IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting on--part 3

Criscat

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

I'm inclined to think the change is due to public perception more than anything else, but I like to imagine Derrick finally getting annoyed enough to say, "JUST LET ME TALK!"

Actually that's a great point. If I was catching as much flack as her I'd get real quiet too. But I also wouldn't let my son get filmed chewing an electric object... just me though.

2 minutes ago, Mothership said:

I'm running a few minutes behind, but I have to admit that Bin actually cared for Spurge in a way that indicates that he's pretty comfortable with the baby--until he put him on the couch with a blanket over him.

I have never had kids and I thought that was scary 

Commercials: tlc promos, huntsman trailer, local Nissan commercial, xfinity commercial, Nissan commercial again, tlc promos

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

I wouldn't be too sure that getting them kidnapped would help.  TLC would probably pay the kidnappers to film the Duggars in captivity (Think of the ratings!) and there would be a collection of money among humpers to raise the money for the ransom (Sierra could auction her strawberries!) and TLC would film that, and the reactions of the Duggars who stayed home, etc.  And the episode of their triumphant release would almost top the ratings of JessaJill's weddings.   And there would be more promos...

I can't tell you how hard I laughed when I read your first line. :pb_lol:

to anyone who watches on different days or whatever 

SKIP IT 

trust me you will get your life back 

walk a dog, create a voodoo doll, do something - 

Just now, Monica Joan said:

Who is the guy helping Justin?

Jinger called him Pastor Caldwell, I think.

I can respect Jinger not wanting to answer that question ("are you interested in anyone right now?") but goodness it was awkward the way the camera stuck on her and she just smiled. I feel like she may have been prompted to answer that way to build suspense.

Also, I guess since last week Jana had to say she didn't just cook and care for kids this week it is Jinger's turn to say so? Like are they just gonna rote have the girls rattle off a "we don't just cook and clean!" (or a "we don't even know HOW to cook!") until we believe them? They'll be talking awhile.

PS confirmed they are just going through each of the oldest girls one per week. Promo for next week: "Next week is pure Joy"

Why is Jana trying to come up with a reason to get the kids outside?  I thought Jana did things other than look after children?   Hey, TLC-once again, we're seeing that Jana isn't in charge of projects, she's in charge of children.

18 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Why does Israel--a perfectly good name if not for the obvious political bullshit Derrick and Jill invoked with it--get called Izzy, but Spurgeon gets called by his godawful full name? Ben/Jessa, stop trying to make Spurgeon happen. It's never going to happen!

I agree! I loathe the nickname, Izzy. 

Also, Anna really said that Jessa should check Ben's social media? :my_cry:

And what the fuck is rocking chair time? 

1 minute ago, iweartanktops said:

I agree! I loathe the nickname, Izzy. 

And what the fuck is rocking chair time? 

and again Anna spouts her wisdom

No wonder Ben never posts anything 

1 minute ago, iweartanktops said:

That was such a super awkward thing to say. I didn't know who I felt the worst for in that moment: Anna, Jana, Ben, or Jessa.

5 minutes ago, nst said:

It explains everything don't you think - the whole Jessa dynamic is just so backward and off.  Even in the whole coffee scene - she is so full of herself and just so boring 

They as a couple are just weird all of a sudden.  They are off 

Ben is a tool because he is a horrible actor.  

I never really got them as a couple beyond them both liking to tell people they're going to hell, so I'm not sure if they're all that different to me. I always try (and often fail) to remember that we can't really assume we know much about these relationships based on these scripted moments. The one big thing I'm taking away from this show now is that every single one of them is hyper-aware that they have a particular image they're trying to project and they're terrified of failure. I'm getting a kick imagining them poring over online comments after episodes air, determining if they were successful and what they should do and say next time. 

Jinger saying she'd rather not answer that question is shades of Jessa's "we're not ready to make any announcements." That's girl is courting. 

Advertisements:

TLC promos

Lucas Film (Star Wars on DVD)

The Boss movie

Charter Spectrum

American Marine and Motorsports Super Center

2 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

OH, she went there!  And perhaps she is imparting some newly-realized knowledge.  Oh, wise one.

Just now, choralcrusader8613 said:

That was such a super awkward thing to say. I didn't know who I felt the worst for in that moment: Anna, Jana, Ben, or Jessa.

that whole scene was just awful 

1 minute ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I'm not watching, but it sounds super awkward! 

Jesse's TH:  I've always heard that when you're talking and looking up, it is an indication that you're lying!

1 minute ago, lascuba said:

I never really got them as a couple beyond them both liking to tell people they're going to hell, so I'm not sure if they're all that different to me. I always try (and often fail) to remember that we can't really assume we know much about these relationships based on these scripted moments. The one big thing I'm taking away from this show now is that every single one of them is hyper-aware that they have a particular image they're trying to project and they're terrified of failure. I'm getting a kick imagining them poring over online comments after episodes air, determining if they were successful and what they should do and say next time. 

Jinger saying she'd rather not answer that question is shades of Jessa's "we're not ready to make any announcements." That's girl is courting. 

I actually think Bin and Bless have a good amount in common. They both like to tell other people they're going to hell, they both think they're more important than they are, they both dislike doing real people work. But in all seriousness, I do think they probably have interests in common, because they courted for almost a year and they must've had something to talk about. It doesn't change the fact that they've lost allllllll their chemistry. They weren't this awkward at the courting phase or as newlyweds.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived