IGNORED

PEOPLE! People! Went to press too soon.

Mandysue

On the People site they showed a version of this week's cover with Josh and Anna on the cover. I just got my copy in the mail and it has the Paris train trio on the cover with a small pic of Josh and Anna at the top with a teaser about his double life. I haven't opened it yet because I haven't decided if I'm going to mail it back to People like last week's issue. It's a double issue though, so at least I shouldn't get any new Duggars in the mail next week.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I saw the old issue of People in the checkout line in the grocery store I laughed inside...

If Jessa wants to complain about "bittersweet" she ain't seen nothing yet...

Jessa and Ben aren't too far up shit creek. True, they're a couple of unqualified teenagers about to have a baby and no means of support. But at least she will be able to go on birth control as soon as the baby's born and find a job to support Ben while he gets some sort of qualification for a decent job. (assuming she'll eventually want to be a baby factory it makes most sense for him to study for a decent job). Hopefully they'll be lent a sister for nannying purposes.

I too think they're smug, but here's a thought on their behalf (I know, I know!) Thru no fault of their own, they grew up with uber-controlling educating-loathing parents. They are part of what is seen as a very wealthy family [no matter how the tv show 'spoils' are divided]. They cannot take welfare even if they are starving--they've been taught to see it as evil. Now--where will either get a job? Bin has an associates degree in political science. Until this it is likely he could have gotten a job as a legislative aide or in the town office of the state senator/rep or maybe even the Federal one. Maybe--with JB's help. [Personally my B.A. in political science landed me in library school so I could earn a living just sayin]. He wants to be a preacher? FIne, but now......? Remember, BIN didn't do anything wrong. So, they are damned if they do add damned if they don't. Not REALLY defending them--they are smug-ass teenagers wanting freebies. But, like other such teens when told to, what was it J'chelle? "Leave and Cleave?" in time they will figure it out. Likely they do not pay any rent and maybe no utilities, but they have to eat and pay the Scam-wife to hopefully deliver a live, healthy baby for a live, happy Mama.

I've no doubt the toilet paper rolls and tissue paper in pretty colors will come out, J'Chelle, if she can still blink from all the anti-anxiety meds, will paint nice signs, someone will show up with a vat of spinach dip and they will give them a Baby Shower. When the baby is born, someone will drop off Tater Tot Casserole and a bag of salad and some Mt Dew. They will live!

I too think they're smug, but here's a thought on their behalf (I know, I know!) Thru no fault of their own, they grew up with uber-controlling educating-loathing parents. They are part of what is seen as a very wealthy family [no matter how the tv show 'spoils' are divided]. They cannot take welfare even if they are starving--they've been taught to see it as evil. Now--where will either get a job? Bin has an associates degree in political science. Until this it is likely he could have gotten a job as a legislative aide or in the town office of the state senator/rep or maybe even the Federal one. Maybe--with JB's help. [Personally my B.A. in political science landed me in library school so I could earn a living just sayin]. He wants to be a preacher? FIne, but now......? Remember, BIN didn't do anything wrong. So, they are damned if they do add damned if they don't. Not REALLY defending them--they are smug-ass teenagers wanting freebies. But, like other such teens when told to, what was it J'chelle? "Leave and Cleave?" in time they will figure it out. Likely they do not pay any rent and maybe no utilities, but they have to eat and pay the Scam-wife to hopefully deliver a live, healthy baby for a live, happy Mama.

I've no doubt the toilet paper rolls and tissue paper in pretty colors will come out, J'Chelle, if she can still blink from all the anti-anxiety meds, will paint nice signs, someone will show up with a vat of spinach dip and they will give them a Baby Shower. When the baby is born, someone will drop off Tater Tot Casserole and a bag of salad and some Mt Dew. They will live!

I would hope that Ben Boy is spending his free time looking for serious employment. Jessa should be looking to shore up educational deficits, studying for licensing in whatever interests her and matches her skill sets, perhaps take CPR and some early childhood ed classes so that she can open a home daycare...or secure a real estate license. These 2 should be getting their financial ducks in a row. Sooner or later, JB is going to have to cut people off and start renting out these homes for income. All of the adults (minus GM Mary) should be either taking classes or getting licenses to work in some capacity. INCLUDING MICHELLE.

Come on you guys, the source is someone from TLC or Figure Eight or whoever it is that filmed the Duggars; that's how People mag works. They're not going to call Amy or some other Duggar relation for dirt--they're basically an idustry-run magazine and they have contacts and relationships with industry insiders, not Joe-used-to-be-or-wants-to-be-famous.

ETA: Could it be Scott Enlow himself? He's douchey enough and he knows the family well enough to guess how they might be responding to all of this.

Well, Scott did say he'd told some of the younger kids that he'd been in the family longer than they had.

Archived