IGNORED

3 Maxwell girls on 'road trip'

albanuadh_1

Right on the heels of FJites talking about the seven sisters and all that they get to do. Such a coincidence!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh damn, I really thought this meant the three sisters were actually traveling somewhere together.  Turns out they were just picking up Moody books from the printer.

Yes, I think everything about that post was aimed at their detractors.  Not just the females traveling alone (if they indeed were alone), but also Sarah's remark about people really appreciating her writing style.  In your face FJ, I can almost hear them saying.

That remark also seemed pretty darned self congratulatory too.  Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, Sarah.

Wow, never thought I would have anything in common with Sarah Maxwell but we both over do it on Salted Carmel Mocha's, heck I just had one today (and a cakepop ^.^) Happy to see the girls getting out on their own. And yes I think the writing style comment is directed to us Snarkers. Then again all the familes who read these books probably haven't even read so much as Goosebumps book. :special-snowflake2:

This reminds me! John is supposed to be in Long Beach, CA, all this week for an irrigation conference (he posted this on his LinkedIn, someone else posted it here). Now that's a real trip. 

This reminds me! John is supposed to be in Long Beach, CA, all this week for an irrigation conference (he posted this on his LinkedIn, someone else posted it here). Now that's a real trip. 

He could have so much fun in Long Beach. Two of my favorite Spanish restaurants are there. I wonder how he handles a whole week with people that are unlikely to be funny. People usually make friends, if only for the length of the conference. Does he have dinner with them?  Hang out with them at all? I am sure he isn't getting a drink at a bar with them but I wonder if he just stays in his room during his free time. 

He could have so much fun in Long Beach. Two of my favorite Spanish restaurants are there. I wonder how he handles a whole week with people that are unlikely to be funny. People usually make friends, if only for the length of the conference. Does he have dinner with them?  Hang out with them at all? I am sure he isn't getting a drink at a bar with them but I wonder if he just stays in his room during his free time. 

Probably. I can't very well see him going out for Cambodian food or hanging out where he might run into members of the local LGBT community. Then again, there's the Queen Mary, there's the aquarium, and he could always catch a ferry to Catalina. :my_biggrin:

Agreeing with everyone saying that post was directed at us.

It looks to me like Anna took the picture; judging by the position of her right shoulder it looks like she's holding the camera out.

That's what it looks like to me as well.

Yep, show starts today. Next year's show will be in Las Vegas. Can't wait to see if he goes to that one.

I wonder how he handles a whole week with people that are unlikely to be funny.

I assume auto-correct changed "fundie" to "funny"; if not, well never mind. I was just going to say that, in my experience, the LDS make up the majority of "irrigation people" (experts, vendors, and so on) so he should be just fine.

He will also probably be totally disoriented if he goes out in the evening, after a lifetime of 9pm bedtimes.

I like to think he will have a sneaky alcoholic drink or two with his buddy JonMarie, maybe as a foursome with the new Mrs Demcak and a friend for John.

But realistically he probably couldn't manage much wild living, without giving the game away by feeling and looking totally rough within a day or so. And I am near certain he will need to be available for video calls to his fast-angry daddy, to check he is not falling out of line.

I assume auto-correct changed "fundie" to "funny"; if not, well never mind. I was just going to say that, in my experience, the LDS make up the majority of "irrigation people" (experts, vendors, and so on) so he should be just fine.

I know two LDS families and they would be consider wild and worldly compared to the Maxwells. Sure they don't drink, swear, or have sex out of wedlock but for the most part they don't stand out wildly different than the other people I know. Maybe it's regional?

Hmm. John goes to a conference in Long Beach today and today is the start of Steve's week long fast. 

That cannot be a coincidence. 

Cue Aunt Pittipat, from "Gone With the Wind:"

"Without a chaperone?? It SIMply ISn't DONE!!!:pearlclutching:

"Don't you DARE faint, Marian.  Steve Maxwell says it's all right.  And if Steve says it's all right, then it IS all right."

Oh, good grief. I thought they actually went somewhere. All they did was escape the 1-mile perimeter. Did Steve turn off the invisible shock fence for a couple of hours? Maybe it's like when you have a puppy and you allow them incrementally more and more time alone out of the crate. Except now the puppy is in her 30s.

I know two LDS families and they would be consider wild and worldly compared to the Maxwells. Sure they don't drink, swear, or have sex out of wedlock but for the most part they don't stand out wildly different than the other people I know. Maybe it's regional?

Yeah, most LDS members watch TV, go to the movies, kids are encouraged to go away to college (BYU) upon turning 18, single people date, and women wear pants outside of church. 

Way too risque for John. 

He will also probably be totally disoriented if he goes out in the evening, after a lifetime of 9pm bedtimes.

I like to think he will have a sneaky alcoholic drink or two with his buddy JonMarie, maybe as a foursome with the new Mrs Demcak and a friend for John.

But realistically he probably couldn't manage much wild living, without giving the game away by feeling and looking totally rough within a day or so. And I am near certain he will need to be available for video calls to his fast-angry daddy, to check he is not falling out of line.

A foursome? Oh my... :tw_wink:

The wildest I see John getting is a Long Island Iced Tea (perhaps not realizing it's alcohol) and late night cable. Maybe skipping Bible time once or twice. Baby steps.

A foursome? Oh my... :tw_wink:

The wildest I see John getting is a Long Island Iced Tea (perhaps not realizing it's alcohol) and late night cable. Maybe skipping Bible time once or twice. Baby steps.

Let's keep in mind that this isn't the first time he's been away on one of these trips. Last year's trip to drop off Uriah coincided with the conference, though that detail was left out of the blog. Also, his LinkedIn post makes it sound like he's gone several times. He may be as far along as purposely having a drink and eating properly prepared lobster.

Poor Sarah (I guess she's responding to the commenter) says she's gearing up for peppermint mochas as the holiday season approaches.

Two observations:  Who knew they acknowledge the non-Nativity parts of the holiday season...

...and...

...watchit, PSarah - when your dad sees your idolization of flavored mochas, you'll be back on water!

I've tried to see if their "charming small town" is identifiable.  Nope.  But presuming that their book printer is in Kansas City, the likeliest small towns they'd've driven through are Basehor and Bonner Springs, KS.  Maybe 20 minutes from Leavenworth?  It's a start.

Tonight is a talent show at the Irrigation conference. http://www.irrigation.org/irrigationshow/  It strikes me John's travels are more fun than what the girls get. 

Opening Night Party: IA’s Got Talent

Tuesday, Nov. 10 | 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.

Bogart & Co. | Pacific Gallery

2014OpeningNightParty.JPG 

Last year, Irrigation Show attendees dazzled us with their impressive singing chops during our karaoke-themed opening night party. This year, we’re kicking things up a notch with our first-ever IA’s Got Talent! Singers, dancers, jugglers, comedians, fire breathers … you’re all welcome. Regardless of your act, we want to see your hidden talents!.  . . The top three finalists will perform live at the IA’s Got Talent! opening night party, where the winner will be announced. The grand prize winner will take home a trophy, bragging rights AND a flat-screen TV.

. . . 

The closing night party is even more interesting

Viva Las Vegas! Closing Night Party

Thursday, Nov. 12, 5:30 p.m. –8:00 p.m. | Grand Ballroom

Get ready for next year's show at the Viva Las Vegas closing night party. Wrap up a productive show while enjoying live music from a classic Vegas lounge act.

Brush up your technique with free gambling lessons, then see if Lady Luck is on your side as you play to win cool prizes at craps, roulette and poker. Don't leave without a show girl selfie to remember the evening.

Do you think when they return from their big outing, Steve questions them about how many people* they shared the good news with? 

*women only, of course! 

o you think when they return from their big outing, Steve questions them about how many people* they shared the good news with? 

*women only, of course! 

I think, if anything, they're told not to talk to anyone unless necessary.

And since we've been talking about John, looks like he finally sold a house last month. http://www.realtor.com/realestateagents/John-Maxwell_Lansing_KS_2170198_007904685

@Dru you're probably right. I don't condone their "soul winning" efforts but I definitely roll my eyes at how it's SO important to share with everyone! Yet, the girls are (possibly) told not to speak with anyone. 

Archived