IGNORED

Duggar Pastor on Scandal

FundieWatcher

I'm sure that it's extremely important to them that this be Anna's fault. The dogma to which they cling states that if they follow a prescribed course of action, their lives and families will be blessed by god, and they will be immune to things such as this. If this situation happened because Josh is a shit for brains pervert who can't keep it in his pants, that would mean that the guarantee of a safe, happy life is bullshit. Much more palatable to heap it onto Anna, and just decide that she didn't fulfill her responsibilities, and still get to feel secure in their lives. Anything else, and then they will have to face the idea that any marriage can fail, any person can stumble, and there's no way to innoculate yourself against life. Life is risk, risk is scary, and religion is a night light.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no love in fundie marriage. It's an act, a script to follow, that leaves both participants without a real marriage experience. Don't look at your wife's face if she is not connecting with you emotionally? How about some foreplay you insensitive jerk? I bet fundie men  are the worse lovers ever. And to be blamed  when your husband betrays you? Unconscionable. Women hating at its finest.

There is no love in fundie marriage. It's an act, a script to follow, that leaves both participants without a real marriage experience. Don't look at your wife's face if she is not connecting with you emotionally? How about some foreplay you insensitive jerk? I bet fundie men  are the worse lovers ever. And to be blamed  when your husband betrays you? Unconscionable. Women hating at its finest.

Maybe, maybe not. I know a few of fundies (I don't know too many in real life to begin with) who have some freaky bedroom activities. Just because they preach it, doesn't mean they do it.

Maybe, maybe not. I know a few of fundies (I don't know too many in real life to begin with) who have some freaky bedroom activities. Just because they preach it, doesn't mean they do it.

It's not the freaky bedroom activities that matter, it is the feelings behind them. Unless you are saying you know married fundies who are into BDSM where the woman is dominant. Please explain.

I agree they do their best to remove real love from marriage. That is not to say they always succeed. Common sense and love are strong forces that cannot be always surpressed. Two fundies may not in theory disagree with their pastor. But he is not in their bedroom, even though he tries to meddle with their privacy. Good things happen while the pastor is not looking.Things like couples having real fun or hubbies tucking in their exhausted wifes instead of demanding their rights. And lets not forget fundie wives who just refuse. If all fundie wives were so submissive their was no need for sermons about it. I bet many are plain scary and their husbands rather fake a headache then asking a grumpy wife to have sex.

Archived