IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 4: That Pig She Calls Her Husband

happy atheist

ITA.

That little bit of support could make a huge difference to Anna's state of mind right now. Just the thought that her brother doesn't blame her could comfort her. I think it was important that he said what he did where he did.

Agree that Josh fully deserves the name, no arguments there. Anna might be encouraged by the support (I hope she is) but putting it out there publicly might have the counterproductive effect of embarrassing her more and we know she's been humiliated more than enough.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't find anything in the thread, sorry for being too sloppy if I missed just the one page, but where does the 11 (elebenty :) ) come from? Is this true?? 11 chicks? Omfg

My thoughts too - ELEVEN? But he did use a fairly attractive picture (even thought it wasn't him) and his online profile wasn't all that repulsive. Josh could have bragged about it when he was with her.

I could see how this might happen. If an AM staffer contacted one of the tabloid tip lines ($$$) and the tabloid wanted to pay for an interview they would need to check the veracity.

I think if anything it was just to put it to the Duggar family. Remember, they aren't universally loved and revered. I'm the one who happened upon the FB posts and haven't seen it leaked elsewhere so, yeah, YMMV.

I have no idea if AM would even keep track but still I can see somebody so eager for their 15 minutes that they would lie about it. Or to stick to the Duggar family because it appears that they have made some people very angry.

Agree that Josh fully deserves the name, no arguments there. Anna might be encouraged by the support (I hope she is) but putting it out there publicly might have the counterproductive effect of embarrassing her more and we know she's been humiliated more than enough.

Unfortunately, all lack-of-privacy roads lead back to the reality show.

Maybe she didn't have all that much say in marrying Josh, but she seemed to enjoy being on the show and I'm sure enjoyed the financial and other perks. Now comes the inevitable dark side of fame. Her brother calling Josh a pig is the least of the indignities she's enduring - and will continue to endure, possibly forever. Her kids will certainly know Daddy is an oink oink when they are old enough to understand. Jill and Jessa are having no trouble publicly dissing her with their little posts and links. Daniel is providing a counter to that, and as others have said, I don't see it does any harm and the counterpoint to the Duggars could be a comfort to her.

What are you talking about? No sex for 80 days because she had a girl?

People are not supposed to have sex for 8 weeks or so after giving birth because the vagina is all tender and maybe there are stitches from an episiotomy. It has nothing to do with what sex the baby is.

There might be some fundies out there that have a weird belief like you are saying, but I am confident that the Duggars do not share it.

Where did you hear this information?

The Duggars have been pretty vocal about abstaining for 40 days after the birth of a boy and for 80 after a girl. Because a female birth is extra unclean or some horseshit. There are lots of articles about this online, here is one:

http://www.today.com/parents/duggars-7- ... 2D12106530

I just watched a video on youtube wherein Smuggar The Pig likened the birth control pill to the murder of innocent life as it can cause "abortions".

If he engaged in sexual intercourse with 11 ladies (love it...Josh's infidelities go to 11) then presumably most were on the Pill. Does Josh see himself as complicit in the murder of his potential babies, or is that all on the women?

Maybe (hopefully for Anna's sake) he used a condom, but that's against the rules too. And since he doesn't use one at home, I'm not sure I see him dulling his pleasure during his extracurricular dalliances.

Two thoughts on this:

1) Yup, it's all on the women. :angry-banghead:

2) He just plain doesn't give a shit. Remember, he's the Biggest Hypocrite Ever. :dance:

If I remember correctly she has an older sister who, after getting married, stopped being fundie and became a normal conservative Christian- I think it was the husband of this sister who had some choice things to say about Josh, the Duggars, the wedding and the whole TLC circus generally at the time of Josh and Anna's wedding.

I don't think that this sister is totally considered a black sheep, in spite of being non-fundy, if this branch of Anna's family are supportive than I think they would be the best placed to help her. Thier conservative views might mean that Anna is more likely to listen to them and actually hear what they have to say without writing it off as sinful libralism, and hopefully because they are non-fundy they would actually speak sense and assure her that she is not to blame for this, and that she has options and no-one in their right mind woould think badly of her for walking away and never looking back

You do remember correctly. AFAIK, Anna's second oldest sister and her husband have not yet spoken out, and I agree that they may be more successful in counseling Anna. This couple still identify as conservative Christians. The husband has spoken out openly against IBLP/ATI before, but I don't think they have ever been shunned by the Keller family. Daniel and his wife Candace, and Suze have all been shunned at various times by the Kellers. Last we saw, they were reconciled, possibly because of the grandchildren.

I understand Daniel and Suze's outrage but, as others have also said, I fear that their public statements may drive Anna away rather than encourage her to reach out to them for help.

Besides the grand Josh spent for AM, he'd surly have to have spent much more. Hotel rooms in DC are not cheap. They could have also had dinner or drinks before hopping into bed.

Unless Josh parked that RV on a street corner for their "business".

Josh doesn't drink. It's against his religion. :roll:

That's actually not accurate. It's 80 after a birth of a girl because that girl will supposedly grow up to carry a son herself.

And about Josh using protection, he had no problem betraying his beliefs to cheat on his wife. I'm sure he had no problem using condoms/BC if it meant covering his butt.

Josh doesn't drink. It's against his religion. :roll:

Looks like he eats enough dinner to make up for the lack of drinks though.

Well this just went public. radaronline.com/celebrity-news/josh-duggar-cheating-scandal-anna-duggar-brother-slams-josh-begs-her-to-leave/

I am amazed at the kellers parents response to this. (Go suze and Daniel!!!)

I mean, they are suposed to have seen the dark side of fundamentalism by now. They have daniel, out of fundieland, esther, grifting in zambia with her 8 children and her asshole husband, prissy and her fabolous gay husband, suze and her child out of wedlock, the other sister that has two daughters and also is at least fundie lite (but as far as i know she is the sister susanna went to live with when she got pregnant), and they have two other kids whom i think are still underage.

I can't see why they still are so fucking backwards. They are supossed to have seen the light :angry-banghead:

Unfortunately, all lack-of-privacy roads lead back to the reality show.

Maybe she didn't have all that much say in marrying Josh, but she seemed to enjoy being on the show and I'm sure enjoyed the financial and other perks. Now comes the inevitable dark side of fame. Her brother calling Josh a pig is the least of the indignities she's enduring - and will continue to endure, possibly forever. Her kids will certainly know Daddy is an oink oink when they are old enough to understand. Jill and Jessa are having no trouble publicly dissing her with their little posts and links. Daniel is providing a counter to that, and as others have said, I don't see it does any harm and the counterpoint to the Duggars could be a comfort to her.

Agree she's experiencing the dark side of the fame she clearly enjoyed the upsides before. And the privacy ship sailed a long time ago so I will concede that her brother's support, however it's expressed, will hopefully be a comfort to her. That poor woman is dealing with so much and the hits just keep on coming.

I think it's important that Anna actually see people who are angry at the correct person to be angry at and vocally take her side, and that being on Jessa's post is the most likely place for her to see it outside of direct contact. Since this came out, all she has probably heard is how she's also to blame and she should fix everything and keep sweet. She's not only feeling like people are disappointed in her, but like she shouldn't be angry at him herself because others around her aren't. To have an example of someone she knows and loves taking her side completely and probably vocalizing what's hidden in her heart might give her some strength to express what needs expressing. Because even if she doesn't leave him, she has to be able to stand up for herself and not be run over by the Duggar Train of Suck. :pull-hair:

I'm sure that Anna does feel very embarrassed and humiliated. I can't even comprehend all she's had to deal with in the last few months. But I know if I was in her position I would also feel very lonely, isolated and frightened. That's why I think her brother's support could help her.

I do see what you're saying, particularly if (when) she does end up staying with Josh. Her humiliation has been so embarrassingly public though, a little public support from Daniel and Suze is really good to see.

I think pig is too mild an insult. I saw a warty hog at our zoo a few weeks ago. That's my porcine suggestion. May be too evocative of STDs though. Hmm....

!  {TEXT1}:
Apparently the rule about speculation regarding Josh's 5th victim was a little too specific for some members, so I have changed that rule a little.

There will be NO speculation on any unnamed victims of Josh.

Period.

If people continue to speculate about his unnamed victims past/present/future you will get a warning. Second offense will be a trip to the Prayer Closet.

What he has done is bad enough. We don't need to wallow in the mud with him by speculating about what he may be doing or may do in the future. It is gross and we are better than that.

Thank you for your cooperation!

I am amazed at the kellers parents response to this. (Go suze and Daniel!!!)

I mean, they are suposed to have seen the dark side of fundamentalism by now. They have daniel, out of fundieland, esther, grifting in zambia with her 8 children and her asshole husband, prissy and her fabolous gay husband, suze and her child out of wedlock, the other sister that has two daughters and also is at least fundie lite (but as far as i know she is the sister susanna went to live with when she got pregnant), and they have two other kids whom i think are still underage.

I can't see why they still are so fucking backwards. They are supossed to have seen the light :angry-banghead:

I dont think there is any proof that Priscilla husband is gay, i dont think is nice to speculate about someone sexuality in any case, but you are stating it as a known fact, when its just your opinion.

I understand why some people may think that, and i guess speculating about adults sexuality is not against the rules of the forum, but i think stating it as a fact is not nice, and to be honest is impossible to know, just because he appears to be gay doesnt mean he is, people really surprise you. I have seem more people doing it in the past so this is not only directed to you, please dont take it as a personal attack.

That's actually not accurate. It's 80 after a birth of a girl because that girl will supposedly grow up to carry a son herself.

And about Josh using protection, he had no problem betraying his beliefs to cheat on his wife. I'm sure he had no problem using condoms/BC if it meant covering his butt.

The 80 days is the part that I meant is confirmed. Not the convoluted "reasoning" (idiocy).

run over by the Duggar Train of Suck

Another beautiful post count title!

Thanks! As many times as we've seen them ride various trains on the show (and usually almost lose a kid in the process), it seemed fitting.

I dont think there is any proof that Priscilla husband is gay, i dont think is nice to speculate about someone sexuality in any case, but you are stating it as a known fact, when its just your opinion.

I understand why some people may think that, and i guess speculating about adults sexuality is not against the rules of the forum, but i think stating it as a fact is not nice, and to be honest is impossible to know, just because he appears to be gay doesnt mean he is, people really surprise you. I have seem more people doing it in the past so this is not only directed to you, please dont take it as a personal attack.

We speculate about all sorts of things that "isn't nice" and that's part of this forum. I can't speak for everyone but I doubt any of us mean any harm or any of us use this to devalue him. I am vocal about my speculation about his sexuality because while I don't really care what his sexual orientation may be, I speak out because the institution he follows may pressure him into not acting on that side of himself which I find very sad. Sometimes being too politically correct holds us back from being progressive and to fight for the most just and peaceful world.

i'm so happy Anna has someone with brain enough to see what a pig Josh really is

i'd love to see him just pummel Josh into the ground (not the most civilized response, but the perfect response just the same)

I'm glad I came here today--finally something out of all of this to be grateful for

What are you talking about? No sex for 80 days because she had a girl?

People are not supposed to have sex for 8 weeks or so after giving birth because the vagina is all tender and maybe there are stitches from an episiotomy. It has nothing to do with what sex the baby is.

There might be some fundies out there that have a weird belief like you are saying, but I am confident that the Duggars do not share it.

Where did you hear this information?

The Duggars have stated they follow the OT prescription that a man and woman wait for 40 days after the birth of a boy to resume sex, and 80 days after the birth of a girl.

While we're discussing why we dont speculate...

theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/24/report-two-suicides-associated-with-ashley-madison-leak/

As the fallout continues following the massive hacking of Ashley Madison — a website that helps facilitate extramarital affairs — Canadian police have announced unconfirmed reports that two of the website’s clients took their own lives after personal details were leaked.

The Toronto Police Department held a press conference on Monday, announcing this purported development and claiming that hackers’ actions are illegal and “won’t be tolerated,†but giving sparse details about the potential suicides, CBC News reported.

“As of this morning, we have two unconfirmed reports of suicides that are associated because of the leak of Ashley Madison customers profiles,†Staff Supt. Bryce Evans said during the event.

“This aint’ fun and games anymore, this is reality, this is affecting all of us,†Evans said. “The social impact behind this leak, we’re talking about families, we’re talking about children, we’re talking about wives, their male partners. It’s going to have impacts on their lives.â€

The Daily Mail reported on Monday that there could actually be three potential suicides as a result of the hacking, explaining that a San Antonio police captain reportedly died last week from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, though there is not yet confirmation as to whether the death was related to the hacking.

As much as I appreciate the downfall of the Duggars, this is a sobering reminder that real people are extremely hurt as a result of this information. We all feel for Anna and the M'kids, but there are thousands of others who are harmed by this information.

Two (or possibly three) is too many. Lets all hope that no more end their lives or attempt to harm themselves as a result of all this.

Archived