IGNORED

In superstition we trust

latraviata

I've seen several of his videos in the past, and while I think his arguments against religion and his style of debating are not very good, I think he hit the nail on the head in the first three minutes of this video when he talks about the religiosity of the US and it being connected so closely with politics.

And this is really not fathomable, at least to me. Angela Merkel is the daughter of a pastor, but, as far as anybody can tell, not much into religion, she, at least it is told so, took down the crucifix in the office when she took over from Schroeder. And now what? Nobody cares! It is her private affair if she worships Jesus, decides to become a Dianic wicca or be an atheist. And I think this is the way it should be. Politicians should not be judged for their believes, but for their ABILITY to rule a country.

Everyone who thinks that being a Christian makes you automatically suited for office is, ahem, lacking in logic. Great statemen have existed in all times, cultures and religions, not only in christian times, and taking score of the history of christian europe, I can't pretend it is less violent than any other culture.

Archived