IGNORED

Kirk Cameron to Produce Pro-slavery Audio Drama

Cleopatra7

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, there were many slaves that stayed to work on the plantations after they were freed, or stayed in the areas.

But that's not because they liked slavery. It's because they had few choices to survive. They need to eat and put roofs over their heads, and many didn't want to leave their families who lived in the area. 

It certainly wasn't because they liked being slaves. That's completely twisting history. 

Why doesn't he just remake Birth of a Nation? Then explain to us why Jim Crow was necessary for a good society and how those civil rights protesters just didn't know their place. Go all out, Kirk.

Of course Kirk Cameron adopted black children! He learned well from The Master(bator) of Exploiting Little Brown Ones to fend off charges of racism... while actively promoting racism. 

PhillipsHaiti_B.jpg

JeanLucFacePalm.thumb.jpg.3a6b9d0f0d982f

Warning: Do not follow the link in the HA article to the article on Kirk's website discussing slavery and scroll down to read the comments. Your eyeballs cross and possibly melt and you might have to get a new computer.

Spoiler

laptop.gif.472de58cec61de06ff0a0345ed1bb

When I read the thread title I really thought it was just going to be some kind of biography of a Confederate General and I would end up defending him because history is history but no. He is actually making a blatantly pro-slavery series. I don't even know how to react to this news honestly, it just sounds so fake/exaggerated. 

10 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Of course Kirk Cameron adopted black children! He learned well from The Master(bator) of Exploiting Little Brown Ones to fend off charges of racism... while actively promoting racism. 

PhillipsHaiti_B.jpg

This picture makes me laugh every single time. The look on that kid's face! 

What confuses me is the condescension with regards to African Americans and their 'inability to evolve'. I was not aware Kirk Cameron believes in evolution. 

23 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

PhillipsHaiti_B.jpg

The kid in the background is doing a creative nose scratch!

5 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

What confuses me is the condescension with regards to African Americans and their 'inability to evolve'. I was not aware Kirk Cameron believes in evolution. 

Many people who claim not to believe in biological evolution seem to be staunch believers in Social Darwinism, which is probably what Henry was referring to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Darwinism

30 minutes ago, refugee said:

Don't do him any favors.

Okay, sick humor, blame it on the cold meds.

Yeah he'd probably enjoy it too much.

2 hours ago, Crocoduck said:

So, this is disgusting, but thanks to @Cleopatra7 and Homeschoolers Anonymous for bringing this to light.

Regarding his adopted children, isn't it some kind of a thing in fundie circles to adopt children of different races as a way to "bring them to God" or some nonsense like that? I've seen bits and pieces about this on FJ, but I don't know enough to draw the whole picture. Can someone fill this in?

Here's a good place to start: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/christian-evangelical-adoption-liberia

Kathryn Joyce went on to write a book expanding on this topic. It features one of our FJers (on the good side of the issue).

Cameron likes to write about how we are all one race, and he forgets which of his kids were adopted. How he reconciles this with Henty I cannot imagine.

Two points:
Who will voice the black characters?

and 

I can't wait for this to be brought up on The View between Whoopi and Kirk's ignorant sister.  :angry-cussingargument:

8 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I can't wait for this to be brought up on The View between Whoopi and Kirk's ignorant sister.  :angry-cussingargument:

I saw a headline on FB that said Whoopi has been behaving erratically when not on camera, so that could really be an interesting show.  

41 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

Here's a good place to start: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/christian-evangelical-adoption-liberia

Kathryn Joyce went on to write a book expanding on this topic. It features one of our FJers (on the good side of the issue).

Cameron likes to write about how we are all one race, and he forgets which of his kids were adopted. How he reconciles this with Henty I cannot imagine.

I think Cameron and those of their ilk not consider themselves to be "colorblind," but think that the effects of racism, past and present are highly exaggerated, if not completely non-existent. They would say that racism is a problem of individual people being "sinful" towards other individuals, which should be a matter for the churches to handle. The problem is that the churches are generally been part of the problem, rather than the solution when it comes to racism. During the Cold War era, advocating for civil rights for blacks was considered ill-advised at best and outright "communist" at worst. In the South, accusing a white person of being an NAACP supporter was worse (and more dangerous) than calling them "communist." When white funedegelicals say racism is a "sin problem," they don't even believe it, since they aren't out there having rallies against racism like they have rallies against other perceived sins like abortion, Planned Parenthood, or same -sex marriage. Being "colorblind" isn't helpful when real-life people are being hurt because of the color of their skin and you refuse to see it.

Why this Kirk, did the financing to produce Thomas Dixon's The Clansman fall through?  

6 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think Cameron and those of their ilk not consider themselves to be "colorblind," but think that the effects of racism, past and present are highly exaggerated, if not completely non-existent.

I agree, and our mixed family has experienced a good deal of that: "Oh it's so great you have black children; personally, I don't even see color." Huh? Leaving racism, legacy of slavery and Jim Crow, and lots of other issues aside, how do those two statements go together?

But even if I granted him the "colorblind" issue, how about Henty's views on color-coded intelligence and civilization? Does Cameron think his biracial children get their IQ from the white side? I have a hard time even typing this.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This picture makes me laugh every single time. The look on that kid's face! 

...and the look on Doug's face, too; so angelic, so tender and mild. And the way Doug's soft, tiny baby hands are wrapped so artfully around the unfortunate lad's torso. It's so very-- dare I say?-- Roman Catholic. Mommy would be proud, Doug!

St_Anthony_of_Padua.jpg

What in FUCK is happening? Slavery is bad -- full stop. I don't care if the master was a swell guy who gave out candy on Christmas Eve, people must never own other people. Kirk Cameron and the rest of his racist ilk need to shut the fuck up and not be fucking lousy people. What do they want next? Enslave others but in a good, Christian way? Because that is not possible. Not at all. 

The Homeschooler's Anonymous article was tough to read. I did not realize that Cameron had adopted kids, either. What history lessons have those kids learned?

I've loathed Kirk Cameron since hearing about his controlling behavior, under the guise of "religion", on Growing Pains. Many people that worked on the show did not have anything nice to say about him. As he was a big star at the time they had no choice but to pander to his whims. :frown:

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

PhillipsHaiti_B.jpg

That kid looks like he really wants to knee Doug in the groin.

Archived