IGNORED

The Infamous Maxwell Pizza Incident

VodouDoll

Another post caught my eye while looking for Twin2's story. It's delightfully entitled "A Man and His Dawg."

articles.titus2.com/a-man-and-his-dawg/

Our children are similar to most in that they love pets, especially dogs. When we visited someone’s home and they had a dog, the poor thing would be smothered by our children’s love and attention. Inevitably, on our way home one or more would ask if we could get a dog. My answer was always, “We raise children in our home, not pets. However, you may certainly pray about it.†You can be sure they did!

About two years ago the strangest thing happened–I would often find myself thinking about buying the children a dog. It was the funniest thing; it wasn’t just to be a dog but was to be a golden retriever. I knew the thought was crazy, as I didn’t even know what one looked like; I knew it would be lots of trouble; I knew Teri would be against it because everyone already had many responsibilities; and I knew my in-laws would think I’d gone off the deep end. But–I just couldn’t shake it. In fact, I began to believe the Lord was the One behind it. Once I realized it might be of the Lord, I began to look for confirmation.

One day, during my regular walk with my father-in-law, I broached the subject to him. He has a heart for his “little girl†(as you would expect), and I was sure he would advise against anything that would increase her responsibilities in keeping the house clean. If I remember right, there were two words out of his mouth, “Great idea!†I was shocked.

It also includes the prayer as a loophole around Stevehovah bit:

First, some might think (with a light chuckle) that I no longer encourage the children to pray about something I’m against. Quite the opposite, I’m very much in favor of it. It is excellent for the family to see that God rules in the heart of their father, and the Lord can easily change Dad’s heart if He chooses to. They were able to see God turn their daddy’s heart. They have seen God answer other prayer requests, but this one was extra special to them.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another post caught my eye while looking for Twin2's story. It's delightfully entitled "A Man and His Dawg."

articles.titus2.com/a-man-and-his-dawg/

It also includes the prayer as a loophole around Stevehovah bit:

Steve didn't know what a very popular breed of dog looked like? I have no words...

It's like what Erika Shupe said to justify buying all her dogs. She was always a cat person but then The Lord put it upon her heart to get a little lap dog. Apparently The Lord mentioned a specific breed to Steve, whereas I don't think The Lord specified anything in particular for Erika.

Steve didn't know what a very popular breed of dog looked like? I have no words...

It's like what Erika Shupe said to justify buying all her dogs. She was always a cat person but then The Lord put it upon her heart to get a little lap dog. Apparently The Lord mentioned a specific breed to Steve, whereas I don't think The Lord specified anything in particular for Erika.

I'm just flabbergasted that Steve thought that his father in law would be against the dog for no other reason than because it would increase Teri's womanly duties.

Oh, no. Erika definitely specified a specific breed to Erika. God (or anyone else) didn't have a chance to get a word in on that decision.

I had to go to my husband and ask, Steve, if you see a woman with a slit in her skirt does it draw your eyes to her legs? We went through each of the examples and he confirmed that they were eye traps for men.

Hmm, Steve, I do believe the good book tells you exactly what to do with your eyes if you can't keep them from causing you to sin....

Speaking of the Maxwell's dog, do they still have her?

Speaking of the Maxwell's dog, do they still have her?

I think she passed away, but I don't remember if they mentioned it on the blog, or if we all just assumed.

They don't seem to have gotten another dog either. I wonder why?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she died because she must have by now and she's never in photos. But they never mentioned it.

I think she passed away, but I don't remember if they mentioned it on the blog, or if we all just assumed.

They don't seem to have gotten another dog either. I wonder why?

In a normal family, they'd mention the death of a supposedly beloved (but not by Steve, who doesn't think you can love a dog) pet. Not the Maxwells though. They didn't even mention that grandpa had died until over a year later. Not mentioning Honey was just par for the course. She just became an un-dog. Minitrue strikes again.

The latest mention of a dog by the Maxwells that I can find is from 2010 (blog.titus2.com/2010/01/05/texas-bound/) where they send Honey off to be taken care of by the grandparents while they all go to Texas.

There is a commentator in 2014 that mentions the dog they used to have: blog.titus2.com/2014/11/05/exciting-times-with-the-moodys/comment-page-1/#comment-207578

I think they did make a post about losing the dog? I seem to remember her sleeping inside or in a bedroom at the end?

I would love to know how Steveovah's former coworkers and managers thought of him. He had to have been completely insufferable by the end.

Yes, I've wondered this, too. Given what we know of Steve, I wouldn't be surprised if his co-workers shed no tears over his departure. :violin:

The cheese paper post is my all-time favourite Maxwell post. It's the kind of banal stuff that most people would forget after 10 seconds, but Sarah excitedly describes it for a full paragraph, and even took time to snap a photo of the infamous cheese paper. I hoped she'd turn it into a new book... WILD TIMES WITH THE MOODYS: THE CHEESE PAPER CAPER.

Close second: when Steve forgot the U in Titus.

Yes, I've wondered this, too. Given what we know of Steve, I wouldn't be surprised if his co-workers shed no tears over his departure. :violin:

If I were a supplier, I'd probably put up with his idiosyncrasies to a point. But if I were a boss, I'd tell him to get over himself and meet with the woman, or get out of the office.

What do you do with an employee who will only speak to half of the population, and even less than half courteously because #Jesus?!

The cheese paper post is my all-time favourite Maxwell post. It's the kind of banal stuff that most people would forget after 10 seconds, but Sarah excitedly describes it for a full paragraph, and even took time to snap a photo of the infamous cheese paper. I hoped she'd turn it into a new book... WILD TIMES WITH THE MOODYS: THE CHEESE PAPER CAPER.

Don't forget the time that Steve lost his glasses and they found them rattling around in Uriah's driver's seat. They laughed til we cried.

Or when god took time out of his busy day so the Maxwells could celebrate the Miracle of the New Cell Phone Case. The Maxwells really are special, aren't they? Either that or god's got some mighty messed up priorities.

If I were a supplier, I'd probably put up with his idiosyncrasies to a point. But if I were a boss, I'd tell him to get over himself and meet with the woman, or get out of the office.

What do you do with an employee who will only speak to half of the population, and even less than half courteously because #Jesus?!

Ah, but then he would claim religious discrimination - because Stevian Christianity forbids interaction of a gawdly man with any fluid-filled, temptatious woman - and tie you up in hearings and the complaint process for a year ... oh wait; that's exactly what did happen.

I imagine he had his calculator out the whole time, from the get go, figuring out how much he'd be able to get in severance to pad him out for the rest of his weird-ass life.

It suddenly occurred to me that the cheese paper incident wasn't an accident -- Teri was just reverencing her headship again:

BHzG9ic.jpg

Did this really happen? ! :mrgreen:

Anyway...

post-6866-14452000522059_thumb.jpg

It was probably the most fun thing that had happend in the Maxhell universum in months. The fact that Sarah got so excited about it just highlights how sad their lives really are. :(

I've been reading through the Maxwell blog archives, trying to piece together when Honey passed away and if there is a blog post about it. (I never said I had a life.) One post that struck me, was when Abigail was born. Nathan was describing the hospital where Abby was in the NICU. He kept saying that he and Melanie wanted to be a light to others. Ok fine... but then he says it's amazing to see homeless people :? and to see men that "look like gang members" that have cute little kids that call them daddy. :pink-shock: Are the Maxwells not aware that other men out there besides themselves are dads? They are so full of themselves, it's incredible! :lol:

I've been reading through the Maxwell blog archives, trying to piece together when Honey passed away and if there is a blog post about it. (I never said I had a life.) One post that struck me, was when Abigail was born. Nathan was describing the hospital where Abby was in the NICU. He kept saying that he and Melanie wanted to be a light to others. Ok fine... but then he says it's amazing to see homeless people :? and men that "look like gang members" that have cute little kids that call them daddy. :pink-shock: Are the Maxwells not aware that other men out there besides themselves are dads? They are so full of themselves, it's incredible! :lol:

Melanie's hospital stays are probably one of the few, if not the only times that the Maxwells weren't in control of their environment. Nathan is probably the one Maxwell who seems to interact with non-Christians an a somewhat regular basis, but that's only for work where again, the environment is somewhat limited. Other than that, he USED TO minister at a men's shelter but that stopped a while ago and again, a very limited and non-mainstream environment. So yeah, he actually might not be aware that there's a wide range of people out in the real world, in a variety of circumstances, who have families who love them, especially since he's had in drummed into him—as have the others—that the "outside" world is a bad place filled with bad people.

ETA: During one of Melanie's hospital stays, Nathan actually posted something about the Beast that is TV. Something to the effect of how she didn't have one and wasn't that wonderful blah blah blah we're so much better than you. Seriously? Your wife is in the hospital with a high-risk pregnancy and the thing you focus on is TV?

ETA2: Here it is. From when Mel was in the hospital while she was pregnant with Abby and having complications. This was one of the things I mentioned to Steve when I emailed him about using JimBoob—and specifically mentioning the TV show (since removed from the cover)—to flog his book. If TV was such a beast that his son felt the need to lecture about it during his wife's hospital stay, wasn't it hypocritical and self-serving of Steve to use it to his advantage? Nope, not according to Steve.

Its funny, the cleaning crew very carefully cleans the tv each day. We’ve laughed about how that’s one thing we’d never know if it were grimy or not. We’ve wondered how many other rooms here don’t have the constant noise and filth spewing forth – probably not very many. For us, that’s a result of our commitment to “come out and be ye separate.†Sadly, weekend nights are movie nights for most in the US- including Christians. I wonder if people driving by your house (or walking past your room as in our case :)) will see the flash and glow of a TV or the lack of all that that comes from a family spending quality time together in the Bible. What light/Light is shining in your home?

Sparkles, thanks for that awesome post. I also love your post count title. Haha!

I have 2 questions for the Maxwells regarding the Beast. No. 1: What about those Christian movies such as Fireproof? Are those ok to watch? And No. 2: What if you don't have a tv, but you read other books with your family besides the Bible. Like say, mystery books or fun adventure novels. Is that ok? :think:

I have 2 questions for the Maxwells regarding the Beast. No. 1: What about those Christian movies such as Fireproof? Are those ok to watch? And No. 2: What if you don't have a tv, but you read other books with your family besides the Bible. Like say, mystery books or fun adventure novels. Is that ok? :think:

Steve's latest Seriously email was clearly laid on his heart by the Lord, just for you! :lol:

A TEST OF THE HEART

A good test of whom I love more, myself or the Lord, is where would I rather err? Is pleasing the Lord or myself more important to me?

Would I choose to bypass something enjoyable if I’m unsure whether the Lord would be pleased with my doing it, or would I choose instead to go ahead and do it even though He may be displeased? (After all, He is a forgiving God, right?)

Say there is an activity I’m confident is not sinful, but I’m not sure whether the Lord would be pleased if I spent my time on it. (I’ve found that most times if I’m not sure, likely it is not something the Lord is pleased with.) Where would I err, on my own pleasure or on pleasing the Lord? Would I choose to forgo something I would like to do? Or would I go ahead and do it, justifying it in my mind as I know other Christians do it, so I can, too.

A corollary to this is the mindset that I’d rather ask forgiveness than seek to please.

“But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.†(Matthew 16:23)

Steve Maxwell

Titus2, Inc

Archived