IGNORED

Kirk Cameron to Produce Pro-slavery Audio Drama

Cleopatra7

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I think a lot of it is that he's not Leading Man Handsome, and there are plenty of younger/more marketable actors who have his look and fit his acting niche (determined underdog in drama/funny sidekick in comedy). He was pretty good on 24 and he was awesome in LOTR, but his career has been at a standstill for at least a decade. I really, really hope he just took this project for the paycheck and doesn't actually believe in this crap. Hell, Sir Laurence Olivier made a propaganda film for the Moonies, but he was very, very clear about the fact that he was doing it for the money.

But Sean Astin has done voice work, which can be lucrative for performers who can tolerate it. It seems that he can, since he did Meercat Manor for so long. I agree with @Vex actors don't take roles like these without "good" reason. I read something about Astin a long time ago that tipped me off to his views, but I don't remember what it was. Butter is quite expensive these days. I like to wait for it to go on sale and then stock up. <-- my comment felt disjointed and weird, so I decided to do a Taryn with it. Pretend I inserted a bible verse, too.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, halcionne said:

I just happened upon another Cameron kid of color:

I'm disgusted.

Here's a chicken-or-egg problem for you: did Ben Carson go to the David Rodrigues Institute for Dead-Eyed Slack-Jawed Facial Expressions, or did David Rodrigues go to the Ben Carson Institute for Dead-Eyed Slack-Jawed Facial Expressions?

1 hour ago, halcionne said:

I just happened upon another Cameron kid of color:

I'm disgusted.

I'm surprised the Camerons seem to be supporting Ben Carson, since as a Seventh Day Adventist, he'd be the wrong kind of Christian by their standards. I would figure that Ted Cruz would be more up their alley, but who knows what they're thinking or how they reach decisions.

On 2/13/2016 at 7:35 AM, anjulibai said:

The most recent thing I saw Sean Astin in was for an app for a game having to do The Hobbit. Guy must be hard pressed for money. 

That may be, but he's also a dedicated geek (and gamer) who loved that he had the opportunity to do The Hobbit. He may have done it because it's what he loves, just like he did a role on Alan Tudyk's "Con Man", a low budget series about scifi/fantasy fandom.

Oh, and I've seen Sean Astin in several of those schlocky Xtian movies. I think he probably enjoys doing feel-good G-rated movies.

11 hours ago, halcionne said:

But Sean Astin has done voice work, which can be lucrative for performers who can tolerate it. It seems that he can, since he did Meercat Manor for so long. I agree with @Vex actors don't take roles like these without "good" reason. I read something about Astin a long time ago that tipped me off to his views, but I don't remember what it was. Butter is quite expensive these days. I like to wait for it to go on sale and then stock up. <-- my comment felt disjointed and weird, so I decided to do a Taryn with it. Pretend I inserted a bible verse, too.

As a mother of young kids, I can attest to his voice work. He's on TMNT and Special Agent Oso. Nickelodeon and Disney respectively. 

On 2/7/2016 at 1:48 PM, Elegant Mess said:

@47of74, I'll pile on!

double_facepalm.jpg

psychedelic facepalm.jpg

The absolute only, ONLY times I could ever condone someone having had slaves is something I've never heard about happening, and that would be to buy them to make sure that they're cared for and safe, or to buy them to give them freedom when it was relatively safe to do that, instead of risking landing in the hands of owners who'd beat them.  But I've never heard of someone buying black people for that reason, only to actually use them as slaves.  And even if someone were to buy black people to keep them safe from abuse, there's still a hefty heap of dehumanzing because you're still having to buy people.

Archived