IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

8 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Oh, sorry, I posted that really quick before running out.  TheAshley is a reality tv gossip blog that seems to have a lot of sources in the reality TV world.  Her source for her SiRen info, though, seems to be from a press conference the family did while in NZ.

No worries, and thanks for explaining! :) So the question I have now is, is TheAshley's source Pickles, or is Pickles' source TheAshley? Either way, it seems that Pickles' super secret ultra exclusive anonymous source isn't so exclusive after all. As usual.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they were probably pre-courtship and she was scheduled to go along, and maybe he finally just asked right before they left. So yeah, announcement is pending, that is for sure!!

Who's announcement first though....Jessa or Josiah??

I guess for shorthand we should start Calling all new  babies by the last name and their number in the their respective collectives... Dillard3, JoKen1, so on. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

No worries, and thanks for explaining! :) So the question I have now is, is TheAshley's source Pickles, or is Pickles' source TheAshley? Either way, it seems that Pickles' super secret ultra exclusive anonymous source isn't so exclusive after all. As usual.

TheAshley credited Pickles with the story.  My guess is that locals are just reporting what they’re seeing and hearing.  Apparently this SiRen stuff came out at a news conference.  Not exactly super exclusive, lol.

21 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I guess for shorthand we should start Calling all new  babies by the last name and their number in the their respective collectives... Dillard3, JoKen1, so on. 

That's how I have them in my spreadsheet...Including JoKen #1. 

It seems that they have a more extensive getting to know each other period than they did prior to Joshgate. JinJer already seemed in love by the time the courtship proposal was filmed. I wouldn't be surprised if Siren's courtship is just a formality like JinJer's and Joken and Joystin's seemed to be. I'm with the rest of you who think that they're gearing up for a late spring/ early summer wedding.

38 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Just speaking as someone with math dyslexia, this is going to get REALLY confusing REALLY fast. :pb_lol:

I keep forgetting there's a Josiah thread and I went to duggar gen. I'm surprised they've only been dating a week. I'm kind of wondering if they meant last January? Could they hide a courtship for that long?

12 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I keep forgetting there's a Josiah thread and I went to duggar gen. I'm surprised they've only been dating a week. I'm kind of wondering if they meant last January? Could they hide a courtship for that long?

I doubt it. SiRen have known eachother for a long time. It's not like with Ben getting to know Jessa. These two already know quite a bit about one another. I doubt they would need a year long courtship. 

16 hours ago, singsingsing said:

January 6th?! I mean, I'm not surprised, but in another way I'm endlessly surprised that these people never seem to learn from their past mistakes. Courting for like a week and they're taking her to Australia and having her sign her name with his?

This also made me wonder. They must have planned for her to come along a while ago, I don't see him asking her if she wants to start a courtship and then deciding last minute to buy her a super expensive plane ticket to come along. I'm a hopeless romantic, so having this all planned before he even asked her to court is so... not romantic (because you'll know what will happen anyway).

Would they take a "special friend" (who is only in the "getting to know" phase) along for such a huge trip? Maybe she already lived with the Duggars as a nanny/tutor/whatever, do we know?

They could have also been in a "getting to know each other" phase like Tori Bates and her now husband, who I think were together for a while before they started courting.  Which seems to be a kind of pre-engagement phase.

Being this is the Duggars though, probably not.  

14 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

My guess is that locals are just reporting what they’re seeing and hearing.  Apparently this SiRen stuff came out at a news conference.  Not exactly super exclusive, lol.

Were there any actual reporters at this "news conference" I wonder?

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Were there any actual reporters at this "news conference" I wonder?

I'm sure in Pickles' mind her sources are super important and worthy of that title. :pb_lol: 

11 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Well, at least he had genuinely nice things to say about her and why he likes her (and they weren’t all focused on Jesus and God.)

9 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Should we start taking guesses for when he’ll propose?

I’m guessing they’ll be engaged before the end of April and married before the end of August. I could be completely wrong, but the Duggars don’t waste much time after announcing a courtship. 

ETA: They make an attractive couple. I really wish that weren’t so young though - solely because the chances of them adding a ton of kids to the cult is higher the younger these couples marry. I hope they’re genuinely happy though.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Well, at least he had genuinely nice things to say about her and why he likes her (and they weren’t all focused on Jesus and God.)

Really? :D I was thinking his description of what he likes about Lauren was particularly filled with Christianese bla bla.

6 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Really? :D I was thinking his description of what he likes about Lauren was particularly filled with Christianese bla bla.

I was thinking about how he said she has a knack for helping out the person in the room who seems saddest or loneliest. That’s a good quality to have regardless of your religion. 

Usually the Duggars make statements that are pretty heavy on the Jesus, so this may have thrown me off a bit. :pb_lol:

No surprise at all. Josiah looks very scruffy in the announcement video. Lauren will fit in well, she's got the long curly hair and the creepy fundie admiring look down. But they seem happy so...good for them. 

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I was thinking about how he said she has a knack for helping out the person in the room who seems saddest or loneliest. That’s a good quality to have regardless of your religion.

Agreed, but the fact that she tries to help them with an encouraging scripture or prayer kind of ruined it for me. :pb_lol: All in all, it's probably just par for the course for the Duggars.

I agree that Lauren, from what little we've seen of her, fits right in. I'll predict a March engagement and June wedding.

I liked how she interrupted him to say ‘put god first’ she has the stock Duggar phrases down well but needs to practise not interrupting the headship. B+ from me

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived