IGNORED

Bates Family - Part 3

happy atheist

"I totally agree."

That's great! It's always been "In Total Agreement" in my head, but yours is a lot more like how normal people talk when not drafting a policy.

Actually it was always "In Total Agreeance" in my head until I looked up agreeance vs agreement and realized I was wrong, so good thing I was just abbreviating so I wasn't showing my ass for who knows how many years. (although I still think agreeance first then correct myself to agreement while being annoyed at myself for being so pedantic when it doesn't matter outside of my head.)

That I not only criticize myself, but then get irritated with myself for the criticism is one of those things that seems normal until you see it written out and then wonder what the hell is wrong with me.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my god, the kissing pic they just posted on Instagram -- was not expecting that! I'm scandalized. They look like they figured it out a lot more quickly than Jessa and Ben though :clap:

37RNgNy.png

The quiet ones are usually the most surprsing. Go Michaella

That is just way too similar to the FLDS cult. Just something else to hold over the members' heads.

Housing in the Chicago area is expensive anyway! Oak Brook s affluent. My sister lives in Downers Grove. I really like that area. Lots of diversity lots of choices for resteraunts and one of the high schools in DG is in the top 10 in Illinois. Her neighborhood is interesting, you have some of the origional homes and some that have been torn down and rebuilt on with some amazing houses. It is a nice mix. It also was the end of the railroad line and there are lots of Sears catalog houses that were dumped there. My sister lives in one.

I cannot believe Gothard is so close, I rarely see any fundies. The ones I do see tend to be Pentacostal. Where are the fundies hiding?

Housing in the Chicago area is expensive anyway! Oak Brook s affluent. My sister lives in Downers Grove. I really like that area. Lots of diversity lots of choices for resteraunts and one of the high schools in DG is in the top 10 in Illinois. Her neighborhood is interesting, you have some of the origional homes and some that have been torn down and rebuilt on with some amazing houses. It is a nice mix. It also was the end of the railroad line and there are lots of Sears catalog houses that were dumped there. My sister lives in one.

I cannot believe Gothard is so close, I rarely see any fundies. The ones I do see tend to be Pentacostal. Where are the fundies hiding?

Think free, not fun and not educational then you will find them!

I just watched the last two episodes last night. Some thoughts:

Whitney looks great. And their son is cute as always.

The Paines seem to still be basking in the newborn glow and Carson is adorable. I'm super impressed Erin was still curling her hair. The newborn period seemed like a fog for me and I couldn't even put on an earring or perfume. Then again I didn't have beauty videos and wasn't on TV.

We got to see those hideous dresses arrive.

And I wonder how much Burlington supplemented the gift certificate for Tori (it was Tori right?). I was wondering why she was purposefully carrying a Burlington reusable bag and and was doing a full fashion show for her whole family and then low and behold comes the commercial immediately after. There you go.

Agree about the Burlington bag. Mama Jane said she'd send a gift card and next thing Tori is hauling in two bags from Burlington and there's an ad for Burlington immediately after that segment. There's no way Mama Jane sent a gift card to one of her (at least 25) grandchildren for the amount that would have bought that many clothes, even at Burlington. Although the plaid shirt she gushed over wasn't all that attractive, which is surprising since she said Josie, the resident shopper and fashion plate, helped her shop.

Agree about the Burlington bag. Mama Jane said she'd send a gift card and next thing Tori is hauling in two bags from Burlington and there's an ad for Burlington immediately after that segment. There's no way Mama Jane sent a gift card to one of her (at least 25) grandchildren for the amount that would have bought that many clothes, even at Burlington. Although the plaid shirt she gushed over wasn't all that attractive, which is surprising since she said Josie, the resident shopper and fashion plate, helped her shop.

I think the purpose was to buy clothes that Tori could wear at Clown College, which is known for having a very strict and plain dress code.

I think the purpose was to buy clothes that Tori could wear at Clown College, which is known for having a very strict and plain dress code.

I feel pretty certain that the Bates girls living at home meet the Crown College dress code. Actually, the Crown College dress code is less strict than the Bates home dress code seems to be. Crown female students are allowed to wear pants & long shorts at certain off campus activities & sports. For example, their Volleyball team plays in long shorts, as you can see in the Sports section of the Crown website: thecrowncollege.com/athletics/

In last nights episode, Kelly was actually encouraging Trace to go to college over working for Gil or getting a job. :o

Even though it was only Crown college, I was surprised by this. I wonder if Zach expressed to his parents how difficult the real world was for him when he tested it out and Kelly and Gil are making changes?

That's great! It's always been "In Total Agreement" in my head, but yours is a lot more like how normal people talk when not drafting a policy.

Actually it was always "In Total Agreeance" in my head until I looked up agreeance vs agreement and realized I was wrong, so good thing I was just abbreviating so I wasn't showing my ass for who knows how many years. (although I still think agreeance first then correct myself to agreement while being annoyed at myself for being so pedantic when it doesn't matter outside of my head.)

That I not only criticize myself, but then get irritated with myself for the criticism is one of those things that seems normal until you see it written out and then wonder what the hell is wrong with me.

It very well could be "In Total Agreement." I often get these things wrong. True story: Until about a week ago I read "TBT" as "Turn Back Time." Still like that better than "Throwback Thursday."

In last nights episode, Kelly was actually encouraging Trace to go to college over working for Gil or getting a job. :o

Even though it was only Crown college, I was surprised by this. I wonder if Zach expressed to his parents how difficult the real world was for him when he tested it out and Kelly and Gil are making changes?

I think the family feels they've had a good experience with Crown (e.g., Erin, Nathan, Tori) so I'm not surprised he was encouraged to try it. Don't know what kind of deal the family might have with the college, but it has been mentioned a bunch of times and most recently Tori was filmed in class. If the advertising on the show doesn't cover the tuition, I imagine the the campus must have lots of trees that need work. Regardless - it's good to see the parents advocating further education.

Kelly has said in past website comments that Erin has encouraged all of her siblings to take at least some classes at Crown, even if they don't get a degree, because she enjoyed it so much.

I wonder if Crown gives discounts if multiple family members are enrolled?

I think its only a matter of time before some Bates marries someone they met at Crown.

Kelly has said in past website comments that Erin has encouraged all of her siblings to take at least some classes at Crown, even if they don't get a degree, because she enjoyed it so much.

I wonder if Crown gives discounts if multiple family members are enrolled?

I think its only a matter of time before some Bates marries someone they met at Crown.

Isn't that where Erin and Chad met? I know they both attended there at the same time.

Isn't that where Erin and Chad met? I know they both attended there at the same time.

No.As far as we know, Chad has never attended college. There are videos on the UP website of Erin discussing how she met Chad.

I just noticed what a sad, boring thread title this is. :shock:

When I started this thread it was called Bates Updates, which while also boring at least rhymed lol.

Anyway, so next week is the season finale and will feature the Bates visiting and performing at Dollywood. Was the wedding even filmed? Will they really wait till next season to show it?

Bates Family: 19 Kids and no abusers.

19 Kids and no known-to-the-public abusers. Thus far.

No.As far as we know, Chad has never attended college. There are videos on the UP website of Erin discussing how she met Chad.

He seems to manage fine employment-wise anyway... and he comes across as educated, which is more than I can say for many of the Bates and Duggar in-laws (even Derrick, who does have his college degree but isn't particularly well-spoken).

Archived