IGNORED

Duggar Pastor on Scandal

FundieWatcher

I thought this should get its own thread. The Duggar family pastor, or former pastor spoke on Sunday about the scandal.

He blames her! Something sick is going on here. The type of people that follow this guy aren't right in the head.

people.com/article/cross-church-pastor-josh-duggar-ashley-madison-sermon

Floyd warned, if a husband or wife fails to keep his or her partner happy sexually they are opening themselves "up to the attack of the enemy.

"And that enemy is going to take your spouse away from you," he said.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunately, am not surprised. their ilk is pretty consistent in their sickening beliefs.

If the "enemy" takes your spouse from you under those circumstances then GOOD RIDDANCE! Perhaps thats the best way to let them go!

It truly amazes me the levels these people will go to in order to control women and make everything their fault. Life isnt about sex, sex is just a PART of life. In their world, its everything.

It had to be a dig at Anna. There was no need to say that right after the scandal. Is anyone in Josh's circle going to ever make him take full responsibility for anything?

If the "enemy" takes your spouse from you under those circumstances then GOOD RIDDANCE! Perhaps thats the best way to let them go!

It truly amazes me the levels these people will go to in order to control women and make everything their fault. Life isnt about sex, sex is just a PART of life. In their world, its everything.

And that's why they might be really good at procreating, but they are really lousy at the rest of life-

They don't work, have outside relationships, hobbies, can't get anywhere on time. Even the things they should be good at: parenting, home, garden, cooking, they are lacking.

Obsessed with sex to the detriment of living life in the real world.

While I am not surprised, I am disgusted. I am so sick of hearing how some sickos sex sins are the fault of the partner who won't put out. Wanna talk perverse :evil: THAT is twisted thinking there. Gimme a freakin break. That's just one reason I abhor organized religion :cray-cray:

It's like Fundie Men are not required to have any accountability for their own behavior ever. I firmly believe that that lesson is a contributing factor in Josh turning out the way that he did.

He molests his sisters- but it's OK it's not really his fault, the girls probably defrauded him, which allowed the devil to get in and make him do it- not Joshie's fault.

He cheats on his wife- well she obviously wasn't putting out enough, so he was tempted and strayed, again not Josh's fault.

Ultimately no matter what a man does it's never his fault, he never has to own his own behavior and hold himself accountable, it's always the fault of someone else. So there's absolutely no reason for Josh to change, because it's not him who did anything wrong, it's everyone else's fault.

The worst part?

Jill and Derick provided a link to watch the sermon live.

Scum.

Jill and Jessa (and to a lesser extent Derrick and Ben, too) have to be clinging to any explanation that will prove it can't happen to them. They were taught their whole lives that if they followed all these rules, it would guarantee a trouble-proof marriage. Well, here's Josh and Anna who followed those courtship rules and he still cheated. So I'm sure they are clinging to crap like this sermon that will give them an extra guarantee.

Jill is seeming more and more like a bully and witch. :music-tool:

If Anna were the unfaithful spouse, would the same sermon be preached?

Jill and Jessa (and to a lesser extent Derrick and Ben, too) have to be clinging to any explanation that will prove it can't happen to them. They were taught their whole lives that if they followed all these rules, it would guarantee a trouble-proof marriage. Well, here's Josh and Anna who followed those courtship rules and he still cheated. So I'm sure they are clinging to crap like this sermon that will give them an extra guarantee.

I'm not sure its about them worrying about their own husbands.

They have been raised in a patriarchal family where they have been taught since their earliest years that women are always responsible for men's sexual behavior. Good and bad. On one of their last TLC shows, Michelle told the bikini story again. Because she wore a bikini in her own damn yard, she was responsible for her neighbor lusting after her and subsequently any problems in their marriage.

Michelle has also raised them to believe they must submit to their husbands in all realms, including to all sexual demands. A wife should never refuse her husband regardless of her own needs, and what he wants, she gives him.

Couple this with their desire - subconscious or otherwise- to lessen any bad behavior of a Duggar to salvage what they can of the brand, and Josh's sins become the responsibility of a spouse who couldn't or wouldn't satisfy him.

It's sick that young women would believe shit like this, but this is how they were raised. They should keep it to themselves though. Leghumpers may agree with them, but Anna certainly doesn't need it (and this is why her brother's public support became necessary) and they are just making themselves look like complete assholes to the general public.

The more I hear, the more I feel Anna and the kids need to get the hell out of there.

When I read that it just made me sick. It is not a wife's fault if her husband has an affair. Even if the marriage isn't a happy one, for heaven's sake, end it BEFORE you move on to another woman.

What I don't understand is why children's protective services hasn't been investigating the family. Josh admitted to molesting his sisters. Now he's had an affair, maybe more than one. He's associated with strippers and prostitutes. His wife has most likely been exposed to STDs. How can that be a good environment for those four children??? :wtf:

When I read that it just made me sick. It is not a wife's fault if her husband has an affair. Even if the marriage isn't a happy one, for heaven's sake, end it BEFORE you move on to another woman.

What I don't understand is why children's protective services hasn't been investigating the family. Josh admitted to molesting his sisters. Now he's had an affair, maybe more than one. He's associated with strippers and prostitutes. His wife has most likely been exposed to STDs. How can that be a good environment for those four children??? :wtf:

Are you really suggesting that the state should interfere in a family just because someone is unfaithful? That they be forced into counseling or lose their kids? I say get the state out of my bedroom!

The sermon was recapped on another thread. (I haven't found it again yet - prob Josh pt. 3)

ETA: Here is the recap in all of its glory:

http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1012098#p1012098

To be fair,

1. The sermon is the first of a series of five that was planned before Joshley broke, so how much the pastor changed due to Ashley Madison is open for debate

2. We do not know if Jill & Derick knew what would be included when they promoted it. SEX TODAY is the name of the series.

"Are you really suggesting that the state should interfere in a family just because someone is unfaithful? That they be forced into counseling or lose their kids? I say get the state out of my bedroom!

No. I'm saying the multitude of Josh's indiscretions add up to an environment that's not good for children. We all know Josh needed counseling years ago and Anna needs it now. Given the most-likely tense situation around their household, I'm betting at least Makynzie and Michael will need counseling soon. Children pick up on parental tension a lot more than you realize. And if the parents won't handle it of their own volition, then perhaps the state should step in and do something. Otherwise, the cycle just repeats. I have a nephew who was a long-term drug abuser as was his wife and the state (not Arkansas but another southern state) took their children away for the safety and well-being of the kids. And none of us disagreed with that decision. Those kids deserved better than two druggie parents who were doing God knows what to get money for their drug habits.

I'm not really sure how the hell ANY of these woman want to get married whatsoever. The whole dynamic is so unappealing - worrying about breaking any of the many ridiculous "rules" and the wrath that will follow should they not live this perfect little "what god expects" life? Pumping out babies like life depended on it? Submitting to your headship anytime no matter what? No thanks.

How on earth is it possible to live by these impossible standards? Seems to me like nearly every choice these women are faced with is plagued with some sort of catch 22. I'll even go as far as to say there's a catch 22 for these women merely because they wake up every morning - they literally don't even need to do anything but be a female. You never can tell when what's going to trigger who, and when just because you're a girl. That ain't no way to live, folks...

Just because someone is a "stripper" doesn't make them a bad person. There's no reason for CPA to interfere because of an affair.

The sermon was recapped on another thread. (I haven't found it again yet - prob Josh pt. 3)

ETA: Here is the recap in all of its glory:

http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1012098#p1012098

To be fair,

1. The sermon is the first of a series of five that was planned before Joshley broke, so how much the pastor changed due to Ashley Madison is open for debate

2. We do not know if Jill & Derick knew what would be included when they promoted it. SEX TODAY is the name of the series.

I'm strongly suspect they knew, which is why they promoted it. I think it was pretty much at the last minute that they did.

If Anna were the unfaithful spouse, would the same sermon be preached?

What a great freaking question! I'm thinking they'd find a way to rationalize bringing back the stockade.

What a great freaking question! I'm thinking they'd find a way to rationalize bringing back the stockade.

Yeah, the sermon would be cancelled that week, to allow enough time for the stoning.

"Are you really suggesting that the state should interfere in a family just because someone is unfaithful? That they be forced into counseling or lose their kids? I say get the state out of my bedroom!

No. I'm saying the multitude of Josh's indiscretions add up to an environment that's not good for children. We all know Josh needed counseling years ago and Anna needs it now. Given the most-likely tense situation around their household, I'm betting at least Makynzie and Michael will need counseling soon. Children pick up on parental tension a lot more than you realize. And if the parents won't handle it of their own volition, then perhaps the state should step in and do something. Otherwise, the cycle just repeats. I have a nephew who was a long-term drug abuser as was his wife and the state (not Arkansas but another southern state) took their children away for the safety and well-being of the kids. And none of us disagreed with that decision. Those kids deserved better than two druggie parents who were doing God knows what to get money for their drug habits.

I agree it's not a great environment for the kids right now but there is no reason whatsoever to believe they are being physically harmed or neglected. That's when the state steps in. I think Josh is a shit, too, but if we're going to send CPS after every family experiencing marital problems or with a less than optimal emotional climate every other person will need to be a CPS worker to handle the load.

There is no perfect system but that safety net is set up to save kids from danger, not re-educate everyone who isn't parenting to our standards.

Archived