IGNORED

Bates Family - Part 3

happy atheist

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't Chad's father work directly as a doctor for a prison? This is what is on the IBLP website:

[tab=30]Dr. Paine is currently a physician for 1,400 male offenders at the prison affiliated with the Correctional Corporation of America in Oklahoma. He also gives sessions at our Stress Resolution Seminars. Three of his older sons and a daughter have served or are serving on the Headquarters staff.

Well at least he's not working for the evil government, but he is working for an eviler corporation.

Doesn't Chad's father work directly as a doctor for a prison? This is what is on the IBLP website:

[tab=30]Dr. Paine is currently a physician for 1,400 male offenders at the prison affiliated with the Correctional Corporation of America in Oklahoma. He also gives sessions at our Stress Resolution Seminars. Three of his older sons and a daughter have served or are serving on the Headquarters staff.

Well at least he's not working for the evil government, but he is working for an eviler corporation.

Didn't Dr. Paine quit worling as a doctor as some point so he could stuff envelopes for Gothard? He must have realized working as a doctor paid more than stuff envelope. I just can't see how a man who is a doctor wouldn't want his kids to have the same educational opportunities.

If the boss is like-minded it can be done.

Don't a lot of people work for IBLP??? Isn't that against their own teachings???

If they're working for IBLP, their bosses are like-minded, so it wouldn't be an issue.

I got a good laugh last night on twitter. The official Bateseseses twitter (for the show I think) was hyping on twitter to get up to a whopping 100k likes on their facebook page. The incentive if they/when they get there is that Lawson will sing. (I thought they wanted people to like the page).

With Bradley's birthday being next month and no sign of Whitney being pregnant I am thinking they are using some type of birth control especially since she doesn't nurse.

With Bradley's birthday being next month and no sign of Whitney being pregnant I am thinking they are using some type of birth control especially since she doesn't nurse.

Do we know for sure she hasn't nursed or pumped? I don't recall evidence either way.

But yes, I am very happy that there has been no sign of baby #2.

Snipped

The Bateses may seem warm on tv, but from comments I read on other articles,I get a different vibe. Gil goes around telling women they should quit their jobs. .

Well Gil, if these women have husbands like you, they sure as heck need jobs to support themselves and their families. Didn't he quit a good job for some stupid reason, ala Stevehovah Maxwell?

Well Gil, if these women have husbands like you, they sure as heck need jobs to support themselves and their families. Didn't he quit a good job for some stupid reason, ala Stevehovah Maxwell?

They have told several versions of the story, so who knows what the truth is, but one story says he quit to spend more time with his kids and the other story says he was laid off from his job.

They have told several versions of the story, so who knows what the truth is, but one story says he quit to spend more time with his kids and the other story says he was laid off from his job.

Another version was they were getting ready to lay people off, and he volunteered and took the compensation for 6? months after. He got paid for months he didnt work plus more time with kids. I could be remembering wrong though.

Well, if that's the case at least he's doing something that's actually akin to what Jesus preached in the Gospels. Unlike stuffing envelopes for Gothard. :roll:

Michaella posted on Instagram about Brandon's FEMALE coworkers giving her a welcome party. Am I wrong to be absolutely shocked that IBLP employs WOMEN!?

Michaella posted on Instagram about Brandon's FEMALE coworkers giving her a welcome party. Am I wrong to be absolutely shocked that IBLP employs WOMEN!?

The weird thing about IBLP is that is was built on the backs of both male and female teens leaving their families and coming to live at a training center. Despite all these teachings about keeping kids sheltered in the family, Gothard relied on parents sending him their kids to work for free. Some stayed to work for pay when they became adults. I knew several women who ended up working for IBLP after having devoted most of their teen years to working in various training centers. It is like the Institute is seen as an extension of all the ATI families so it isn't really working for someone outside the home.

Well the Gothard foot girls were female so ... PLUS it's a good place for them to find a like minded husband ?

I doubt it. I hope they're doing something to intentionally space, but this isn't a long gap by any means. Many women take 8 months, 10 months, a year or more to conceive again, even if they're not nursing or preventing. I think sometimes we see these super fertile fundies and assume every woman is like that, and that's just not the case. Also, Whitney could be pregnant again already and just waiting to announce. A lot of them seem to think it's cute to announce on the previous baby's first birthday.

Last night Erin said she can't look at Carson without picturing him with a brother. I thought oh boy, here it is, the kids a month old and they're talking about another one. But then she said that before they have anymore kids she needs to get some sleep. And that having kids was hard and she was still learning how to be a parent. So I'm hoping it won't be too soon.

I doubt it. I hope they're doing something to intentionally space, but this isn't a long gap by any means. Many women take 8 months, 10 months, a year or more to conceive again, even if they're not nursing or preventing. I think sometimes we see these super fertile fundies and assume every woman is like that, and that's just not the case. Also, Whitney could be pregnant again already and just waiting to announce. A lot of them seem to think it's cute to announce on the previous baby's first birthday.

Yeah, I think we all might have a slightly skewed view of fertility because we're used to seeing the uber-fertile Michelle and Kelly. I'm in a season of life ( ;) ) where a lot of my friends and acquaintances are having children, and plenty of my otherwise healthy late 20s/early 30s female friends are actively trying to get pregnant for six, seven, eight months before it happens.

Gil did indeed quit his good paying job at Nabisco. He WAS NOT laid off. Per a friend of mine, Nabisco had no layoffs at the time Gil quit (when Kelly was pregnant with either Erin or Lawson).

I thought it was against Gothard tenets to work for a person other than yourself?

If this is true, how can some of these people work in businesses outside the home and still consider themselves part of Gothardism?

Talking about this, Whitney just posted a picture of Zach's graduation at police academy. Would Gothard approve it?

Yeah! A "real" cop. :clap:

i'm fairly certain he is a legitimate member of the law enforcement... not just a "real" one. but a real one.

Talk about going against the grain. A real job with a steady paycheck, raises, insurance and a retirement plan. Something tells me that Whitney is leading Josh into a more mainstream life, conservative but more of a normal life. This is the same guy who said that he would let his soon watch cartoons, specifically Winnie the Pooh. He seems so happy with Whitney and their son. She seems to have been a good influence on him and likely encouraged him to reach for more than a fundie approved profession.

Talk about going against the grain. A real job with a steady paycheck, raises, insurance and a retirement plan. Something tells me that Whitney is leading Josh into a more mainstream life, conservative but more of a normal life. This is the same guy who said that he would let his soon watch cartoons, specifically Winnie the Pooh. He seems so happy with Whitney and their son. She seems to have been a good influence on him and likely encouraged him to reach for more than a fundie approved profession.

Zach, not Josh! LOL

So this was a real police academy? Like months of work and gun training and being out there with criminals? I'm shocked.

Archived