IGNORED

Michael Bates Brandon Keilen wedding

19 cats and counting

I think the dress is ugly. But the important thing is that she liked it. The hair/veil is ok, but super simple for a wedding.

The bridesmaids dresses are cute, i like how the brown theme played out.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I like her dress, but I need to see more pics. I can't tell if it had hot mess alterations (Erin) or if it was naturally modest (Priscilla) or somewhere in between (Jill, Jessa, Alyssa).

Great pic of both of them (both very photogenic people) and they both look happy. I wish them both well.

I drove past the church on my way to lunch at a little after 11 and was behind a white Yukon with Arkansas plates that turned into the church parking lot. I wonder if it was some of the Duggars.

20597843332_ce2217be8e_b.jpg

Not liking that dress at all! It looks like she put a strapless bra or bikini top over a perfectly fine dress. Nor do I like her hair/veil. Basically I think she looks like a hot mess.

I hope she's happy with her look.

I'm hoping I'll like everything more when when I see more pics, but yeah, from those I am not a fan.

It is what SHE wants that matters, so hopefully she liked it.

Heh, for now I'm disapointed on Michaella's dress... It seems a mess! Waiting for more pictures!

But I really like the bridesmaids dresses. Jana, Erin and Tori are stunning. And on a side note, Erin looks so much better with loose curls!

I agree, she does but I am really worried about Jinger. She's been too skinny for quite a while but that photo really shocks me!

The stress of her current situation can't help, and their modesty standards can really hide just how skinny some of these girls are. She really doesn't look well at all.

I think the dress looks fine (from what we've seen so far). It's definitely not my style, but she looks lovely. I think her hair looks wonderful. Then again, I like simple, curled hairstyles :) That's absolutely something I would choose for myself.

The stress of her current situation can't help, and their modesty standards can really hide just how skinny some of these girls are. She really doesn't look well at all.

I hate to say it but she looks ill. I hate playing into petty rumors but for the last year she has been seemingly getting smaller and smaller and now her eyes are starting to look sunken. It's really getting time to free her.

I hate to say it but she looks ill. I hate playing into petty rumors but for the last year she has been seemingly getting smaller and smaller and now her eyes are starting to look sunken. It's really getting time to free her.

I've worked with ED sufferers before, and it's well known that admissions/referrals spike in September - because families go on a summer beach holiday, see their teenage daughter in a bikini and suddenly realise just how underweight she is. It's also much harder to avoid food in a restaurant setting and the resistance to eating properly sends alarm bells ringing in parents' heads.

Neither of these apply to Jinger - she's constantly expected to cover up, so can just wear more layers and no one will see bones showing through. The family mealtimes/general environment is so chaotic no one would notice if she skipped dinner I'm sure, I really doubt they sit round that table much.

1. Sorry...not liking the dress, but I need to see it from a front view.

2. Jana looks gorgeous, as does Erin. I love the bridesmaid dresses.

3. Jinger is scaring me, I really do hope everything is ok for her.

Per the wedding program, her name was listed as Michaela. Makes me wonder if she has/will legally change it as well as her last name

instagram.com/p/6acPV-wlxp/?taken-at=6840576

Jinger is getting incredibly small. Maybe it has to do with the stress of Jessa marrying/leaving/having a baby + the scandal?

This picture shows a little more:

https://instagram.com/p/6a0y0TIyyu/?tak ... adie_menez

She has gotten that sort of lollypop/bobblehead look, where her body is so small, her head looks over sized because she is so thin :( I really hope she is alright, as it's unlikely she can find any real help living with her parents. She would be lucky if they even noticed.

I've got to admit that the tree stump carved with their names makes an adorable unity candle table. Too cute!

I really think that's a strapless dress with a modified bolero sewn over it.

Least it has some ruching and pretty embelishments. AnnaOfDuggar's dress is still the worst in my mind.

Brandon doesn't seem happy. He has the David Waller face on, the "I'm only here getting married because I have to be"

Seriously? Brandon looks thrilled to me, especially in the second picture Meghann posted (the pictures aren't showing up in the quotes for me or I'd put them here). Brandon is reserved, like Michaela. His emotions aren't necessarily going to be as prominently displayed as some other people's, say TFDW.

I honestly wonder what everyone else is seeing. The Rodrigues kids look extremely thin to me, but Jinger doesn't look unhealthily thin at all.

I think sometimes perceptions are skewed because the average person is overweight (and mine might be skewed in the opposite direction); I've gotten called too skinny when I was right in the middle of the healthy bmi range. I'm a little lower now, but still at a healthy weight, and I've had people call me extremely thin recently. My family, who has seen me at incredibly low weights, thinks I look great.

I will say, though, that when I was younger I was able to hide some of my ED issues by embracing modesty. I would never wear a swimsuit without a shirt and shorts over it, never wear sleeveless shirts, never wear short shorts, etc. The real reason was that I was extremely uncomfortable with my body, but I disguised it as a conviction to be modest.

I'm not going to speculate on whether any of these girls have an ED. I do want to say, in just a general sense, that even if someone isn't underweight they could still have a serious ED. Most ED suffers do not end up underweight, which allows it to go hidden for much longer and can be very, very dangerous. On the other side, not all underweight people have an ED either. We have absolutely no idea whether someone has an ED or not just from looking at pictures.

Archived