IGNORED

John Robert Moore and Iris Muscarella Engagement

DomWackTroll

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, John left fundie-dom a while ago...refreshing isn't it? AND unrelated but didn't want to start a new thread...Stephen Bradrick has a photography business and shot a woman wearing a BIKINI! There may be hope for Peter yet!

Yes, John left fundie-dom a while ago...refreshing isn't it? AND unrelated but didn't want to start a new thread...Stephen Bradrick has a photography business and shot a woman wearing a BIKINI! There may be hope for Peter yet!

It's awesome! Best defection story yet! (Though on his blog he does still call himself a "Christian filmmaker")

I just wish I could be a fly on the wall when it's being discussed in VF homes. Oh, the fundie sadz...

Ok, possibly the cutest fundie (or ex-fundie?) I've ever seen. Who is he?

He wrote, directed, and acted in the "Christian" (translation: Dominionist) films Ace Wonder and The Widow's Might, which were then distributed through Vision Forum (and also awarded with Dougie's Golden Pedos). His family was in deep, deep, deep with VF.

Ok, possibly the cutest fundie (or ex-fundie?) I've ever seen. Who is he?

John and his family were in tight with the Reins family (I think Kelly and Andrea Reins may have nannied for the Moore kids), and were present on the infamous day of "Bringing Home Rebecca." John's younger sister, Reagan (now grown up and married) was the "little princess who shall never know the workplace" pictured on the Reins' "Bringing Home Rebecca" blog post. A truly gag-worthy caption, if ever there was one.

John featured prominently on the Botkins' "Homeschool Dropouts" DVD (now available for free from Western Conservatory, should anyone have the stomach). He was also interviewed, a number of years ago, by either Kevin Swanson or Andrea Schwartz (sorry, my memory is hazy), waxing rhapsodic about all things Rushdoony and Chalcedon Foundation.

I couldn't be happier that he seems to have escaped fundiedom. This weekend has been like birthday and Christmas rolled into one. First the Supreme Court decision, now this news about JRM. I SO wish I could be a fly on the wall at chez Botkin, watching heads explode... :lol:

John and his family were in tight with the Reins family (I think Kelly and Andrea Reins may have nannied for the Moore kids), and were present on the infamous day of "Bringing Home Rebecca." John's younger sister, Reagan (now grown up and married) was the "little princess who shall never know the workplace" pictured on the Reins' "Bringing Home Rebecca" blog post. A truly gag-worthy caption, if ever there was one.

John featured prominently on the Botkins' "Homeschool Dropouts" DVD (now available for free from Western Conservatory, should anyone have the stomach). He was also interviewed, a number of years ago, by either Kevin Swanson or Andrea Schwartz (sorry, my memory is hazy), waxing rhapsodic about all things Rushdoony and Chalcedon Foundation.

I couldn't be happier that he seems to have escaped fundiedom. This weekend has been like birthday and Christmas rolled into one. First the Supreme Court decision, now this news about JRM. I SO wish I could be a fly on the wall at chez Botkin, watching heads explode... :lol:

Oh, God, Marian-- I'm laughing so hard. I had totally forgotten that they were there. Yeah, they were really hardcore.

ETA: Apparently Iris is a burlesque performer and drag king.

twitter.com/IrisMuscarella/status/587658324939825153

instagram.com/p/1bB7etSp8_/

irislemour.yolasite.com/

Thanks! Eesh. Vision Forum fundie? I'm glad he got out. And it seems like he REALLY got out. Burlesque? Good for him! She seems great.

Re: bolded. :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

On the other hand, I bet Stephen gets more photography business than Christopher Maxwell -- who's more likely to be hired to photograph John's & Iris's wedding?!? :dance:

From John’s blog:

“A few of my reflections on 2014 are important to me. I started this blog in 2004. Over ten years ago. It's amazing how much the world has been rocked in that period of time, and how much I have been rocked in that period of time. I look back at posts over the years and squirm at my brash, naive confidence. Looking back at who I was and what I endorsed, is almost painful… Love will not be confined to age, color, gender, tribe, politics, or numbers. Love, like the AI in Spike Jonze' Her, multiplies and grows in it's capacity with every new connection. Don't hide from that which will make you grow. Don't hide from that which will make you honest. Don't hide from that which will make you sacrifice, or become unique, or even to have new passions. Embrace it, and swiftly.â€

johnmoorefilmmaker.com/2015/01/reflections-on-2014.html

From John’s blog:

“A few of my reflections on 2014 are important to me. I started this blog in 2004. Over ten years ago. It's amazing how much the world has been rocked in that period of time, and how much I have been rocked in that period of time. I look back at posts over the years and squirm at my brash, naive confidence. Looking back at who I was and what I endorsed, is almost painful… Love will not be confined to age, color, gender, tribe, politics, or numbers. Love, like the AI in Spike Jonze' Her, multiplies and grows in it's capacity with every new connection. Don't hide from that which will make you grow. Don't hide from that which will make you honest. Don't hide from that which will make you sacrifice, or become unique, or even to have new passions. Embrace it, and swiftly.â€

johnmoorefilmmaker.com/2015/01/reflections-on-2014.html

You know, this kind of thing really warms my heart. He learned. He changed. If there's anything I learned this last week, is that there is hope. We're moving forward.

<>

That explains it. Reading his facebook posts and comments on the zimmerman stupidity rang a bell that i had heard similar articulation elsewhere...

There's lengthy discussion on JRM's FB page about the Supreme Court's decision, including weigh-ins from David Botkin and James Pennington (he who doesn't believe in birth certificates or Social Security numbers for his kids).

Go John and Iris!!!

:cracking-up:

That explains it. Reading his facebook posts and comments on the zimmerman stupidity rang a bell that i had heard similar articulation elsewhere...

Are we allowed to go there? (Not hand slapping, genuinely curious.)

!  {TEXT1}:
No, we're not allowed to go there. There is a rule against tying a real life name to an FJ username with the user's permission.

Well, I don't see Grey's Anatomy among his Likes. :lol: Either way, quite the evolution.

He is cute, but then he could basically pass for my husband's younger cousin. Squarer jaw and sleeker eyebrows, but the nose, mouth, and eyes are similar enough for me to have done a double-take. Pretty sure there are no fundie branches of the family, though...

There's lengthy discussion on JRM's FB page about the Supreme Court's decision, including weigh-ins from David Botkin and James Pennington (he who doesn't believe in birth certificates or Social Security numbers for his kids).

Go John and Iris!!!

:cracking-up:

Is it even legal not to obtain a birth certificate or SSN for a kid? :?

Are we allowed to go there? (Not hand slapping, genuinely curious.)

One, we have already talked about this. Two he told a bunch of us in PM. Unasked for.

If it needs to be deleted so be it. But its an open secret.

!  {TEXT1}:
An open secret is not the same as him giving permission.

Sorry to be the annoying newbie, but who is <>? I tried to look at the FAQ (link via "Welcome New Members"), but I didn't find anything.

Sorry to be the annoying newbie, but who is <>? I tried to look at the FAQ (link via "Welcome New Members"), but I didn't find anything.

On the previous board we had a visitor called <> . . . something. I forgot. Anyway, he was a VF intern and semi-insider with the younger generation of fundies. And he gave up the gossip until people started challenging him about his ideas and his reasons for sharing all the information.

It sounded then like he had one foot in and one foot out, and I guess he decided which side to land on.

<>

(You're not being annoying :) )

Wow... She definitely is NOT a fundie! Good for her and good for John. I never thought that someone so very deep in the VF closet would make such a 180 degree turn. This definitely gives hope that things _can_ change. Who would have ever thought that Dougie or the Duggars would come crashing down from their pedestal but look where we are now.

Go, John, and never look back!

Btw, I never guessed <> was such a big VF name!

I read most of the <> thread when I was a newbie here, but I missed it being this guy.

Anyway, they are a very attractive couple. Thats all I have to add.

Archived