IGNORED

10 Cloverfield Lane

crazydaffodil

Anyone else excited to see this new movie coming out soon?  It looks really good to me.

Yes, I did mean Cloverfield Lane.  Thank you for pointing out my typo.

It was developed from a script titled The Cellar, but under production it was turned into a spiritual successor of the 2008 film Cloverfield.

Yes. 10 Cloverfield Lane. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED it.

Only complaint: The marketing campaign is deceptive. The movie has zero to do with the original Cloverfield movie, and the marketing makes it seem like it does.

I did not see Cloverfield, although now I want to.  I did not find that the marketing had anything to do with the original though.  Maybe I just didn't see some of the things that you did.  @THERetroGamerNY

16 minutes ago, crazydaffodil said:

I did not see Cloverfield, although now I want to.  I did not find that the marketing had anything to do with the original though.  Maybe I just didn't see some of the things that you did.  @THERetroGamerNY

They changed the name from "The Cellar" over to one that included "Cloverfield".

JJ Abrams said it was a "blood relative of Cloverfield" - it has zero to do with it. Cloverfield was a Kaiju movie, this one is nothing even close.

During one preview teaser trailer they inserted the roar of the original Cloverfield monster.

It was fairly deceptive. =\

But still a DAMN good movie! =)

Archived