IGNORED

Game of Thrones Season 6

Anny Nym

Anyone else superhyped for the 6th season? :)

I certainly am  - just 16 days, 3hours, 2 Minutes and 55 seconds to go until it premiers on HBO!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sooooooo excited! I have to work the night of the premiere so I won't be able to watch it until the next morning. I'm so upset about it! 

I need to sign up for HBO to go (or whatever) because I killed cable but want to see this.  

When the show premiered i was sure i was going to read the books before seeing the show. I don't know what i am going to do now. Should i spend the next 8 or so years avoiding the show and everything online just for the sake of reading it or just screw it up and watch the show? :smiley-signs131: It's going to be hard

• 2 weeks later...

I watched.  

And the HBONow app on my Roku worked very nicely.  I wasn't expecting to see it live and could.  

I started the show before reading the books. The books take so long to get through. Seasons 4 and 5 came out before I finished all 5 books!

I am reading the books as well as watching the show. This is actually one of the few times I have done both together. I appreciated the insight the books provided to the characters that the show just can not do justice to. 

I am not even rushing the books, I am only half way through A Clash of Kings (I am also reading 5 other books). As moteldad isn't reading the books I also don't want to ruin the show for him as I can't seem to keep my mouth shut when I know the outcome of something. I am horrid to watch anything with.

Love GoT...I was hoping the people I watch with would stop complaining that it isn't following the books.  That's because it's NOT the books and the books aren't even PUBLISHED (still).  Apples and oranges! 

Movies/TV will never match the book.  Considering the size of Martin's tomes the series would go on forever.  And I suspect the series producers plan to wrap things up eventually - unlike Martin who keeps blowing deadlines.

So are we all now over the awwwwwkward bed time scene with Melisandre yet? :D

Looks like we got to see Bran next season and ToJ flashback on Mother´s Day!

The Melisandre scene - first I thought 'here we go again, more gratuitous nudity.  And then it took that twist.  And I thought, ohhhhhh.  Then of course I thought, and you could have communicated that with clothes on.  

6 hours ago, TacoCat said:

HE'S BACK!!!

YES!!!!! But. Whenever someone is revived from the dead, they come back changed somehow, with less of themselves than before, if that makes sense. Example One: Ser Beric Dondarrion.

Every time I come back, I'm a bit less. Pieces of you get chipped away."

―Beric Dondarrion

I think the fallout from Jon coming back will be not as intensive as in Beric Dondarrion´s case. Guy came back already 6 or so times. Almost cat level!

Ramsay really took the cake, even for Bolton standards, didn´t he ?

And my favorite moment: Yara Greyjoy back on screen, YAY YARA! :) Now Theon could pretty please finally go home and have a reunion with his sister...?

This is what I do, I drink and I know things - awesome line of the night.

I may have to go back and watch the last two episodes.  Wait, who am I kidding.  I have HBO Now i may stage my own rewatch from the beginning.  

They pack so much into an episode and it ends too soon.

On 3 May 2016 at 4:20 PM, Anny Nym said:

I think the fallout from Jon coming back will be not as intensive as in Beric Dondarrion´s case. Guy came back already 6 or so times. Almost cat level!

Ramsay really took the cake, even for Bolton standards, didn´t he ?

And my favorite moment: Yara Greyjoy back on screen, YAY YARA! :) Now Theon could pretty please finally go home and have a reunion with his sister...?

Oh yes, for sure he won't be as bad as Ser Beric, but I do think something will have changed in him.

Ramsay is the most evilest of evil people. He sets a new level of awfulness every time. I watched a GoT "making of" show, and the actor that plays him was so cheerful and normal, it was kind of disconcerting. I mean, obviously he isn't like Ramsay really because he's acting - duh!! But still, I kept doing a sort of double take lol

1 hour ago, DaffyDill said:

Oh yes, for sure he won't be as bad as Ser Beric, but I do think something will have changed in him.

Ramsay is the most evilest of evil people. He sets a new level of awfulness every time. I watched a GoT "making of" show, and the actor that plays him was so cheerful and normal, it was kind of disconcerting. I mean, obviously he isn't like Ramsay really because he's acting - duh!! But still, I kept doing a sort of double take lol

Yes, it actually did, you are right. There was a recent interview with Kit on EW, I just did read it yesterday. He talks about how Jon would be changed after he came back. I won´t spoiler it, but it was very interesting.

Iwan Rheon is just great. I wonder if he will play only "baddie" roles from now on :D.

3 hours ago, Anny Nym said:

Iwan Rheon is just great. I wonder if he will play only "baddie" roles from now on :D.

He is such a dream of an actor . Love the way he plays Ramsay, loved him as the quirky/creepy Simon in Misfits and (can't remember the character name) in Residue. 

Hello! I always write in the quiverfull forums, but I just realised this one. I love Game of Trones. Sorry if I write some name wrong, I watch the series in Spanish, and some names are traduced here.

I really hope Sansa keeps safe in this season, I like that character, she was posh at the beginning but she's becoming strong. And yes, Ramsay is extreme, I'm not naif but it's painful to watch sometimes, some scenes are beyond my limits.

I liked to watch Bran again.

Are there rules in this forum, you know, against spoilers or something? because I've been told some theories about Jon Snow heritage but I don't know if I can write it here.

Welcome!!

I don't believe there are spoiler rules.   

And is anyone watching After the Thrones?  It started with this season.  I'm enjoying their analysis and features such as Who the F@#k is that? and Ask the Expert.  (the joy of HBO Now is that I can watch it when I want).  

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

Welcome!!

I don't believe there are spoiler rules.   

And is anyone watching After the Thrones?  It started with this season.  I'm enjoying their analysis and features such as Who the F@#k is that? and Ask the Expert.  (the joy of HBO Now is that I can watch it when I want).  

I heard that Jon Snow wasn't the son of Ed Stark but his nephew, the son of her sister (who married the King Robert and then died) and Ed told everybody the baby was his bastard, just to protect him.

Also listened the theory that Jon is a Targarian and he has dragon blood, as Daeneris.

If it has been already discussed, sorry for repeating it.

Right now I am a bit fascinated by Melisandre saying that she thinks he is the prince that was promised and being reminded that Dany when she had the vision in book 1 (season - eh not sure) hearing her brother Rheagar (spelling???) saying the same thing and it being through in that context it was his son but what if it meant someone else. (and grammarly hates a sentence or two above and I'm leaving it)

Archived