IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

awesome photo.

I am now willing to cut Amy a break on her quest for the limelight after there was a plug from the Duggar's in a comment on one of Amy's instagram photos from her rehearsal. Photo was of the lost girls plus Mack. Seriously you hype a Duggar photo release from Blessa's wedding in Amy's wedding related photos? Tacky.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was busy over the holiday! I'm so behind!

The more I read/see, the more I think that the Duggars came to the wedding under duress or "just for show." They wanted to opt out but would've have faced even more negative press if they didn't go, and they were showing that their struggle didn't beat them....especially with the kids in the wedding. They have 'family values' :ew:

Their attire and attitude was ridiculous, and snarky. Their lack of congratulatory messages-further evidence of their "holier than thou" feelings about the heathen wedding. I really think Amy was thoughtful in including the littluns instead of her same aged cousins as a way of acknowledging her family. She had to know that if she did include her cousins that they would have had issue with style and regular bridesmaid norms. She spared them.

The release of Jessa's photos was tacky as hell.

I call BS that the Duggars don't know what to wear:

1. They're from the South- we know what to wear to weddings, cmon.

2. We've seen them dress better

3. Amy is not a stranger to them-I don't know her and I could deduce what to wear.

4. Barn wedding- yes but a TON of people always makes it dressier.

5. The invitation did not say casual

As to the gifts, it's weird that Amy publicized that. I was thinking it might have started as a small acknowledgement of support.....like if your friend/family member is going through something bad, you might get them a card and include a treat.(starbucks card, or a small plant)

Deigning to go to their family members wedding has the Duggars looking worse than ever.

I hope Grandma is ashamed. What a lesson in staying sweet for the little-uns....grownups with egg all over their faces. :disgust: :disgust: :disgust:

awesome photo.

I am now willing to cut Amy a break on her quest for the limelight after there was a plug from the Duggar's in a comment on one of Amy's instagram photos from her rehearsal. Photo was of the lost girls plus Mack. Seriously you hype a Duggar photo release from Blessa's wedding in Amy's wedding related photos? Tacky.

Was it the actual @duggarfam account or one of the many "fan" accounts that post up in Amy's comments to get attention to their pages

looks like a fan account. Still willing to cut Amy a break at this point since releasing those photos with that timing is still tacky.

Beautiful photo. Bless sweet Amy. She was raised more normally than the Dugs and really is better adjusted overall to a normal existence. Screw JBoob and Chelle.

I'm not disagreeing about whether Amy genuinely cares about and loves her family, but to me, she looks like she's mugging for the camera. It looks like she's very aware a camera is there and she is trying hard to convey "I love you and I'm SO concerned about you" in her expression.

I think the sentiment is probably genuine. It just looks like, once again, Amy's face is ON. But I think that's just who Amy is.

I'm not disagreeing about whether Amy genuinely cares about and loves her family, but to me, she looks like she's mugging for the camera. It looks like she's very aware a camera is there and she is trying hard to convey "I love you and I'm SO concerned about you" in her expression.

I think the sentiment is probably genuine. It just looks like, once again, Amy's face is ON. But I think that's just who Amy is.

I totally disagree and think it might be a bit unfair, honestly. Why not just give credit where credit is due? Why is it so hard to believe that Amy is capable of genuine human emotions? Capable of genuine love and compassion regardless of who's watching? She's not a horrible person - not even close to it. I don't necessarily think we need to pick apart every single solitary thing in an attempt to try and find something negative about her. When you don't nitpick it to death you can see that this picture is pure love and nothing more...

I totally disagree and think it might be a bit unfair, honestly. Why not just give credit where credit is due? Why is it so hard to believe that Amy is capable of genuine human emotions? Capable of genuine love and compassion regardless of who's watching? She's not a horrible person - not even close to it. I don't necessarily think we need to pick apart every single solitary thing in an attempt to try and find something negative about her. When you don't nitpick it to death you can see that this picture is pure love and nothing more...

Credit for what, though? Love and concern for her family? That's actually pretty standard for the majority of people. I don't think Amy is completely mercenary here but come on. In light of her recent comments and that perfect Kodak moment expression, thinking Amy is mugging for the camera is a very reasonable assumption. At best, it's just a random picture of someone hugging a family member on her wedding day that the camera caught with just the right expressions to fuel the imaginations of people avidly reading the tabloids.

I agree especially since the photo was released as a PEOPLE exclusive and Amy is giving quotes on the situation yet again. It seems like Amy is using Anna to get more headlines and attention for her wedding. I am sure Anna would prefer the attention be on Amy on her wedding day and not on Anna's marriage.

I very specifically stated that I wasn't saying the underlying emotion wasn't genuine. I knew as I was writing it that someone was going to put those words in my mouth.

I am totally ambivalent to Amy and really don't care about searching for something negative to say. It was the first thing that stuck me about the picture -- that the emotion on her face looks exaggerated. But Amy's face always looks exaggerated. In fairness, I totally do that too when a camera is on me.

I agree especially since the photo was released as a PEOPLE exclusive and Amy is giving quotes on the situation yet again. It seems like Amy is using Anna to get more headlines and attention for her wedding. I am sure Anna would prefer the attention be on Amy on her wedding day and not on Anna's marriage.

Yea, hard to be all touchy feeling about this photo when she sold it to People with this awesome quote: "I can't imagine what she's been through. I would be a disaster." I bet Anna is wishing she skipped it now and just sent Jana with the Ms.

Credit for what, though? Love and concern for her family? That's actually pretty standard for the majority of people. I don't think Amy is completely mercenary here but come on. In light of her recent comments and that perfect Kodak moment expression, thinking Amy is mugging for the camera is a very reasonable assumption. At best, it's just a random picture of someone hugging a family member on her wedding day that the camera caught with just the right expressions to fuel the imaginations of people avidly reading the tabloids.

Perhaps a credit where credit is due is the wrong way to put it. How about just taking it for what it is? A beautiful picture of these two women, who genuinely seem to have a ton love for one another? I'm not sure there is always an ulterior motive.

The whole point behind my initial comment? If you stare at something long enough looking for something, eventually you'll find it. I think sometimes we subconsciously look negatively at everything with regard to this family because of what we know of their history.

Edited a LOT cause spelling is hard, y'all.

I'm cynical by nature but a sucker for sincerity. That picture is pinging the cynical part of my brain bigtime re: Amy. I have no idea how genuine her relationship with Anna is but in that picture, it just looks like a hug and the expression on Amy's face looks like her version of being "on".

Yeah, I could take the picture for what it is... but why?

Perhaps a credit where credit is due is the wrong way to put it. How about just taking it for what it is? A beautiful picture of these two women, who genuinely seem to have a ton love for one another? Why does there always have to be an ulterior motive?

The whole point behind my initial comment? If you stare at something long enough looking for something, eventually you'll find it.

I agree with your point, but to be fair, the looking for something started with those spinning it into a hugely positive thing with "Look at Amy being so awesome to poor, lonely Anna," which made some people think, "Huh?" It IS a lovely picture, but no more than that. (But I also don't get the, "You could tell by their eyes that they're genuinely happy/depressed/dying to escape," so the way people interpret pictures escapes me. I'm not all that observant with pictures of people.)

Sorry, quick follow up post. I haven't checked out aalll of the pics of the wedding but from the ones I've seen posted, I really like Amy's dress. I like the big ribbon belt thingy. I am hardly a fashion maven though. I was also Not Raised Right and even *I* know that one does not wear an all white dress to a wedding unless it's your own. Come ON.

I agree with your point, but to be fair, the looking for something started with those spinning it into a hugely positive thing with "Look at Amy being so awesome to poor, lonely Anna," which made some people think, "Huh?" It IS a lovely picture, but no more than that. (But I also don't get the, "You could tell by their eyes that they're genuinely happy/depressed/dying to escape," so the way people interpret pictures escapes me. I'm not all that observant with pictures of people.)

I totally get what you're saying. Totally!

To further that point - how sad is it honestly - that it gets to the point where people are questioning what we SHOULD just be able to appreciate as a picture of two people lovin' on one another, because they love each other? Glad I don't live in that kinda world.

"Also, with the exception of some cousins of mine who grew up in Florida (and thus had slightly different traditions as far as weddings go) every wedding had cake and punch and mints and occasionally finger sandwiches. Never a meal. So the whole thing about the Duggars being cheap for not having more never rang quite true for me. Heck, I was impressed that Jill did something beyond rainbow sherbert-and-Hawaiian Punch, which was the main drink for fundie weddings growing up.

"

^^^ Yes! I married into a Southern family, not even "fundie lite", but for my older mother in law (in her 80s), this was just the normal way to throw a wedding ... punch and homemade cookies served on cut glass and fine china from all the family china cabinets, but it's just a light snack after the service ... it's not cheap, it's just what is normal.

They thought my wedding (done "Philly" way, as my father was host ...) was great and danced and had fun ... but still refer to it as a "Yankee style wedding" ... not likely to be widely adopted anymore than the Cheesesteak or crusty bread. :)

Yea, hard to be all touchy feeling about this photo when she sold it to People with this awesome quote: "I can't imagine what she's been through. I would be a disaster." I bet Anna is wishing she skipped it now and just sent Jana with the Ms.

This is a really sad statement, because I wonder if Anna was "forced" to go. As in, Boob and Mullet insisted, because there would be talk if Anna did not go. Maybe Anna did want to be there. For her sake, I hope so. But if Anna were to say, "With all that has been going on, I am exhausted and really do not want to be given looks, asked questions or have my photo taken right now. I spoke to Amy and she totally understands. I will stay home with the baby and the older 3 can go." would B&M have approved? Or would they have guilt tripped her into going?

I think the Duggars, especially the older girls, have the idea that they are better than others, especially Amy. They likely love her as family but she is still beneath them for her heathen lifestyle. My guess is that Joy and the younger boys and girls don't care but the older ones do. There may also be a little subconscious jealousy there. She lives her life on her terms and still everything has worked out. She dated, worked as a nanny, had friends and partied, yet nothing bad happened and she is still getting married.

I hope that Amy's (and Susanna Keller's) existence help Anna to eventually get through the Duggar BS and realize that all those rules she followed amount to a hill of beans.

This is a really sad statement, because I wonder if Anna was "forced" to go. As in, Boob and Mullet insisted, because there would be talk if Anna did not go. Maybe Anna did want to be there. For her sake, I hope so. But if Anna were to say, "With all that has been going on, I am exhausted and really do not want to be given looks, asked questions or have my photo taken right now. I spoke to Amy and she totally understands. I will stay home with the baby and the older 3 can go." would B&M have approved? Or would they have guilt tripped her into going?

If my photo were sold to a tabloid with that commentary, I would be pissed. But I'd also be pissed if I were on TV giving birth on the toilet, so what do I know?

Maybe Anna got some of the money? Someone's gotta bring in the money somehow. Anna had to know the photos were being sold...

The Amy Anna photo just looks like a posed photo to me.

Amy looks like she's in a soap opera.

I don't think so. If it was posed, I think Anna would have handed the kid off to someone else--looks spontaneous to me.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived