IGNORED

The Infamous Maxwell Pizza Incident

VodouDoll

I attempted this once. Yes, you should know after the first bite.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You attempted this- as in on purpose to test it? Or you accidentally did this and just noticed on the first bite?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As long as we are going down memory lane. Lest we forget the hilarious example of how not only has Steve numbed Teri's spirit but her taste buds as well.....

THE CHEESE PAPER INCIDENT!!

To the bolded: Good grief! How out of touch is this family?! I don't know about the rest of you FJers, but everyone I know calls this stuff cheese paper.

I'm honestly waiting for 1TonRamp's new slogan to be "We invented the internet!"

I think I remember something about Kelly Bates coming right out and admitting that one of the reasons she likes the male headship thing is that she doesn't have to worry about every day tasks and important things like bill paying and money management. She says she just passes it off to her husband and she gets to be content. In some ways this idea just gives the wife an excuse to be lazy. She doesn't have to make any decisions because the husband makes them for her. When fundie live at home they have their father to make all decisions for them. When they get married their husband takes on this role. Some may even make it their whole lives without making any important life decision.

It may also be a way to pass off the blame to someone else. If the pizza is forgotten it's not her fault because it's not her responsibility to ensure the food arrives on time. I just wonder how far they will take it. If the house burns down because Steve left the stove on will she just say "This was a perfect lesson in reverencing my husband. We may have lost everything but the clothes on our backs but I'm blessed that the Lord allowed me the opportunity to learn how to reverence my husband."

This type of thinking can lead to deadly consequences if taken too far.

No way in hell would I ever let my husband have sole control over finances. He feels the same about me. It goes against everything we believe a marriage should be about: working together as partners to make decisions that will benefit both of us.

Exactly. As a teen I never had a problem telling mom where I was going and approximately how long I'd be, because mom always gave me the same courtesy, so to me that's just basic human decency. Unless mom is sleeping and I'm likely to be back before she wakes up, or dad is working and can't be disturbed or something like that.

I can't imagine anyone in our house just leaving and not telling anyone or leaving some kind of note or something. It'd be odd.

Even if my husband is asleep or not at home, I leave a note. This has to with my medical condition not accountability.

"Part way through, an exclamation was heard"

I like to think that exclamation was 'WTF?!" but it was more likely 'well lands sakes' with apologies for her rough talk.

How in the hell can you eat half a sandwich with the cheese paper in it? Wouldn't you notice after you tried to take the first bite?

Could it be that she is on some meds which numb her down enough that she simply doesn't notice and doesn't give a fuck about anything anymore?

"Part way through, an exclamation was heard"

I like to think that exclamation was 'WTF?!" but it was more likely 'well lands sakes' with apologies for her rough talk.

If this was Sarah writing, then I'm not surprised it was phrased like that. This is the author of the weirdly formal and stilted Moody books.

Speaking of old posts, how about the Halloween one from November 1st 2000? The one by Teri rather than Steve. Steve's one is all about why he doesn't let Teri spend time alone with another man with occasional bits of "Halloween is EVIL and there is NO justification in celebrating it!!" and plenty of Bible verses. Teri's more in-depth explanation is.... well... :pink-shock: to say the least.

Spoiler: the paragraph about the waitress at the restaurant is probably the most ridiculous thing I have EVER seen on the Tits2 blog. Now, that may be because I'm not as au fait with the Maxwells as other FJers, but still.... it's mental. Absolutely mental.

articles.titus2.com/halloween/

I love that this thread is turning into Maxwell Greatest Hits. In the post mango_fandango links, Teri describes how seeing other kids innocently trick or treating was terrifying her children out of their wits, so they decided to go out to dinner. Then:

Our next attempts revolved around getting together with like-minded families and going out for dinner on Halloween. The first time we did this, the waitress was dressed up like a witch! The next year we phoned ahead requesting that our waitress not be dressed up as anything evil, but of course that couldn’t change what other customers and waitresses were wearing. Nor could we avoid our children seeing the trick-or-treaters on the streets as we went to and from the restaurant.

Not even The Elderly were immune from this depravity:

Our younger children didn’t even know the word “Halloween†for many years. When the now-popular Halloween lights began to go up, they thought they were Christmas lights. Steve does not take the younger children with him to do the nursing home ministry during the month of October because they would have to stare at evil figures hung on the curtains behind him for an entire hour. We encourage the children to look away from the grotesque and evil.

Hee.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You attempted this- as in on purpose to test it? Or you accidentally did this and just noticed on the first bite?

On purpose, because I just had to see if it was at all possible to not know. It's not, takes a lot of work to bite through the paper.

I love that this thread is turning into Maxwell Greatest Hits. In the post mango_fandango links, Teri describes how seeing other kids innocently trick or treating was terrifying her children out of their wits, so they decided to go out to dinner. Then:

Not even The Elderly were immune from this depravity:

Hee.

That waitress incident was what I was referring to! Maybe we should have a new thread about Maxwell Greatest Hits, or change the thread title or something. Next, albeit much smaller: how poor baby Ruthanne was wearing a giant headflower headband at only 2 and a half hours old. Good grief.

Also, this exclaimer: "Special Note: Steve has asked that moms please not read the Dad’s Corner unless your husband has read it first." articles.titus2.com/2000/11/

Sure Stevehova :cray-cray: :nenner:

Also, this exclaimer: "Special Note: Steve has asked that moms please not read the Dad’s Corner unless your husband has read it first." articles.titus2.com/2000/11/

Well now I'm definitely going to read it ... BEFORE my husband reads it. (Well, not that he'll ever actually read it ...) :lol: :cracking-up: :D

On purpose, because I just had to see if it was at all possible to not know. It's not, takes a lot of work to bite through the paper.

Well, Terry is used to hard work without complaining. If she was truly humble though, she would of just eaten the rest of her sammich without complaint.

Holy fucknuggets. Steve is the worst.

It's hard enough to understand what drives one family unit to embrace this kind of extremism, but it's absolutely unfathomable to me how other unrelated families would learn about this lifestyle and think that it's something to admire and emulate. WHY?

Steve has that admonition about NO WIMMINS (or only if your headship says it's okay) on number of columns. Here's one about the adulterous temptations that starts out "Moms - PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS!! It is for your husbands only!"

articles.titus2.com/a-business-lunch/

Naturally, I read them and I'm always tempted to comment that I did.

ETA: Fixed the link

ETA2: I see he changed the original name from FOR FATHERS ONLY! as it is on the Wayback Machine to "A Business Lunch."

I just read the Halloween post, and found out one of the Maxwell kids was born on Halloween. This is going to sound so petty, but I felt so much actual disappointment when I read that. I have always said that the coolest 'holiday birthday' would be Halloween because of the costumes, the built-in nighttime celebrations, the goodies... I've never grasped before how much fun is not being had in MaxHell until I read that post.

It's hard enough to understand what drives one family unit to embrace this kind of extremism, but it's absolutely unfathomable to me how other unrelated families would learn about this lifestyle and think that it's something to admire and emulate. WHY?

Steve has that admonition about NO WIMMINS (or only if your headship says it's okay) on number of columns. Here's one about the adulterous temptations that starts out "Moms - PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS!! It is for your husbands only!"

web.archive.org/web/19990921085137/http://www.titus2.com/Corners/frame1.htm

I'm getting a 404 not found message from that link. :(

web.archive.org/web/19990921085137/http://www.titus2.com/Corners/frame1.htm

He didn't indicate whether or not he attended the lunch and had sex with the saleswoman. Damn you Steve for leaving me hanging.

I'm getting a 404 not found message from that link. :(

Me too.

We encourage the children to look away from the grotesque and evil.

Teri, I can't help wishing you'd shielded them from the twisted horror that is your husband's personality.

I just read the Halloween post, and found out one of the Maxwell kids was born on Halloween. This is going to sound so petty, but I felt so much actual disappointment when I read that. I have always said that the coolest 'holiday birthday' would be Halloween because of the costumes, the built-in nighttime celebrations, the goodies... I've never grasped before how much fun is not being had in MaxHell until I read that post.

It's Anna who has the Halloween birthday.

Erika Shupe of Large Families on Purpose also has a Halloween birthday. She is a great Maxwellian disciple- recommends MOTH and MOTC a lot, schedules her nine kids to the nth degree, also threw out her TV...

largefamiliesonpurpose.com/

Even if you read only a few posts you'll get the gist. She's crazy. Here's her Halloween story: largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2012/09/happy-halloween.html

told the saleswoman I couldn’t go as I have determined not to go to lunch with other women. Before I could continue, she laughed and said she wouldn’t bite and could even bring a male sales engineer along. I explained that with that aside, what if someone who knew Teri and me saw us together? What might they think? She exclaimed, “Wow, do you really mean that?†I said I did. She understood and thought that was great. (Of course she did, she's in sales and would never tell a client she thought he was insane)

I believe God will honor our commitment to taking no chances. Another example. If heroin were legal, would you try it? Why not? Well, one reason is because we know how addicting it can be, and we don’t know how much we have to take to get hooked. So we would be crazy to try it. In that light, how did we fall in love with our wives? For me, I spent time with Teri, she became my friend (and still is), and then I fell in love with her. So why would we expect not to be in danger of becoming attracted to ANY other woman we spent much time with? From David until now, men daily are trapped. Could you be next?

Because even if you were attracted to another woman, you have committed and should be strong enough in your convictions to not allow yourself to fall in love with another woman, since men and women can be and are platonic coworkers, friends and colleagues unless they choose not to be? Steve must have zero self control-- it is amazing he would admit this.

BTW, my husband works closely with women clients all across the country. If he said "please, I can't have lunch with you without a male coworker of yours there" I can see many of them being insulted even to the point of dropping him as a vendor. And I'd take him in for a brain scan, because I'd think he had developed a tumor. :?

So, how does Steve stand to be around his daugters-in-law?

He's probably never alone with them... which in and of itself is creepy.

:pray:

Because even if you were attracted to another woman, you have committed and should be strong enough in your convictions to not allow yourself to fall in love with another woman, since men and women can be and are platonic coworkers, friends and colleagues unless they choose not to be? Steve must have zero self control-- it is amazing he would admit this.

BTW, my husband works closely with women clients all across the country. If he said "please, I can't have lunch with you without a male coworker of yours there" I can see many of them being insulted even to the point of dropping him as a vendor. And I'd take him in for a brain scan, because I'd think he had developed a tumor. :?

The thing is, all these fundies claim to have faith and be believers, but it's things like this that show how little faith they have in themselves, and in their children. These fundies will never even mention other Christian denominations (unless in a disparaging light) let alone other religions entirely. It's like I found some old Corner about Steve watching some documentaries with the three oldest, which talked about some Eastern religion, and eventually turning it off because it was too much like temptation. Jesus H Christ.

Archived