IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

In spain wedding registries fell out of fashion years ago, like ages. The common thing is to give cash covering your meal, or more if you are closer to the couple

I think I may be the only person I know who refused to create a wedding registry. People keep saying its the fun part of wedding planning - but I hope shopping and nothing sounds more torturous to me than being forced to spend hours looking over a bunch of stuff I don't want or need.

The tastings, on the other hand. . . THAT is the truly fun part of planning a wedding! Priorities - I have them! :lol:

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've long suspected at least one J'Slave or Joy is secretly jealous of Amy and wishes they were the one born to the parents who let them be normal and wear pants and 'slutty' wedding dresses and hang out with boys alone.

I've always thought Jinger might be a little jealous of Amy's independence. Especially now that her best friend Jessa is out of the house and starting her own family.

I think I may be the only person I know who refused to create a wedding registry. People keep saying its the fun part of wedding planning - but I hope shopping and nothing sounds more torturous to me than being forced to spend hours looking over a bunch of stuff I don't want or need.

The tastings, on the other hand. . . THAT is the truly fun part of planning a wedding! Priorities - I have them! :lol:

Husband and I didn't create a registry...until his mom begged/pled/guilted us into making a small one on amazon. It basically had a pressure canner and other supplies for canning, and she got us some of it. To me/us, it was just a waste of time since there really wasn't anything we needed :)

I find that it's becoming much more common in the U.S. to not create a registry, especially among couples who are a bit older, and already have most of their "stuff" for their household established (and are usually cohabiting already, to boot). Many of my friends accepted donations to a honeymoon fund or a charity, instead.

That is so sweet. Anna's face actually looks relaxed there... bless Amy for showing Anna some genuine affection.

I don't see pure love, but a photo op for Amy (who, btw, I actually like a lot more than her Duggar cousins' family).

A really loving hug doesn't have both people facing the same way (as in, toward the camera).

Always posing. Still, a lot more connected than the ridiculous side hug.

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding with limited finger food and it was awful because we were starving by the end of the wedding. The bride and groom left early to go have dinner together. It was also a dry wedding, not because they were anti-alcohol, but because they didn't want to pay for a bartender even for a cash bar. I guess they wanted to have a wedding with 150 people and collect gifts from everyone, but keep the reception as cheap as possible. I just think it's so tacky and rude to have an event like that and not serve food, like if you can't afford it then you need to cut down the guest list.

(Not directed at kmary1 specifically; just an example of dozens and dozens of similar messages scattered over many wedding threads since I started reading at FJ).

This sentiment happens every single time someone we follow gets married. How about this: anyone who thinks a meal is more important than seeing the couple get married can send regrets and go out to eat instead. No one owes you a meal, FFS. :angry-banghead: There is not one right way to have a wedding. I've been to (and in -- yes, I have scarfed a freaking McChicken and diet Coke in a bridesmaids dress before an afternoon wedding) everything from a full, served dinner to cake and punch receptions, with every variety of wedding in between. The only time anyone was being remotely "rude and tacky" was when I went to a cake and punch reception (with nuts and mints, too) at dinner time. And I can forgive that because I cared more about the people getting married than what they were feeding me.

I had a small wedding, 30 people attended, full sit down dinner, full open bar, because that's what I wanted. If someone else wants to accommodate more guests on the same budget and goes for finger foods, so be it. Different strokes and all.

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding with limited finger food and it was awful because we were starving by the end of the wedding. The bride and groom left early to go have dinner together. It was also a dry wedding, not because they were anti-alcohol, but because they didn't want to pay for a bartender even for a cash bar. I guess they wanted to have a wedding with 150 people and collect gifts from everyone, but keep the reception as cheap as possible. I just think it's so tacky and rude to have an event like that and not serve food, like if you can't afford it then you need to cut down the guest list.

That is soo rude!! If I went to a wedding like that I'd be pissed!!

That is soo rude!! If I went to a wedding like that I'd be pissed!!

Ever been to a potluck wedding reception? THAT is so tacky - but I've been invited to a couple. Only went to one because it was my husband's son's wedding. Husband gave his idiot son and his idiot bride $1000.00 as a gift. Then they asked us to bring cooked chicken to feed 50 people!

We went and saw them married and left very shortly after.

Also have been to a wedding where the invite/reception card read "Cake and punch to be served after the ceremony" It was a 3pm wedding - so no one was expecting a meal. The immediate family had a family dinner after the 'reception'.

(Not directed at kmary1 specifically; just an example of dozens and dozens of similar messages scattered over many wedding threads since I started reading at FJ).

This sentiment happens every single time someone we follow gets married. How about this: anyone who thinks a meal is more important than seeing the couple get married can send regrets and go out to eat instead. No one owes you a meal, FFS. :angry-banghead: There is not one right way to have a wedding. I've been to (and in -- yes, I have scarfed a freaking McChicken and diet Coke in a bridesmaids dress before an afternoon wedding) everything from a full, served dinner to cake and punch receptions, with every variety of wedding in between. The only time anyone was being remotely "rude and tacky" was when I went to a cake and punch reception (with nuts and mints, too) at dinner time. And I can forgive that because I cared more about the people getting married than what they were feeding me.

I had a small wedding, 30 people attended, full sit down dinner, full open bar, because that's what I wanted. If someone else wants to accommodate more guests on the same budget and goes for finger foods, so be it. Different strokes and all.

This is how I feel too. I go to celebrate a person getting married, I guess if I was worried about being hungry I would keep some nuts in my purse or a snack in my car.

Ever been to a potluck wedding reception? THAT is so tacky - but I've been invited to a couple. Only went to one because it was my husband's son's wedding. Husband gave his idiot son and his idiot bride $1000.00 as a gift. Then they asked us to bring cooked chicken to feed 50 people!

Also have been to a wedding where the invite/reception card read "Cake and punch to be served after the ceremony" It was a 3pm wedding - so no one was expecting a meal. The immediate family had a family dinner after the 'reception'.

I don't even know what to say to this. I think though you should keep your opinion of your DIL to yourself, even if its true.

I think the most important thing is to thank the hosts for a good time after the wedding, regardless of whether I had one and got fed or not. I believe it's right to feed guests if I'm the one doing the hosting, but if I don't get fed, not the end of the world. I can hit a fast food place after the wedding.

But I think it's important to make the hosts feel like they've done a good job, since weddings are very stressful events, and the people planning it usually want to make sure they've got everything perfect. It's good to offer that kind of validation as a guest.

I once snarked on the potluck wedding a friend gave years ago, and then felt bad about doing so after the fact. The bride and groom's families did not like each other, and each family wanted the wedding done their own way, without much input from the bridal couple. In the end, over 200 people were invited. My friend and her fiance wanted to feed everyone, but the money just wasn't there, and both families didn't want to slash the guest list. Thus, the potluck compromise was born. In the end, I think all the guests were just happy to get a meal, even if it involved bringing the food.

I don't see pure love, but a photo op for Amy (who, btw, I actually like a lot more than her Duggar cousins' family).

A really loving hug doesn't have both people facing the same way (as in, toward the camera).

Always posing. Still, a lot more connected than the ridiculous side hug.

I just think this photo looks super awkward, like she surprised bear hugged Anna without warning and Anna is just reacting. "C'mere Anna, lemme hug yew!" :?

I feel like Anna is like a watched pressure cooker right now. Can you imagine? "Poor Anna" "Anna is just this..." "Anna is just that..." "Anna be like this" "No Anna feel like THIS instead" "Here's what Anna should do" "Look at her face in this blurry picture she totally wasn't aware was being taken, she definitely feels like xyz (when she could have just tried three times in a row to get a hair out of her mouth and was still unsuccessful when the photo was snapped)" If I were her I'd be just about to kill everyone. I HOPE someone is hanging with her and the kids. :angry-extinguishflame:

*EDIT* AND Amy is totally exploiting the Anna factor to beef up the attention around her wedding. While she might feel sorry for Anna, like everyone does, it's apparent she doesn't feel any shame about gratuitous hug pictures or showcasing "Anna's pathetic life" as a contrast to your wedding event. Maybe that's why Jessa is pissed off and being passive-agressive. Cousin Amy buying your mom and SIL gifts and hugging them meanwhile throwing your family under the bus to the media? :think:

*EDIT #2* Ever been so infuriated about something it made you...cry?

I wish I could have had a small wedding. His side of the family and his close friends numbered over 100. About 20 friends and their partners, because my husband is a gregarious guy, but his father has 9 siblings and his mother has 5, and including their partners and their kids (no one had fewer than 2 kids), it added up.

I once snarked on the potluck wedding a friend gave years ago, and then felt bad about doing so after the fact. The bride and groom's families did not like each other, and each family wanted the wedding done their own way, without much input from the bridal couple. In the end, over 200 people were invited. My friend and her fiance wanted to feed everyone, but the money just wasn't there, and both families didn't want to slash the guest list. Thus, the potluck compromise was born. In the end, I think all the guests were just happy to get a meal, even if it involved bringing the food.

I had a semi-sort of potluck. We had a very large wedding (not Duggar large) because our parents all come from large families. Add in on top of that, that my father was a minister at the time, and the politics of not inviting the entire church? Well.... :pink-shock:

We hadn't intended for it to be a potluck. My folks bought all the food and we were going to do all the prep ourselves. Once a couple of the church ladies found out the entire church was invited, they took it upon themselves to organize things. As a gift, they got a huge group together and came and put the meal together. We were doing very summery type food, primarily because we were trying to pay for the entire wedding ourselves, without too much parental cash input. So we had planned for open faced bun type sandwiches, veggies and dips, fruit and dips, cheese and meat platters, salads, pickles/olives trays, desserts etc. The church women came out the morning of the wedding, after being organized, and put it all together. On top of that, they'd organized to bring dishes themselves, as a sort of gift. So, in the end, it kind of ended up being potluck, without that being our intention.

And holy schnikes, did we have food. We fed everyone at the reception (over 400), and that was leaving it as a free for all, and then the next day, my dad told the whole church they had to stay for lunch to help clear up the leftovers, lol, because they had nowhere to store it all. So it fed another 100+ the next day, and I really don't know what happened to whatever might have been left, as we'd left on our honeymoon by then.

The food thing doesn't bother me. I've been to some swank weddings and the food wasn't that great, and I know they paid through the nose for it. I've been to backyard weddings where they just had a BBQ and the food was amazing. I don't really care about the food aspect. I just like going to the wedding, because I care about the people getting married. Food, no food, no matter. I kind of think the whole reception thing is kind of outdated. If I had ours to do over again, now, I'd probably have a later afternoon wedding, tell everyone they were on their own for evening meals, and that they were invited for a dance/party at X location at 9 pm, and have some fun. Offer some drinks and snacky foods, and avoid the whole reception craziness, with speeches and shit. :lol:

I wish I could have had a small wedding. His side of the family and his close friends numbered over 100. About 20 friends and their partners, because my husband is a gregarious guy, but his father has 9 siblings and his mother has 5, and including their partners and their kids (no one had fewer than 2 kids), it added up.

Oh my that would make me nuts!! My cousin got married 2 years ago. Very small (just family). It was a great wedding.

You know; those things that bother some people aren't even point for discussion here (The Netherlands)

You sent an invite; stating the time of ceremony and time the party starts. We had two different invites; one for the people we invited for the entire day and one for the people we invited for just the party.

Both cards have the time for the ceremony so everyone can attend that. But the people who get an invite to the party know not to expect any dinner or reception.

The people you invite for the entire day you take care of the entire day, of course.

We had 30 day guests and invited 100 extra for the evening.

Gift registries are not common at all, most people just give money. And we put that on the card as well; a little hint that we have all the stuff we need but if you would like to give money we would prefer *insert picture of envelope*. And that's totally acceptable.

Then depending if you spend the entire day or just the evening and to how close you are to the couple you give a certain amount of money.

So yeah, interesting to read. Most things people find tacky or disagree with doesn't bother me one bit.

Don't know how to edit on the phone but wanted to add:

Of course I can't speak for the entire Dutch population, but all of the weddings I've been to have had this setup.

I had a semi-sort of potluck. We had a very large wedding (not Duggar large) because our parents all come from large families. Add in on top of that, that my father was a minister at the time, and the politics of not inviting the entire church? Well.... :pink-shock:

We hadn't intended for it to be a potluck. My folks bought all the food and we were going to do all the prep ourselves. Once a couple of the church ladies found out the entire church was invited, they took it upon themselves to organize things. As a gift, they got a huge group together and came and put the meal together. We were doing very summery type food, primarily because we were trying to pay for the entire wedding ourselves, without too much parental cash input. So we had planned for open faced bun type sandwiches, veggies and dips, fruit and dips, cheese and meat platters, salads, pickles/olives trays, desserts etc. The church women came out the morning of the wedding, after being organized, and put it all together. On top of that, they'd organized to bring dishes themselves, as a sort of gift. So, in the end, it kind of ended up being potluck, without that being our intention.

And holy schnikes, did we have food. We fed everyone at the reception (over 400), and that was leaving it as a free for all, and then the next day, my dad told the whole church they had to stay for lunch to help clear up the leftovers, lol, because they had nowhere to store it all. So it fed another 100+ the next day, and I really don't know what happened to whatever might have been left, as we'd left on our honeymoon by then.

The food thing doesn't bother me. I've been to some swank weddings and the food wasn't that great, and I know they paid through the nose for it. I've been to backyard weddings where they just had a BBQ and the food was amazing. I don't really care about the food aspect. I just like going to the wedding, because I care about the people getting married. Food, no food, no matter. I kind of think the whole reception thing is kind of outdated. If I had ours to do over again, now, I'd probably have a later afternoon wedding, tell everyone they were on their own for evening meals, and that they were invited for a dance/party at X location at 9 pm, and have some fun. Offer some drinks and snacky foods, and avoid the whole reception craziness, with speeches and shit. :lol:

My favorite wedding food story comes from my mom. As a preface to this story, my mom comes from a Jewish-Italian background and my dad is Jewish. In my family (both sides), it ain't a wedding unless you're dancing all night long and eating enough food to fuel a small army. When she and my dad were still just living together but hadn't yet married, they were invited to my dad's boss's wedding. Afterwards, they planned to have a few of my dad's work friends over (it was an afternoon wedding). The day before, my mom goes out to the local grocery store and buys a whole bunch of hors d'oeurves, cold cuts, fruit, et cetera. My dad says to her, "but there will be food at the reception! We don't need all this!" My mom looks him straight in the face and says, "they're both WASPs. Trust me. We need this."

At the reception, there was barely anything to eat, and what was there wasn't filling at all. Now, mind you, this lady getting married was trying to make this a swanky affair, but her food spread was, according to my mom, who's generally pretty tactful and non-judgmental, pitiful. Flavorless, limp, not enough for the guests invited.

Everyone goes over to my parents' apartment after the wedding, and has a veritable Viking feast with the food my mom bought. In the first of many such instances, my dad looks at my mom and says "you were right." Now, just because someone's WASP doesn't mean they'll serve bad food, and perhaps my mom was wrong to espouse such a view, even in jest, but my point is, have enough food and get good food if you're inviting people to your wedding. The only memorable thing about that wedding was how bad and measly the food was. And this wasn't some poor homeless woman giving what she had to share; she was a wealthy executive on Husband #3. She thought some little finger food things (one per person) would be enough, and as a result, my mother ended up being the unofficial caterer.

My favorite wedding food story comes from my mom. As a preface to this story, my mom comes from a Jewish-Italian background and my dad is Jewish. In my family (both sides), it ain't a wedding unless you're dancing all night long and eating enough food to fuel a small army. When she and my dad were still just living together but hadn't yet married, they were invited to my dad's boss's wedding. Afterwards, they planned to have a few of my dad's work friends over (it was an afternoon wedding). The day before, my mom goes out to the local grocery store and buys a whole bunch of hors d'oeurves, cold cuts, fruit, et cetera. My dad says to her, "but there will be food at the reception! We don't need all this!" My mom looks him straight in the face and says, "they're both WASPs. Trust me. We need this."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like Duggar Studios is doing Amy's wedding video. There's a teaser trailer on their YouTube page.

I hope you mean they're doing A video of the wedding, and not THE wedding video. :?

If they're not allowed to look at boobies, knees, or shoulders, I wonder what kind of shit fest they shot? All eleventy Duggars wishing Famy a godly marriage? Be fruitful and multiply?

Interesting how my favorite wedding I ever attended WAS a potluck - and it was amazing as everyone brought their A-game dish. The parents of the bride provided pulled pork and vegan alternatives as well. Instead of cake the bride and her grandma baked 2 dozen pies.

I loved how the wedding was a community affair The bride/groom are hippies so this kind of fits in with their and most of their friends lifestyle and we did not find the potluck reception tacky at all.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived