IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1

Coconut Flan

9 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

And you don't make your dog do that just to eat their food--maybe just for treats. When my dog needs breakfast, he just needs breakfast. 

I was thinking the same thing. "mom please can i have this cookie" is much more likely to get you a cookie in my house. But she doesn't have to say "mom may i please eat dinner". Meals, healthy snacks etc, are a given. For both my child and my dogs.

My dogs are supposed to sit/watch me/wait for ok before eating their dinner bowls.  As a way to help control the chaos that is feeding time. But they empty their bowl in one go.  they get a lot of "free" treats too, mostly because my kid loves to feed them and isn't consistent with them. Hell, neither am i.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

I don't think the Duggars are allowed to read Harry Potter. (Witchcraft and the Devil might build a fortress in their hearts like he did to Josh.)

My nephew, who was raised IFB, was not allowed to read most popular books (including Harry Potter), go to the movies, listen to popular music, watch many cartoons and TV shows including WWE.  Nephew now is a 25 yr old dad who is a general Christian (left his IFB church during divorce), huge fan of UFC and takes his 3 yr old daughter to the movies every couple of months.  

Pa Keller has picked lousy husbands for his daughters. TFDW seems now to be the best of the bunch.

Please stop discussing the body of a minor. Please stop justifying this discussion. Posts on this topic will continue to be hidden. Imagine if you were ten and adults were discussing this on the Internet. It crosses a line. You can discuss someone getting older without discussing their body. Thank you for your cooperation!

9 hours ago, nst said:

awesome baby hormones - explain that to me - I agree about the individual paycheck because last night Ben has come from the horny TH to the TH of someone who is not so pleased with his life despite what he says - compare when he and Jessa were at the shooting range to last night - drastic - sex can do that obviously 

and I think by now they are having sex again - just using bc because of the adoption Jessa must have 

There was something off about Ben last night 

Not all women get it but I sure was floating on cloud nine, high off the smell of my baby and absolutely smitten.

I didn't watch last night but it was said SpongeBob was 4 weeks old in the episode.  If they are following the stoopid Gothard guidelines or even typical, "wait six weeks" guidelines then she wouldn't be having sex at the time this was filmed.   

Now you come sit by me and fill me in on birth control and adoption.   Can I get you some wine?

I'm in nz.  Please please can someone download this onto you tube.  I need to see this programme after listening to the reviews! I want to see bens off mood, Anna's bronzer etc.  btw talc needs to feel very bad anf

d shamed having Anna open up on to like that on tv.  Poor girl needs to get out I know she's been brainwashed but some of her siblings got out, so there's hope, right?

19 minutes ago, Boogalou said:

Please stop discussing the body of a minor. Please stop justifying this discussion. Posts on this topic will continue to be hidden. Imagine if you were ten and adults were discussing this on the Internet. It crosses a line. You can discuss someone getting older without discussing their body. Thank you for your cooperation!

Sorry I was typing while you posted. Editing now.

4 minutes ago, clese said:

I'm in nz.  Please please can someone download this onto you tube.  I need to see this programme after listening to the reviews! I want to see bens off mood, Anna's bronzer etc.  btw talc needs to feel very bad anf

d shamed having Anna open up on to like that on tv.  Poor girl needs to get out I know she's been brainwashed but some of her siblings got out, so there's hope, right?

UPthread somewhere there is a link for streaming, if it works in NZ. And I agree about Anna. It is awful to watch anyone at all suffer like that in public. 

6 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

UPthread somewhere there is a link for streaming, if it works in NZ. And I agree about Anna. It is awful to watch anyone at all suffer like that in public. 

The link you posted doesn't work outside of the U.S. :my_confused:

Agree that Hannie appears to be entering J'slavehood, but perhaps she's OK with it?  Who knows, as usual, but I'm guessing that she sees other girls her age (in or near the cult) doing similar things and considers it normal.  This was also an opportunity for her to be a bigger part of the episode.  There may also be enough of a gap in maturity between her and Jackson for her to want to branch out.  I've always liked Jackson, but she seems years old than him...and he's the older one.  They're probably still close, and hopefully always will be, but they may not be wanting to do the same things anymore.

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

Agree that Hannie appears to be entering J'slavehood, but perhaps she's OK with it?  Who knows, as usual, but I'm guessing that she sees other girls her age (in or near the cult) doing similar things and considers it normal.  This was also an opportunity for her to be a bigger part of the episode.  There may also be enough of a gap in maturity between her and Jackson for her to want to branch out.  I've always liked Jackson, but she seems years old than him...and he's the older one.  They're probably still close, and hopefully always will be, but they may not be wanting to do the same things anymore.

I bet Hannie just loves being with all of her older sisters. 

Just now, clese said:

Links don't work in na  sad face. But if anyone knows of a YouTube link?!

I didn't post that link but just referred to it, hopefully. I bet it's  not yet on youtube, but I don't know. I guess just keep checking. 

Someone, maybe Hannie herself, has been doing a great job on her hair. The pictures I've seen, she has a cute little braid, and her hair is very neatly brushed.

Sunday night the episode is on again. This time it's a recount - meaning extra shopping time with the ladies or maybe Ben looking even more lost 

entertaining yes ? 

REMINDER: unless Discovery posted it, please don't link to it here. I'm really sorry about international people not having a legal method to watch the show online, but linking to illegal sources can get us in trouble and we don't need that drama. Thanks. :)

ETA: it = the episode.

20 hours ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

Butter is good for you. And it's definitely better for you than the fake alternatives or vegetable oils (with the exception of olive oil). Animal fats are necessary components to the human diet and, when eaten properly (as with any other healthy food -- after all, healthy is only true to a certain extent), can help manage weight, aid in repair and growth in the brain and body, and provide a good source of vital nutrients. One of the best sources of healthy animal fats is actually one most people avoid (largely because of campaigns against it during the war) -- lard. 

Butter is fine...in moderation. But consuming large quantities isn't healthy. 

So, while the girls/women are watching the baby and doing all the thanksgiving fall feast prep, where is ben? he doesn't have a job. out rapping? what is he up to the whole time they are shopping and cooking? 

I can't imagine my husband letting me do all the holiday prep and watch the baby- he'd insist on doing it or helping. period.

Also, anyone notice how jill says "derrick is preaching twice a week at a couple different locations"? I'm imagining him standing on street corners..... Perhaps even on a crate.

So, is Derrick preaching in English, I would guess. And what are his credentials since he is not a licensed minister that I know of. Just his zeal? Or maybe preachers don't actually need credentials I have no idea, just wondered. 

There are no words for Anna’s make up or her travel outfit. I do feel bad that she doesn’t seem to realize that she is being used by the Duggars and TLC. If they truly cared for her, they wouldn't require her to “walk through” this with a TV audience.

The whole will there be enough room to cook the feast was just stupid. I feel like I have seen this episode before. Oh wait, I did see this when Anna cooked for the whole family in the same damn house. Was anything homemade other than the potatoes and turkeys?

I will say that Jessa does seem truly in awe of and in love with Spurge. Derrick and Jill just kind of seem over it all. Could they have seemed less excited about being “missionaries” in CA? I think Jill is ready to go home but can't admit it. I am trying to understand how two people, that don’t work, can’t clean their house. Has no one even heard of cleaning your house before people come over, especially those with TV cameras? I know they sell cribs in CA, so why don't they buy a normal bed for their child since they will be there awhile?

I definitely noticed a change in the way Ben looks at Jessa that was mentioned up thread. What a shame, they have been only married a year and the spark is already gone for him. 

28 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

So, while the girls/women are watching the baby and doing all the thanksgiving fall feast prep, where is ben? he doesn't have a job. out rapping? what is he up to the whole time they are shopping and cooking? 

I can't imagine my husband letting me do all the holiday prep and watch the baby- he'd insist on doing it or helping. period.

Also, anyone notice how jill says "derrick is preaching twice a week at a couple different locations"? I'm imagining him standing on street corners..... Perhaps even on a crate.

i posted the above in the wrong folder 

but now I am so curious what does Derick do the other five days he doesn't preach 

work? where? bum around - this makes me curious 

Ben and Jessa could really have used more time as newlyweds, I think.  While they are both clearly over the moon about Spurge, their relationship seems to be too weak to handle getting put on the back burner for a time.  I wouldn't wish fertility problems on anyone, but in terms of timing, if they had had more time a la Erin Bates and Chad Paine, I think things would be better.  

To me, they look less over each other and more lost and overwhelmed with how to handle a relationship post-baby.

12 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

I definitely noticed a change in the way Ben looks at Jessa that was mentioned up thread. What a shame, they have been only married a year and the spark is already gone for him. 

omg - i re watched the episode where he cleans toilets - and he clearly has changed 1000% whether he finally figured out - this is it...ie his life  - or the sexual frustration is gone - it was shocking last night to the episode of him moving in and cleaning toilets - that he has gotten himself the snot kicked out not literally but emotionally 

2 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Ben and Jessa could really have used more time as newlyweds, I think.  While they are both clearly over the moon about Spurge, their relationship seems to be too weak to handle getting put on the back burner for a time.  I wouldn't wish fertility problems on anyone, but in terms of timing, if they had had more time a la Erin Bates and Chad Paine, I think things would be better.  

To me, they look less over each other and more lost and overwhelmed with how to handle a relationship post-baby.

I think four months is all they allowed each other -but clearly something is gone 

and no matter how much she looks to him or tries to get him to agree with him - he is either over it or he doesn't care or even he doesn't want to cow tow to her anymore. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived