IGNORED

Counting on- Part 7: Counting on Cancellation

samurai_sarah

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

She's going to raise her kids to love God and be a blessing to others? What kind of blessings to others are Jessa and Bin? Good grifters, maybe.

You forget how Ben wants to bless the world with being the Christian version of Vanilla Ice.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Duggar's are in InTouch again, with the cover saying "Confronted by another victim."  I saw it at Rite Aid, but I wasn't able to flip through it and see what it was all about.

52 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

You forget how Ben wants to bless the world with being the Christian version of Vanilla Ice.

I wish Ben would come to my house and clean the toilets. It would be a blessing

13 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I wish Ben would come to my house and clean the toilets. It would be a blessing

he can come clean my lint traps :D 

2 hours ago, gustava said:

1.  Is being saved by grace the same thing as being saved by faith?

2.  Did the two of them want to jump each other's bones?

3.  Why did Bin "interview" Jinger and not Jana or Joy?

They are idiots.

1.  No, Grace is the older, more assertive sister. Faith is kind of shy and wimpy.  She will probably apologize the whole time she is saving you.  Hope is a bit more assertive, but she probably can't save you by herself and will call on baby sister Charity.  Together they will save you, whether you want to be saved or not.

2.  Probably.  In certain circles, they call that being touched by the spirit.

3.  Joy was too young. Jana was too old. Only Jinger was just right. (Jessa made her do it.)

2 hours ago, Carol said:

I have never seen Derrick treat anyone with anything but respect and caring. 

I see you have forgotten about how Derrick & Ben aimed for and ran into that poor cat on the snow sled. Then everybody just laughed and laughed. (Watch the video.) It was cruel and thoughtless. They never apologized or showed any remorse for their callous actions. 

“Never, never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.

39 minutes ago, nst said:

he can come clean my lint traps :D 

Seriously doubt he knows what a lint trap is. Same goes for his wife.

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Seriously doubt he knows what a lint trap is. Same goes for his wife.

his wife doesn't realize that blood and dust invite rats

she knows what a curling iron is though :D

20 minutes ago, GreenTea said:

I see you have forgotten about how Derrick & Ben aimed for and ran into that poor cat on the snow sled. Then everybody just laughed and laughed. (Watch the video.) It was cruel and thoughtless. They never apologized or showed any remorse for their callous actions. 

“Never, never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'd have to look at the video again, I thought the cat got out of the way in time and wasn't hit.  If I'm incorrect, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa.

5 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

since he seems to want to lead a "gospel bum" lifestyle, which will become increasingly difficult

Can "Leading a Gospel Bum Lifestyle" be a post-count title, please? 

Or

"Slowly Transforming Into Yeti Jesus" 

Um,  I thought we weren't supposed to speculate on the identity of the 2 other sisters who were molested. I know it was easy to figure out who they were. I've seen several posters name names. Has the rule changed, or did the person get outed somewhere?

11 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Yes omg! This whole ugly American thing is so annoying. I've been to quite a few places, it's really not that hard to learn 2 phrases, how much and where's the bathroom but people insist on saying I don't know or getting offended when people in other countries don't speak English. Wasn't American but on my trip to Japan there was one guy that constantly complained how every meal was fish. I'm like dude you paid a fortune for a once in a lifetime trip to Japan and you can't even bother to google for 5 minutes to realize that fish is 90% of their diet. It drives me up the wall. 

The Duggars have the same mental binders about everything. I think it was 2 weeks ago with the Bates. Same thing. Was it Erin that said that they don't eat ramen at home just normal American food? Umm if you googled the pasta you eat at home was invented by the Chinese. And since when is Italian pasta "American normal food". Just sayin.

Word. So much this.

I would give my eyeteeth to be able to have the types of travel opportunities the Duggars have had just because Michelle's vag has squeezed out 19 kids. And they absolutely squandered every. single. opportunity. I don't think any of them learned anything or ended up appreciating any of the other cultures they were so fortunate to get to visit.

5 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

On a completely shallow note, Jill and Jessa both need to stop with their husbands' haircuts.  Just allow them to go to a barbershop.  

Ben-- your FIL is not a hair model.  Step away from the Aqua Net and keep Jessa away from your hair.  

Derick-- We get it, you like to talk about Jesus to people.  But is your next thing trying to look the part?  If that's the case you have to grow your hair a lot longer.  

Give them a break. This is the closest to "buying used and saving the difference" that this family has done in a loooooong time. :pb_lol:

53 minutes ago, Carol said:

I'd have to look at the video again, I thought the cat got out of the way in time and wasn't hit.  If I'm incorrect, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa.

I'm pretty sure the cat got out of the way. I'd put the cat's IQ a few pointss higher than a Duggar's

3 hours ago, nst said:

Mrs Seewald Junior is in the new issue of US weekly 

she says she will raise Spurgeon different than her mother

So Jessa plans to raise him?

6 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

What on earth is Derick doing with that gawd-awful beard and longish, unkempt hair? Is he trying to look like an Old Testament prophet? Is he too lazy to shave or trim his hair and beard? Does it turn Jill on?

Seems to me that the Duggars always stressed neatness, with the older J-slaves cutting the hair of the boys. I can't imagine that Jim-Boob and ME-chelle approve of how Derick looks. I wonder what Jill thinks.

We've never seen a male in either the Duggar or the Bates families looking so, well, HAIRY.

And it doesn't suit him at all, imo. He just looks awful. As if he's been in the wilderness for eight months, trying to survive.

So what does it accomplish? I would think it might scare off any of the "heathens" he's supposedly trying to convert.

Browsing around and on one site most of the commenters were leghumpers but one commented on derrickS appearance and immediately got slammed because "they're in a poor country that doesn't have shaving tools." You couldn't make this stuff up

45 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Um,  I thought we weren't supposed to speculate on the identity of the 2 other sisters who were molested. I know it was easy to figure out who they were. I've seen several posters name names. Has the rule changed, or did the person get outed somewhere?

I don't think it is "speculation" when the known facts lead to one conclusion.  I am not challenging the rule that the names shouldn't be mentioned. I am just challenging the use of the word "speculation" in this context

This isn't a case of "outing" someone who might otherwise not be identified. We know who the other victims have to have been.  There is a difference between "speculation" about identity (as in the case of the 5th and/or potential 6th victim) and "naming" a victim who is known but who has not identified herself.

(If there were six children known to be on the bus when it crashed, and three have been identified as having gone home with their parents, it is not "speculation" to conclude which 3 children are in critical care at the hospital.)

Be that as it may,  you are right that mentioning Jx and Jy by name in relation to the molestation was expressly forbidden some months ago. And I think also that the real "speculation" here is not about the names of the victims but their feelings.

How the molested sisters who have not come forward felt and/or have been affected is, perhaps, a subject we should not speculate on in connection with a specific person.  The poor girls deserve some privacy.

On the other hand, it is hard not to wonder how such an experience might impact a young woman in the Duggar family.  We know that what Jessa and Jill said was only a distorted fragment of the truth.

I agree that we need to remember the rules and quit discussing Jx and Jy in relation to the molestation.

20 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Browsing around and on one site most of the commenters were leghumpers but one commented on derrickS appearance and immediately got slammed because "they're in a poor country that doesn't have shaving tools." You couldn't make this stuff up

Whatever Sinful Country it is, razors are verbotten, clearly.  Every single adult hirsute male ends up looking like Derrick.  Yep, must be true.

25 minutes ago, patsymae said:

No one should be that stupid.

32 minutes ago, patsymae said:

:562479732b831_Excitement!Lol: LOL

Even assuming they are in a country where the scissor and razor are unknown and men and women go around with shaggy, un trimmed hair and beards, why assume that Jill and Derrick could not bring the necessary "shaving tools" with them?

Or else they could develop some skill with the flint and obsidian tools of the natives and show them how to be shaved.  I mean saved. ;)

BTW -- Don't you all think Derrrick may have run around Nepal with the beard and hair until it was time to start skyping with Jill?

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I should have read your comment first before clicking. But I didn't so here you go.

The title suggests that Jessa may have disagreed in at least a few minor ways with her upbringing. And she, as an adult individual, chose not to do certain things her parents did. 

If that is what you secretly hoped, click no further. Your hopes will be dashed yet again. 

Because Jessa sees her mum not as a person with her strengths and failings, but as a tremendous resource, a baby encyclopedia. So she asks her about everything. And all-knowing Michelle gives fantastic advice. And then she reminds Jessa "you don't have to do things excactly the way I did them honey, you have your own family. You are doing great". 

1. If you need your mum to tell you that, you are not a grown up. Because if you were a grown up, it would be you telling your mum that. 

2. For me this is also conclusive evidence that the 'differences' amount to things like the brand of daipers or the age to start with solids. If it was anything essential, could you imagine Michelle encouraging Jessa to figure out her own preferences? 

It's sad that I finally got around to watching the episode and the only thing that stuck out was that Jessa and Ben woke up at 3am for a 6am flight. I guess not everyone gets to the airport as early as I do.

Seriously, what was that episode about? They just kept showing clips that weren't interesting the first time around. There is no justification for how Derrick looked unless he was just rescued off an island. What bothers me is that why he would allow himself to look deranged when he is out "preaching" to people. He looks more Charles Manson than Joel Osteen. I am starting to wonder if he has some type of breakdown or is depressed. It is not normal to want to look like a person people cross the street to avoid. I can imagine him preaching on some street corner and people thinking that it is some type of illness causing the"preaching". 

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

No one should be that stupid.

1. This made me literally laugh out loud. 

2. You are correct, no one should be that stupid, but it seems JB &  DQ have raised a handful of, that stupid, I wanted to cry watching those girls practically drooling on the menus because they were too stupid to shut their mouths. And kept flapping those mouths about how they didn't know all those fancy words. 

2 hours ago, patsymae said:

I'm having a bout of insomnia and you inspired me to go and read some comments on the Counting On Facebook Page. Two standout comments from fellow snarkers:

1. "I'm Counting On never seeing these grifters again"

2. "Joyful in front of the cameras but likely screaming internally. Too bad the girls aren't allowed out of the house to get a meaningful education or explore a career option that doesn't involve cranking out babies faster than a Pez Dispenser." 

Thankfully there are people trying to counteract the leg humping and astronomically high levels of stupid. 

Just think about what the big suripse is my thoughts are that the news is health related. 

I dont feel like its a 2nd Dilly but some health problems with Derrick 

Archived