Game of Thrones Season 6

Anny Nym

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

@Buzzard

Hide contents

Shireen and Davos were close - I think it means Davos is going to go all out on Melisandre for good

Thats kind of what I figured

Spoiler

But Melisandre is kind of essential.  She brought Snow back and she's been showing up in a lot more episodes recently than she did in the past.  I feel like her magic is getting more and more important.

Finale Next Week! 

Predictions!

• Cersei's Trial! It seems pretty well telegraphed that she's going to do SOMETHING with Wildfire. Honestly I don't even care. I've been completely done with anything in King's Landing for most of this season. 
  • Something in the North. In the preview Jon's saying that Sansa and him need to trust each other while the white raven (which I believe is announcing the beginning of winter) flys toward Winterfell. Who are their enemies "now?" They just killed off the Boltons. I guess they are still at war with the Lannisters. And Jon's still a deserter. And the White Walkers. And Littlefinger just creeping around being creepy. 
  • Frey's again? UGH. Um, Red Wedding 2.0? Walder Frey can't live forever. 
  • Littlefinger and Sansa meeting next to the Weirwood. He did show up after most of Jon's army was killed. Please please don't marry Sansa and take over Winterfell. 
  • I am so excited to see Davos and Melisandre finally get into it. I hope she doesn't kill him, but the one rule of this show is that no one is safe. 
  • TOWER OF JOY! Winterfell Crypts! (I hope)
  • I bet Euron will be back next year and he'll make Ramsay Bolton look like Oscar the Grouch. 

How is there only 1 more episode for an entire year?!? UGH. 

I am hoping (and I know it's a .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance) that George annouces that Winds is done, he dropped if off at the publishers when he was in NY last month, and it will be published and availible for purchase August 2. 

Also, can we all take a moment to appreciate the new Queen in the North and HBIC Lyanna Mormont? FIERCE. 

Holy shit that was a great episode last night. 

Spoiler

I really liked how the shit hit the fan last night in Meereen when Dany got on Drogon and let him and his brothers do their thing to those ships. 

I was watching the Battle of the Bastards and more than once I thought gee the Starks are fucked.  So it was great to see the Knights of the Vale riding in and taking that pincer that had surrounded Jon's forces apart.  The battle scenes were better than many movie battles, including the ones in movies like Braveheart.

And yeah Iwan Rheon, Bolton got the slow and painful end he deserved, devoured by his own dogs. 

Jon's kicking ramsay's ass was the most satisfaying scene EVER. And all i can say is that this has been the in-between season. During this season everyone has gotten to the point they needed to be.

Winter has came. The wall will come down and shit will hit the fan next season. 

7 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Jon's kicking ramsay's ass was the most satisfaying scene EVER. And all i can say is that this has been the in-between season. During this season everyone has gotten to the point they needed to be.

Winter has came. The wall will come down and shit will hit the fan next season. 

You mean like this?

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I found the scene of Sansa letting the dogs out even more gratifying.   Could only watch little snips of the show on YT, but I did see that.  :chi-yes:

2 hours ago, Tikobaby said:

I found the scene of Sansa letting the dogs out even more gratifying.   Could only watch little snips of the show on YT, but I did see that.  :chi-yes:

My only complaint on that is I kinda wish Ghost had been in on it ....

On that note, do you think Nymeria will return? 

his death is up there with viserys for me on the "most gratifying death" scale.

maybe i'm alone in my opinion, but i can't stand sansa. she insisted on going after a complete monster, refused to stick up for her sister, was disloyal to her family, got into so much shit and was the basic damsel in distress...then she gets away with one lie and thinks she's a bamf? gtfoh, arya was totally serving up bitches their needle soup while sansa was still whimpering in king's landing. and then she pitches a fit at jon for not being counseled on the battle, then proceeds to offer no actual information of substance that jon couldn't have figured out on his own, when she could have told him ages ago that she sent for baelish! THAT would have been useful information to have, so then they could just stall ramsey until the knights of the vale got there. but no, she has to be all secretive and shit. fuck outta here. i don't care whatever she's been through, she gets no passes and no love from me. i hope petyr marries her and schools her ass.

sorry, it's been bothering me for a while, i just had to get that all out! back to your regularly scheduled commentary.

anyway...so, the only reason HIS death doesn't rank higher for me, is because jon didn't do it. the whole he who passes the sentence swings the sword and all that. i wouldn't have minded sansa being in attendance, but i would have loved it so much more had jon been the one speaking to ramsey.

as far as trouble for jon about not being at the wall, jon said it himself, his watch ended upon his death, so the fact that he's still alive means nothing. i think there's plenty of witnesses to belay any questions anyone might have on whether or not jon died. if it was a quicker resurrection, there might be questions, but to my knowledge he was dead a good couple of days. no faking that shit.

ahhh, cersei's trial being teased. i can't help but wonder what she has up her sleeve after her little comments to whats-his-face (i can never remember his name...the guy that brought the mountain back to life). she always seems to have something going on. i wonder if she has some dirt on the high sparrow? it might not be enough to shake his followers, but as long as it shakes the king's faith, methinks it will suffice. i think here we'll see who has the tighter grip on things: margaery or cersei.

we also haven't seen or heard of loras in quite a while. i wonder if we'll know anything by the end of the finale. both him and bronn.

i'm assuming arya is on her way to winterfell (so good fucking thing that it's back in stark hands) so if she doesn't make an appearance in the finale, i won't be too bothered about it.

and i'm so psyched about dany and yarra teaming up. bad bitches ftw! i have a feeling that if we see anything of dany in the finale, it won't be anything major, i'm assuming they'll hold off on leaving mereen until next season.

5 hours ago, browncoatslytherin said:

1. his death is up there with viserys for me on the "most gratifying death" scale.

2. maybe i'm alone in my opinion, but i can't stand sansa. she insisted on going after a complete monster, refused to stick up for her sister, was disloyal to her family, got into so much shit and was the basic damsel in distress...then she gets away with one lie and thinks she's a bamf? gtfoh, arya was totally serving up bitches their needle soup while sansa was still whimpering in king's landing. and then she pitches a fit at jon for not being counseled on the battle, then proceeds to offer no actual information of substance that jon couldn't have figured out on his own, when she could have told him ages ago that she sent for baelish! THAT would have been useful information to have, so then they could just stall ramsey until the knights of the vale got there. but no, she has to be all secretive and shit. fuck outta here. i don't care whatever she's been through, she gets no passes and no love from me. i hope petyr marries her and schools her ass.

sorry, it's been bothering me for a while, i just had to get that all out! back to your regularly scheduled commentary.

3. anyway...so, the only reason HIS death doesn't rank higher for me, is because jon didn't do it. the whole he who passes the sentence swings the sword and all that. i wouldn't have minded sansa being in attendance, but i would have loved it so much more had jon been the one speaking to ramsey.

4. as far as trouble for jon about not being at the wall, jon said it himself, his watch ended upon his death, so the fact that he's still alive means nothing. i think there's plenty of witnesses to belay any questions anyone might have on whether or not jon died. if it was a quicker resurrection, there might be questions, but to my knowledge he was dead a good couple of days. no faking that shit.

5. ahhh, cersei's trial being teased. i can't help but wonder what she has up her sleeve after her little comments to whats-his-face (i can never remember his name...the guy that brought the mountain back to life). she always seems to have something going on. i wonder if she has some dirt on the high sparrow? it might not be enough to shake his followers, but as long as it shakes the king's faith, methinks it will suffice. i think here we'll see who has the tighter grip on things: margaery or cersei.

6. we also haven't seen or heard of loras in quite a while. i wonder if we'll know anything by the end of the finale. both him and bronn.

7. i'm assuming arya is on her way to winterfell (so good fucking thing that it's back in stark hands) so if she doesn't make an appearance in the finale, i won't be too bothered about it.

8.and i'm so psyched about dany and yarra teaming up. bad bitches ftw! i have a feeling that if we see anything of dany in the finale, it won't be anything major, i'm assuming they'll hold off on leaving mereen until next season.

1. I agree, viserys had it coming, but really, ramsay had it coming more, it was very gratifying

2. Sansa isn't my favorite, but I think she got her revenge at least and went through a lot being Ramsay's wife. I think up until then, even through her marriage to Tyrion and the Vale stuff, she was still a bit naive. That opened up her eyes. So, glad she did it. I really hope she is smart enough not to marry Petyr, i'll be disappointed in her if she does. Luckily, he probalby wont' be a sadistic rapist.

3. I disagree... Jon doesn't have quite the same grudge as Sansa does....it seemed reasonable that she got to be the one to "get him" in the end.

4. I agree, his watch has definitely ended, he's out of his vow.

5. Qyburn!! It wasn't Cersei's trial though, it was Loras's (in the preview for next week) I think something will happen though, what with all the wildfire underneath the city that keeps being teased.

6. See #5

8. I agree....I think we MIGHT see her sailing out of Meereen, but that's about it.

qyburn! thank you, for some reason i can just never remember his name.

and i didn't realize it was loras' trial in the teaser, for some reason i thought it was cersei's. that will answer the question of what happened to him. i'm still insanely curious about what ace cersei is planning to have up her sleeve, since the mountain is out of the equation.

And of course someone with a fair bit of time on their hands did Game of Thrones: Leeeeeroy Jenkins!

LOL

I am still dying over the most recent episode. I haven't been on here in quite awhile (I got married, was really busy after and then went on vacation), but this was the first place on FJ I went as soon as I got some free time! 

I'm really anxious to find out what happens with the Faith and Cersei's trial. I have to keep reminding myself that I hate her because recently I've almost been feeling bad for her. She brought this on herself when she thought she could so smugly bring the Faith back to power without thinking of why they were banned in the first place! I'm hoping Margarery has come up with a plan to save Loras.

I have some random thoughts/questions. 

• Is Cersei going to burn down the Sept with wildfire before or after her trial? And how will Tommen die? There's no way he survives the finale. I hope Qyburn dies. 
  • Where has Varys been? (I have some suspicions but I won't spoil it for non-book readers.)
  • How is everyone getting around Westeros so quickly? Did they invent aeroplanes and steam engines while I wasn't looking? 
  • Will we see Arya in the finale? 
  • I'm still holding out a smidgen of hope for White Harbor. 
  • What will Bran do? 
  • Will we see Sam again? 
  • I bet we see Dorne again. Unfortunately. 
  • Will Sam fight his father? That seems dangerous. 
  • I do not like Littlefinger. I didn't like the actor on The Wire, either.

@Maggie Mae I've read the books and would like to know your theory about Varys. Also, I've only read the books through once (and it shamefully took me 2.5 years to do it). Out of my friends group I know more then most, but after reading your posts I'm realizing how much I've forgotten! I'm just starting to re-read them again to refresh myself! 

Spoiler

I've heard a rumor that LSH won't be appearing, BUT that the Blackfish's body will wash up and will be resurrected to take her place in the Brotherhood.

I'm also desperately hoping for the Manderlys to show up. It seems like we'll see another Frey wedding, so it's quite possible that it's not too late (I really hope he brings his "pies" to the wedding)

I'm totally unsure of Cersei's plans. I wonder if Tommen's death will accidentally be at her hands, and if so, she may go Mad King crazy. 

On June 22, 2016 at 7:26 AM, browncoatslytherin said:

his death is up there with viserys for me on the "most gratifying death" scale.

Me too. Except I kinda wanted Sansa to castrate him, in the public square, then taunt him as he bled out. But that's just me. The dogs were good too.

maybe i'm alone in my opinion, but i can't stand sansa. she insisted on going after a complete monster, refused to stick up for her sister, was disloyal to her family, got into so much shit and was the basic damsel in distress...then she gets away with one lie and thinks she's a bamf? gtfoh, arya was totally serving up bitches their needle soup while sansa was still whimpering in king's landing.

I actually like that they have had Sansa grow and change so much. Thinking about it, most of the GOT characters - while I love them all- and/or love to hate them- dont have very complex personalities.  Considering how traumatic their lives are 24/7, and how young so many were at the start. 

Remember, in Season 1, Sansa was only 13. I could completely see her being totally enthralled with the glamor of the big city, the idea of riches and royalty, and initially she had a big crush on Joffery. And just kind of fed up with her family and living in the backwoods. She was nasty and bitchy. But in a 13 year old mean girl ignorant kind of way.

But once life kicked her in the ass she did everything she could to survive , and seems to have grown up into a reasonably moral ( well, for that messed up world ) and smart and brave young woman. Tough, and jaded and I'm sure very schemey and trying to stay one step ahead of the game, she actually reminds me of some women I know who've been through way too much ( but still, lucky as hell they didn't grow up in Westeros ) . I think they changed her just enough . If they had made her turn too perfect or soft it wouldn't have been realistic IMHO. 

and then she pitches a fit at jon for not being counseled on the battle, then proceeds to offer no actual information of substance that jon couldn't have figured out on his own, when she could have told him ages ago that she sent for baelish! THAT would have been useful information to have, so then they could just stall ramsey until the knights of the vale got there. but no, she has to be all secretive and shit. fuck outta here. i don't care whatever she's been through, she gets no passes and no love from me. i hope petyr marries her and schools her ass.

Yea, totally agree on the not telling Jon anything useful after pitching a fit. But it did make for one of the most epic battlescenes and rescues ever.  I actually kind of think she and Petyr would be a hilarious power couple.

anyway...so, the only reason HIS death doesn't rank higher for me, is because jon didn't do it. the whole he who passes the sentence swings the sword and all that. i wouldn't have minded sansa being in attendance, but i would have loved it so much more had jon been the one speaking to ramsey.

as far as trouble for jon about not being at the wall, jon said it himself, his watch ended upon his death, so the fact that he's still alive means nothing. i think there's plenty of witnesses to belay any questions anyone might have on whether or not jon died. if it was a quicker resurrection, there might be questions, but to my knowledge he was dead a good couple of days. no faking that shit.

ahhh, cersei's trial being teased. i can't help but wonder what she has up her sleeve after her little comments to whats-his-face (i can never remember his name...the guy that brought the mountain back to life). she always seems to have something going on. i wonder if she has some dirt on the high sparrow? it might not be enough to shake his followers, but as long as it shakes the king's faith, methinks it will suffice. i think here we'll see who has the tighter grip on things: margaery or cersei.

love the interplay between Margery, her grandmother, and Cersei. I think I want to smack the shit out of Tommen, but I try to remember he's just a kid. But - man- he's been king a couple of years now - step up

THIS EPISODE.....

Spoiler

O M G....

I'm equal parts ecstatic and equal parts enraged. Cersei you evil horse butt face .... I wanted to see her CRUSHED after Tommen's death... And I liked Margaery....I hope she goes Mad Queen and Jamie is the one to take her out. 

But ARYA... ARYA CROSSING OFF HER LIST! It was BEAUTIFUL. MAGNIFICENT. Feeding Frey his own sons... EPIC.

Lyanna Mormont is a PRIZE. I freaking LOVE HER. She's such a little badass! 

Speaking of Lyanna -- I couldn't understand/hear what she was whispering to Ned. Did anybody catch it? I couldn't hear beyond 'promise me, Ned.' But now we know.... JON IS TARGARYEN BLOOD. 

I do NOT trust Littlefinger. I wanted Sansa to crush him. Slimeball....

31 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

THIS EPISODE.....

Reveal hidden contents

O M G....

I'm equal parts ecstatic and equal parts enraged. Cersei you evil horse butt face .... I wanted to see her CRUSHED after Tommen's death... And I liked Margaery....I hope she goes Mad Queen and Jamie is the one to take her out. 

But ARYA... ARYA CROSSING OFF HER LIST! It was BEAUTIFUL. MAGNIFICENT. Feeding Frey his own sons... EPIC.

Lyanna Mormont is a PRIZE. I freaking LOVE HER. She's such a little badass! 

Speaking of Lyanna -- I couldn't understand/hear what she was whispering to Ned. Did anybody catch it? I couldn't hear beyond 'promise me, Ned.' But now we know.... JON IS TARGARYEN BLOOD. 

I do NOT trust Littlefinger. I wanted Sansa to crush him. Slimeball....

Yeah I just watched the season finale too. 

Spoiler

That was fucking awesome.

Yeah Cersei went from starting to be a tiny bit sympathetic right back into evil personified territory by blowing up the Sept with wildfire, taking out the Sparrow, Margery, Loras, and Mac Tyrell in the process along with a bunch of people - some of whom were only guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Poor Tommen, he never had a chance.  He tried to be his own man and his mother took everything away from him, and he ended his own life rather than continue as her puppet.

Can't wait for season seven.

Spoiler

Cersei Lannister is officially on my shit-list. She deserves a death akin to her demon first born. Before, I disliked her but low-key respected her hustle....that is until she blew Margaery to bits. She also basically killed Tommen by not being there for him. 

I fucking loved Margaery and Natalie Dormer is one of my favourite actresses. She has charisma and a strong screen presence. I really thought Marge and her sassy grandma would be the ones to knock Cersei off her high horse. I also hate how she figured it out but was killed because of other people's stupidity. 

R.I.P Marge...I hope the Queen of Thorns avenges her granddaughter. 

I strongly believe Littlefinger is planning to pit Jon and Sansa against each other. I always say we should be concerned whenever he's not on-screen for a while because that means he's plotting. I low-key love Lord Baelish though. Aiden Gillen is a fantastic actor and really understands the complexity of his character. 

Jon Snow is so fucking clueless. I don't understand why everybody loves him so much. Honestly Sansa should be Queen of the North. Jon talks about trust but never gives Sansa enough credit which I think pisses her off (not that's she's looking for it)  I would love to see a Sansa vs. Cersei showdown.

My only fear is that Sansa learns to play the game so well that she morphs into Cersei. I hope she doesn't become too paranoid about trusting other people and solely ends up using them for her benefit. I also hope Littlefinger doesn't manipulate her into becoming resentful of Jon. I have a bad feeling Petyr's gonna fuck Sansa up.  So far she's been fighting to survive but Ramsey is dead and she has Winterfell. I wonder what she desires for herself in the future. 

LADY LYANNA MORMONT FUCKING SLAYS AT EVERYTHING! SOMEBODY GIVE HER A JUICE BOX! 

HOLY SHIT, R+L = J theory is confirmed!!11!!1!!!!11!

Oh Cersei.  What have you done.  I know you are standing there thinking you're all that.  That you've wiped multiple enemies off the field.  But what do we have coming at you?  A fleet.  With Dragons, The unsullied, dothraki and the pissed off folk of the iron islands.   And you used up what appeared to be all of your wildfire.   And let's not forget the Dornish looming to the south or the threat from north of the wall.

Of course Cersei returned to the dark side.  She had to.  With the death of Ramsay Bolton we had a void in the villain department that had to be filled.  I'm wondering if we'll now get the Jamie/Cersei split (of sorts)  we've had in the books but haven't seen onscreen.

Oh good, Sansa doesn't trust Little Finger.  That doesn't mean I trust him.  Just that she's aware.  I enjoyed the little smile she had during the "King of the North"  But I don't think we're done with sibling conflict.

Yay Dany tossed the guy to the curb.  And made Tyrion her hand. 

Loved the brief scene in Dorne.  I've thought for a while that Olenna might be able to out Cersei Cersei. 

Oh Arya.  I may have squealed when she pulled off the mask/face.   And seeing not just her cross names off her list and back in Westeros - but to off Walder Frey by slitting his throat in an echo/reminder of what happened to Catelin (sp) at the Red Wedding was awesome. 

And now the 9 month or so wait for next season. 

Archived