IGNORED

John Robert Moore and Iris Muscarella Engagement

DomWackTroll

IKR. Or do the mods need to investigate sock puppet accounts.

I don't think he read the rules about sock puppets and decided to come out of the fundie closet and make another account under his real name.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are no sock puppets, although I did attempt to start another account yesterday by my typical username instead of my own name (I thought that might be why this account wasn't activated when I registered more than a year ago.) I can get into the other topic at another time. It's basically what got me kicked out of the VF circles. Them finding that I was bisexual had something to do with it for many of them, but several leaders knew that since 2010. But my film was pulled from the film festival in '13 because photos of me giving a blowjob to a dildo (basically the treadmill of oral sex) were mailed to the judges, and somebody associated me with that account.

There's a ton of information I can't really go into but it might not be a problem in another six months or so. In the end, those photos spilled to the rest of the judges and I was asked to leave and not come back. My siblings stayed but my parents and I left. They were sent by somebody claiming to be a moderator here at FJ, but I'm confident it was one of the members using that account which shall not be named, as they're the only people close enough to me to have access to those photos. It's way more involved than it needs to be, but long story short, it was a jarring experience that led to a exorcists and psychologists being moved into my home, members of our church insisting that I be kicked out, etc. They weren't wrong. I was publicly opposed to homosexuality and even leaving most of my public endorsements of theonomy on my blog.

EDIT After that, my family shifted radically, but especially me. I moved out in August of that year, and I'm still very close with everyone in my family, but between the film festival and the events that followed later that year, most of the people in the community have dropped out of communication with us.

There are no sock puppets, although I did attempt to start another account yesterday by my typical username instead of my own name (I thought that might be why this account wasn't activated when I registered more than a year ago.) I can get into the other topic at another time. It's basically what got me kicked out of the VF circles. Them finding that I was bisexual had something to do with it for many of them, but several leaders knew that since 2010. But my film was pulled from the film festival in '13 because photos of me giving a blowjob to a dildo (basically the treadmill of oral sex) were mailed to the judges, and somebody associated me with that account.

There's a ton of information I can't really go into but it might not be a problem in another six months or so. In the end, those photos spilled to the rest of the judges and I was asked to leave and not come back. My siblings stayed but my parents and I left. They were sent by somebody claiming to be a moderator here at FJ, but I'm confident it was one of the members using that account which shall not be named, as they're the only people close enough to me to have access to those photos. It's way more involved than it needs to be, but long story short, it was a jarring experience that led to a exorcists and psychologists being moved into my home, members of our church insisting that I be kicked out, etc. They weren't wrong. I was publicly opposed to homosexuality and even leaving most of my public endorsements of theonomy on my blog.

Now that sounds like quite a bit to go through, and I'm sure it involved (still involves) quite a bit of soul searching. I hope that things are going better for you now.

Now that sounds like quite a bit to go through, and I'm sure it involved (still involves) quite a bit of soul searching. I hope that things are going better for you now.

1 billion percent better!

Eh, you got the best revenge. Take one look at your girl and you know you got them all beat!

I'm glad you left fundietown.

...but he's only ever made three comments, and they're all in this thread

1 billion percent better!

Wow. I'm close to a fair amount of people from your younger years, whom were heavily influenced by your parents and I'm very impressed to hear they keep a good relationship with you. I can't imagine how hard it was to go through everything that you did; I had heard rumors, but would not have guessed the full extent. It must have been really rough, and I'm glad to see that you're doing well.

...but he's only ever made three comments, and they're all in this thread

That is true. If he has changed it is good. I didn't read his FB page, but I did think it was weird that if he has another account here he didn't address that in his first comment instead of rambling about old movies.

Thought he was a goner but the cat came back - he just couldn't stay away! :shifty-kitty: :wink-kitty:

Thought he was a goner but the cat came back - he just couldn't stay away! :shifty-kitty: :wink-kitty:

He got caught up on Grey's Anatomy. :lol: :wink-kitty:

JRM, I why did you (a bisexual) defend the teachings of Doug Phillips (a vicious homophobe) and/or Vision Forum so strenuously (not here, but in articles and posts I've read at other sites)? Why was his approval so important to you? And how did you feel at the news of his complete moral failure?

Edited for clarity.

JRM, I why did you (a bisexual) defend the teachings of Doug Phillips (a vicious homophobe) and/or Vision Forum so strenuously (not here, but in articles and posts I've read at other sites)? Why was his approval so important to you? And how did you feel at the news of his complete moral failure?

Edited for clarity.

I didn't, and again can't go into that here. But my entire environment was a charisma driven theonomist swirl tank, and I was determined to be the best swimmer, without having any critical thinking skills beyond presuppositionalist regurgitation. I have answered some questions on this (very cautiously, as I still have a ton of wonderful relationships with people who are just.... uneducated? I guess?) on my Ask page as they've come up. I discovered my bisexuality when I was 17 and thought it was a horrible burdensome sin, even believing it was the devil trying to ruin my ministry. From 2010 to 2013 I swore up and down that it was behind me and I was no longer struggling with sin and so forth, and I genuinely did try to 'conquer' it. And after all, I was attracted to women, and had only heard the binary attraction scheme (either you're straight or you're gay) so clearly it's a choice, right? But alas, my 'choice' left me no choice at all, and after the great collapse of 2013 with being kicked out of VF, then VF, IBLP, and a number of other scandals, I realized that I wasn't some struggling sinner who had failed to meet the mark, I was actually one of many manipulative liars who used a system of beliefs to prop ourselves up into positions of influence. A lot of discussion on here helped spawn those thoughts, but also just developing more professional contacts outside of the narrow circle I grew up in radically changed my self-view, and my willingness to consider the doubts and skepticism I'd had all along. After a while I met this crazy bisexual, polyamorous, gay rights activist who is a Jesus loving Christian and also championship burlesque performer, and my fate as a fundie flouncer was sealed.

And as for those wondering why I just started posting here; It's because I saw a post where my girlfriend was being attached to what appears to be a white supremacist group and wanted to offer clarity on that one particular point. My work is very influenced by what people find about me online, as is hers, since we are both in entertainment. This account was registered forever ago to weigh in on some controversial topics related to scandals, but the account was not activated so I left it alone.

EDIT: Whoops. Misread the question above. But ultimately it's because it's what I believed. Even though I wasn't living it, I just figured I would eventually 'conquer' the sin in my life and become all the things I espoused, but there was a huge amount of shame and compensation for that shame going on. There's this weird phenomena where sin isn't real until it's public or documented in these circles. A good for instance, no action was taken when it was discovered by leadership that I was bisexual in 2010. But in 2013, when there were photos (not of me having relationships with men, which had happened and was known, but of me with a sex toy) then serious repercussions followed, not just for me, but for my parents and siblings. I guess the injustice of that handling 'gave me permission' to go think for myself.

Honestly what is going on around here any more, I feel like I'm hallucinating in half these threads. Fundies blowing dildos, fake Serbian war criminals. What a time to be alive, my friends.

... I was actually one of many manipulative liars who used a system of beliefs to prop ourselves up into positions of influence. A lot of discussion on here helped spawn those thoughts, but also just developing more professional contacts outside of the narrow circle I grew up in radically changed my self-view, and my willingness to consider the doubts and skepticism I'd had all along.

JRM. What you said about the topics on FJ helping you to form / verbalize concrete thoughts about fundieism in general. Me too. And for that, I thank FJ with all my heart.

JRM. What you said about the topics on FJ helping you to form / verbalize concrete thoughts about fundieism in general. Me too. And for that, I thank FJ with all my heart.

Two big thumbs up!

Honestly what is going on around here any more, I feel like I'm hallucinating in half these threads. Fundies blowing dildos, fake Serbian war criminals. What a time to be alive, my friends.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a week! I wish my video embedding skills were better - all I can think of is Kari the babysitter in "Jack Jack Attack" (the extra at the end of "The Incredibles"), on the phone with Mrs. Parr: "Weeeird things are happening, and I need you to tell me what to do!!"

ETA: I am loving the phrase "my fate as a fundie flouncer was sealed." :romance-smileyheart:

[bBvideo 560,340:18x6cqw7]

[/bBvideo]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a week! I wish my video embedding skills were better - all I can think of is Kari the babysitter in "Jack Jack Attack" (the extra at the end of "The Incredibles"), on the phone with Mrs. Parr: "Weeeird things are happening, and I need you to tell me what to do!!"

ETA: I am loving the phrase "my fate as a fundie flouncer was sealed." :romance-smileyheart:

Well, I'm loving the phrase "treadmill of oral sex" even though I have absolutely no idea what it means.

Well, I'm loving the phrase "treadmill of oral sex" even though I have absolutely no idea what it means.

Confidential to JRM, if it's anything like being on a treadmill, you're doing it wrong.

Confidential to JRM, if it's anything like being on a treadmill, you're doing it wrong.

Haha, in other words you do a lot of work but you never actually get anywhere.

This, so much. I'm trying to collect my jaw from the floor here but keep checking around me constantly - what's next?!? Peter B. announcing he's going to volunteer at his local Planned Parenthood?

I need a drink now, and I'm not talking about soda.

Archived