IGNORED

Bates Family - Part 3

happy atheist

The closest Nabisco facility to the Bates is in Morristown, Tennessee, which isn't far from Knoxville. They are hiring. Per a friend of mind there wasn't a layoff that fits the Bates timeline.

I'm not surprised in the least. It makes me angry that someone would even THINK to do something so irresponsible with a small village of children! It boggles my mind that he can't even do the bare minimum, providing financial security for his family.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just happy that we have a fundies new to kissing photo that doesn't involve that weird Duggar head angle.

Right? The Duggar kiss pics always creeped me out. This one is adorable.

If you don't mind me asking (in your opinion), why would Michael marry someone that works for headquarters if she hates fundamentalism so much?

Slightly. Obsessed. With. Sex. :romance-smileyheart:

(I am joking about all of this. Well, just kind of haha. I'm too optimistic of a person.)

They're going to live in Chicago, right? I'm not entirely sure where the IBLP is. Suburbs?

HQ is in Oak Brook. South burbs.

Right? The Duggar kiss pics always creeped me out. This one is adorable.

And no weird dip, either! They're both upright and he even has his hand on the back of her head!

I think they look incredibly happy in their pics because they have had so long to get to know each other. So many fundies agree to courtship and get engaged and then married in such a short period of time - many barely knowing each other except for admiration from afar - that their first few days just the two of them (sans chaperones) must be somewhat awkward. Clearly they figure things out quickly since so many of them have babies by their first anniversaries, but the honeymoon period must be pretty interesting for some of them.

HQ is in Oak Brook. South burbs.

It's more like west burbs, about 25 miles from Chicago. You could get to the loop from the street the hq faces. I've seen some of the IBLP people around at different places.

Full disclosure - I live way too close to this place, and have most of my life.

It's more like west burbs, about 25 miles from Chicago. You could get to the loop from the street the hq faces. I've seen some of the IBLP people around at different places.

I knew I shouldn't have attempted to clarify the subset of burbs! :lol: I was born without a sense of direction.

I am in your general area, but was raised in a burb up north so for me everything south of Evanston not in the city is the south burbs for me whether they are or not!

Oak Brook is a nice area. Downers Grove is nearby there as well and also very nice. Great Shopping and restaurants. Housing is likely to be expensive though as it is a fairly affluent area.

Area Trivia TidBit: It is where the headquarters for McDonalds is located. In fact they used to have "hamburger University" in that area, but I don't think it is there anymore. But honestly, if you are up in the area, the McDonalds near Oak Brook center is probably the nicest one in the country.

If they are living in the OakBrook area, they will need to make a decent living to afford living there. And it will be quite the culture shock for Michael as it is a very busy, congested area with lots of traffic. Country Girl Michael may feel a little out of her league.

Oak Brook is a nice area. Downers Grove is nearby there as well and also very nice. Great Shopping and restaurants. Housing is likely to be expensive though as it is a fairly affluent area.

Area Trivia TidBit: It is where the headquarters for McDonalds is located. In fact they used to have "hamburger University" in that area, but I don't think it is there anymore. But honestly, if you are up in the area, the McDonalds near Oak Brook center is probably the nicest one in the country.

If they are living in the OakBrook area, they will need to make a decent living to afford living there. And it will be quite the culture shock for Michael as it is a very busy, congested area with lots of traffic. Country Girl Michael may feel a little out of her league.

It's been said in different threads that the belief is that Gothard owns the homes and so it's a perk of the job. Because that was my thought initially, how much does Ilbp pay that they have live in the area especially with growing families.

And yes, it will be a culture shock for her and I hope she finds it exciting.

And I go to hamburger university every year! Not the class, just the building. :D I attend a software conference every year and they rent out the HU building at McD headquarters. Gorgeous grounds and the buildings are very nice. Some cool McDonald's memorabilia in cases in the lobby. I feign great interest in them during breaks as I'm pretty introverted and need something to do when I'm not on a pretend phone call to avoid talking to strangers. :lol:

I think Naperville is much nicer than Downers Grove, and Aurora has way more culture, imo.

My boyfriend is not originally from the area, and he claims McDonalds in Chicagoland in general are much, much nicer than McDOnalds anywhere else because they get wayyyyyyy more visits from the higher-ups than anywhere else in the country, so they're always on top of their game.

I wouldn't know, even though I've traveled to different parts of the country, I try not to go to McDonalds or fast food when I'm traveling.

I would like to see them take a trip to Ed Debevic's for dinner. They could invite David and Pris.

I would like to see them take a trip to Ed Debevic's for dinner. They could invite David and Pris.

No, I'll probably run into them at Chick-Fil-A like I have with David and Pris one time too many. Or Portillos with some of the Duggars.

And also for Michaela and Brandon, moving to Chicago could mean one of many suburbs (or even NW Indiana.) I would love to see where they end up. If he is working in the Loop, they may want somewhere by one of the Metra rail lines.

I believe that Kelly has made it pretty clear that Brandon is going to be working at the Gothard mothership in Oak Brook. I am sure we will see some precious backyard BBQ fellowship pics with the Pecan Thief and the Staddon kids before long.

Blast from the past: worked down the street from McD's Corporate Store for a few years. IIRC the menu would feature items that they were testing out, it was the first time I had one of their salads. Not sure if they do that now.

Used to live in the Gothard HQ area, drove past the campus many times though wasn't aware it was there until I came to FJ. While we were living there, Mr. No worked a part time job at a print shop and when I first mentioned ATI and IBLP to him, he remembered doing print jobs for them.

I believe that Kelly has made it pretty clear that Brandon is going to be working at the Gothard mothership in Oak Brook. I am sure we will see some precious backyard BBQ fellowship pics with the Pecan Thief and the Staddon kids before long.

When I read this I instantly pictured all of them in a backyard with a privacy fence seeing if the coast was clear and then breaking out a cooler of beer, pitcher of margaritas, put on a little Aerosmith or Bon Jovi after changing into some comfy shorts and t-shirts while they complain about the boss and the women exchange tips on how to prevent sore facial muscles from smiling all the time while they good naturedly bitch about their husbands. The little ones running through the sprinkler and making all kinds of noise - being kids and not "blessings" or "heritages."

Seriously, they should just try it once.

It's been said in different threads that the belief is that Gothard owns the homes and so it's a perk of the job. Because that was my thought initially, how much does Ilbp pay that they have live in the area especially with growing families.

And yes, it will be a culture shock for her and I hope she finds it exciting.

And I go to hamburger university every year! Not the class, just the building. :D I attend a software conference every year and they rent out the HU building at McD headquarters. Gorgeous grounds and the buildings are very nice. Some cool McDonald's memorabilia in cases in the lobby. I feign great interest in them during breaks as I'm pretty introverted and need something to do when I'm not on a pretend phone call to avoid talking to strangers. :lol:

That is just way too similar to the FLDS cult. Just something else to hold over the members' heads.

That is just way too similar to the FLDS cult. Just something else to hold over the members' heads.

ITA. If true if you have a change of faith you either fake it or lose your job and your home. Once you've started that quiver that's got to be super scary.

And they do worship BG. Glad my deity was never my landlord.

ITA. If true if you have a change of faith you either fake it or lose your job and your home. Once you've started that quiver that's got to be super scary.

Now I kind of want "My deity is my landlord" to become a user title :lol:

I just had a creepy, far-fetched thought...what if the houses were bugged (like in the movie "The Firm")? Their deity wouldn't do that, would he?

Forgive my ignorance but what does ITA mean?

"I totally agree."

Forgive my ignorance but what does ITA mean?

"I totally agree"

I had to Google a web forum abbreviations list when I first got here. :embarrassed:

I just had a creepy, far-fetched thought...what if the houses were bugged (like in the movie "The Firm")? Their deity wouldn't do that, would he?

:shock:

Archived