IGNORED

Pecan and Priss moving to Texas

WonderingInWA

On December 26, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Seven Severn said:

Looking at their old house in Hinsdale, it's owned by Edward and Lucy Varin. Do the names ring a bell with anyone? Their house is 540 Bonnie Brae Rd. If the info from Intelius is correct, Edward is in his 50s and is a manager at Tradesignals.

The toilet papering happened in Sept. 2012 (that's when street view captured it) so Halloween had nothing to do with it. Maybe it was just due to their being generally annoying. Also, street view isn't necessarily exact. Remember: Address is approximate.

Screen shot 2015-12-26 at 4.19.31 PM.png

Priscilla said they have lived there together for 3 years, so that would have been about the time they, or at least she, moved in. Maybe it was some sort of fundie “house warming” welcome. TPing a house seems like it would be just about at their fun and excitment level.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

@church_of_dogI was wondering about that hole and about the foundation too.  I didn't think basements would be typical but was wondering why not a slab.    

One of my friends in Texas told me that when they had their house built, the contractor told them that a slab was an unnecessary expense. The underlying stone was so close to the surface anyway, and concrete didn't serve any purpose except to make it look clean and since it's the crawl space, it doesn't matter.

As for the hobbit door, I love the way it looks, but I'm pretty sure I would be tripping over it every time. With my natural clumsiness, it would be a major safety hazard. 

1 hour ago, molecule said:

One of my friends in Texas told me that when they had their house built, the contractor told them that a slab was an unnecessary expense. The underlying stone was so close to the surface anyway, and concrete didn't serve any purpose except to make it look clean and since it's the crawl space, it doesn't matter.

As for the hobbit door, I love the way it looks, but I'm pretty sure I would be tripping over it every time. With my natural clumsiness, it would be a major safety hazard. 

@molecule, thanks for clarifying, having underlying stone that close, it would make sense and a slab would be unnecessary.   I am so used to the clay soil here and while you hit clay when digging down pretty fast, you don't run into stone.  It does make it easier to excavate for basements which are so typical here, though. 

I would probably be a disaster with the hobbit door myself but I do love how it looks.

1 hour ago, molecule said:

Yes, agreed.  The few houses I know of here that do have a slab foundation, don't have a crawl space.  I have no idea how you get to anything if needed, or you just have to hope you don't need to mess with anything under the house.  The slab house I'm most familiar with is one that I'm part owner of, that is a rental.  Last year we had to replace the hot water heater.  I'm SOOO glad they didn't need to cut into the concrete -- what a mess that would have been!  But I'm sure it happens sometimes, and then what?  I have no idea.  For houses that do have a crawl space underneath, I agree with not needing a slab, at least for most soils as was mentioned.

So when Josh finishes his "treatment"  will he be shipped to Big Sandy to work on the Waller homestead?

PS  You know what Pecan needs out there in East Texas? A cowboy hat and boots. (with the khakis of course)

Also, chaps.

I have seen many houses in East Texas without basements that do not have a slab foundation.  It is interesting that they will own their own home.  I wonder if that means IBLP will have to start paying people more?  It is a benefit for the employees that real estate in Big Sandy is dirt cheap.  But that would take away some of the control the board can wield over their staff- you are not just walking away from a job but also from your housing, etc. 

Where I live, slab floors, which are then tiled with ceramic or granite tiles, are the norm. Electricity wiring is in the attic, and outlets are quite high on the wall(certainly much higher than I was used to in the UK) to minimise the amount of wall that has to be drilled out if there is a problem with them. Plumbing is as close to the outer wall as possible, also to minimise disruption. I have two houses, one a rental, and(crossing fingers, knocking on wood) have had no serious problems with either. If one does arise, a skilled worker costs between $30 and $45 dollars a day - and sometimes less. I think that may be why developers here do not think too hard about accessibility to pipes and wires!

1 hour ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

I have seen many houses in East Texas without basements that do not have a slab foundation.  It is interesting that they will own their own home.  I wonder if that means IBLP will have to start paying people more?  It is a benefit for the employees that real estate in Big Sandy is dirt cheap.  But that would take away some of the control the board can wield over their staff- you are not just walking away from a job but also from your housing, etc. 

I wonder if IBLP employees buying their own homes has to do with this lawsuit against the organization. 

4 hours ago, keepsweet said:

Priscilla said they have lived there together for 3 years, so that would have been about the time they, or at least she, moved in. Maybe it was some sort of fundie “house warming” welcome. TPing a house seems like it would be just about at their fun and excitment level.

Plus they could "unravel" all that free TP and use it!!

I really really have to get out more...

Now that Davy has moved to Big Sandy--it certainly feels like we should see a Staddon, Keilen or Webster following soon.

Gothard HQ moving to Texas must be the apocalypse! The state has been hit with tornados and floods and snow storms (in El Paso no less! - football game). The fact Gothard is moving must be the cause and Chicago has had the mildest winter so far (Besides the sleet storm today).

--- I hope all FJ Texans are safe and my prayers are with those that have lost friends and family during this insane winter weather. 

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So when Josh finishes his "treatment"  will he be shipped to Big Sandy to work on the Waller homestead?

PS  You know what Pecan needs out there in East Texas? A cowboy hat and boots. (with the khakis of course)

Also, chaps.

Assless chaps, of course. 

I would LOVE to see Josh getting "mentored" in controlling his internet usage and sexual behavior by David Waller.

Mostly because, all speculations on Davy's sexuality aside, he's such a pompous blowhard that it's hard to imagine a more terrible or fitting punishment for Josh.  Personally, given the choice between rehab with Davy or celibacy, I'd choose celibacy.  And honestly Sex Talks with Davy is probably an excellent deterrent for future temptations.  David might have a career ministry here.  

We always knew David was called to "glean the fallen nuts".  

14 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I would LOVE to see Josh getting "mentored" in controlling his internet usage and sexual behavior by David Waller.

Mostly because, all speculations on Davy's sexuality aside, he's such a pompous blowhard that it's hard to imagine a more terrible or fitting punishment for Josh.  Personally, given the choice between rehab with Davy or celibacy, I'd choose celibacy.  And honestly Sex Talks with Davy is probably an excellent deterrent for future temptations.  David might have a career ministry here.  

Josh and the family moving out there is not an unrealistic thought.  He could most certainly work there while working on his book/redemption tour. He would be supervised, and they could easily cut off his internet access.  Anna would have access to her sister and other appropriate things for teh wimmenz.  

29 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Josh and the family moving out there is not an unrealistic thought.  He could most certainly work there while working on his book/redemption tour. He would be supervised, and they could easily cut off his internet access.  Anna would have access to her sister and other appropriate things for teh wimmenz.  

I thought the same thing.  As much as JB wants to keep a personal eye on him after what happened the last time Smuggar moved out of town, they have to place him somewhere. They could find some sort of behind-the-scenes labor for him to do, Pris and Anna would be reunited, and the kids could replace the young aunties with a new set of cousins.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.  I absolutely love the idea of Davey keeping tabs on and giving lectures to Josh.  

Famy, if you're reading this, plant the seed!

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

IBLP is about the only place Josh will be able to find employment, plus he will be surrounded by people who can help keep him in line. I can see this working for a time, but I bet Josh will get tired of his very controlled life and start straying from the path. I don't think he is happy in the IBLP/fundie/quiverful lifestyle. 

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Gothard HQ moving to Texas must be the apocalypse! The state has been hit with tornados and floods and snow storms (in El Paso no less! - football game). The fact Gothard is moving must be the cause and Chicago has had the mildest winter so far (Besides the sleet storm today).

--- I hope all FJ Texans are safe and my prayers are with those that have lost friends and family during this insane winter weather. 

I agree. It's the Gothapocolypse. 

The tornados were 20 miles from me; we had to spent a fair amt of.time in the shelter (i.e. bathroom).   No damage for us, but all the footage is shocking. 

Looking at the big hole in the master...maybe a huge roof leak there that buckled the floor? 

I am still so confused by the choice of Big Sandy.  It's so far from a commercial airport, it's really far from any reasonable city, it's in the middle of nowhere.  It's where I would put an isolationist polygamist compound, not an evangelical outreach ministry.

I do know one thing though, messing with Texas didn't work out so well for Warren Jeffs.

2 minutes ago, Idolatry said:

I am still so confused by the choice of Big Sandy.  It's so far from a commercial airport, it's really far from any reasonable city, it's in the middle of nowhere.  It's where I would put an isolationist polygamist compound, not an evangelical outreach ministry.

I do know one thing though, messing with Texas didn't work out so well for Warren Jeffs.

Since they already own the ATI property there, I assumed it was only logical financially for the organization.

3 minutes ago, Idolatry said:

I think it was meant to be a retreat/family camp for Gothardites, so a large piece of reasonably inexpensive property was desirable. 

Rehab with Dave Waller sounds like utter hell, but I agree - it seems the only sensible move for Josh. 

ETA:

just looked the house up on google maps. It's not even in Big Sandy proper - it's in the arse end of nowhere! nice big plot though and there seems to be some kind of shed on the property, too.

Also: I'm Not a "Job Type" person with this! woohoo! someone give me a house.

19 hours ago, Georgiana said:

*Snipped* (Which, consequently, is what David and Josh should be...)

And honestly Sex Talks with Davy is probably an excellent deterrent for future temptations.  David might have a career ministry here.  

Sounds like a late night radio talk show.  Or a Saturday Night Live skit. 

It would make sense for JB to exile relocate Josh to Big Sandy for supervision  to join the Pecan in a ministry while JB  attempts to rebuild the Duggar brand.  But common sense is something that JB is lacking.  I think he will keep Josh under very tight lockdown   employed in a family business.  

I agree it would make a lot of sense to relocate Josh & family to Big Sandy. I think he would be miserable there--I got the feeling he really enjoyed working & playing in DC.

Perhaps he could even start up a business (used car lot again?) there to cater to the influx of Gothardites.  How about a Chic-fil-a franchise? I just checked their website & the nearest one to Big Sandy is 19 miles away in Longview

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived