IGNORED

Game of Thrones Season 6

Anny Nym

POSSIBLY SPOILER +++ POSSIBLY SPOILER +++

Okay....

So was anyone else, especially the bookreaders here, underwhelmed with Euron´s claim at the Kingsmoot? I mean, I loved the Kingsmoot itself. Finally some lovely brother/sister dynamic between Theon and Yara  ( was so disappointed that they didn´t hug in the big hugger-naut episode last week, I was all like " Hug, you salty fucks!" :D)  and I LOVE Aeron. Michael Feast is great, the slight glares and glances he gave ...spot on.

But Euron... no eyepatch, NO DRAGONBINDER, just strutting in, basically saying "dick joke, dick joke, lol same plan as Yara, but I´ll gonna pork that Targaryen lady with my big dick and grab her by the dragons...". Ugh! I hoped he would just drown, no wonder Aeron didn´t want  to give him CPR.

And a word on dicks: I am so over the dick jokes in GoT right now, everytime Varys is on screen someone just needs to mention he has none. Are his robes see-through? And that scene with Theon was so painful to watch. Poor Theon :(.

That certain close up out of nowhere  (warts and all...) was a big FU from D&D for people complaining about the lack of male genitals in the show, I guess :pb_mrgreen:.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No hugs never bothers me - I'm not necessarily a huggy type person.  

Tormund's continuing "looks" toward Brienne are giving me life! What a surprisingly sad and interesting episode though.

Spoiler

Little details that no one else in the blogosphere seems interested in today: Greensight can cause weird timeline loops, what?! The children of the forest created the white walkers, what?! If someone sees/touches Bran in a green dream, they can Harry-Potter-snatcher-style find him in real life, what?!?!

Great episode. I'm reluctantly enjoying this season a lot more than I expected to.

@NakedKnees I'm looking forward to catching After the Thrones later on HBO (now in my case).  They've been doing a good job of breaking down some of the details and important how stuff works in GOT/GOT history stuff.  I'm hoping they cover what you have spoilered.  

2 hours ago, Anny Nym said:

So was anyone else, especially the bookreaders here, underwhelmed with Euron´s claim at the Kingsmoot? I mean, I loved the Kingsmoot itself. Finally some lovely brother/sister dynamic between Theon and Yara  ( was so disappointed that they didn´t hug in the big hugger-naut episode last week, I was all like " Hug, you salty fucks!" :D)  and I LOVE Aeron. Michael Feast is great, the slight glares and glances he gave ...spot on.

I am underwhelmed with the Kingsmoot. Euron's claim is nothing more than "I have a penis and these guys don't. Oh and I killed the king." At least in the book he probably paid a faceless man to kill Balon so that he could appear Holy or whatever. Actually the religions of the Known World aren't talked about very much on the show. I mean, we've got the Red Priestesses running about and they talk about the 7 faces, and the Old Gods and the New, but the Ironborn religion is just kind of glossed over. The ironborn culture stuff would be hard to cram into this show. I still would have liked to have seen more of Aeron, with a flashback. 

But Euron... no eyepatch, NO DRAGONBINDER, just strutting in, basically saying "dick joke, dick joke, lol same plan as Yara, but I´ll gonna pork that Targaryen lady with my big dick and grab her by the dragons...". Ugh! I hoped he would just drown, no wonder Aeron didn´t want  to give him CPR.

This all bothers me. I understand that they probably didn't want to do the eyepatch for continuity reasons and because it's too piraty (or maybe Disney has a trademark on eyepatches used on pirate type characters.) But UGH. Euron has an eyepatch to cover up his eye of malice. 

And the drowning ritual includes CPR! But I guess it's more magical if they all just stand there and stare. What if he didn't come back? Would they elect someone else? And then they all drown? Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony! Next week, what? Some watery tart going to chuck a sword at Euron? 

And a word on dicks: I am so over the dick jokes in GoT right now, every time Varys is on screen someone just needs to mention he has none. Are his robes see-through? And that scene with Theon was so painful to watch. Poor Theon :(.

That certain close up out of nowhere  (warts and all...) was a big FU from D&D for people complaining about the lack of male genitals in the show, I guess :pb_mrgreen:.

I'm glad they brought back the Varys magical connection. I was beginning to think that they dropped that plot line. 

This week man.... ::fetal position::

Buzzfeed put out an interesting list of things they hope happen/think might happen this season. Sansa being pregnant seems to be a popular theory right now. I hope not. I've never been a fan of hers but RAMSEY...  I so hope he gets killed off this season. BF thinks he will.

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

This week man.... ::fetal position::

Buzzfeed put out an interesting list of things they hope happen/think might happen this season. Sansa being pregnant seems to be a popular theory right now. I hope not. I've never been a fan of hers but RAMSEY...  I so hope he gets killed off this season. BF thinks he will.

I begin to like Sansa when she married Tyrion and was nice to him. And now she's one of my favourites, because she's becoming strong and because she has suffered too much!

Sometimes I like fictional evil characters, but not at Ramsey level. He's disgusting and his extreme cruelty disturbs me. I hope he's killed this season. If he's not killed, at least I hope Sansa remains far from him.

I also think Sansa is pregnant.

I don't like the pregnancy idea but I can see it happening.

I read something last week (prior to the last episode) that talked about how Ramsey has become such a big stereotypical villain that is sort of almost has to be killed out (please).  (he's become a mustache twirler for me and I'm never really happy to see those)

Ramsey will die sooner or later, the King of the north is a stark, if no man kille him, the white walkers will

The mentioned House Manderly last episode. Wouldn't it be nice if instead of Frey pies we got a Bolton pie? Except Roose is already gone so there would be no one to feed it to. 

I guess the most fitting end would be death by direwolves. Nymeria and Ghost are still alive. 

And then my mind goes Oh, what if Littlefinger really did understand what Sansa was not saying/saying in that scene?  then the point of letting him go would be to use said not stated piece of infornation. 

Or I may me slight bats

The Hodor thing was shocking. I like the story of Bran and the magical part of the series. 

I'd like to see Theon killing Ramsey.  Too soap-opera maybe, I know.

Melisandre is depressed, isn't her? And the Meereen priestess (priest lady??) is not someone to trust.

I suppose in next episode Jamie's soldiers will   attack the Sparrow. This cult is very fundie, isn't it? I can see Steve Maxwell joining hahaha.

18 hours ago, clueliss said:

And then my mind goes Oh, what if Littlefinger really did understand what Sansa was not saying/saying in that scene?  then the point of letting him go would be to use said not stated piece of infornation. 

Or I may me slight bats

Do you think he knew how badly Ramsey was going to treat Sansa? He seemed to like her, and considering how much he loved Sansa's mother, I think he though Sansa would be ok with Ramsey. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not sure.

Littlefinger knows way too much and has played all sides the entire time.  Not sure if he knew - but I think he understood what Sansa was trying to convey and that she let him 'go' for a reason.  And that she might have been more explicit/specific had Brienne not been there 

I was much more interested by the summary of the Damphair chapter that GRRM read at Balticon yesterday than the show.  So disturbing.  

But regardless, this is the place to talk about the show. 

North of the Wall

I figured someone would have to come along and help Bran and Meera.  I guessed it would be either Coldhands or Benjen. It makes sense to combine the characters.  Ben has a very, um, inefficient, weapon. I wonder if we'll see them again before the finale.  

Oh! Visions of the Mad King and wildfire! 

King's Landing

I'm so bored with this plotline. I was distracted by Jaime riding the horse up the stairs.  Mace Tyrrell made me laugh a bit with his posturing on the horse...that was being lead. Tommen, meh. At least Margery didn't pledge her life to the sparrows. Jaime's storyline is so bad these days.  It's a shame they left out C's madness and transformation into Robert. 

The Reach

what is Sam going to do? Where is he going to go?  Where did baby Sam get blond hair and blue eyes?

Braavos

At least the scenes of Arya getting hit with a stick are nearly done. Maybe she'll steal the waif's face. Sad that the mummers troop is probably done on the show.  

Dothraki Sea

You've done this before,  Dany. Ooh another speech.

And how surprising.  She needs 1000 ships.  Euron commissioned 1000 ships (putting aside the fact that ship building takes time and resources.)

The Dragon was pretty cool though.  Creepy tongue at the end. 

Did I miss anything?  We didn't see Ramsey or the Greyjoys. 

You left out whatshisname threatening his useless sons because they let Blackfish get away.

I might have thought, about danged time she found needle.

Baby Sam is the wilding/Mance Rader kid isn't he  - hence why he looks like no one.

And I might have enjoyed the creepy high sparrow guy out thinking Cersei and the Tyrells. 

41 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Baby Sam is the wilding/Mance Rader kid isn't he  - hence why he looks like no one.

That was book only.This kid is the kid of Gilly & Gilly's father, which I guess I just assumed would look like Gilly. I don't remember what Craster looked like, only that he is/was missing an ear in the book and is so old his hair is turning white. I guess I just don't think of wildlings as blond haired/blue eyed. :/

Walder Frey had me cackling. He's older than Methuselah, paranoid, and has no filter. His frustration with the incompetency of his progeny is a hoot.

There's stiff competition for Father of the Year in Westoros. I want Gilly to stick a fork into Sam's dad.

Wassup with Benjen? Is he undead, too? 

8 hours ago, Geechee Girl said:

Walder Frey had me cackling. He's older than Methuselah, paranoid, and has no filter. His frustration with the incompetency of his progeny is a hoot.

There's stiff competition for Father of the Year in Westoros. I want Gilly to stick a fork into Sam's dad.

Wassup with Benjen? Is he undead, too? 

"You lost it...?!" was the funniest scene of the whole episode :D .

Benjen is now basically a White Walker, but a good one. The CotF debugged their obsidian computer chip as it seems.

"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds"

Thank god that little shit of Tommen will be dead before season 7 is over, because he is getting on my never so fucking haaaaaaaard. And combinan benjen and coldhands? I don't know, I don't like it. And Jamie will kill Cersei as soon as she get full blown Aerys.

And Dany,  I've lost all of my faith on her. She will not get the Iron throne. I doubt there will even be an Iron throne.

(By the way, the fuck was benjen doing? Rabbit Juice?  He was literally squeezing an animal like an orange)

2 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds"

Thank god that little shit of Tommen will be dead before season 7 is over, because he is getting on my never so fucking haaaaaaaard. And combinan benjen and coldhands? I don't know, I don't like it.

The only reason I'm ok with it is that it's one less character for the casuals to get confused about. I have enough to explain to people on monday mornings without giving the history of coldhands. :)

And Jamie will kill Cersei as soon as she get full blown Aerys.

I think they've really screwed up this story line. Jaime doesn't know about Lancel yet. Cersei isn't slowly drifting towards paranoia and insanity. She's just cruel, like always. 

And Dany,  I've lost all of my faith on her. She will not get the Iron throne. I doubt there will even be an Iron throne.

I do think  Cersei will burn it down rather than let someone else sit the Iron Throne. 

(By the way, the fuck was benjen doing? Rabbit Juice?  He was literally squeezing an animal like an orange)

LOL. 

I actually like season 6, it's very entertaining. I don't expect GoT to be an excellent drama, it's just fiction aventures.

I suppose at some point, Jon Snow and Dany will fight ( or reach and agreement) for the iron throne. Both of them will fight the white walkers for sure.

Tommen will be killed of course, but nobody cares. I think maybe Maergery is just pretending she's on the sparrow cult, to be freed. But she's smart and ambitious, so maybe she'll give us some surprises.

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I actually like season 6, it's very entertaining. I don't expect GoT to be an excellent drama, it's just fiction aventures.

I suppose at some point, Jon Snow and Dany will fight ( or reach and agreement) for the iron throne. Both of them will fight the white walkers for sure.

Tommen will be killed of course, but nobody cares. I think maybe Maergery is just pretending she's on the sparrow cult, to be freed. But she's smart and ambitious, so maybe she'll give us some surprises.

You're watching it in spanish right? How did they translate the hodor situation?

40 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

You're watching it in spanish right? How did they translate the hodor situation?

I used to watch in Spanish but I'm watching this season in English subtitled in Spanish. They traduced it literally (la "puerta" -made not sense). But I think in the Spanish spoken version, they traduced door as "portón" (portón, portoooo, hodoooor).

So now, theon's brother is a lesbian. Just like that, for the shock value. I am so done with watching boobs on this show

11 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

So now, theon's brother is a lesbian. Just like that, for the shock value. I am so done with watching boobs on this show

I didn't think it was shocking at all. I don't mind the boobs. Boobs are boobs. They are a part of people's bodies. I was actually pleased that there was no big shocking reveal. It was just "oh, yara wants sex too" 

Or it was about power.

Spoiler

She's not gay in the books and GRRM even made a few remarks about Asha (yara) not being gay in the books, although there are other gay characters. 

Archived