  "women, just shut up with your feelings and be submissive as my interpretation of the bible says to do".  His stereotyping and total disdain towards anything female is revolting.

On 5/18/2016 at 9:09 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

Preach it sista'! My husband (sometimes*) says to me I treat him like a child, then I look at him and say- then stop acting like one! (I shouldn't have to remind a grown man to put laundry away, or to do laundry for the family or that beer keg needs to be returned -too heavy for me to lift or that the mower shouldn't sit in the yard for 5 days with a blown out tire and to get it fixed.) Men wonder why wives become nags it's because they act like one of the children.

* now many times he does things fine but sometimes he gets in a lazy rut and it is annoying!

Y'know, there's something to that. I've been pondering how we got into this mess in the first place, and I honestly think some of it had to do with my subliminal desire for my spouse to grow up. So a movement that exhorted men to be men had a certain appeal...

22 hours ago, molecule said:

His point: "Qualifued counsellors  validate women in conflict with their spouses, which is bad, because Bible." // "We set women straight because Bible. If counsellors weren't so wimpy they would too. Counsellors do secular things instead." // "Disclaimer: some counsellors do a limited amount of good, so don't shoot me. But they should set women straight eventually. Bible."

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:58 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

That is very sad, I am so sorry. It isn't easy watching a loved one decline in health, especially if it is treatable and they choose otherwise.

My husband is on many meds- diabetes, cholesterol, etc I don't pay attention to what he takes because I watch him eat and he isn't helping himself. I found I can't control what he puts in his mouth and it drives me crazier than it drives him so I have had to let it go. Now, I still get mad/frustrated when he is "sick" because of his meds and/or diet and sometimes I can't let it go but I work on it all the time because I can't make him. :(  

My dr, bless his heart, tells his patients "You are the husband/wife, not the father/mother."

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:29 AM, Pammy said:

So he just needs to get out his penis, use it to read over Lori's posts, then use it to make any nescessary changes. Sounds messy.

Wouldn't that show be worth the price of a ticket??

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, Florita said:

Lori says Ken is going to come to her rescue but in the meantime tries to teach Dalrock a thing or two. Dalrock's complete response:

How many paragraphs will Ken produce defending Lori's ministry? :popcorn:

Enough to put many, many readers into a coma.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:51 PM, CrazyCatLady said:

I mean, she does have a brain tumor. Not sure what Ken's excuse is...

Ken's got Lori.  Maybe he really, really doesn't want her---

I've never quite understood how Ken went from studying to be a pastor, and receiving a divinity degree, to orthodontic consulting.

Reading his bio on the Alexander and Sons site it's still pretty unclear.  Somehow he hooked up with a group of orthodontic doctors in the 80's (though he has no background in it himself), and was mentored by them to become a consultant.

I have a suspicion (just a hunch) Lori's father somehow hooked him up.  She said Ken wasn't making much money and the princess Lori actually had to work for awhile after they were married.

Speaking of that bio, what a steaming pile of horse manure.  He's a top orthodontic consultant and lecturer because he studied communications, psychology and a bunch of other stuff that I forgot at the graduate level!!!!

I think the only subject he's missing is duck biology. 

According to the latest blog post Lorken (or should I say Mike Pearl?) believe salvation can be lost. 

ETA: I bet they have been busy with the delete button with this one!

12 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

According to the latest blog post Lorken (or should I say Mike Pearl?) believe salvation can be lost. 

ETA: I bet they have been busy with the delete button with this one!

I think they've probably had to delete every single comment they've received on this one. It was at zero late last night, until Ken finally posted something because, you know, we just can't have a big fat zero sitting there:

"Excellent stuff! You have to love Michael Pearl and his God given gifts."

:puke-front:

On 5/9/2016 at 10:57 AM, Loveday said:

I'm torn. Part of me is thinking, ooh, some seriously good snark will come from this new 'study.' The other part is thinking about how dangerous the Pearls' teachings are and how awful it will be if even one of Lori's readers is converted to plumbing line use and hitting babies. :?

I agree.  I'm not opposed to a swat on the backside of a misbehaving preschooler who has been warned and is old enough to know better, but there is no excuse whatsoever to hit an infant.

I notice today's post actually has very few mentions of what's in this chapter. I'm glad, because I don't believe in spreading that crap around. But it's also interesting, because I think Lori lacks the courage to actually post the garbage that the Pearls write. She knows the backlash she'd get.

On Lori's instagram she posted a baby shower invite for Cassi and Emily. There you will find links to their regestries...you will see some mighty expensive baby stuff! $350 stroller. So great to see Lori's lesson on frugality rubbing off. Clearly, Lori endorses this materialism, just like with her favorite things post. How to be a frugal wife? Go buy a $350 stroller---oh wait have someone else buy that for you so your conscious is clear that you aren't materialistic. 

Lori's post today is "Forcing Your Opinions on Others."

The first paragraph nearly had me to a spit-take of coffee all over my laptop:

I don't want to debate my husband or others in a way that tells them that I am right and they are wrong. It's more important to protect the relationship than it is to be right.

Here are some other lovely things she says (even though we know she doesn't practice what she preaches):

This doesn't mean we don't share our opinions and have discussions but if we do it in order to prove we are right, then it is wrong. Nobody likes a know-it-all and someone who forces their opinions on others.

Women shouldn't be arguing over issues that have no eternal significance like organic or not organic, vaccinations or no vaccinations, public school or homeschool, sleep training or co-sleeping, spanking or not spanking, etc.

I could argue all of these topics but I am not sure I have every persuaded anyone by arguing with them. I give my opinion. 

Planting seeds is a gentle process. It's not forcing our convictions on someone but allowing others to come to their own convictions. 

I wish Lori would read her own blog post today.

Planting seeds is a gentle process. It's not forcing our my convictions on someone but allowing others to come to their own my convictions. 

Fixed that for ya, Lori. :rolleyes:

"Nobody likes a know-it-all and someone who forces their opinions on others."

I'll always remember where I was the first (and probably only) time I agreed with Lori Alexander.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived