IGNORED

3 Maxwell girls on 'road trip'

albanuadh_1

New post up.  Apparently, people enjoy Sarah's writing style! And... Sarah, Anna and Mary are visiting small towns; something to do with Sarah's new book.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they must have had a (male) chaperone along to take the photos.:kitty-wink:

I'm guessing they were taking photos as inspiration, so that Sarah will be able to write more dull, literal descriptions of the places that the Natemels will visit in the new series, and Mary won't need to strain her imagination when drawing the illustrations.

I am sure some people do enjoy Sarah's writing style and others enjoy it to snark on.  

i wonder where those international moody orders go...

Canada.

On the subject of writing style.  Anyone who has read any amount of children's literature will know that Sarah actually has no writing style, she just writes poorly.   One only needs to  stroll  the Amazon reviews of her books to understand.  Everything is good about it, because Jesus.  Really, that is pretty much all the positive reviews are.  Someone even admits, the book is dull, but it is good, because Jesus.  The Maxwells, being very good at heaping out criticism on anyone and everyone are exceedingly poor at taking any of it themselves.  Pretty sure, that is a sin and will send you to hell (take note Steve).

Maxwells and Maxwell ilk, Sarah's writing style is not good. Continuing to say it is good is not going to make it happen.  What is going to make it happen, is Sarah READING and TAKING CLASSES and TALKING TO OTHER AUTHORS.

Cue Aunt Pittipat, from "Gone With the Wind:"

"Without a chaperone?? It SIMply ISn't DONE!!!:pearlclutching:

Cue Aunt Pittipat, from "Gone With the Wind:"

"Without a chaperone?? It SIMply ISn't DONE!!!:pearlclutching:

I doubt they were alone. I'm guessing one of the parents went with, but wasn't included in the picture to make it look like the girls are allowed to be by themselves. 

I do not trust anything they put on that blog to be the whole story. 

And this reminds me I've got to update my review of the newest book. 

The country of Africa, of course!

This read as directed at FreeJinger.  Comments here have included "Poor Sarah can't just go to Starbucks and have a coffee" so they show the girls buying starbucks type coffees. 

The girls can't just go out on their own shopping, etc. (see they can too) (What is that metal cup the first one is in???? Is it one of their own travel cups?

I tried to figure out the backgrounds of the towns, but didn't get enough to guess. 

Canada.

On the subject of writing style.  Anyone who has read any amount of children's literature will know that Sarah actually has no writing style, she just writes poorly.   One only needs to  stroll  the Amazon reviews of her books to understand.  Everything is good about it, because Jesus.  Really, that is pretty much all the positive reviews are.  Someone even admits, the book is dull, but it is good, because Jesus.  The Maxwells, being very good at heaping out criticism on anyone and everyone are exceedingly poor at taking any of it themselves.  Pretty sure, that is a sin and will send you to hell (take note Steve).

Maxwells and Maxwell ilk, Sarah's writing style is not good. Continuing to say it is good is not going to make it happen.  What is going to make it happen, is Sarah READING and TAKING CLASSES and TALKING TO OTHER AUTHORS.

Or even just talking to other people outside her family and cultural background.

Sarah's writing style strikes me as very similar to how I would write when I was in 4th grade or so and trying to emulate the authors I had read (though even then I'd try to do things like write in a very "Victorian" style because I'd read a book that was written as a fictionalized diary of young Queen Victoria) -- it sounds like she's doing what she's been told is "good writing", but she doesn't know how to give it personality and life or to make it less dull. If she'd read more books the employ different styles and hear how people other than her family speak, her books wouldn't sound like an alien trying to write a YA novel to prove that she is indeed a meatba--I mean--hyoo-man.

This read as directed at FreeJinger.  Comments here have included "Poor Sarah can't just go to Starbucks and have a coffee" so they show the girls buying starbucks type coffees. 

The girls can't just go out on their own shopping, etc. (see they can too) (What is that metal cup the first one is in???? Is it one of their own travel cups?

I tried to figure out the backgrounds of the towns, but didn't get enough to guess. 

I agree, I definitely think this was aimed at detractors to show us that the Maxwells occasionally leave the mothership and occasionally eat things off of the regular mothership menu.

Unfortunately for them, it doesn't prove anything to me. When I drive into a neighboring small town, it doesn't warrant a blog post, instagram, etc. because its not a big event. It usually just means I wanted some cheap produce or needed something from Wal Mart. 

When I read "Roadtrip" I imagined they were off on their travels somewhere for a break.  It actually seems as though they have just popped to a neighbouring town and had coffee after running their errands.

It is a little disingenuous of them not to mention the chaperone, but we know there must be one from the photo evidence.  Well, they could have asked a passer-by, but I am not sure their great conversation skills would allow them to ask a stranger to take a photo, without frightening off said stranger with tracts and death talk. ;)

I was also excited by the roadtrip aspect.  Ah well.  I guess excitement for them IS just going to a nearby town and getting a Starbucks.

Something positive about the blog entry:  Sarah looks very pretty in that last picture. 

Something negative about the blog entry:  Everything else.  The fact that they think it is so interesting to tell us that they got salted caramel lattes not once but twice tells us about their focus.  What about the small towns you visited, Sarah?  Did you see nothing else of interest to remark upon?  And again with the mysterious hints?  Blah.  Your big secrets are never interesting.

How many books do you think Sarah sells of each title?  2000?  5000? 

Oh damn, I really thought this meant the three sisters were actually traveling somewhere together.  Turns out they were just picking up Moody books from the printer.

Yes, I think everything about that post was aimed at their detractors.  Not just the females traveling alone (if they indeed were alone), but also Sarah's remark about people really appreciating her writing style.  In your face FJ, I can almost hear them saying.

That remark also seemed pretty darned self congratulatory too.  Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, Sarah.

I am sure they out in an errand maybe an hour away and stopped twice on the way there or back. Maybe to get gas, go to the bathroom or just to get coffee. It's nothing to us but it might have been thrilling to them. Kind of like when you are a kid and get to stay home alone for the first time. 

Just hurriedly read the earlier blog post about scheduling and it brought to mind the I Love Lucy episode about her schedule.  The dinner party that Lucy hosts while "performing like a trained seal" is hilarious.  

I agree, I definitely think this was aimed at detractors to show us that the Maxwells occasionally leave the mothership and occasionally eat things off of the regular mothership menu.

Unfortunately for them, it doesn't prove anything to me. When I drive into a neighboring small town, it doesn't warrant a blog post, instagram, etc. because its not a big event. It usually just means I wanted some cheap produce or needed something from Wal Mart. 

There was also a mention about how so many people love her writing style. 

Yeah, definitely directed at us. 

So it's not a road trip to the Famteam homestead for some fellowshiping? They could do it Rodrigues style, show the guys 3 options and the guys get to pick who gets to court which Maxwell lady. 

Ahhh, wouldn't that be a hoot?! :D

They go to start fires in Africa to roast marshmallows on.

It looks to me like Anna took the picture; judging by the position of her right shoulder it looks like she's holding the camera out.

But there are no marshmallows in Africa!

Or soap!

Or purses made of flowery fabric!

And with all those heathens, the fires must already be burning.

I'd like to know who appreciates Sarah's writing style, and what they have to compare it to.

The first thing that struck me is that we're supposed to see that the girls are not just homemakers. They're professional, too. Sarah wrote the book and has fans, and look at the big stack of books that people want to read! Anne looks like she's in an actual workplace, doing shipping and everything. I do hope they find this fulfilling, but the whole point seemed to be to showcase them outside the homemaking arena.

Archived