IGNORED

Game of Thrones Season 6

Anny Nym

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sansa knows that Jon isn't power hungry. She also fully understands that Winter has arrived and that the Night King is going to try to destroy everything. Jon makes the best rallying figure and he's the least dangerous towards Sansa and her own power. Sansa learned to play the game and Jon is her absolute best option. She also displayed disgust when Littlefinger tried to smear Jon in the Godswood. Sansa knew perfectly well that it ate at her mom that all of her Trueborn children looked more like Tully's while Jon looked exactly like a Stark. Also just like Sansa, Jon's reaction to Winter coming was wry amusement. Sansa knows he's a Northerner to his bones, just like Ned. 

I'm pretty sure Lyanna Mormont is Olenna's long lost great granddaughter hahaha.

When Jaime spoke of Cersei, he talked about what a good mother she was, how deeply she would love and sacrifice herself for their children. His face watching her coronation... Ugh. Every last lie he told himself about her was stripped bare. Her one redeeming quality never really existed. Cersei won her throne but she lost literally everything. I don't think Jaime will stay loyal. I think she'll descend into madness pretty rapidly. 

Arya's tour of Westeros should be a fun adventure. 

How can it be almost a year until there are new shows!?! I love the big -budget movie scale intensity and quality of the premium channel series - but hate the loooooooongggg wait between seasons, and only 10 episodes a year. Waaa...whine...

Just in love with GOT again this season, especially these last two episodes. Phenomenal. Season 5 was just too dark and depressing for me. 

I understand why people want Sansa to be ruler of the North.  But I really, really love that it's Jon Snow. The scene where he talked about the whole rest of the family being at the head of the table - while he was in the  main hall- how left out and less than he always felt , just based on what side of the sheets he was born......And then to not only sit at the head - but have the assembled Lords - led by the amazing Lady Mormont, pledge their alliengence. I admit...I may have cried a little. And remember, their line of succession is male led - but also by birth order and Jon is the older sibling. 

Really curious though if /when he finds out his true parentage -- would little finger then try to convince Sansa into making a claim? Would she want to? She's seen power close up, does she want that much power? What if Bran decides that being an all seeing-magical three eyed Raven would be more useful with some power attached?  For the ultimate fairy tale ending I'm completely in favor of a  Daney/Jon marriage a    So many questions! Such a long wait! 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I dont think he knows his lineage yet.

Even if he did (which he doesn't) he'd be Jon Targaryan.

23 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Even if he did (which he doesn't) he'd be Jon Targaryan.

Or Jon Sand. He's still a bastard. Rhaygar was married to Elia Martell when he ran off to the tower of joy with lyanna. 

57 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Or Jon Sand. He's still a bastard. Rhaygar was married to Elia Martell when he ran off to the tower of joy with lyanna. 

But there were at least a couple of cases of polygamy within the Targaryen royal line- isn't it possible Rhaegar married both Elia and Lyanna?

18 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I just watched the season finale too. 

Hide contents

That was fucking awesome.

Yeah Cersei went from starting to be a tiny bit sympathetic right back into evil personified territory by blowing up the Sept with wildfire, taking out the Sparrow, Margery, Loras, and Mac Tyrell in the process along with a bunch of people - some of whom were only guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Poor Tommen, he never had a chance.  He tried to be his own man and his mother took everything away from him, and he ended his own life rather than continue as her puppet.

Can't wait for season seven.

I was starting to feel bad for Cersei too, but now I'm backing to despising her. She might really be the ultimate villain. Ramsay was nasty and twisted but he's nothing compared to Cersei because she knows the game too well. I still think that she's going to be her own downfall. I thought Tommen was going to get torched by accident, but his death was still essentially at her hands. This has the be the turning point for her and Jamie's relationship. 

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

Why would his last name be Sand? If he's Rhaegar and Lyanna's kid, wouldn't his last name be Waters (I think that's the bastard name for the Crownlands). Or would it be Sand because of his place of birth, regardless of his parentage? If that was the case then he would've never been a Snow since he was born in the South. 

I'm pretty upset about the Tyrells. Margarery was so smart and I was sure that she knew what she was doing when she was pretending to go along with the Sparrow. I love Olenna, but how in the hell was she able to get to Dorne so quickly? I'm pretty sure I also saw her banners in the Dany's fleet, so how did she get ships to Mereen so quickly too? That's my only problem with this show, they had Varys to Westeros and back in the blink of an eye, when it really should have taken him months. I get that they have to speed things up for TV, but that was a little much.

Speaking of speeding up, Arya shocked the hell out of me. I thought we were done with her for the season. Seeing her kill Walder Frey was so satisfying! I know it's too much to hope for, but I would love if her and Bran both get to Winterfell around the same time so that the remaining Starks can at least see each other once more. 

I cried when the North was pledging their allegiance to Jon. I've always loved him, and I'm so happy to see he's finally treated the way he deserves. I don't think Littlefinger will be able to come between him and Sansa at all. She's on to him, and in time may be better than him at this game. 

I dont think he knows his lineage yet.

Yeah but I meant that since they've names him king in the north as the bastard son of Ned ... Will he cease to be Jon snow now?

3 minutes ago, housetyrell said:

I was starting to feel bad for Cersei too, but now I'm backing to despising her. She might really be the ultimate villain. Ramsay was nasty and twisted but he's nothing compared to Cersei because she knows the game too well. I still think that she's going to be her own downfall. I thought Tommen was going to get torched by accident, but his death was still essentially at her hands. This has the be the turning point for her and Jamie's relationship. 

Why would his last name be Sand? If he's Rhaegar and Lyanna's kid, wouldn't his last name be Waters (I think that's the bastard name for the Crownlands). Or would it be Sand because of his place of birth, regardless of his parentage? If that was the case then he would've never been a Snow since he was born in the South. 

I'm pretty upset about the Tyrells. Margarery was so smart and I was sure that she knew what she was doing when she was pretending to go along with the Sparrow. I love Olenna, but how in the hell was she able to get to Dorne so quickly? I'm pretty sure I also saw her banners in the Dany's fleet, so how did she get ships to Mereen so quickly too? That's my only problem with this show, they had Varys to Westeros and back in the blink of an eye, when it really should have taken him months. I get that they have to speed things up for TV, but that was a little much.

Speaking of speeding up, Arya shocked the hell out of me. I thought we were done with her for the season. Seeing her kill Walder Frey was so satisfying! I know it's too much to hope for, but I would love if her and Bran both get to Winterfell around the same time so that the remaining Starks can at least see each other once more. 

I cried when the North was pledging their allegiance to Jon. I've always loved him, and I'm so happy to see he's finally treated the way he deserves. I don't think Littlefinger will be able to come between him and Sansa at all. She's on to him, and in time may be better than him at this game. 

Or as they called it in the Trek universe, speed of plot.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TravelingAtTheSpeedOfPlot

If you look at the link they do mention Game of Thrones and how quickly it seemed some people moved around the GoT planet.  Journeys that should've taken months or years don't seem to be that long. 

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Yeah but I meant that since they've names him king in the north as the bastard son of Ned ... Will he cease to be Jon snow now?

He can legitimize himself, I suppose, as he's King now. I don't have an opinion on whether or not he would do such a thing. Such a stark (ha!) contrast to the scene with Theon and Yara, where Theon endorsed Yara for Queen of the Iron Islands. Jon could have been like "no, Sansa has the stronger claim" but he didn't. 

The season finale was riveting! I would give anything for a kiki with Lady Olenna and Li'l Lady Mormont. I have so many questions.

Did Cersei know she smoked her uncle, too? She truly is mad if she thinks she can rule with no money and no allies. Certainly Jaime, Qyburn and Mountain can't be enough, right?

Who has claim to the Twins and Riverlands now? Can anyone just roll up in there since the Lannisters headed back to KL?

Speaking of vacant property, who is minding Harrenhall? Is it still LF's?

Did Sansa ever know the story of LF and Cat?

Were those Varys's OG birds or was this crew entirely new?

How is Meera supposed to transport Bran?

Is Blackfish dead-dead or tv dead?

I would much appreciate more HoYay moments between Yara and Dany next season. Yara gots mad game. I'm feeling it. With Daario 2.0 out of the picture, maybe he'll be free to return to Orphan Black.

2 hours ago, Geechee Girl said:

I would much appreciate more HoYay moments between Yara and Dany next season. Yara gots mad game. I'm feeling it.

LOVED that scene!  Have always wanted to see more of Yara in the show and there's some chemistry with D. for sure . Hoping for more of it!   

I need MORE Lyanna Mormont. She is fucking great. The best thing that has ever happened to this show. So tiny and powerful. Tommen's dead seemed too... underwhelming, like he just said, meh, i'm done with this shit, see you in hell bitch.

And god, i wasn't expecting Arya. And now that we fknally have confirmation of Jon's parentage, is he a child born out of love or rape? I would say love, and legitimate. The dragon had 3 heads, and Elia wasn't going to give hkm the third one.And Damn, of course Jon is a better king in the north than sansa ever would.

I like Lady Lyanna Mormont too.  She seems like what Queen Elizabeth I, daughter of King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, might have been like as a child/young woman before she became Queen.  Strong, to the point, well aware of her position, and ready to shoulder the responsibilities. 

Spoiler

I cannot WAIT until season 7 now. Cersei and Dany facing off will be glorious. And I hope Dany and Yara become a couple.

also r.i.p Margaery. But that scene with Lady Olenna and the Sands was legendary. "What's your name again? Borbo? You look like an angry little boy." That scene was life-giving. Olenna is welcome to read me for filth anyday.

Dany dumping Daario was the ultimate #WasteHisTime2016

On 6/28/2016 at 8:10 AM, Fundie Bunny said:

I need MORE Lyanna Mormont. She is fucking great. The best thing that has ever happened to this show. So tiny and powerful. Tommen's dead seemed too... underwhelming, like he just said, meh, i'm done with this shit, see you in hell bitch.

And god, i wasn't expecting Arya. And now that we fknally have confirmation of Jon's parentage, is he a child born out of love or rape? I would say love, and legitimate. The dragon had 3 heads, and Elia wasn't going to give hkm the third one.And Damn, of course Jon is a better king in the north than sansa ever would.

Lyanna is a GODDESS. I read a neat tidbit - she was the first to declare for Jon as king. Lyanna .... who bears the name of Jon's real mother. 

I never knew fj had a game of thrones forum.  :my_confused: I'm so upset I missed discussing this season with you all. Well next year. But I have a ton of theories, and predicted a lot of the season correctly and incorrectly lol. 

Side note: the scene where tyrion and dany were talking, he totally was reflecting on his situation with shae and him not being brave enough to not bring her to kings landing. I think that is why he made that suggestion.

Archived