IGNORED

Game of Thrones Season 6

Anny Nym

@clueliss Have you read the books? I'm thinking about reading them, but I'm afraid it would be boring, as I already know what's gonna happen. I know at some point books and series are becoming different, but still.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I would absolute hate it if GRRM´s endgame would be " Jon is the secretTargaryen-PrinceWhoWasPromised-AzorAhai-basicallyDragonridin´Jesus-Superhero who saves the world by epic-battle-mode", as much as I would hate it if Dany really would conquer Westeros with her Dragons and make herself Queen of the 7 kingdoms... just because she could and has the dragons and 300 years ago her ancestors burned down the continent and made themselves rulers, solely because they had the big-ass dragons and so simply could too.

That would be a terrible cheesy, cheap and Disneyesque ending and I can´t possibly believe GRRM is going for that, because that´s not his style and I wonder where they will take us in the end book-wise and show-wise.

Saying that, I do NOT hope R+L=J  is true and I was glad they didn´t solve the mystery in the ToJ just yet.

Also, RIP Olly. That kid got waaay to much hate from the GoT fancommunity, I never understood that,  taking into context what he had to witness and endure. The last scene was so hard for me to watch, I couldn´t even make it through the whole scene, I had to look away and my DH to tell me when it was safe to look again. Fuck the "Fuck Olly" people, seriously!

I started the first book after stumbling into the first season.  I'm currently in the middle of a reread of book 4 (AFFC) and a reread of beginning/read of rest of book 5 (ADWD) after finding an alternative chapter order list (because someone mentioned it here at FJ - thank you).  Because of the differences (especially in books 3-5) between the series and the novels - you get some surprises.  So I'm not bored.  And it's a good refresher at times.  And I'm one of those people who is typically hypercritical of screen adaptations so seeing it first then reading is preferred.

On 12/5/2016 at 9:22 AM, Melissa1977 said:

@clueliss Have you read the books? I'm thinking about reading them, but I'm afraid it would be boring, as I already know what's gonna happen. I know at some point books and series are becoming different, but still.

I read the first book right after finishing season 1. Got so hooked that by the time season 2 started I had read all of the books including number 5 that came out that summer. A storm of swords was my favourite

I'm ready for Walder Frey to exact revenge for the deaths of Walda and baby. I'm praying Sansa had access to some kind of Plan B. 

For the book people: What happened to King Robert's bastard son who was raped by Melissandre?

14 hours ago, Geechee Girl said:

I'm ready for Walder Frey to exact revenge for the deaths of Walda and baby. I'm praying Sansa had access to some kind of Plan B. 

For the book people: What happened to King Robert's bastard son who was raped by Melissandre?

Didn't happen in the books. Gendry never met her.

He did, however, decline sex with Bella, another one of Robert's bastards. 

He also never met Davos. His story ended when he decided to stay with the brotherhood as a smith, instead of leaving with Arya. 

I've finally decided to watch. Damn, they really have screwed the Dorne storyline. I'm so confused, i don't know what's from the books or from tv anymore, i don't even undertsand what the hell is going on. Bjt i have to say that snow's naked butt was more than pleasant to see :pb_lol:

Haven't read the books and don't have cable so I've watched seasons 1-5 on blu-ray and am getting little glimpses of season 6 on YT.  Just saw the scene with Dany and the Dothraki bonfire...loved it!   Arya, Sansa, and Dany are my favorites...like Tyrion and the dragons too, of course.  :my_shy:

18 hours ago, Tikobaby said:

Haven't read the books and don't have cable so I've watched seasons 1-5 on blu-ray and am getting little glimpses of season 6 on YT.  Just saw the scene with Dany and the Dothraki bonfire...loved it!   Arya, Sansa, and Dany are my favorites...like Tyrion and the dragons too, of course.  :my_shy:

Sansa and Tyrion are my favourites.

And I miss Khal Drogo hahahaha

20 hours ago, Tikobaby said:

Dany is back and she's pissed off.  I wonder if that was all the Khals in the temple or if there were others still out in the wild now who might want to oppose her now?

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Sansa and Tyrion are my favourites.

And I miss Khal Drogo hahahaha

I miss him too. KHAL DROGO IS BAE OF ALL THE LAND!

On 5/19/2016 at 8:46 AM, TacoCat said:

I miss him too. KHAL DROGO IS BAE OF ALL THE LAND!

O.G. Daario wasn't hurtful to the eye, but Oberyn was FINE! 

19 hours ago, Anny Nym said:

I am just leaving this here... :D

U1FSeXd.png

Yes!!! I love Brienne, and I think she should live happily ever after with the big red-headed Wildling whose name I can't remember! :my_heart: 

Also, I was so, so happy that Jon Snow and Sansa were reunited quickly and they didn't drag it out. 

Has anyone seen the Game of Thrones version of Risk? It looks awesome!

They made me cry.  

Spoiler

Because, Hodor

they also made me cheer

Spoiler

Because Yula (I think that is the name) stealing most of the fleet was brilliant.

And Sansa - I'm not getting the warm fuzzies for what you did there.

Yara is the show's name for Theon's sister. She's called Asha in the books.  And I think she's playing the part of Victorian Greyjoy. But it also appears that Jonah and the new red priestess are taking over one part of Victarion's story. 

Hodor was sad, but I'm more torn up about Summer. What are they going to do to Ghost? 

And I was yelling at Sansa and Brianne. Don't let Littlefinger go! 

Why does this show hate direwolves so much? Poor Summer and Willis. Stupid Bran! He can go sit in a corner somewhere. 

We got a little movement on A Girl's storyline. I'm ready for her to graduate from the School of Assassins. A Man is still hot.

Yara for the win! If she pairs up with Dany and Brienne, they'll be an unstoppable force of girl power.  

Sansa has me flip-flopping. She was a true child of the North with LF. There was no reason to lie to Bae. How in the world did she sew so fast? She's only been at Castle Black for a minute.

Things like the sewing to me is a tiny indication of how much time they are trying to show has passed.  She hasn't been there a short time.  She's been there long enough to sew two garments. 

And I'd like to thank the producers for giving us a Ramsey break.

7 minutes ago, clueliss said:

And I'd like to thank the producers for giving us a Ramsey break.

I can't bear watching that character's horrendous actions.  I FF on all our blu-rays past him.

I like Yara.  :my_shy:

On 21/05/2016 at 11:27 AM, Tikobaby said:

I think his name is Tormund...or something like that.

Tormund Giantsbane 

For the book readers, I'm going to ramble a bit here. 

Spoiler

When we last saw Sansa, she was in the Vale with Littlefinger. She's being betrothed to Harry the Heir, who, according to a sample chapter 

Spoiler

is a complete and total tool. 

The Blackfish is still missing, and Nymeria's pack is ravaging the Riverlands. Lady Stoneheart is also in the Riverlands, hanging Freys and leading the remaining Brothers without Banners. (Some of them split off after Beric died for real, no word on Gendry.) If Sansa is headed to the Riverlands, (on the show) will she be taking over the work of Lady Stoneheart? Or will Brienee? Or will we see LSH after all? We also left Brienne in the Riverlands with LSH. 

I thought for a minute that maybe Brienne would marry Tormund to take the place of the missing Val-Karstark wedding. 

Davos brought up Manderlay! Oh I so want to see some sweet revenge from Ser Manderlay. I also want to see his castle but I suppose I don't get everything I want. OH and I also SO want to see 10year old Lyanna Mormont, head of House Mormon and writer of the message"Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is STARK." 

How sad was it that Arya was essentially playing herself in the fictionalized version of her father's beheading? Also I could have done without the genital warts. 

I may have laughed at the warts - because too. much. female. nudity.  

And, that character you mention behind the spoiler who we haven't seen in the series intrigues me in the books.

Archived