IGNORED

Bates Family: Babies Galore! Part 12

Boogalou

1 hour ago, Snarkle said:

I just watched the episode and I thought wow, to share a bedroom with *only* six other people and to have to agree on decorating - as someone who always had her own room growing up and with a husband who doesn't really care what color our bedroom is, I feel lucky.  Basically Josie said she wanted gray and she rallied the others to her idea.  Apparently before Michaella moved out, their room was filled with all of the things Brandon had sent/given to her on shelves and on the walls, so once she packed up and left, the room was rather empty.

Isn't there a smaller room where Alyssa roomed?  You would think Tori & Carlin would want to be in their own room as the new older girls.

As for Zach and Whitney (who is definitely showing in this episode), Rent-A-Center did have a commercial near the beginning of the episode and of course indirect promos when they shop for the couch and it's delivered.  Whitney was right - the black leather couch (esp with little kids) was more practical and looks better with the light walls in the room than their old off-white couch.  They really have done a nice job fixing that house up from the wood paneling monstrosity the living room was before.  I will say, a lot of these fundies do have practical house skills!  

If you watch it again, it seems there was a room on the right of the room. Maybe a bathroom but who knows. I remember there being 2 girls rooms when they built the house. One small room with Alyssa, Josie, and Katie; from what I remembered. I hope they're not sharing a bed like the duggar girls were. 

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I wonder if Zach and Whitney realize that Rent-A-Center is not a good way for people to buy furniture and appliances.  For people that actually have to pay for the stuff -I assume that Zach and Whitney's purchases were comped- you end up spending a lot more than you would even if you bought things from a furniture store on time or the never-never. 

I teach a course on personal finance and I would never tell my students to go to a rent-to-own place.  The rates are at loan shark level and they make it look so easy.  It would seem to go against the whole idea of IBLP's idea of not going into debt.  At least if they went to a regular furniture store they might be able to buy and get 0% or low interest - not the pay-by-the-month deal.  Of course they probably got their stuff for free as part of being what was essentially a commercial, but it is somewhat dangerous they would make rent-to-own look appealing to their fans.

1 minute ago, Exjw2015deed said:

If you watch it again, it seems there was a room on the right of the room. Maybe a bathroom but who knows. I remember there being 2 girls rooms when they built the house. One small room with Alyssa, Josie, and Katie; from what I remembered. I hope they're not sharing a bed like the duggar girls were. 

It looked like that was their bathroom.  The other "small" room was like a closet and Josie was bummed when Alyssa moved out.  If there are seven girls in the girls' room, then they are all together again.  I do have a vague memory of seeing perhaps Jeb and Judson in the "closet room" which would make sense since they probably go to bed earlier than the other boys, that would still leave six older boys in the boys' room.

Kelly said the two youngest boys were in a small nursery. Erin and Carlin used to share a room. Alyssa and Josie shared a separate room together. The rest of the girls all shared one large room. Per Kelly, after Erin and Alyssa moved out, all the other girls were sad and wanted to cherish their remaining years together in one room. I can't even imagine. Since they have more bedrooms, it seems like Nathan and Lawson would move into one and Tori and Carlin into the other leaving the two large sex-segregated rooms for the younger kids.

http://thebatesfamily.com/2014/07/alyssas-wedding-continued/

20 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Kelly said the two youngest boys were in a small nursery. Erin and Carlin used to share a room. Alyssa and Josie shared a separate room together. The rest of the girls all shared one large room. Per Kelly, after Erin and Alyssa moved out, all the other girls were sad and wanted to cherish their remaining years together in one room. I can't even imagine. Since they have more bedrooms, it seems like Nathan and Lawson would move into one and Tori and Carlin into the other leaving the two large sex-segregated rooms for the younger kids.

http://thebatesfamily.com/2014/07/alyssas-wedding-continued/

Sharp eye, Kelsey!  That makes sense.  Since a number of the older kids (like Nathan and Lawson) are often away from home (like in the latest episode where they were off to New York to pick up Ashley), it probably doesn't feel as crowded sometimes.  Ashley must have stayed in one of the now-open rooms.  It will be odd in about ten years when there's only a handful of kids left and there won't be special friends visiting older siblings all of the time.  Every time one of the special friends/courting partner/fiance'/e visits from out of town, they always show the littler siblings running towards the person (like Brandon, and in this latest episode, Ashley).  Is it better to be an older or younger sibling in these families?  Workload wise, it's of course better to be younger, but in other ways...?

Nathan and Trace share a room and Lawson, Jackson, Warden and Isaiah share one. Lawson's bed is somehow in a corner so he seems to have some privacy. Anyway, I wonder if he likes to share his room with his 10-12 years old brothers. The door next to the girl's room leads to a bathroom and the little nursery is where Jeb and Judson are sleeping. They did a little house tour during the episode 'All about the Bates' from season 1 of BUB.

6 hours ago, eandre31 said:

I wonder if Alyssa looks back on her wedding colors and thinks "what the hell was I thinking?!"

Especially since she nowadays has great style!!

1 hour ago, Luisainlondon1 said:

Nathan and Trace share a room and Lawson, Jackson, Warden and Isaiah share one. Lawson's bed is somehow in a corner so he seems to have some privacy. Anyway, I wonder if he likes to share his room with his 10-12 years old brothers. The door next to the girl's room leads to a bathroom and the little nursery is where Jeb and Judson are sleeping. They did a little house tour during the episode 'All about the Bates' from season 1 of BUB.

I can see how brothers more similar in age could be more annoying than significantly younger ones. Lawson and Nathan have probably often looked for the same space as kids while they never really competed the same way with the little ones. Trace is a little in between. Trace might have been a little brother in Lawson's eyes but Nathan might have seen his as more of a brother close in age but not one he had to compete with the same as Lawson. The result is that Trace is not that interesting to Lawson but Nathan chooses him over Lawson as a room mate. Lawson has no competition with the little ones and feels OK with staying with them (he might not be that sensitive to sound or be the type that needs a lot of privacy either but that the younger brothers cherish this more). This is how I see it could have been worked out. 

I have three brothers, number 2 and 3 did not do well living together, it was constant fighting and irritation. Once my older brother moved out and they got their own rooms things improved a lot. I can very well see that if my parents had not decided that our oldest brother should have a room on his own and the other two share that it might have been 1 and 3 sharing a room and 2 getting a room of his own (he is much more grumpy and easier to annoy than the other two). 

I wonder if the vacated rooms are now used as guest rooms for when their married (out of state) kids come to visit.

It might be that Ashley thought her tunic/dress would be sufficient for their modesty standards, but that the Bateseseses convinced her to wear a skirt under it for the filming. 

I finished watching the episode this morning.  Some predictions:

I agree that the courting announcement will be the finale. In fact the BUB website pretty much says so.  "Nathan calls the family to share some exciting news!" I'm thinking engagement by June and a late summer wedding. 

I was going to predict that Whitney/Zach have a "I'm pregnant!" reveal at the next episode since they will show Bradley's photo shoot but according to the BUB website 'Whitney shares a big announcement" so that isn't too big a guess.

I think we won't get another pregnancy announcement until after the finale.  I'm still betting on Alyssa prior to Michael but Michael soon after. 

In two weeks.  The description on BUB actually says that they will show Whitney at her first ultrasound appt. 

13 hours ago, busdrivingmom said:

Does this mean Zach and Whitney took on debt?  Gothard will be so disappointed!

Fun fact: The Duggar's took on debt despite preaching buy everything in cash.

12 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I wonder if Zach and Whitney realize that Rent-A-Center is not a good way for people to buy furniture and appliances.  For people that actually have to pay for the stuff -I assume that Zach and Whitney's purchases were comped- you end up spending a lot more than you would even if you bought things from a furniture store on time or the never-never. 

Yeah, not only are Zach and Whitney advertising taking on debt and violating Gothard's teachings, they're advocating taking on REALLY BAD debt. 

38 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Yeah, not only are Zach and Whitney advertising taking on debt and violating Gothard's teachings, they're advocating taking on REALLY BAD debt. 

I saw nothing really wrong with the white couch. I was like add something to it. Black pillows, something. Sadly, they could not hear me.

2 hours ago, winterdice said:

It might be that Ashley thought her tunic/dress would be sufficient for their modesty standards, but that the Bateseseses convinced her to wear a skirt under it for the filming. 

My daughter has a good eye and she noticed something I hadn't. In the Instagram pic of that tunic, Ashley is wearing black skinny jeans. At the Bates house, she is either wearing leggings or tights, which could explain why she'd want the skirt for extra coverage. 

44 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Which I'd say is worse than kissing before marriage and not advocating it.  In this case, I think they took on no debt (payment plan of "comped") while advocating taking on debt.

Oh, the holy dollar.

32 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I saw nothing really wrong with the white couch. I was like add something to it. Black pillows, something. Sadly, they could not hear me.

I could only go with a white couch if no one would sit on it ever. 

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Fun fact: The Duggar's took on debt despite preaching buy everything in cash.

Tell me more! I'm not familiar with this story. 

Zach and Whitney really have a fairly large home, wish we could see more of it.. The rent a center deal was ridiculously staged just like the time Anna duggar packed the toddler drink 

Can I say that Salyer really do trust the Bates boys? (I say boys because they don't see themselves men.) To travel from NYC without another girl in the car for Ashley, I am amazed. :GPn0zNK: The Salyer dad may believe the Nathan is going to marry this girl. If Nathan does court her :my_sleepy:, the wedding may be next year.

The Duggar family may want to step it up a bit in the trust department.

10 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Can I say that Salyer really do trust the Bates boys? (I say boys because they don't see themselves men.) To travel from NYC without another girl in the car for Ashley, I am amazed. :GPn0zNK: The Salyer dad may believe the Nathan is going to marry this girl. If Nathan does court her :my_sleepy:, the wedding may be next year.

The Duggar family may want to step it up a bit in the trust department.

It may also be that the dad actually trusts his own daughter, which would be a foreign concept to the Duggars. 

On 14 maart 2016 at 1:55 PM, VelociRapture said:

I refer to our lost pregnancy as both. Biologically speaking, it was a clump of cells and had no chance of surviving outside the womb. I know that, am fully aware of that fact, and I'm grateful I didn't suffer a loss later on in my pregnancy (would have preferred not to lose the baby at all, but life is unfair sometimes - and if it had to happen to someone I'm glad it was me and not my big sister, who had her little boy last month.)

Speaking emotionally though, it was my baby - doesn't matter how big or small or developed... That was my baby and it always will be.

I'm not Fundie by any means. I fully understand the difference between that way of thinking about abortion and the way people educated about it actually view it. Fundie view is just wrong.

I still refer to our lost pregnancy as a baby at times - I even named it because I felt terrible thinking of our very wanted child as an "it" forever. I don't care how stupid it is or how uneducated I sound or anything - that pregnancy was desperately loved and wanted. To me, it will always be my baby.

Other people are free to feel differently about their own losses though - if it helps someone heal to always think it was just a clump of cells then I see no issue with that. Every pregnancy and every loss is unique. As long as people aren't trying to legislate how I think, feel, or treat my own body I could care less what they think.

(I'm looking at you Fundies! Stop being assholes!)

Having suffered à miscarriage myself  I agree. I prefer the lump of cells not viable explanation. Attaching a name to the baby makes it to real for me. But it is is my/our choice. We didn't have a baby.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived