IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 4

Boogalou

4 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

One thing I love about my birth control (beyond the obvious it allows me to NOT GET PREGNANT) is keeping my cycles so regulated that I know exactly what day of the week I will get my period, even down to the hour I'll get it. If that's TMI, oh well, the point is love have autonomy over my own body and the fact it allows me and my husband the choice of when we want to be parents.

down to the hour - fascinating - and here I am one of those always keeps something on hand :D

but down to the hour - props to you HUGE 

a woman has the right and a knowledge to their own body - I love it 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nst said:

down to the hour - fascinating - and here I am one of those always keeps something on hand :D

but down to the hour - props to you HUGE 

a woman has the right and a knowledge to their own body - I love it 

Yeah, even before I went on the pill, I was pretty well regulated. However, now that I am on it, it's like my cycle has become super regulated. I am 28 and getting to an age where I am starting to think about children (in a few years) and I have been asking my mom a lot of questions about her pregnancy/labor because we basically have the same exact body and health, and I want to know what I might expect down the road. Anyways, her period symptoms were pretty much similar to mine. So, that narrowed down to the hour I am putting on genetics. Also... my mom went through menopause a few years ago and it was a little bit brutal for her. I swear, it was like looking at mirror of what I can expect 20 years from now. GREAT.

2 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

How are cheaters rehabilitated? 

I'm a fan of the Bobbit Method. But to each their own.

I must be the only person whose cycle was not regulated by most birth control. For years while I was on the pill, I only got my period during the placebo week maybe 4 times. Once I got it right mid cycle for over two weeks, other times it would show up for 10 days, and during the active drug section almost every time. Sometimes my periods would be two weeks apart, other times I wouldn't get it for an entire "cycle." I had an alarm for the time of day to take it and I was late on 3 total pills all those years, so I'm not sure what I could have done differently.

Went off bc while I got a lump in my breast checked out, and my periods normalized somewhat. Now I have fairly regular cycles (I at least know which week to expect it) that usually last less than a week!

(I did have a brief stint more recently with nuvaring that regulated me as it was supposed to, but I didn't stay on it for other reasons)

I think I am just beginning the peri-menopause stage or my never reliable cycle is getting worse.  I was 4 days late this time, but an usually 2 or 3 days early.  If it weren't for the time tested tubal ligation I had, I would have been very nervous.

29 minutes ago, Elvis Presby said:

I think I am just beginning the peri-menopause stage or my never reliable cycle is getting worse.  I was 4 days late this time, but an usually 2 or 3 days early.  If it weren't for the time tested tubal ligation I had, I would have been very nervous.

Do you mind if I ask how old you are? I'll be 40 in 6 months and I think I am entering perimenopause. Things have been really hard for me with, mood swings, exhaustion, heart palps, lack of drive, etc. I had lots of blood work done and heart tests and all are ok. The only thing the doc didn't check was my hormone levels.  She will check if I ask her but she wanted to look at more major stuff first. For the first time ever I was late last month.  I have been reading a lot about it and it can start as young as 35 and last for 10 years (although not necessarily with always the same symptoms and intensity). Apparently, a lot of women go through hell and don't know what is  going on as many say things like "oh you're too young for that." Sorry to ramble! 

Then there are those of us who had very late menopause.  I remember my doctor telling me that some of her patients in their mid 50s who hadn't yet had menopause were really pissed off. 

I was a few years past 50 at that point and thought if it didn't happen soon, I was going to jump off a damn cliff.   

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Then there are those of us who had very late menopause.  I remember my doctor telling me that some of her patients in their mid 50s who hadn't yet had menopause were really pissed off. 

I was a few years past 50 at that point and thought if it didn't happen soon, I was going to jump off a damn cliff.   

Yikes! I bet! That seems like too long to wait for at least a sign it's coming! 

9 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Yeah, even before I went on the pill, I was pretty well regulated. However, now that I am on it, it's like my cycle has become super regulated. I am 28 and getting to an age where I am starting to think about children (in a few years) and I have been asking my mom a lot of questions about her pregnancy/labor because we basically have the same exact body and health, and I want to know what I might expect down the road. Anyways, her period symptoms were pretty much similar to mine. So, that narrowed down to the hour I am putting on genetics. Also... my mom went through menopause a few years ago and it was a little bit brutal for her. I swear, it was like looking at mirror of what I can expect 20 years from now. GREAT.

i want to say something really nice - and please don't take it meanly 

we are not our mothers - :) meaning health wise - we are seperate people and if you have more questions about what I mean pm me :)

just my opinion 

1 hour ago, Piano gal said:

Hysterectomy. 

Loving it. 

Haha

I wish I could get one every time my period starts (I get super heavy and mad cramps first two days) or every time I want to have sex and not use a condom. 

2 hours ago, Jenirishdancer said:

Do you mind if I ask how old you are? I'll be 40 in 6 months and I think I am entering perimenopause. Things have been really hard for me with, mood swings, exhaustion, heart palps, lack of drive, etc. I had lots of blood work done and heart tests and all are ok. The only thing the doc didn't check was my hormone levels.  She will check if I ask her but she wanted to look at more major stuff first. For the first time ever I was late last month.  I have been reading a lot about it and it can start as young as 35 and last for 10 years (although not necessarily with always the same symptoms and intensity). Apparently, a lot of women go through hell and don't know what is  going on as many say things like "oh you're too young for that." Sorry to ramble! 

I don't mind at all.  I am 44, will be 45 in June.  As far as other symptoms go, I haven't really noticed anything different other than (more) irregular cycles.  I am betting that I still probably have about 5 years left before menopause.  Every time one of my friends gets a hysterectomy I am more than a little jealous.

14 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I wish I could get one every time my period starts (I get super heavy and mad cramps first two days) or every time I want to have sex and not use a condom. 

I have the BRACA2 cancer gene so had to have it out. Enjoying it though. 

Meeechelle would be jealous. What would she give to have those few extra years ;)

Love my evil Mirana IUD.  Very late menopause is common in my family.  Grandma had last baby @ 52.  Mom didn't go through menopause until 56.   

Did you know that menopause is only 1 day?  It is the day that it has been 1 year since the beginning of your last cycle.  Now that I am coming up on that season of life I have been doing a lot of reading on it.  That little nugget of info was news to me!

6 hours ago, Howl said:

Finally went through menopause in the past 6 months at.....57!   At my annual physical last year, my doctor asked me the usual--when was my last period (I suspect thinking that I would say 2005).  When I said "last month".  He replied: "Why?"  I thought it was a good question at the time.  

I was probably the envy of J'Shelle--potentially another dozen years of baby making.

58 minutes ago, Elvis Presby said:

Did you know that menopause is only 1 day?  It is the day that it has been 1 year since the beginning of your last cycle.  Now that I am coming up on that season of life I have been doing a lot of reading on it.  That little nugget of info was news to me!

So it's sort of like the anniversary of the beginning of your last cycle?

5 minutes ago, moondaze said:

So it's sort of like the anniversary of the beginning of your last cycle?

And to think, we have to grow a goatee, have night sweats, and hot flashes just for that. one. day.

On 1/1/2016 at 4:10 AM, luv2laugh said:

I can't understand why Anna would court 19 yr old Josh full well knowing that 15 yr old Josh was molesting children, some under age 10. I just cannot get over it. 

I'm not exactly sure what Josh told Anna about what he did. I know of a similar situation inside of ATIA where the guy told the girl that he had behaved inappropriately and nothing more was said. Or asked. They were married shortly after. 

17 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

One thing I love about my birth control (beyond the obvious it allows me to NOT GET PREGNANT) is keeping my cycles so regulated that I know exactly what day of the week I will get my period, even down to the hour I'll get it. If that's TMI, oh well, the point is love have autonomy over my own body and the fact it allows me and my husband the choice of when we want to be parents.

I don't take BC, but I'm naturally that regular. Which is why I get so freaked out when something happens and it's off. Lol

1 hour ago, Mothership said:

Finally went through menopause in the past 6 months at.....57!   At my annual physical last year, my doctor asked me the usual--when was my last period (I suspect thinking that I would say 2005).  When I said "last month".  He replied: "Why?"  I thought it was a good question at the time.  

I was probably the envy of J'Shelle--potentially another dozen years of baby making.

This is very timely for me! I will be 54 soon and just got my period this morning. I get it every month. I don't know what's up.

I don't think it means my fertility is extended though (my husband is sterile so it's a moot issue). I was told that even if a woman keeps menstruating in her late 40s and early 50s, the quality of the eggs is so poor that a baby cannot be made.

I did start my period late (nearly 15) so I wondering if that is the reason that my period keeps rolling along. Since I have a nervous nature, I can't help but worry that there's some kind of disease associated with non-ending periodness. . . .Since I never got any pregnancies out of these eggs, I am quite anxious for it to end already, as it seems to have no useful purpose.

You just want to make sure it really IS your regular cycle at 57 & not something more troubling.

I went thru it at 54, started at 11.  My daughter started at 13, & went thru menopause at 35. She was heartbroken b/c she was just planning on a second baby.

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Menopause- it's great.

lol PCOS + Mirena = no period in years. Sucked when we were trying to have kids, but we're done with that now so no periods is the best!!!! I'm so glad to not deal with that ever again.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived