IGNORED

Michael Bates Brandon Keilen wedding

19 cats and counting

Since the other 3 Bates weddings had their own thread I think they deserve one (Mods, merge this if you disagree).

Instagram tag is #BatesKeilenWedding

I'm dying to see her dress.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited to see her married as well. She has really blossomed in the past year, and I think she's the most attractive of the Bates daughters. I wonder what name Brandon will say at the altar?! I guess that will finally settle the Michal/Michael/Michealla debate within her family.

I'm very happy for her. I always worried she was the going to be the permanent SAHD for the Bateses, so I'm really glad that she's going to live her life.

I'm excited to see her married as well. She has really blossomed in the past year, and I think she's the most attractive of the Bates daughters. I wonder what name Brandon will say at the altar?! I guess that will finally settle the Michal/Michael/Michealla debate within her family.

I also wonder if she'll legally change her name to whatever form of it she prefers when she gets married tomorrow (I'll eat my shoe if she does not change her last name).

I'm very happy for her. I have a soft spot for the oldest daughter of a fundie family (often the family slave) and I'm glad she's getting out. I hope she and Brandon are happy (and I predict baby Keilen before their 1st anniversary).

still amazes me that her parents didn't just figure out a way to pay for their mistake at the beginning. Wasn't it like $50 to change it again once they realized they had made a mistake? Surely family or friends could have helped with that. But hey yeah keep on having kids, they're cheap eh?

I'm still not even sure what the mistake was. Michal is a nice name and I see nothing wrong with the Biblical story. Her parents are just idiots.

(I don't have UP either). My guess is that it will be handled like the Duggar girls weddings. There will be the instagram pics (unlike the Duggars, a hashtag exists), and I'm sure they'll release a handful of pics to the media.

After the episode airs, then they'll release more. I remember them doing this for Alyssa's wedding (ABC?)

(Just my guess).

Per the Bates thread, there is lobbying for this thread to be called #fiftyshadesofbrown in reflection of the amount of brown to be on display at the wedding (brown tuxes, brown dresses - lots of brown).

Alyssa was wearing a sleeveless, (slightly) above-the-knee dress for the rehearsal dinner. I have to say, I'm a little impressed she doesn't revert back to her family's dress/modesty standards even for her sister's wedding!

Alyssa was wearing a sleeveless, (slightly) above-the-knee dress for the rehearsal dinner. I have to say, I'm a little impressed she doesn't revert back to her family's dress/modesty standards even for her sister's wedding!

I had the same thought. She looks beautiful in that pic. Zach looks good too--his shirt doesn't look like the buttons are going to pop off at any moment. Maybe getting more exercise at the police academy.

I hope she is happy and wants to marry, but I cant get excited about a Fundie wedding. It's the only way they can leave the nest and they need the father's approval as said in the article posted below .. Here's a quote from Gil and Kelly

"As parents, we hope and dream and pray that our children will find that special someone in life that will encourage them in their walk with the Lord and that will love them wholeheartedly and unconditionally. Seeing that come to life brings us such fulfillment and joy. We know Brandon and Michaella are a perfect match and we couldn't be more elated about their wedding announcement,"

What if one of them decides the don't want to marry?

christianpost.com/news/bringing-up-bates-stars-announce-wedding-date-139453/

Is it bad I think brown suits the couple?

They both seem very quiet. A 'flashy' colour display doesn't seem like it would be their thing.

Anyone know how old Brandon is? To me, he looks like a teenager still with that baby face of his.

I'm elated that today is her day. I remember seeing her on old episodes of 19 Kids and thinking she would be the Jana of the Bates family, destined to spend all of her years in sistermom-dom. Not only is she getting married, she's also getting married to a guy she has loved for half a decade. I'm couldn't be more pleased that she's getting her happy ending.

Brandon will be 26 in September and Michael is 25.

I can't post pics because my daughter spilled coke on my computer yesterday but I can post links

Here we have Zach and Alyssa

instagram.com/p/6Y9-NLJAkq/

Erin has a few pics here, including Jill being frumpy and a cute one of Erin and Michael

instagram.com/chad_erinpaine/?hl=en

Michaels instagram has a pic of joy

instagram.com/brandon_michael_jn15/

Minus the fundy mindset and values. She seems like a good soul and I really think she will love being a mom and having her own house to decorate. I can't wait to see her dress. Does anyone know if she is sewing it herself vs buying? I agree with the rest of you she really has blossomed.

Also, married life seems to suit the Bates kids and their spouses. Zach looks so happy and Whitney is just beautiful. Their little boy might be the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'd kill for Alyssa's body and I'm glad she's allowed to enjoy it. Girl flaunt it and don't feel ashamed!

Another one to follow is family fan, I mean friend, Courtney

instagram.com/courtneykayg/

And Lawson

instagram.com/lawbates/?hl=en

Oh ok. I've been trained with a plumbing line to automatically break them!

Look, the Daily Mail says the Duggars are going to hijack the wedding lolz

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3177978/Wedding-Crashers-Duggar-clan-plans-hijack-Bringing-Bates-daughter-s-reality-nuptials-faces-TV.html

I'm very happy for her. I always worried she was the going to be the permanent SAHD for the Bateses, so I'm really glad that she's going to live her life.

Same here!

Zach and Alyssa look great. He's lost weight and I really like her hair the color it is now.

According to #BatesKeilenWedding, Jinger drove the Duggar bus to TN. :popcorn2:

Another one to follow is family fan, I mean friend, Courtney

instagram.com/courtneykayg/

And Lawson

instagram.com/lawbates/?hl=en

Thank you for the links, i didnt know Lawson has an instagram, surprised thatthey allow him to have one despite not being married.

Archived