IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1

Coconut Flan

There has to be a Costco or Sam's Club near them, right? If they don't go there...then they are really dumb. Because those stores really are the best for bulk. At least I'm pretty sure. I never feed huge groups of people.

I was actually surprised they'd even get frozen corn as canned is typically cheaper.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone watched the "webisodes" on the TLC site?

There is one about Spurgeon's nicknames. Apparently Ben likes to call him "Mr. Spurgeon." And Jessa really likes his middle name and wants him to go by that name too. 

So yeah...sounds like Ben won the name game, for sure.

Spurge is his main nickname right now.

Ben references The Terminator, kind of.

There is another clip called "Justin the Mechanic." Ben takes his truck over to have Justin and Jackson work on it.

If anyone else watches it...can you tell me what Jana calls Justin at the almost 1 minute mark. Jutty??

Apparently when Jess and Ben were courting, Justin made them breakfast sometimes. Ooookay.

I went to a thanksgiving dinner once where I had to bring the green bean casserole. I made the standard one with mushroom soup, then a gourmet one with real cream, etc. Everyone preferred the soup one. Oh well.

6 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

We only know what Michelle did, not Jill or Jessa.  During pregnancy, Michelle advised women to "joyfully submit" even when they were "big pregnant."

To Michelle, having sex is considered "submitting", not enjoying.  (My guess is that her experience and vocabulary don't contain the word orgasm.)  

To be fair, her partner IS Jim Bob!

Has Bin actually said that he's not interested in adoption, or is this just speculation based on him not looking enthusiastic about it? 

On 3/16/2016 at 10:50 PM, CyborgKin said:

Vanilla is the best air freshener scent.

And vanilla over poop is the best poop scent. 

3 hours ago, snickerz said:

I don't see them adopting from an agency. It will be a private adoption. There will be a pregnant 16 year old leghumper watching their show who will contact them to adopt her baby. 

It occurs to me that for a D list celebrity to adopt from a teenager could lead to some problems down the road.

11 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Has Bin actually said that he's not interested in adoption, or is this just speculation based on him not looking enthusiastic about it? 

Jessa and Ben discussed it while they were courting.  He says he's interested in adoption.  He says that without much enthusiasm, though.  Last summer, Jessa stated that she wants more kids than her mother's 19 and that she will adopt some of them.  The whole reason she wants to adopt is to have as many kids as possible – which is why no reputable adoption agency will approve them to adopt.  

On 3/16/2016 at 7:38 PM, Buzzard said:

Blathering on - Part 3

CENTRAL AMERICA! THE WHOLE PLACE!

Jill takes us on a tour.  A ukulele plays in the backgrond.  Jill shows us the kitchen with "lots of cabinet space" 

Did anyone else notice that her counters were COVERED with clutter??  Hey, girlfriend, how about USING some of that cabinet space??

27 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Jessa and Ben discussed it while they were courting.  He says he's interested in adoption.  He says that without much enthusiasm, though.  Last summer, Jessa stated that she wants more kids than her mother's 19 and that she will adopt some of them.  The whole reason she wants to adopt is to have as many kids as possible – which is why no reputable adoption agency will approve them to adopt.  

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about them actually adopting. I was just wondering if it is a fact that Bin isn't thrilled about the idea. 

Thanks! 

It occurs to me that for a D list celebrity to adopt from a teenager could lead to some problems down the road.

Good point. Especially since some teens don't a actually want to give their babies up in the first place.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I went to a thanksgiving dinner once where I had to bring the green bean casserole. I made the standard one with mushroom soup, then a gourmet one with real cream, etc. Everyone preferred the soup one. Oh well.

(I can't speak for green bean casserole as I despise mushrooms and won't eat anything with them in it).  But sometimes when you make comfort food 'gourmet' it ruins it.  My sister and mom are known for doing it and sometimes you just want the classic plebean version of the comfort food.  

11 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

(I can't speak for green bean casserole as I despise mushrooms and won't eat anything with them in it).  But sometimes when you make comfort food 'gourmet' it ruins it.  My sister and mom are known for doing it and sometimes you just want the classic plebean version of the comfort food.  

yup, like Mac and Cheese... the gourmet ones are tasty, but man, I love just some regular ole' Kraft macaroni and cheese!!

2 minutes ago, karen77 said:

yup, like Mac and Cheese... the gourmet ones are tasty, but man, I love just some regular ole' Kraft macaroni and cheese!!

yuck--so does fathership.  I make really, really good homemade mac and cheese and at least my kids prefer it over the box.  I also make a fabulous scratch green bean casserole (sauteed  fresh mushrooms, a real roux instead of canned soup, fresh green beans, carmelized onions and breadcrumbs on top):  delicious and there's never any left over.  Yea, I like to cook and bake.   Give me a couple of days with the Duggar girls and they'd be done with the stupid "we can't cook" plot line.  There are ways to make good, fast, healthy food in large quantities.

9 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I love green bean casserole  with the French Fried Onions on top. Yummy

My mom will make it once every couple years for herself and my dad (Hubby, son and I are not fans, daughter will eat it) but my mom uses either fresh or frozen green beans and the canned soup. She puts the onions on the side for whoever wants them.  

Their claim of being unable, vs. unwilling, to cook is a crock of bad TTC.  They're fundies who have regularly attended family camps and gone to seminars (weren't Michelle and some of the girls at a raw foods class in TX a few years ago?).  Ample opportunities to learn and exchange recipes with the frumper crowd.  There are also items called "cookbooks", which are guides for cooking.  They are widely available and - while they don't all feature Jesus - they don't tend to be worldly or defrauding.  Many are simple to read and include pictures.

6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Their claim of being unable, vs. unwilling, to cook is a crock of bad TTC.  They're fundies who have regularly attended family camps and gone to seminars (weren't Michelle and some of the girls at a raw foods class in TX a few years ago?).  Ample opportunities to learn and exchange recipes with the frumper crowd.  There are also items called "cookbooks", which are guides for cooking.  They are widely available and - while they don't all feature Jesus - they don't tend to be worldly or defrauding.  Many are simple to read and include pictures.

Yup.  They went to a Doug Phillips is a tool class, if I remember

Mostly, we like to eat things with as little processing as possible.  I am a fool for It's Greek to Me Lemon Chicken Orzo canned soup, though.  Sodium be damned!

2 hours ago, DugFan said:

Did anyone else notice that her counters were COVERED with clutter??  Hey, girlfriend, how about USING some of that cabinet space??

Too many grifted wedding gifts it would seem...

On 3/16/2016 at 1:24 PM, Georgiana said:

It's the choice.

In another setting, one spouse CHOOSES to forgive the other and attempt to rebuild the relationship.

Anna had no real choice to speak of.  

Anna's very own brother presented her with a choice. She chooses to believe that marriage is to God first and Smuggar second. I don't fault her for deciding to stay with a cheater, a lot of people do that. I fault her more for staying with a molester, who then cheated, let his sisters, wife, and mother take the heat, and absconded on supporting his family for months, revealing very little in the character department. Anna is not a zombie she is an adult married woman with children. Now Priss is another story, she is a grown married woman but she is not on the same level as Anna. 

19 hours ago, coffeebean7 said:

What is with Anna reverting to calling him Joshua instead of Josh? It's like she is distancing herself even though she has to be "amazing" and stick it out.

One thing I noticed is when she is talking about any negative memories or emotions she refers to him as Joshua. When she is talking about happy times she calls him Josh. It doesn't happen every time she talks about him but it happens often enough to get my attention. 

9 hours ago, JMO said:

I wanted to throw in my two cents.

I agree this show felt different.  I feel like they are styling it to compete with the Bates.  i also feel like removing JB/Mich from 95% of the show VASTLY improves it's watchability.  (As an aside when I saw them enter the little house for the "feast" I was really hit with their age.  Mich looks like a grandma and not the mom to a 6 yo). 

Jessa still irritates me but it a brand new more irritating way.  The big eyes, the constant joking self depreciating remarks about her cooking, the fact that she talks a lot about his pooping when no one else wants to hear about it. I know she's a new mom and I expect her to be heavily into everything he does but when Jana feels the need to comment on it... And Bin is OVER it. He's aged 10 yrs in one month.

Spurge sleeping with big fluffy pillows and blankets.  ARGH!  Safe sleeping practices! I guess I should be happy he was on his back?

Anna really needs to lay off the self tanner and Jinger needs to tone down the make up.  They all wear heavy eye make up.  I know they are on TV but it's too much and not attractive. 

Derrick as a preacher, Bin as a Christian rapper? I can't.  

I'm J'chelle IS a Gm... To 6

22 hours ago, nst said:

i posted the above in the wrong folder 

but now I am so curious what does Derick do the other five days he doesn't preach 

work? where? bum around - this makes me curious 

Old post but this struck me. 2 days a week? I bet Jill thinks thats a lot considering her family is used to working no days a week.

5 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Has anyone watched the "webisodes" on the TLC site?

There is one about Spurgeon's nicknames. Apparently Ben likes to call him "Mr. Spurgeon." And Jessa really likes his middle name and wants him to go by that name too. 

So yeah...sounds like Ben won the name game, for sure.

Spurge is his main nickname right now.

Ben references The Terminator, kind of.

There is another clip called "Justin the Mechanic." Ben takes his truck over to have Justin and Jackson work on it.

If anyone else watches it...can you tell me what Jana calls Justin at the almost 1 minute mark. Jutty??

Apparently when Jess and Ben were courting, Justin made them breakfast sometimes. Ooookay.

In these web episodes - Ben seemed more animated than in the actual episodes 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived