IGNORED

Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon part 5

Criscat

18 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It may be a bit controversial to say, but I'm convinced that every kid born after they started getting on TV (so Jackson on down) was born for publicity.

Or, as the Duggars would put it, the children were born for their ministry.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, nst said:

but I never liked that the kids would ask the mother constantly if she was pregnant 

such an intimate thing 

When its all you hear (i.e. even the cycle calender on display )  and what your family is all about publicly  can see it as a common family topic. I can see kids bringing it up all the time. Also people who spot them in public, and don't really know what to say, ask "When is the next baby?!  or How many kids do you have?! - It's all about the babies, they are schooled that at home and away ALL the time.

1 minute ago, nst said:

but I never liked that the kids would ask the mother constantly if she was pregnant 

such an intimate thing 

They have no boundaries in sexual matters. I wonder if the kids were asking in anticipation or dread?

1 minute ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

They have no boundaries in sexual matters. I wonder if the kids were asking in anticipation or dread?

maybe they thought it was a fun game ?

There was speculation that Josiah was upset when they announced #20. The older girls looked excited. It's hard to rell what's real and what's staged for the cameras. If JB calls them for a big announcement, and the cameras are there, they probably guessed.

50 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

There was speculation that Josiah was upset when they announced #20. The older girls looked excited. It's hard to rell what's real and what's staged for the cameras. If JB calls them for a big announcement, and the cameras are there, they probably guessed.

I think he was visibly upset on camera, but after what happened with Josie, it could have just been fear that something would happen to his mother/new baby. Of course, it could also be because he wasn't happy about another freakin' kid. We'll never know. 

11 minutes ago, Casserole said:

I think he was visibly upset on camera, but after what happened with Josie, it could have just been fear that something would happen to his mother/new baby. Of course, it could also be because he wasn't happy about another freakin' kid. We'll never know. 

Or maybe one of the other kids pinched him or something. I bet there is a lot of sneak attacks going on with all those young boys! I only had one son, but spent two years as a cub scout leader. They could not leave each other alone. 

Why is it a big deal that Ben went to a concert without Jessa? Married couples aren't attached at the hips. They can spend some time apart and be perfectly fine.

My husband is a big heavy metal fan and already has tickets for a concert in November. I hate that kind of music so there's no way I'm going with him. Besides, I already made plans to overeat and watch netflix that night :)

18 minutes ago, JuanitaBanana said:

Why is it a big deal that Ben went to a concert without Jessa? Married couples aren't attached at the hips. They can spend some time apart and be perfectly fine.

My husband is a big heavy metal fan and already has tickets for a concert in November. I hate that kind of music so there's no way I'm going with him. Besides, I already made plans to overeat and watch netflix that night :)

That's kind of like saying, "So what if your cat knows how to read? I know how to read too!" These are Duggars we're talking about, not normal people. :kitty-shifty:

7 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

That's kind of like saying, "So what if your cat knows how to read? I know how to read too!" These are Duggars we're talking about, not normal people. :kitty-shifty:

I don't know. Jessa has always seemed fairly independent to me. I mean, if Derrick went out without Jill...then it would seem weird. Poor guy couldn't eat lunch at work without his wife tagging along.

4 minutes ago, JuanitaBanana said:

I don't know. Jessa has always seemed fairly independent to me. I mean, if Derrick went out without Jill...then it would seem weird. Poor guy couldn't eat lunch at work without his wife tagging along.

Well, I think it's kind of significant one way or the other. If Jessa is showing the slightest bit of independence and is fine with it, that's un-Duggar-like. If she's upset about it but Ben just doesn't care, that would indicate trouble in paradise.

I really don't understand exactly what Ben and Jessa's future plans are. A lot of what they're talking about seems to conflict:

Ben is studying at Moody and it appears he'll need to spend a year in Chicago to complete his degree.

But he wants to have a "ministry" of showing up and having opinions in the "inner city" in St. Louis.

But they also want to adopt the instant their fish baby is old enough, which requires a homestudy and demonstrating some measure of stability. I can't imagine such a young couple with such a short length of marriage and a young baby being given any sort of pass on that. So they would presumably have to have a fixed address throughout the process, and getting a homestudy done and being matched with a child can take quite some time no matter what form of adoption you do. 

None of the above-mentioned plans would generate any sort of income and would require financial resources, so presumably they also intend to have their primary career be a certain reality show that films in Arkansas.

So... where exactly are they going to be and what are they doing? They seem all over the place.

They're young & sensibility is not their strong suit. They will find out all these details in time. Adopting is like climbing a greased brick wall. Every step has a catch and a time line just has not occurred to these kids yet. They are just playing house.

As for the concert, I could tell Jessa wasn't buying the inner city & rap thing. I love Josh Groban but Mr Granola would rather hang himself in a closet. About how I feel when football season rolls around. And we've been together almost 49 years. We did enjoy Peter, Paul & Mary together for most of our marriage.

My take on Jessa/Ben. When Jill and Derick were pre-courting/courting, she said that she asked Derick a lot of relationship questions to see if they were compatible. I'm assuming that Jessa and Ben did too since what else would they have to talk about. If Jessa asked teenaged Ben would you ever go out for a night socializing without me if we were married, I bet his answer would have been absolutely no. He was so smitten, etc. that he probably thought that he'd want to spend every available moment in bed with Jessa. Now that he's married and has a baby, he realizes that you can't have sex 24 hours a day and there are other enjoyable ways to spend your time. I don't think either of them really anticipated either one of them developing an outside interest that didn't include their spouse. Jessa might be okay with Ben going out and leaving her with the baby, but I don't think we'll ever see a similar scenario like Jessa attending a classical music concert with a mixed gender group of single friends. She might be disappointed that Ben is growing/changing/evolving which isn't bad, but maybe not what she expected. Maybe that's one of the problems with marrying a teenager.

Hello, again, lol. I know I rarely post, and I hope you all don't find that too terribly strange (usually it's that everything I want to say has already been said by someone else, or life gets in the way, or my own personal stupid fears, haha), but I feel like Ben is doing the thing that a lot of us 20-somethings do. He's trying to find his way in the world, y'know? I'm in college right now and a lot of my friends have a new career goal every other month. We're finding out about all these opportunities and whatnot and trying to figure out what we want to do with our lives. The difference is that w/Benjeezy, he actively has a wife and child. And will probably have more children. For him, the situation is a little more pressing because he NEEDS to provide for his family and he has to be the sole provider according to their belief system.

I'm DEFINITELY not about him ben-istering in the ~inner city~ because he probably won't pull his head out of his ass long enough to realize that the people there have different life experiences, etc, that need to be addressed in order for a ministry to be even barely effective. But the whole thing with him wanting to do this and that seems normal from a developmental standpoint. Still, I feel like he has a LOT of maturing to do. Didn't he grow up with only sisters? Maybe he grew up in a situation where he had almost no responsibility because it was put off on his sisters because gender and now he's kinda mad that he has to actually do work in order to maintain a functioning household of his own. IDK. 

@smallestneal I wanted to make a comment about a King of the Hill episode, but I didn't think that anyone would get it. Based on your avatar, maybe  you will. There's an episode titled Reborn to be Wild. It's about Bobby joining a Christian youth group filled with "cool" Christian rockers. It reminds me so much of Ben hanging with Flame being one of the "cool" kids.

@JDuggs YES! I've seen most of King of the Hill. If I got to remake this account, I'd probably choose Rusty Shackleford for a username, lol. I hadn't made that connection before, but yep, that episode definitely reminds me of Ben. The boy ain't right. :56247958035f1_32(18):

So, I've been wondering about a cross thread idea, and think I'll put it here.

We know that the Duggars and sons in law are all about "ministry". Josh ministered to those "heathen liberals" in Washington DC, Derrick and Jill are ministering to the "heathens" in Central America, and Ben wants to minister in the inner city. I'm guessing the next logical places will be Africa (hmmm....joining John Shrader with a family in), and a location or two in Asia. At some point they'll run out of places, so I'm thinking about ministry opportunities for the younger Duggars' future spouses: the heathen Amish in Pennsylvania and Ohio? The heathens in Appalachia? The heathen LDS in Utah? The heathen Muslims around Dearborn, MI? (Remember, the "missionaries tend to go into areas that already have some faith belief system, then try to " convert" them to their belief system.) I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone, just trying to think where the Duggars will strike next.

4 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

So, I've been wondering about a cross thread idea, and think I'll put it here.

We know that the Duggars and sons in law are all about "ministry". Josh ministered to those "heathen liberals" in Washington DC, Derrick and Jill are ministering to the "heathens" in Central America, and Ben wants to minister in the inner city. I'm guessing the next logical places will be Africa (hmmm....joining John Shrader with a family in), and a location or two in Asia. At some point they'll run out of places, so I'm thinking about ministry opportunities for the younger Duggars' future spouses: the heathen Amish in Pennsylvania and Ohio? The heathens in Appalachia? The heathen LDS in Utah? The heathen Muslims around Dearborn, MI? (Remember, the "missionaries tend to go into areas that already have some faith belief system, then try to " convert" them to their belief system.) I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone, just trying to think where the Duggars will strike next.

I agree that all of these areas are ripe for Duggarizing. I can see some of the Howlers with Buggies and Bonnets. Someone needs to warn these groups when the sad time arriives. 

5 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

.As for the concert, I could tell Jessa wasn't buying the inner city & rap thing. I love Josh Groban but Mr Granola would rather hang himself in a closet. About how I feel when football season rolls around. And we've been together almost 49 years. We did enjoy Peter, Paul & Mary together for most of our marriage.

Off topic but, congrats on the 49 years :)

20 hours ago, Mercer said:

I really don't understand exactly what Ben and Jessa's future plans are. A lot of what they're talking about seems to conflict:

Ben is studying at Moody and it appears he'll need to spend a year in Chicago to complete his degree.

But he wants to have a "ministry" of showing up and having opinions in the "inner city" in St. Louis.

But they also want to adopt the instant their fish baby is old enough, which requires a homestudy and demonstrating some measure of stability. I can't imagine such a young couple with such a short length of marriage and a young baby being given any sort of pass on that. So they would presumably have to have a fixed address throughout the process, and getting a homestudy done and being matched with a child can take quite some time no matter what form of adoption you do. 

None of the above-mentioned plans would generate any sort of income and would require financial resources, so presumably they also intend to have their primary career be a certain reality show that films in Arkansas.

So... where exactly are they going to be and what are they doing? They seem all over the place.

Maybe they, too, will go "overseas."

9 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

9 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

I think the Seewalds idea of going overseas is Hawaii or Paris. Not seeing Jessa roughing it...no lattes, fancy hair supplies , CAF or having to live in conditions where you sweat and have to throw your mane up in a pony tail? Nope, not seeing it.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic
  • Destiny unfeatured this topic

Archived