IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

Another former Nebraskan here. I was in a wedding the day NU played Notre Dame in South Bend in 2000 (famous Red Out of Touchdown Jesus). The bride actually had a tv brought into the. church lobby so folks could watch the game before and after the wedding. That didn't stop several me. In the audience from trying to conspicuously wear ear buds to listen to the game during the ceremony. Thankfully it was a Lutheran ceremony - a traditional Catholic wedding would have been too long for some of the uber fans!

Also, the Duggar girls clothes would have been de rigeur for most of the rural Nebraska weddings I attended. The city weddings tended to be slightly more formal, but if someone showed up dressed as Jana or Jill it wouldn't have necessarily got a side eye either. I think the urban coastal areas tend to go more formal for weddings.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was doing one final sweep of the Internet before bed and Amy tweeted 2 hours ago and said

AmyRking @amyduggar

There is definitely a thin line between being tasteful and being tacky. Hmm.

9:59 PM - 8 Sep 2015 from Arkansas, USA

First I thought Jessa, then I realized it could also be Meechele and her white dress. Probably Jessa though. Interesting she is in Arkansas still though!

It was a wedding on a farm with the reception in a barn. So while the girls should have worn something nicer than the clothes they rolled out of bed in, the setting is casual and so the clothes do not have to be fancy.

Amy and Anna use to be close. Even after Anna had the baby. The worst thing I remember Anna saying about Amy was that at least her kids did not pee on the floor like Amy's pocket puppy. Things changed when the Duggers started to distance themselves from Amy. Anna may have been forced to end their friendship.

My cousin is getting married in a barn next year, and I plan on wearing the same thing I would wear to a church wedding. It's still a wedding. We don't go super formal here, but I'll wear a nice sun dress and a shawl since it'll be in October. The only time I've not worn something like that was when we were specifically asked by the bride and groom to not dress up at a very small, informal wedding of my husband's best friend. I still wore a nice pair of dress slacks, top, and a shawl. The mother of the groom was dressed similarly because we just couldn't go to a wedding in jeans and T-shirts!

I got married on a farm. My parents live in a rural area and aside from the firehouse, there aren't any wedding venues for the size wedding we wanted (200ish people). Almost everyone over there gets married outside. People wore cocktail dresses, sun dresses, suits and sport coats. I don't remember anyone wearing jeans, but I do remember the one woman who wore white.

I just read a people magazine article about the wedding. Amy got Michelle a gift certificate to go out for dinner & she got Anna one do she can get her nails done. I thought that was really nice.

Amy and Joy have always been close in the past, too. I keep wondering why we didn't see Joy in Amy's wedding. Amy has lots of friends and family, and I'm sure she could have picked any one of them (and did) to be her maid/matron of honor, but I've been a little sad that the top spot didn't go to Joy, or that she wasn't even in the wedding party. I keep wondering if Joy's parents just wouldn't let her.

How old is Joy? 16? I hope that she and Amy can remain close. I am wondering if in a couple of years Amy has a baby, if Boob and Mullet would allow Joy to go and be a "helper" to Amy. Not that I want Joy to be a sister-mom, but that might be her only chance of escape.

I just read a people magazine article about the wedding. Amy got Michelle a gift certificate to go out for dinner & she got Anna one do she can get her nails done. I thought that was really nice.

I think I read that on the previous Amy thread. I think it is lovely that she got Anna something. Maybe Amy will offer to take the kids off of Anna's hands for a few hours so she can enjoy some alone time and pampering (because we know their grandparents won't do it).

For some reason, the fact that she got Michelle something irks me. Maybe because I really dislike Michelle. Or maybe because Michelle is a fucking idiot who wore white to her niece's wedding. However, I am not a Duggar insider so maybe Michelle is truly struggling with Joshgate and Amy wanted to do something nice for her aunt.

ETA: Sorry for the two posts in a row thing.

I think it is really telling that each Duggar didn't do a congrats message to Amy like they did for the Bates girl just a couple weeks ago.

Amy and Joy have always been close in the past, too. I keep wondering why we didn't see Joy in Amy's wedding. Amy has lots of friends and family, and I'm sure she could have picked any one of them (and did) to be her maid/matron of honor, but I've been a little sad that the top spot didn't go to Joy, or that she wasn't even in the wedding party. I keep wondering if Joy's parents just wouldn't let her.

I agree that it would have been nice for Joy to be in the wedding, but the bridesmaid dresses were actual bridesmaid dresses, not something ordered from a fundie frumpy website for Jana to alter. I doubt the J'rents would have allowed Joy to wear the dress.

I think the Duggars, especially the older girls, have the idea that they are better than others, especially Amy. They likely love her as family but she is still beneath them for her heathen lifestyle. My guess is that Joy and the younger boys and girls don't care but the older ones do. There may also be a little subconscious jealousy there. She lives her life on her terms and still everything has worked out. She dated, worked as a nanny, had friends and partied, yet nothing bad happened and she is still getting married.

What a lovely photo. Just what Anna needed. Can't see her 'side hug' inlaws giving her a good old squeeze

image.jpg1_zpsbpuy1lyj.jpg

That is a great photo... Amy's face could tell a story. Anna looks very comforted.

What a lovely photo. Just what Anna needed. Can't see her 'side hug' inlaws giving her a good old squeeze

Wow! This is genuine emotion! Good for them!

I think the Duggars, especially the older girls, have the idea that they are better than others, especially Amy. They likely love her as family but she is still beneath them for her heathen lifestyle.

Agree w/ this!! I thought that from the very first time they showed Amy on their show.

I don't care what anyone thinks of either of them - that right there is PURE LOVE... Amazing.

For all the things we've said about Famy over the years....I really respect the way she is showing Anna some love right now.

For all the things we've said about Famy over the years....I really respect the way she is showing Anna some love right now.

I've only been here for a year (almost!), so I obviously don't know as much as a lot of other people do. And I haven't been around for some of the stuff Amy may have said or done either.

I do think that, deep down, she is a loving and compassionate person. She may not always show it in a way we understand or approve of - and there are times when she does seem to ride on their coattails - , but I think she has a genuine love for her family. . . and I think that love is very apparent in this picture with Anna.

I've only been here for a year (almost!), so I obviously don't know as much as a lot of other people do. And I haven't been around for some of the stuff Amy may have said or done either.

I do think that, deep down, she is a loving and compassionate person. She may not always show it in a way we understand or approve of - and there are times when she does seem to ride on their coattails - , but I think she has a genuine love for her family. . . and I think that love is very apparent in this picture with Anna.

I agree.

She might try and ride the Duggars coat-tails a little (and you know.....even if I do call her Famy, I can sort of understand why she wants a piece of the pie. It isn't easy for twenty-somethings to get financially established these days even with education [i know people with Law degrees and Masters degrees who can't find decent work...] so I can see why she's happy to make appearances on their show and put her wedding out there for a bit of $$) but I truly get the sense that she loves her aunt/uncle/cousins, even if they're different and quirky. She might find it a little weird, but I struggle to think of a time she has truly made fun of them or implied they are beneath her. I get a real vibe of 'yeah....they're a little kooky, but they're my family and I love them' from her.

And I really hope she can continue to be close to Joy. I think Joy can really benefit from having Amy as a friend.

(Edited to fix a clunky sentence)

\\

i wonder if that's the first real hug poor Anna has ever had

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived